I made a Spider-Woman foldup. And I have questions.

Posted by storydove 
I made a Spider-Woman foldup. And I have questions.
April 06, 2017 01:04PM
Not sure if this is the right section to post it. If it's not could a mod could move it to the right one thanks.

And now for the questions. What cardstock would be best to print it on to have it as close to the originals? Also what type of printer would achieve the best results? Any other advice is welcome.
Re: I made a Spider-Woman foldup. And I have questions.
April 08, 2017 09:22AM
I wasn't totally pleased with the center panel, so I repeated the first
April 08, 2017 11:29PM
I can't offer any advice for your printing medium, but I would like to say I think you did a very decent job at making the foldup.

One world of adventure is never enough.
April 09, 2017 04:23AM
Necromancer
I think you did a very decent job at making the foldup.

Quite. Very nicely done. Would love to see more... or was this a one off because you needed a good Spider-Woman foldup?

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
April 10, 2017 12:29PM
Thank you both. Depending on freetime I will make some more. However I'm no artist, so it really depends on what I can scrounge from image sites and blogs, the great thing being that there are a myriad of them now. For example Spider-Woman came from this: [i.imgur.com]

And I've always wanted her in the game as a fold-up, I was a fan of cartoon when I was a kid, she's still one of my fave heroes, that's why she was first. I was planning on doing someone like Firestar next. Then maybe a few of the newer additions to the marvel universe. Ideally I would like to have a whole sheet of extra foldups created, but that is a long way off. So if there are any requests, I will do my best.

Regarding the printing, I'll experiment when I have a good lot of them, seems like it will be a simple enough hurdle when the time comes.
April 10, 2017 12:42PM
storydove
Thank you both. Depending on freetime I will make some more. However I'm no artist, so it really depends on what I can scrounge from image sites and blogs, the great thing being that there are a myriad of them now. For example Spider-Woman came from this: [i.imgur.com]

And I've always wanted her in the game as a fold-up, I was a fan of cartoon when I was a kid, she's still one of my fave heroes, that's why she was first. I was planning on doing someone like Firestar next. Then maybe a few of the newer additions to the marvel universe. Ideally I would like to have a whole sheet of extra foldups created, but that is a long way off. So if there are any requests, I will do my best.

Regarding the printing, I'll experiment when I have a good lot of them, seems like it will be a simple enough hurdle when the time comes.

I clip art all the time as well, I have a folder featuring the paintings of every late 1980's and early 1990' s Heavy Metal magazine covers among others, tons of fantasy, sci-fi, etc. I have recently started to build a folder for art from the 1920's and 1930's to have a resource to build Call of Cthulhu 5th edition games from.

Having given your printing medium some thought, maybe try the heaviest bond of glossy photo quality paper you can pick up at your local Wal-Mart. I assume you will use a ink jet printer.

April 14, 2017 09:11AM
I love Cthulhu, I'm pretty amazed that even to this day there has never been a big budget movie set in that universe. And thank you for the suggestion for the paper. My old printer is on the way out, I was planning on getting a new one around summertime. So will do experiments then.

Also I completed Gypsymoth.

I was thinking of having a go at some Inhumans. And the Serpent Society might be challenging but fun.
April 15, 2017 11:30AM
storydove
I love Cthulhu, I'm pretty amazed that even to this day there has never been a big budget movie set in that universe. And thank you for the suggestion for the paper. My old printer is on the way out, I was planning on getting a new one around summertime. So will do experiments then.

Also I completed Gypsymoth.

I was thinking of having a go at some Inhumans. And the Serpent Society might be challenging but fun.

Again, very nice work, I believe that you may be a bit more talented then what you are admitting too.

April 16, 2017 06:40AM
Necromancer
Again, very nice work, I believe that you may be a bit more talented then what you are admitting too.

Agreed.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 3
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.