Jack's Zeroes: Captain Marvel (SPLITZAM!)

Posted by thejackolantern 
Jack's Zeroes: Captain Marvel (SPLITZAM!)
August 26, 2009 04:13AM
In honor of the great Charles Nelson Reilly write-up, it's time we reflect on those characters that are not as....well....cool....as some of the others.

It's time to look at Jack's Zeroes!

The first zero is a character who appeared for a total of five books in the mid-1960s, Captain Marvel. Not the famous Captain Marvel from Fawcett or the good Kree captain Mar-Vell, but an alien android sent from an advanced alien race to save humanity with a motley collection of powers. For more information, check the excellent informaiton at International Heroes

Captain Marvel

Alias Roger Winkle

F: Ex (20)
A: Ex (20)
S: Rm (30)
E: Am (50)
R: In (40)
I: Gd (10)
P: Gd (10)

Health: 120
Popularity: 10
Resources: Gd (10)

Talents:
Astrogation
Knowledge: Spacefaring Races
Knowledge: Earth Culture
Robotics
Repair/Tinkering
Profession: Teacher

Powers:
Robotic Contruct: Captain Marvel's powers include several unusual abilities:
Body Armor: Rm (30) Body Armor
Anatomical Seperation: By uttering the word "Split", Captain Marvel could seperate his body into component parts, down to specific digits. Captain Marvel could control these pieces seperately to attack seperate opponents. Marvel's power could be negated by placing glass around the body part in question.
Force Field: Captain Marvel has a Force Field, capable of deflecting bullets with Ex (20) ability.
Telepathy: Captain Marvel has Gd (10) Telepathy
Electro-Bolts: Captain Marvel can generate Ex (20) electrical shocks
Laser Bolts: Fired from his eyes, Captain Marvel can generate Rm (30) intensity
Costume Change: Captain Marvel can shift from his normal clothing to his costume instantly.

Contacts:
Unknown Alien Masters
Billy Baxton: Ward

Limitations:
Power Source: Captain Marvel is powered by an amulet comprised of Element X. If removed, Captain Marvel will operate for 1-10 rounds before shutting down and entering a hibernation state until the Amulet is restored.

Glass: If Captain Marvel's head is covered or blocked by glass, he loses control of his seperated parts.

Command Word: For Captain Marvel to seperate, he must say 'Split', and to reform he must say 'Xam'

I first came across this character in Jeff Rovin's "Encyclopedia of Super Heroes", and was underwhelmed. Now I'm sharing that feeling the finger smiley!
Re: Jack's Zeroes: Captain Marvel (SPLITZAM!)
August 26, 2009 04:20AM
I remember this guy from the encyclopedia of superheroes...

Curious, why is he one of your favorites?
August 26, 2009 04:23AM
He's not, I'm just launching a new listing for Jack's Zeroes, a few characters that are less than stellar.

My Jack's Heroes this week will be a surprise.
August 28, 2009 09:34PM
Interesting character. I can sort of see why he was left behind in the dust of history. Thank you for sharing him with us.
September 08, 2022 01:28PM
Have you ever seen "Girl-Bot" from AC Comics Fazers?
Possinly the late 80's's updated version of this "Capt. Marvel".
And yes, one of the other heroes is an updated version of
Hanna Barbara's "Coil-Man" from the "Impossibles"
His name is "Springer".

"Me fail English...That's unpossible."
- Ralph Wiggum
Attachments:
open | download - 1447357-faze_1_vol._2_picsc1.jpg (46.8 KB)
open | download - 23572-3691-26280-1-faze-one-fazers-1.jpg (60.7 KB)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 53
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.