Crush versus Charge

Posted by nijineko 
Crush versus Charge
March 28, 2023 03:05PM
Unless I missed it in the Advanced rules, there does not seem to be a crushing mechanic?

Is that usually handled as a continuous Charge attack of a certain intensity? (which could be a valid method)

If so, is that official (book and page number, please), or is that just a common houserule?

If not, where does it mention a crushing mechanic? (book and page number, please.)
Re: Crush versus Charge
March 30, 2023 07:55AM
I can't think of one, though I would probably not make it based off of a charge since I'm not sure movement speed or Endurance is relevant unless you intend to make some sort of getting run over move. I think I would do a Strength intensity feat against the strength of the attack, with a success negating the damage and a failure dealing the damage again and beating the needed result by one color ending the attack.
April 01, 2023 04:40PM
Do you mean crushing as in a machine crushing someone or a continually applied crushing effect?

Grappling resolves to Crushing.

Crushing from a machine is an effect so it would be a readied attack or an effect to avoid with Agility or resist with Strength, surely.

www.faserip.com
May 20, 2023 05:14PM
The Real Time Traveller (R) has it, i think. Grappling damage.
May 22, 2023 02:43AM
I would agree with The Real Time Traveller. A continuously applied Strength of the machine applied every round to everything within the machine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 21
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.