DC HEROES ROLE-PLAYING GAME

Posted by wildguy 
DC HEROES ROLE-PLAYING GAME
March 08, 2023 10:36AM
This is what i want to say about the dc heroes role-playing game:
I Think DC Comics should pair with a small game publisher and do a deluxe hard cover anniversary edition updating the characters and such at some point!
Re: DC HEROES ROLE-PLAYING GAME
March 09, 2023 02:43PM
I own 2 editions of DC Comics rpg. - When i was young where all things were pass / fail I dissed it. The last decade or so I"''ve realized it is a pretty good super hero rpg and underrated.

I agree . i also would like to see a special edition Core book.
March 09, 2023 03:33PM
Never played. Who was the game designer? What sort of system did it use?
March 10, 2023 12:35AM
Username

Never played. Who was the game designer? What sort of system did it use?
it used the megs system
March 10, 2023 01:22AM
Mayfair Games. 2D10 and doubles explode.

quote:

The game system in DC Heroes is sometimes called the Mayfair Exponential Game System (or MEGS). DC Heroes uses a logarithmic scale for character attributes. For example, a value of 3 is double a value of 2 and four times a value of 1. The scale allows characters of wildly different power levels to co-exist within the same game without one completely dominating a given area. For example, although Superman is many orders of magnitude stronger, Batman is capable of surviving a straight brawl with him for a short period. Conflicts are resolved using an Action Table and two ten-sided dice. The die-rolling system involves re-rolling any double result (the same number on both dice), so that any result is possible. Depending on the result on the Action Table, play moves to a Results Table to determine the degree of success if an action succeeds.
April 16, 2023 07:24AM
That system also is able to account for all the people who have beaten Supes in a fist fight... like Mohamad Ali.
May 12, 2023 03:33PM
MEGS is an OK system.

Lots of potential, but takes a ton of time and knowledge to make your own character in. It's just generally a heavy system.

June 01, 2023 09:25AM
barna10
MEGS is an OK system.

Lots of potential, but takes a ton of time and knowledge to make your own character in. It's just generally a heavy system.
Yeah,you got that right
June 11, 2023 06:57AM
I agree. Even at a young age - rules crunch was a put off.

Just underrated- It's not by arbitrary choice many of us converted DC characters into FACERIP stats .
June 24, 2023 02:11PM
There is a sort of ( but not exactly ) form of Alignment system called Motivation

examples are Upholding the Good
Seeking Justice
Thrill of Adventure etc etc there are 5 of them.

Was always tempted to add this to my house rules for Marvel RPG. and maybe for fun pick them for Canon Marvel Heroes.
August 21, 2023 12:26PM
Yeah,i see what you mean.,i want to see a new dc comics role-playing game in 2024!
August 21, 2023 02:20PM
Who owns DC?

And who owns the DC game system? Even though one can use game rules without permission ( sort of ) they would probably just design a new rule system for it.

Heck, they could just use the Powered by the Apocalypse 2d6 system if they wanted. ( very narrative driven but i'm not a fan )
August 21, 2023 02:25PM
August 22, 2023 10:56AM
I agree.

Yet as often the case, any time some company comes out with a new edition to a " Property " rpg they use it as an excuse to create / redo the game rules.

I think Tolkien's Lord of the Rings has had at least 3 different rules systems for it.

I'm surprised no one has done a d20 or 5e version / conversion for Marvel or a superhero game... maybe they have ....
August 22, 2023 11:38AM
September 04, 2023 10:06AM
yeah,i see what you mean!,i hope DC Comics does it's own role-playing game very soon.
September 05, 2023 09:41AM
September 18, 2023 11:06AM
I Want to see DC Comics initiate a conversation with a publishing company

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 33
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.