Shanna the She-Devil (Frank Cho version)?

Posted by Descartes Demon 
Shanna the She-Devil (Frank Cho version)?
January 27, 2023 03:20PM
Does anyone know if there are game stats/write-up for Shanna the She-Devil - the Frank Cho version from 2005, not the standard Marvel version. There are substantial differences between the two characters, despite the Cho version's appearance being used interchangeably with the mainstream one.

The mainstream version of Shanna (née Shanna O'Hara) is a former veterinarian and adventurer, married to Ka-Zar and living in the Savage Land. I’ve seen stats for her on this site and in the GHotMU Volume 4. Similar stats are given for her in the Omniverse Classic Edition Gamer’s Handbook. Though the entry uses the Frank Cho imagery, the character described there is definitely not the Cho take on the character. Shanna O’Hara, for instance, is a redhead. Cho Shanna is a blond.

The Frank Cho version of Shanna is the result of some Nazi genetic experiment, who’s DNA has been tweaked to human perfection and a bit beyond. She’s found in an incubation tube in an abandoned laboratory on a mysterious island by a marooned military unit. The men decide to call her Shanna because of her “resemblance to the comic book character”. This one is described as having the strength of “at least 12 men” and can break a Velociraptor’s neck with her bare hands.

To be fair, I’m not sure the Cho version exists in the 616 universe. In fact, she almost seems to be a precursor to Jungle Girl, since the two look nearly the same and operate under similar circumstances. Any thoughts or suggestions? If there are no stats for the Cho version, I may do some research and come up with my own take – which I’ll post here for folks to check out.
Re: Shanna the She-Devil (Frank Cho version)?
January 27, 2023 03:41PM
Good evening, Descartes!

If any of the UCP people are reading, I'd be all for a MarvelPhile that included not only the Marvel Knights/Frank Cho version of Shanna, but the alternate Phantom Eagle and tribe of Amazons from the Garth Ennis-penned Where Monsters Dwell (2015) [which I think was a Secret Wars book as well as a sequel to Ennis' War is Hell]. The characters seemed to exist in similar storyworlds, those being dinosaur-infested landscapes never identified as the Savage Land and including formidible women. Oh, and ties to WWII.

Whadda ya say?
Re: Shanna the She-Devil (Frank Cho version)?
March 01, 2023 03:36PM
Silver_SamOnRye
Good evening, Descartes!

If any of the UCP people are reading, I'd be all for a MarvelPhile that included not only the Marvel Knights/Frank Cho version of Shanna, but the alternate Phantom Eagle and tribe of Amazons from the Garth Ennis-penned Where Monsters Dwell (2015) [which I think was a Secret Wars book as well as a sequel to Ennis' War is Hell]. The characters seemed to exist in similar storyworlds, those being dinosaur-infested landscapes never identified as the Savage Land and including formidible women. Oh, and ties to WWII.

Whadda ya say?

Interesting idea! There had been some rumbles of a location sourcebook detailing the Savage Lands. If anyone is interested in taking this on, or even just writing a Phile covering your ideas, we'd be happy to do the layout and stuff to get it out the clamoring audience!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 31
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.