The game tunnnels and trolls?

Posted by Taarna 
The game tunnnels and trolls?
October 08, 2022 01:46AM
Is it any good? How does the feature called luck factor in? And the races , the Leprechaun is interesting. He is the smallest and weakest but is prone to magic, can teleport and has and usually high luck rating? A cross between dungeons and dragons and lord of the rings? I have never played this 70s RPG.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."
Re: The game tunnnels and trolls?
December 23, 2022 03:20PM
The 3rd oldest rpg ever. I heard it has a bit of lightheartedness/ tongue and cheek elements to it.

D6 dice pools mechanics.

Never got it or played. A shame , the fans of T&T love it.
December 23, 2022 10:17PM
I ran a T&T campaign for many years. It is much more silly than most D&D, in terms of puns for spell names, lots of quirky dungeons and traps, and a chaotic assortment of solitaire adventures, monster books and modules. For some people that and the dice mechanics - d6 but you add and roll again on doubles - puts them off from playing it. The classes are pure California science fiction writer circa 1973 - Wizard (psionic spell caster), Warrior (NO magic other than items), Rogue (can use magic but in theory not as well as a Wizard, can fight but in theory not as well as a Warrior) and Warrior-Wizard (full powers of both Wizard and Warrior).

One thing that very much put me off is the almost suicidal bad business practices of the IP owners - bringing out new rules versions no one asked for, and so on. That's over now so there is a large range of classic and "deluxe 6th edition" stuff. But it's no longer owned by its creator Ken St Andre. He still owns Monsters! Monsters! though, which is T&T from the point of view of the monster races....
December 27, 2022 08:31PM
As long as St. Andrea will be remembered as one of the godfathers of tabletop gaming I will be happy.

he innovated the solo play style for rpg's for T&T too.

{ although Edward Packard ) still published a proto choose your own adventure book called Sugarcane Island !!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

wildguy (6:04)
Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 9
Record Number of Heroes Online: 6 on January 11, 2016
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.