Old Style Marvel Roll Playing

Posted by Chiakung (aka Chi) 
Old Style Marvel Roll Playing
April 15, 2008 10:32AM
Hey all
Just a newb joining in on chat for a while. K so you all remember the set up for regular (non Ultimate Powers) Play?
Well I made a mutant with 10arms, extra attacks(as bonus power), invisibility, an Mental Control.
I rolled up a mystical origin, martial arts B, an Geology as talents.
I converted the invisibility an mental control over to magical spells, an got eldritch bolt/shield as a learned from Master. My question is would the Extra attacks give me 5 additional attacks with eldritch bolts? Thank you for the info, an plz feal free to comment
Re: Old Style Marvel Roll Playing
April 15, 2008 10:38AM
As far as I know, the Extra Attacks power only applies to Fighting FEATs.
April 15, 2008 11:11AM
Thanks for the info, i was never truely sure on that as a player, so only Physical attacks are equal to the Extra Attacks, an not like the power lightning speed(or hyper speed) that gives you more actions?
Again thanks an Make mine Marvel.
April 15, 2008 01:37PM
I'm in agreement with that.

The only way I can see you pulling something like that off, is with a magic that relies on hand and arm gestures. Even then, in my game you would have to Power Stunt each and every one of the Extra Attacks. Something like that would be a creative use of the relatively flexible magic rules from the Ultimate Powers Book.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
April 17, 2008 12:25PM
Just to let you know-I did use power stunts an came up with some awesome ways to use my majicks.....But I came across the Magic Tomes Player guides an to my dismay I was only able to cast 2 personal spells at a time. or 1 personal an 1 universal. An only 1 Dimensional within a said set of a time frame. So to my own cell I fell, bound, gagged, an unavailable to use my powers in the ways I was. But in my DM's eyes my Mutant powers of magic were not even considered to fall under any of the P/D/U types of magics, I have not played ChiaKung for a long while.............LoL came across alot of Tomes, scrolls, an even the Training of my Master, joined up with a Avengers type wannabe Team as their Master Mage an eventually was given the title of Sorcerer Supreme (due to the fact the Dr. Stephen Strange was using Chaos Magics at the time of the story line, but gave up the title when he came into favor with the Aggamotto again). Due to my choices to horor an defend Earth from invading forces that were hellbent on conquer an subjegation(sp?) of all humanity. So yah ty an glad to know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 25
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.