Pseudo-Skrulls

Posted by Nightmask 
Pseudo-Skrulls
June 06, 2008 04:01PM
Just had a flash of memory reminding me that there was a deal a good ways back where the town that Reed Richards left those three Skrull spies from their earliest adventures turning into pseudo-skrulls as a result of exposure to the milk-like substance that they'd produced. The humans had developed shapeshifting powers and even gained skrull knowledge and thinking somehow and at the very end of the issue I believe they showed some of the milk on its way to a military base after the FF thought they'd destroyed it all. While I doubt any of that will show up in the recent Secret Invasion if they do think of it I'm curious what input they might have had into things, or in someone else's campaign for anyone who might have remembered them. Anyone else remember that event and got any ideas or thoughts about them?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Re: Pseudo-Skrulls
June 07, 2008 02:42AM
I've never heard of that I don't think. Or if I ever did I forgot about it. Sounds interesting, and would be wild if they included that in their Secret Invasion plot, although unlikely.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
June 08, 2008 04:00AM
The Pseudo-Skrul's were a John Byrne creation, sort of his version of [iInvasion of the Body Snatchers[/i]. Although the FF cured the folks of Kings Crossing, there was a "The End?" final panel showing the Skrull milk being sent to a nearby military base.

I think the 1995 Skrull Kill Krew may have killed everyone in Kings Crossing but since I did not collect that book, I can't tell you for sure.
Here's the writeup in 1987's Fantastic Four Compendium

------------------FFC------------------
KING’S CROSSING, NY
The area was the site where the FF first
fought the Skrulls. The four Skrull scouts
they defeated were hypnotically locked in
the shape of cows. There the “cows”
stayed for years as part of a local dairy
herd. The Skrulls were freed and reportedly
killed during the Kree-Skrull War.
During their years spent as cows, the
Skrulls produced a milk-like fluid that
was indistinguishable from real milk. The
Skrull “milk” contained Skrull genetic
material that invaded whoever drank it
and transformed them into Pseudo-
Skrulls. These beings retained their
human appearance but gained Shapeshifting
powers and the inherent Skrull
urge to conquer. Fortunately for Earth,
this drive was transformed into reclusiveness
and the urge to create greater
crops.
Sharon Selleck discovered the
Pseudo-Skrull invasion when her car
broke down near the town. Her allergy to
milk kept her human and enabled her to
detect the contamination.
When the FF came to Sharon’s rescue,
they also cured the people of the Skrull
virus. Note: it is unknown how much milk
was shipped away from King’s Crossing
and was therefore not affected by the FF’s
cure. Anyone drinking the milk will suffer
the same effects as the King’s Crossing
populace. It is also unknown whether the
recent energy pulse that stripped all Skrulls
of their Shapeshifting power also affected
any such Pseudo-Skrulls.

Pseudo-Skrulls
F GD (10) Health: 28
A TY (6)
S TY (6) Karma: 18
E TY (6)
R TY (6)
I TY (6)
P TY (6)

KNOWN POWERS:
Shapeshifting: Typical rank

RUNNING A PSEUDO-SKRULL: The
Pseudo-Skrulls are xenophobic but not
hostile. They will try to capture anyone
who suspects their secret and then force
them to drink the Skrull “milk.”

------------------FFC------------------

Hey, anyone remember whatever happened to Sharon Selleck? I liked her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 03:24AM by DavidEMartin.
June 11, 2008 09:23AM
I remember both that town and the skrullburger-eating SKK, and hope that at least reference to one or the other is made in the "Secret Invsion" arc.
June 13, 2008 01:15PM
Any idea what the statistics on this "milk" would be?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
June 13, 2008 06:35PM
Stats for Skrull milk? Isn't that like asking for stats on cosmic rays, or irradiated spider venom?
June 13, 2008 08:42PM
Pretty much, yeah. I'm just wondering what the differences were between the people before exposure and after. It should be relatively easy for someone who read the comic to concoct some sort of statistical effect for it.

Same goes with irradiated spiders. cool smiley

And it wasn't so much a stat request as it was making conversation about a comic which I have not read.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
June 13, 2008 09:07PM
Well if you look at the material David Reposted it gives you an idea what the typical human affected by the 'milk' is like, including what power that they get and it tends to exaggerated personalty traits of a certain nature, like making a small town more xenophobic and driven to keep out or convert outsiders. However like tends to happen in such events everyone when cured is perfectly healthy and haven't aged a day while under the influence.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 15
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.