Looking for stats for Marvel Zombies

Posted by DJPindaddy 
Looking for stats for Marvel Zombies
January 25, 2018 05:28PM
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a template for when a Marvel character is turned into a zombie (ala Marvel Zombies). What do you think the pros and cons would be in becoming a zombie? Increased strength? Decreased agility? Would there be some characters that could resist the infection and if so, how?
Re: Looking for stats for Marvel Zombies
January 25, 2018 06:02PM
DJPindaddy
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a template for when a Marvel character is turned into a zombie (ala Marvel Zombies). What do you think the pros and cons would be in becoming a zombie? Increased strength? Decreased agility? Would there be some characters that could resist the infection and if so, how?

Lucky for you I now where you can find such a thing. See Major Tom Sawyer's Ultimate Origins Book

Gaming Nerds "R" Us

One world of adventure is never enough.
January 26, 2018 06:23AM
From what I can tell from the comic, stats largely stay the same, but the character afflicted can't be killed.

No one can resist the infection, even if they have Class 1000 invulnerability to disease. You see characters like Thor and Juggernaut who fall to the infection, so I would think no one is immune. It's one of the reasons I don't care for the story, to be honest.

January 26, 2018 10:59AM
One of the things about it that bothered me was how Reed Richards gave up on fighting because he thought it was some kind of evolutionary step up and allowed the rest of his team to be infected. They were less than pleased with his decision without checking with them, and they destroyed him. Also didn't like how eating Silver Surfer seemed to bestow some of his power cosmic on the zombies, which they then used to attack and eat Galactus, gaining his power as well... but no one else with powers that was eaten seemed to convey a transfer of powers.

Just seems like bad writing all around in those stories.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
January 26, 2018 02:38PM
Here is a Zombies PDF.

There is also a Grendel Virus write up floating around somewhere but I can't recall where it was located at.

One world of adventure is never enough.
Attachments:
open | download - ZOMBIES.pdf (1.23 MB)
January 26, 2018 05:55PM
Thrudjelmer
One of the things about it that bothered me was how Reed Richards gave up on fighting because he thought it was some kind of evolutionary step up and allowed the rest of his team to be infected. They were less than pleased with his decision without checking with them, and they destroyed him. Also didn't like how eating Silver Surfer seemed to bestow some of his power cosmic on the zombies, which they then used to attack and eat Galactus, gaining his power as well... but no one else with powers that was eaten seemed to convey a transfer of powers.

Just seems like bad writing all around in those stories.

Zombie stories generally are, but it was especially bad for the Marvel zombies stuff. You had a magical super-virus that affected everyone and everything no matter what its powers and how they should have been rendered immune to it or able to even cure it. The 'we can eat cosmic beings and steal their powers' was just part and parcel with the bad writing in general.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
October 08, 2019 12:44PM
Ty States reposted this from the old Forum - It's my write-up on the MSH zombie plague:

[www.classicmarvelforever.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 10
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.