Kids love Super Hero RPG's!!!

Posted by G.A.W. 
Kids love Super Hero RPG's!!!
February 29, 2024 01:21AM
I've been volunteering at 2 local libraries DMing their Teen D&D Clubs these past 15 months. . The head of activities assistant librarian let me and my fellow DM volunteer we would have the Community room( much nicer ) for 2 weeks and requested we do something special.

I decided to switch from D&D to FASERIP MSH's. I had the maps and the adventure and passed out the 4 color charts and we were off.

From saving mind controlled victims jumping off the dock to taking on Blacklash, Hobgoblin and the Beetle in the streets to even discovering the villain known as the Purple Man was behind it --- The kids loved it. They picked up the basics and did well interacting with the NPC's.

I even saw some concern from a few kids not to spend too much Karma!- save some for the next fight.

You know , I really miss playing this game. We here at this site/community should really try and play more than we do ( if some are like me and don't play as often as we would like )

PS: I printed up a good amount of popular characters and let my 4 teens pick who they wanted.

Here was their team: Doctor Strange , She-Hulk, Spiderman and X-23 ( my resident Goth-girl loved her costume and claws )
Re: Kids love Super Hero RPG's!!!
February 29, 2024 02:18AM
Shame there's no way to +1 or Exalt this post because it is sheer awesomeness!

Dr. A.

... Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a muzzle flash.
February 29, 2024 07:38PM
The girl playing She-Hulk crushed the Beetle thru the bank into the alley on the other side. She got a kick out of rolling a natural Yellow Slam result.- So different from a d20 game they are used to.

And my teen Min-Maxer loved Playing Doctor Strange . Overall they may have been a little over-powered for this adventure until...

Purple Man - Everyone failed their mind control except Dr. Strange but as the cliffhanger he has to fight his friends...
Spiderman, X-23 and She-Hulk!!!!

. Veteran / old school gamers really should make an effort to run rpg games for teens other than 5e D&D ( even though it is practically a super hero rpg )

I feel it would be a great success.
March 03, 2024 12:38PM
Hero games are a thing and with all the movies there a want and a player base.

Keep up the good work
March 06, 2024 03:46AM
Great post. You're doing "The One Above All"'s work there, my friend!

I don't have the whole set of FASERIP any more (well, I don't think I ever had every book, but I had most). I do have the Player's Handbook and Judges Book. and at least two of the big Character Books. That's enough to get started, but I wish I could get ahold of a Ultimate Powers book. I suppose I could just us use the PDF from this site on my laptop, but I prefer Hard Copies.

Hmm...I think I'll look into perhaps running a game. We have a nice Game Store right down the street here, but putting a notice up at the Library is a good idea.
March 12, 2024 10:03AM
That's really cool, it's pretty awesome you got a good group of kids and they're enjoying it! Nice job!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 31
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.