Jack (none) Reacher First Draft

Posted by Chronomancer 
Jack (none) Reacher First Draft
February 10, 2014 01:24PM
Name Jack - none- Reacher Major M. P. US Army Ret.

F Incredible (40)
A Excellent (20)
S Excellent (10)
E Remarkable (30)
R Excellent (20)
I Incredible (40)
P Incredible (40)

Health 100
Karma 100
Resources Gd
Popularity 0 /20 (Within military)

Born October 29 1960
Measurements 6'5", 220-250 lbs., 50" chest
Hair Dirty-blond
Eyes Ice Blue
Clothing 3XLT coat, 95 cm. pants' inseam

Family:
Maternal Grandfather: Laurent Moutier (Deceased 1974),
Father: Stan Reacher, (Deceased 1988),
Mother: Josephine Moutier Reacher (Deceased 1990),
Brother: Joe Reacher, (Deceased 1998),

Distinguishing marks: 3—4 inch thin white scar that intersects his shrapnel scar that he received during a knife fight He also has a scar on his chest from a .38 bullet, a tear drop burn scar from close range gunshot that crossed his chest at point blank range,and one on his arm where his brother struck him with a chisel in his youth.

Powers: Timesense: Excellent.
Not really a power per se, but Reacher has the uncanny ability to know what time it is, at any time of the day, without referring to a clock. He often uses his internal clock as an alarm, enabling him to wake up at any time he chooses. He sometimes uses his "human metronome" ability to countdown and calculate during time-related situations.

Talents:
Ballistics, Boxing, Brawling, Criminology, Detective, Forensics, Intelligrnce, Intimidate/Interrogate, Languages:English, French, Spanish, Law Enforcement, Marksmanship, M.A.: A, B, D, E, H, I, Math, Military, Quick Strike, Security, Stealth, Street Smarts, Survival, Weapons Master, Weapons Specilization: Rifles

History.

Jack Reacher is a former Major in the United States Army Military Police Corps. He was born on a military base in Berlin on 29 October 1960. A graduate of the US Military Academy at West Point, he served 13 years in the Military Police, during which time he became part of a fictional military police unit, the 110th Special Investigations Unit, formed to handle exceptionally tough cases, especially those involving members of the US Army Special Forces.

Though he was demoted from Major to Captain in the prequel novel The Enemy, he regained his rank by the time he mustered out in 1997. He received many military awards during his career, including the Silver Star, the Defense Superior Service Medal, the Legion of Merit, the Soldier's Medal, the Bronze Star, and a Purple Heart for wounds sustained in the bombing of the US Marine Corps barracks in Beirut in 1983.

Since leaving the Army, Reacher has been a drifter. He wanders throughout the US because he was accustomed to being told where to go, when to go and what to do for every day of his life from military childhood to military adulthood. He also felt he never got to know his own country, having spent much of his youth living overseas on military bases and at West Point. He usually travels by hitchhiking or bus. As a drifter, the only possessions he carries are money, a foldable toothbrush and, after 9/11, an expired passport and an ATM debit card.

Regular references are made to the fact that Reacher's given name is Jack, that it is not a nickname for John, and that he has no middle name. His military record officially refers to him as Jack (none) Reacher. From the time he was a boy, his family, even his mother, called him simply "Reacher", an affectation that has stayed with him, but was never given to his brother.

What he doesn’t have: A driver’s license, Federal benefits (doesn’t want them), tax returns (doesn’t do them; he hasn’t filed taxes since he left the Army).

Role playing notes: In 61 Hours, it is stated that an Army psychological study of reactions to fear in children showed him as having abnormally fast reflexes and aggression levels at the age of six. Reacher believes that this abnormal level of aggression at that age is due not to genetics (as the Army report suggested) but because he got tired of being frightened, and "trained [him]self out of it". Reacher is described as completely lacking "The remorse gene. It just wasn't there."

(much of the backgrond history was taqken from the Lee Childs website and Wikipedia as they wrote more succenctly thatn I could)

(Edited to more accurately reflect talents after looking at the ultimate talent book)

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2014 04:14PM by Chronomancer.
Re: Jack (none) Reacher First Draft
February 10, 2014 04:19PM
Well, you've gone and done it again Chrono. Another first rate write-up.

Nice work.
February 10, 2014 05:25PM
Thanks Outcast.

Jack is an interesting character that is for sure. He lives off the grid as much as possible, exploring the country of his birth that he never got to see or live in. Along his journeys he finds and gets into trouble by helping out others (usually female). He lives off his military pension and works when he feels his funds are low. In addition he "suppliments" his income by relieving people (usually thugs, drug dealers, and mafioso) who attack him of thier cash. He only thing he travela with is a foldable tooth brush, and his passport. He buys a new set of clothing every 3-4 days as to avoid doing laundry or carrying around "baggage". He is rated above excellent in small arms, rifles, and hand to hand combatt as well as being one of rhe military's top investigators, being able to solve crimes that other investigators (both civillian and military) are unable to solve

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
February 10, 2014 07:15PM
Made for a good movie.

Of course, I was drawn to it more for the female lead than Tom Cruise's portrayal of Reacher... cool smiley

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
February 10, 2014 09:14PM
Tom Cruise as Reacher... yeah... Thrud you are right the leading lady was awesome. Given a choice, i would have picked Chris Hemsworth as Jack. He's got the height and the size, and when pumped for his role as thor has around the right build. Plus as Snow White and the Huntsman has shown, he does intense pretty well too.

Both he wife and i had trouble seeing Cruise as Reacher. Suspension of belief only goes so far i guess...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2014 09:17PM by Chronomancer.
February 11, 2014 06:27AM
Nicely done.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 87
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.