Just a quick thank you to the guys who did the PDFs and the site for hosting them...

Posted by APN 
APN
Just a quick thank you to the guys who did the PDFs and the site for hosting them...
June 04, 2023 01:41AM
I print/bind my own books (I learned/am learning from an internet guide) and credit goes to the people who take the time to craft the files I print from. All I do is print it off and stick the book together!

Combined GM+players books in hardback format. Anyway, I'm on with the Basic Revised book now but figured I'd say thank you to the guys who put this stuff (and this site) together. Cheers!
Re: Just a quick thank you to the guys who did the PDFs and the site for hosting them...
June 04, 2023 05:43PM
Looks great! And I'd like to echo the thank you too. When I was a kid my dad had the basic book and I was always captivated by the strength pictures of Spider-Man tearing apart the phone book. It really got me into running games and I appreciate being able to find the books here. Thanks!
Re: Just a quick thank you to the guys who did the PDFs and the site for hosting them...
June 05, 2023 07:49AM
Credit goes to the The_SkyCutter, owner of the site. He financed the scanning of the PDFs to provide high-quality scans to all of us (donation link on the home page....hint...hint)

TAG did all of the scanning....and did a great job smiling smiley

I helped with OCRing them, but that part was very minor compared to their work and contributions.

September 21, 2023 02:32PM
My heartfelt thanks to all the crew behind keeping all the original material available - as well as the excellent new "unofficial" releases like the New Marvel Phile, Citrusville (Man-Thing) Sourcebook, SHIELD Sourcebook and so on. Gotta say - these are better than the original material ever was.
October 08, 2023 03:45PM
Keep in mind that some of those PDF have been altered and aren't labeled as such, with someone adding their mods to things under the guise of being the original canon. For example in the Ultimate Powers Book some of the powers and the costs for them have been altered from the original print books.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
October 09, 2023 08:55AM
Very true, Nightmask, but I think thanking people for hosting this stuff is fine. Even the mangled, early stuff.

Also, the linked UPB in "Advanced" downloads is an actual scan, not the "enhanced" version

October 10, 2023 03:06PM
barna10
Very true, Nightmask, but I think thanking people for hosting this stuff is fine. Even the mangled, early stuff.

Also, the linked UPB in "Advanced" downloads is an actual scan, not the "enhanced" version

Oh I quite understand that, just adding in the bit of caution about some of the scans not being 'pure' as it were. Although certainly the one project to produce new, higher quality scans years ago was a very praiseworthy thing.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
March 06, 2024 04:13AM
Any chance you could bind some of those for me?

What would something like that cost? I checked at my local Office Supply Store about making a spiral bound Ultimate Powers Book, and it was a bit insane!

What are the legalities of printing them for someone besides your own personal use?
APN
April 12, 2024 09:08AM
Just an update. I completed the Marvel project a month or two ago. Check out the Marvel Unofficial Canon Project Facebook group for more details ( I rarely check in or post on forums these days) and a link to the files.

It's not new - I took the text from Marvel Supers revised (1991) and added art/different layout

There are things that I might (and might still) have done different but it came out ok, all things considered

Art from all eras, just to celebrate this classic game and as an educational/nostalgia project. Pretty sure most people on here own a copy of the original.

It's the combined rules+campaign book all in one. Nothing changed or taken out/added, all as it was in 1991.
April 12, 2024 02:58PM
Wow, great work! Those books look very much awesome!
April 21, 2024 11:21PM
Um, any book that was scanned was unaltered. The only exception was the Jotunheim adventure for obvious reasons, and there was an added page of alternate colored rulers to the Advanced set. Everything else was untouched. There *may* have removed a UPC code here and there, if we are being pedantic. However, the UPB was untouched.

Now, anything that says it is a different edition, etc. is not from those scans. It's a good thing there are unaltered, full resolution scans in a few people's hands, as this site has optimized, lower resolution ones.

I haven't been on this forum in months, if not longer, and the first thing I run into is a Nightmask post.

Some things never change.

TAG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 40
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.