Ben Reily's down?

Posted by the_hammer 
Ben Reily's down?
July 28, 2019 06:01PM
I had a question on a character that I knew had been statted up by Ben and when I tried to go to his site-I kept getting messages
from Angelfire that it was gone.

Is anyone else having this problem or know what is up?

Reinhardt: Ahh, you kids today with your techno music! You should enjoy the classics, like Hasselhoff!
Lúcio: I can’t even take you seriously right now.
Re: Ben Reily's down?
July 29, 2019 09:00AM
It has been going in and out. There have been times when I have editing and it crashes on me. It comes back eventually.

"Hey, it's Waffle Time! It's Waffle Time! Won't you have some waffles of mine!"
August 13, 2019 05:57PM
Yeah it's completely gone tonight. I had been having trouble getting it to load for the past few days.
August 14, 2019 08:10AM
Maybe it's up and down to fix various problems?

Like how many pages are so difficult to read... case in point:

I get that he does different colors for the pages based on the character's colors (although, that can often enough be subjective). However, dark background should get light colored text for best contrast. It seems like half the time that I go to Ben Reily's site for reference, I have to hit CTRL+A to select everything on the page so the text is highlighted as above. If that's "working as intended," then the intent is at fault. And if it's a side effect of aesthetic choices, then the choices themselves are bad.

Also various power descriptions could use a lot of editing. In the case of Thor above, Thor has listed "Asgardian Physiology" as a power that states his "very body gives him the following abilities," followed by several bullet points with his actual powers listed as if they were all power stunts off of his physiology. This format alone drives me nuts, however among these abilities is Thor's Illusion Detection (+1CS to detect illusions). This definitely is not an Asgardian Physiology power. This is a trained ability that Thor has gained over a lengthy period of association with the God of Mischief and learning from all the illusions Loki has used against him.

Additionally, and I hate to even justify this version of Thor by acknowledging stuff like this, but his "Gold Uru Prosthetic Arm" description seems pointless. It is listed as having Unearthly material strength --which is useful info, but how can that be Uru when we know that metal to be in the CL1000 or higher material strength range? It also states that it increases Strength to Unearthly and decreases Fighting to Amazing for using his off hand. Thor has Unearthly Strength, even in this version as written up, so it is not "increasing" his Strength at all. As for decreased Fighting, if that's a standard off-hand penalty of -2CS I would like to know where it came from. I didn't see reference to it in the Advanced Set Player's or Judge's books. But even if it is in the rules and I missed it, then it's a standard penalty and didn't need reiterating for this particular prosthetic arm. The only description Thor's prosthetic arm really needs is "Unearthly material strength prosthetic that allows Thor to function as if he still had two arms."

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
August 15, 2019 12:49PM
So, things have been difficult due to recent events in my life and I have been as on-hands with the side as I should be. I read your notes and working on changing the background to make it more visible. The thing is with all the stats I have on my site, I'm not sure what needs to be changed. It's best if you message me to help me out with what other changes I could make. I am happy to take any suggestions. Thanks!

"Hey, it's Waffle Time! It's Waffle Time! Won't you have some waffles of mine!"
August 17, 2019 06:36AM
Honestly, I think you should scrap the format you have and change every page. Either go with all white with black text or all black with white text. If you want to keep colors of the characters featured for aesthetics, I'd recommend limiting it to the character name / page title. Maybe do a bar at the top of the page similar to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe style.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
August 17, 2019 06:43AM
Yeah, get some headers and stuff and use css to change them to have a theme. If you want to change the background colors, make it something that's actually pleasing to look at.

#JubileeIsTheBest
August 21, 2019 03:28PM
My question is does the Destroyer arm offer any tangible benefits or upgrade over the previous Uru arms other than possibly being more durable? Like is it out of the question for it to offer a damage bonus in slugfest or wrestling attacks?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.