Column Shift or Color Shift?

Posted by Kaijudo 
Column Shift or Color Shift?
January 03, 2023 05:39AM
I'm a ltitle confused about a combat rule. I heard that when you dodge CS stands for Color Shift, not Colum Shift but I can't find that in the book... is that true? and if so what page of the book is it writen in?
Re: Column Shift or Color Shift?
January 03, 2023 05:57AM
I believe that is "column shift" and I found it on page 15 of the Advanced Marvel Super Heroes Player's Book. I'm sure it is also elsewhere, but that was the first place I found it. Be advised, I was looking in an old, old, OLD physical copy and not the pdf that is downloadable here. It was in the "Making FEATs" section.
January 03, 2023 06:44AM
January 03, 2023 07:15AM
Vowels
I believe that is "column shift" and I found it on page 15 of the Advanced Marvel Super Heroes Player's Book. I'm sure it is also elsewhere, but that was the first place I found it. Be advised, I was looking in an old, old, OLD physical copy and not the pdf that is downloadable here. It was in the "Making FEATs" section.
Thank you!

I've read the rules a few times and never saw "Color Shift" that's why when I heard someone say it; it through me off and I had to investsgate. Maybe I miss understood what they meant, I hope so because if not, they been playing the game wrong for years
January 03, 2023 07:16AM
Great point! I didn't e en think about that!

I'm glad there wasn't a color shift rule I missed. Now me and my peeps can play with ease.
January 31, 2023 10:36AM
In the vein of "why not both?" I'll chime in with a house rule used at my table:

Negative column shifts that would go beyond Shift-0 start shifting down in colors. So if you're at Shift-0 already and there's still an additional -3CS penalty to account for, then even a roll of 100 (normally always a Red FEAT) would still be a White FEAT.

Likewise, as one does not column shift above Shift-Z rank into the cosmic ranks, any positive column shifts while at Shift-Z increase the color result, meaning a roll of 01 could still feasibly be a Red FEAT.

This isn't D&D, and I do not hold to the idea that a 1 is always a miss and a 100 is always a success. If the circumstances are so overwhelming as to shift in either direction, then it just makes sense that no roll is going to make a difference on the outcome.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
February 07, 2023 02:12PM
Kaijudo
I'm a ltitle confused about a combat rule. I heard that when you dodge CS stands for Color Shift, not Colum Shift but I can't find that in the book... is that true? and if so what page of the book is it writen in?

There IS a color shift rule, but it is specific to the Pulling Punches action, insofar as I can recall.

As described in my post HERE (scroll to the bottom and read my round four list, item number 5) you can find the rules for Pulling Punches in two places in the Advanced Player Book: [p24 Slugfest section, Blunt Attack sub-section, comments on pulling punches. See also p30 Tactics section, Pulling Punches sub-section]
March 02, 2023 12:01AM
looking now
March 02, 2023 12:13AM
nijineko
Kaijudo

There IS a color shift rule, but it is specific to the Pulling Punches action, insofar as I can recall.

As described in my post HERE (scroll to the bottom and read my round four list, item number 5) you can find the rules for Pulling Punches in two places in the Advanced Player Book: [p24 Slugfest section, Blunt Attack sub-section, comments on pulling punches. See also p30 Tactics section, Pulling Punches sub-section]
Thank you for this update! Yep you're right... color shifts are a thing! good call!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 33
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.