Peek Alien Stats

Posted by StrykerSigma 
Peek Alien Stats
October 19, 2008 10:25AM
We all know what the typical and peel stats for a human are. But what about alien races that have better starting stats? For example the shiar and kree? can anyone tell me what the peek for both races would be?
Re: Peek Alien Stats
October 19, 2008 11:45AM
I was thinking that a quick and easy way to determine this was to simply take your typical human stats, compared to your typical alien, and then adding the difference onto the peak human.... but that got really absurd really fast as I began to work it out for the Shi'ar.

In fact, there are so many variables to be taken into account from attribute to attribute and from race to race that there probably is no quick and easy answer to this one.

But let's try the Shi'ar

Figthing - while I'm sure that in the long history of their culture they have evolved some interesting martial talents, have we ever seen them put to use a la a human fighter the calibre of Captain America? I think humanities infinite potential gives us an edge here, such that, while your average Shi'ar might have an edge on your average human, their best isn't quite up to par with our best. Thus, I wouldn't give them more than an Incredible max.

Agility - the Shi'ar evovled from avians and have always struck me as very graceful and thus coordinated, as the average Shi'ar is a rank higher than your average human, I wouldn't find it absurd to cap their Agility max at Amazing... a cut above max. human and en pare with Spidey or Nightcrawler.

Strength - considering the large gulf that separates Rm and In, coupled with the fact that the Shi'ar evolved from avians and seem so graceful and delicate, I don't see this stat getting any higher than Rm. Some are low end Rm, some are high end Rm, but Shi'ar Strength max's at Rm.

Endurance - most difficult to estimate as the stat is a combo of toughness and stamina, and the physical types that exemplify these qualities in humans stand in stark contrast to each other. A 115 lbs world class marathon runner and a 285 lbs pro.wrestler could conceivably share the same Endurance rank!!! The avain heritage might suggest a lighter structure, as with Angel and the hollow bones he originally(?) had, and thus greater stamina, but also a structure that just isn't as quite a tough as it could be if it's bones, whatever they're made of, were not hollow. Im thinking, maybe peak human, Incredible, as the max for Shi'ar as well.

So that yields peak Shi'ar FASE stats of...

F - Incredible
A - Amazing
S - Remarkable
E - Incredible

As for RIP...

Reason - as the preeminent race of an intergalactic empire their best and brightest likely rival Reed Richards, so Amazing max.

Intuition - their vision may or may not be somewhat sharper or have better peripheral, but it doesn't extend into the superhuman like Prof. X or Spidey's 6th sense, so Incredible max.

Psyche - no reason to think a Shi'ar could not have an indomitable will, but no more reason to think that a non-psychic/non-mystic would higher anymore than a human. Max. Amazing.

R - Amazing
I - Incredible
P - Amazing
October 19, 2008 12:16PM
that sounds pretty good for the shiar, but what about like the kree who had to adapt and evolve to combat the higher gravity on thier world?
October 19, 2008 02:04PM
The Kree... hmmm.... maybe something like....

F - In
A - In
S - In (low end)
E - Am
R - In
I - In
P - In

I assume that the greater gravity increases their ultimate strength potential and natural toughness/stamina, but that their militancy, reliance on the Supreme Intelligence, and evolutionary bankruptcy limits their creativity and hampers their sense of will. I chose Incredible Reason rather than Amazing becasue it places the advancement of their interstellar tech. level out of reach, ie. impossible even on a Red FEAT.
October 19, 2008 02:44PM
A good point plus the Kree are running on stolen technology anyway (Remember they were savage primitives until they hijacked that Skrull ship) and didn't reach their level of technology independently. They haven't pushed up a lot of tech on their own.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
October 19, 2008 04:45PM
Yeah, not only did they get all of their ground-laying technological ideas from the Skrulls, but they then went on to create the Supreme Intelligence to do their thinking for them! They by-passed the entire process of inspiration and discovery that carried the Skrulls from the low-end of the Stone Age to the "Stardrive Age", completely! That just reeks of creative sterility and intellectual laziness on a broad, culturally ingrained level if nothing else. They never had to wonder. They never had to test. They never had to adapt. Not the same way us Humans or the Skrulls or the Shi'ar did. Even the test imposed by the Skrulls on the Blue and Pink Kree reveal a lack of creative thinking by the Blue Kree... who built a city in the Blue Area of the Moon rather than the more problematic garden of their counterparts!

Nevertheless, the Kree primates were possessed of enough fundamental rational intelligence to receive the teachings of an advanced interstellar culture, to understand and replicate the most advanced technologies of that civilization, eg. stardrive, and then to utilize those technologies to carve out an intergalactic empire of their own. Furthermore, for all of the crutch the Supreme Intelligence might be, the Kree were capable of enough creative genius to build not only it, but the Inhumans as well!

So, their ability to process information, and apply it within a conventional context seems to be as good as any other intelligent races. Their ability to apply that knowledge in new and interesting ways, or to address unprecedented problems on the other, seems like it should be somewhat lacking.
October 19, 2008 05:19PM
Well it was revealed that the Intelligence Supreme was created originally to make a Cosmic Cube for the Kree like the one that the Skrulls created but it refused and from there used its vast intelligence to slowly take over ruling the Kree race. They didn't build it for that purpose originally, but they did still suffer from a problem of being creative and vital and have a rigid, unimaginative upbringing that only rare individuals like Mar-Vell have overcome.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
October 19, 2008 07:18PM
that looks to be right ty very much. i always fet wondering about certian things and im happy for the help
October 19, 2008 07:38PM
don't you think this topic should be in the "Discussion" main group ? smiling smiley
October 19, 2008 10:09PM
I moved it here because it's technically a statistics request for canon races.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
October 19, 2008 10:18PM
oo-kay, i've just asked smiling smiley

Dae

The Last Duskblade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I moved it here because it's technically a
> statistics request for canon races.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.