Performer: Writer
Boxing

Powers:
None

Contacts:
Sable has contacts throughout the world, but chief among his contacts are:
Sonny Pratt
Eden Kendell: Sable's publisher and confidant
Myke Blackmon: Sable's on-again/Off-again girlfriend and illustrator.
Chief Winters: While an antagonistic relationship exists between Sable and Winters, it was shown to soften a bit (Shaman's Tears # 5) to the point that Winters probably is a contact.

Limitations:
Public ID: Sable maintains his identity publically as an adventurer for hire, and is well known for his activities.
Secret ID: HOWEVER B.B. Flemm, the writer of popular children's novels is not publically known as Sable, and Sable is very careful to maintain the public identity of the writer, purely for financial reasons (It was imagined that Sable's persona would tank sales).
Wanted: Sable has been wanted for murder at one time in Africa.

This is Jon Sable from the original First series and subsequent appearances. Sable is a cool customer, but is very human (Once sitting out of the comics for four months due to a gunshot). Mike Grell has often commented that Sable is a combination of Mike Hammer and James Bond, and it clearly has that feel.

Jack's MSH Blog: [jackolanternsmshblog.blogspot.com]

www.ProjectCrusaders.com
May 15, 2009 11:27AM
Always one of my favorite characters. Nice write up. I recommend reading the Novel about Jon by Mike Grell. I even got my Dad to read it. He enjoyed it. I never told him it was based on a comic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 31
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.