Broken links thread

Posted by Dr. X 
Broken links thread
February 05, 2009 03:53PM
First of all, thanks for getting the site back up. You folks are doing God's work maintaining the site.

Second, I thought it might be helpful to the maintainers of this site if there were a place to catalog problems with links, so I'm starting such a thread. I hope this is useful to you. If this isn't helpful, or if there's a better place to do this, please let me know.

I noticed the following links are broken from the cast_list/mystics.htm page:

Baron Mordo
Brother Voodoo

These pages exist, it's just that the links on the mystics page are malformed.

Also, the links that Sphider generates when you search from the mainpage all refer to the old domain.

Thanks again for your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.

--Dr. X
Re: Broken links thread
February 06, 2009 03:29AM
Dr. X --

Speaking of "greatly appreciated," we greatly appreciate you taking the time to start this thread and inform us of issues with the site, and its links.

The two malformed links that you mentioned have been fixed, and I examined all the other links on that page, and the rest are okay.

As far as the search on the front page, I didn't realize it still had issues. Thanks to you reporting them, those issues have been taken care of. Not only that, but I'm re-indexing the entire site to get rid of all the links referring to classicmarvel.com. Believe me, there were a ton of them. I considered having the search on the front page index the forum as well (right now, it's forbidden), but because the forum has its own search, I decided it would be redundant. However, if anyone really wants to be able to search forum items from the front page of the site, you can make the request here.

Dr. X, thanks again for your vigilance, and for taking the time to show us your gratitude. We appreciate your contribution to the community!

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
February 06, 2009 04:42AM
While spidering, I noticed that all of the links on [www.classicmarvelforever.com] were broken. Those are now working also.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
February 21, 2009 11:37PM
Fantastic Job Kevin and Thanks to Dr. X for bringing the broken links to our attention! I hope that everyone is enjoying the site, it is all about keeping the game alive! smoking smiley

The Skycutter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 23
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.