Challenge of the Super friends

Posted by Taarna 
Challenge of the Super friends
November 13, 2023 10:12AM
Does anyone remember this show? I thought it was excellent and deserves a thread of its own.

Looking back, I am surprised it only had 16 episodes. Because I am bored, here is my rank of the Hall of Justice members for least valuable member to MVP , using the show as a guideline. I will do the hall of Doom later.

Tier four.

11. Robin. Although he is voce by the legendary Casey Kasem, he is a useless hero, and has zero moments.

10. Aquaman. He was nearly useless in the show, though rather powerful today in the comics, so I'm told.

Tier three

9. Hawkman. A minor charter who was under used, he can fly but that is it.

8. Batman. In the show he is a fair combatant who has none of his genius or his better weapons.
Handicapped by having Robin by his side.

7. Apache Chief. He can grow up to 50 feet tall, and has his moments. A tad under used.

6 . Samurai. He can turn invisible and control the winds.

5. Black Vulcan. He has great power, but is probably used by the least of the heros.

Tier two.

4. Flash. His superspeed powers are unique.

3. Wonder woman. She keeps targeting the villain lady Cheetah in the show but Stands tall nonetheless.

Tier One

Green Lantern

His ring grants him the power of his mind. But it only has a 24 hour charge.

Super Man He stands alone as the Justice League's MVP and has but one weakness. Kryptonite.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
Re: Challenge of the Super friends
November 14, 2023 11:04AM
Wow - i vaguely remember that show.

How can someone watch those shows nowadays ( without paying too much ) ?

Is it on YOUTUBE or similar service?
November 15, 2023 06:26PM
G.A.W.
Wow - i vaguely remember that show.

How can someone watch those shows nowadays ( without paying too much ) ?

Is it on YOUTUBE or similar service?

Generally either pay for it or find some site that hosts old cartoons but technically shouldn't.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
November 17, 2023 04:38AM
The Legion of Doom, from the tv show

And their ranks of least powerful member to most powerful member.  

Tier 4

13.  The Riddler.  He doesn't help the Legion of Doom much.  Expect for giving the hero's clues.  Really the Joker would have been a better member.

12. Scarecrow.  An under used character  with fear gas that can create the ultimate fear.

11. Cheetah  Good speed and agility.

Tier 3

10. Black Manta.  He has super strength and some vehicles.

9 Captain Cold.   His freeze gun is an uber weapon. 

8. Toy Man.  His toys are very dangerous.

7. Giganta.  A 50 foot tall woman with super strength.

6. Gorilla Grodd. Super smart, and has good strength too.

Tier 2.

5.  Brianiac   An android has super smarts and access to lots of technology.

4.  Sinestro.  Has a yellow power ring which gives him the power of the mind. 

3. Solomon Grundy.  Has super strength and invulnerability.  Very reliable.  

Tier 1.

2.  Bizarro.  Has the same powers as Superman, but lacks his mind.

1.  Lex Luthor.  Evil genius, charismatic, and rich.   Has access to numerous weapons

The vocies of the legion are excellent. 

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
November 18, 2023 07:21PM
Youtube does have them but they are cut into 5 - 4:30 min segments. per episode - also seemingly uncut or edited
February 01, 2024 02:40PM
Been awhile... I have to see if i can hunt it down

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 54
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.