The game tunnnels and trolls?

Posted by Taarna 
The game tunnnels and trolls?
October 08, 2022 01:46AM
Is it any good? How does the feature called luck factor in? And the races , the Leprechaun is interesting. He is the smallest and weakest but is prone to magic, can teleport and has and usually high luck rating? A cross between dungeons and dragons and lord of the rings? I have never played this 70s RPG.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
Re: The game tunnnels and trolls?
December 23, 2022 03:20PM
The 3rd oldest rpg ever. I heard it has a bit of lightheartedness/ tongue and cheek elements to it.

D6 dice pools mechanics.

Never got it or played. A shame , the fans of T&T love it.
December 23, 2022 10:17PM
I ran a T&T campaign for many years. It is much more silly than most D&D, in terms of puns for spell names, lots of quirky dungeons and traps, and a chaotic assortment of solitaire adventures, monster books and modules. For some people that and the dice mechanics - d6 but you add and roll again on doubles - puts them off from playing it. The classes are pure California science fiction writer circa 1973 - Wizard (psionic spell caster), Warrior (NO magic other than items), Rogue (can use magic but in theory not as well as a Wizard, can fight but in theory not as well as a Warrior) and Warrior-Wizard (full powers of both Wizard and Warrior).

One thing that very much put me off is the almost suicidal bad business practices of the IP owners - bringing out new rules versions no one asked for, and so on. That's over now so there is a large range of classic and "deluxe 6th edition" stuff. But it's no longer owned by its creator Ken St Andre. He still owns Monsters! Monsters! though, which is T&T from the point of view of the monster races....
December 27, 2022 08:31PM
As long as St. Andrea will be remembered as one of the godfathers of tabletop gaming I will be happy.

he innovated the solo play style for rpg's for T&T too.

{ although Edward Packard ) still published a proto choose your own adventure book called Sugarcane Island !!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 54
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.