My Past Few Characters

Posted by Koltreg 
My Past Few Characters
January 08, 2015 12:24PM
I've run a few campaigns for and with friends and a few times I updated characters as needed.

Red She Hulk
Thunderbolts Era Ghost
Super Skrull (Kl'rt) Modern Age
I also may have some others but I need to check my notes. I have Vector and a few other weird ones.

I also made an adventure and posted it to my site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2015 10:41AM by The_Skycutter.
Re: My Past Few Characters
January 08, 2015 07:25PM
Yikes. The Super Skrull can use multiple powers now?
January 09, 2015 04:19AM
Yep. He is the current leader of the Skrulls and they got back their transformation powers. When I ran the Cosmos Cubed campaign I ended up time warping a few characters so Rocket, Groot, Captain Marvel and Super Skrull would be at better power levels to fight. Captain Marvel (the Carol Danvers one) ended up grabbing the Cosmic Cube and using it thanks to her Kree DNA. It was a strange campaign.

Also in the Avengers campaign that I linked I also have the X-men and Avengers Super-Skrulls as well as a few plain Skrull copies.
January 09, 2015 07:22AM
airedale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yikes. The Super Skrull can use multiple powers
> now?

As far as I can recall, he's always been able to do that. Its what set him apart from some other super skrull wannabes (like Xavin of the Runaways or the Skrulltastic Four in the zombieverse when Black Panther/Storm FF from Earth-616 wound up there and each of those skrulls had the powers of one of the FF members). I don't remember if Paibok the Power Skrull could use more than one or not. More recent incarnations (that is, during the Secret Invasion storyline) could use multiple powers at once.

Koltreg Wrote:
> Also in the Avengers campaign that I linked I
> also have the X-men and Avengers Super-Skrulls as
> well as a few plain Skrull copies.

Again referring back to the aforementioned Secret Invasion storyline, the small army of super skrulls had the powers of multiple heroes (usually two or three) along with appropriate equipment. They looked pretty freaky when they skrulled out with the disguise-dropping, and it was like a puzzle to try and figure out based on their appearances whose powers some of them had.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
January 09, 2015 08:26AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> airedale Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yikes. The Super Skrull can use multiple powers
> > now?
>
> As far as I can recall, he's always been able to
> do that. Its what set him apart from some other
> super skrull wannabes (like Xavin of the Runaways
> or the Skrulltastic Four in the zombieverse when
> Black Panther/Storm FF from Earth-616 wound up
> there and each of those skrulls had the powers of
> one of the FF members). I don't remember if
> Paibok the Power Skrull could use more than one or
> not. More recent incarnations (that is, during
> the Secret Invasion storyline) could use multiple
> powers at once.
>

Paibok did have extra powers but they were specifically made for him from nothing in particular.
January 09, 2015 11:51AM
Koltreg Wrote:
> Paibok did have extra powers but they were
> specifically made for him from nothing in
> particular.

Right, right. smiling bouncing smiley But he was never limited to only one power at a time, right? He was a "new breed" of super skrull, and they probably locked down the formula as it were for making fully functional super skrulls.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
January 09, 2015 11:56AM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
> Koltreg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Paibok did have extra powers but they were
> > specifically made for him from nothing in
> > particular.
>
>
> Right, right. smiling bouncing smiley But he was never limited to
> only one power at a time, right? He was a "new
> breed" of super skrull, and they probably locked
> down the formula as it were for making fully
> functional super skrulls.

Of, you mean only able to actively use one power at a time? I forgot that was a thing. It is weird reading older comics and remembering how powerful people are currently.
January 10, 2015 03:47PM
airedale Wrote:
> Yikes. The Super Skrull can use multiple powers
> now?

He always could, although from what I remember of his handbook write-up from the 80s (not his gamer write-up we got) he had no limitation on how many he could use at a time beyond the general 'okay so can I manage to concentrate on keeping on fire, tossing firebolts, maintain a force field on X and crush someone while wrapped around them with my plasticity'. He also eventually reached the point he no longer needed broadcast power to run his powers on but could still get a boost from it if he had someone to provide it to him.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
July 01, 2016 11:29AM
Would you mind sharing those other (super) skrull characters? The link didn't work for me. Thanks!
December 24, 2016 04:59AM
Ah yeah sorry, the site goes down frequently because of a faulty Wordpress issue. It's currently working.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 3
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.