When/Why did Iron Man stop...

Posted by Howlet 
When/Why did Iron Man stop...
March 18, 2024 03:14PM
Absorbing Energy?

It seems that in all the profiles I have found on Iron Man armors I noticed that after a certain point (Post Mk. 51) Iron Man's armors stop having the ability to absorb energy?

Is there an in-universe reason in the comics ever stated for him to stop using that power? Did they ever even acknowledge it?
Re: When/Why did Iron Man stop...
March 22, 2024 01:23AM
not that I can think of.

Marvel TSR game stats will sometimes be Inconsistent. With Ironman as a Technology -based character we ( my gaming group ) included many of his devices and abilities/powers into more modern Armors. Especially if it made sense like Image Generator oras you mentioned----

Energy Absorption...
March 24, 2024 01:26PM
So how would you suggest that be taken care of? Like by making a Reason or Resource FEAT roll Tony can use an ability from a previous suit in a newer suit? The logic being that Tony had such a weapon or system installed inside the armor the whole time and simply had no need to use it until now.

An example being maybe the Mark 9's Freon Spray inside the Mark 11?
March 26, 2024 01:25PM
Using the Weapons Locker accessory ( or any other "canon" materials - I would allow Tony Stark to automatically apply a tech item he built to be put on/in/merged with any other suit of armor without a roll. [www.angelfire.com]

Personally Modelled( or Canon/ established ) ) characters shouldn't have to roll for things we know they can do. - your call as Judge though.
-- We would not think twice for Peter Parker to make a new set of web shooters ( resource roll only ) if the old ones were broken.

Rolled up/ generated " new PC characters - that's a different story. A Reason Feat plus maybe a resource roll etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 29
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.