My Marvel Map of The Flatiron District

Posted by Wendell_Burke 
My Marvel Map of The Flatiron District
December 09, 2016 07:20AM
Hey there,
So I've been working on this map for a long while now, little by little, and it's of the Flatiron District in NY. I'm pulling a lot of ideas for stores, businesses and buildings off of google maps, but some of them are a little too banal, and I'm looking for places that would be fitting for this area, but also fun or interesting to encounter during a game! I'd welcome suggestions! Preferably with a little flavor.
Re: My Marvel Map of The Flatiron District
December 09, 2016 11:44PM
Wikipedia
As of the 2000s, many publishers have their offices in the district, as well as advertising agencies, and the number of computer- and Web-related start-up companies in the area caused it to be considered part of "Silicon Alley" or "Multimedia Gulch", along with TriBeCa and SoHo.

Attractions in the area include the Museum of Sex and the Gershwin Hotel, both located on 27th Street.

Chelsea Clinton, the daughter of U.S. President Bill Clinton and First Lady Hillary Clinton, as well as her husband Marc Mezvinsky and their children, moved to the Flatiron District in 2016.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
December 10, 2016 02:59AM
Hey, yep, the wiki page for the area is one of the many tabs I keep open while working. I did forget about the museum of sex. I'll have to check the location though I thought it a bit tawdry for a Marvel game. The silicon alley stuff, of course. That's great stuff. I've got a handful of those locations in as well stuff representing the old toy manufacturers and some popular shopping places.
December 10, 2016 05:12AM
Marvel has had it's share of tawdry over the years.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 11
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.