Broken Chat

Posted by DorkLord 
Broken Chat
February 20, 2009 02:30PM
Just so I know I'm not the only one... is the chat down for everyone else as well?
Re: Broken Chat
February 20, 2009 03:48PM
I'm currently in the Chat. Took me like 4 tries to get into it earlier tho. I got a blank type box, so I had to exit and try logging into the chat again, as Refresh wasn't accomplishing anything.
February 20, 2009 03:59PM
I'm getting the same problem. Have tried it in two different browsers (IE 7 and Firefox 3.x) and I get the blank chatbox.
I also cleared cache and cookies, as well. Same issue... Running Vista Home Premium SP1 for my OS, with all the
latest patches versions of Flash and Java.

Best regards,

Niniri

February 20, 2009 09:53PM
I have tried a total of 16 times to get into the chat, all have failed.
February 21, 2009 04:13AM
I had a problem Early Friday morning... Couldn't get on for several hours...

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
February 21, 2009 07:59AM
I made it in last night, but haven't been able to today.

February 21, 2009 10:16AM
I'm still not able to get in....

Cheers,

Niniri

February 21, 2009 12:35PM
I've been having the same issues the last few days as well.
February 21, 2009 08:42PM
::wipes sweat from brow::

Okay... chat's down for me too. I'm glad I'm not the only one, but upset that we're all suffering. smiling smiley

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
February 21, 2009 11:17PM
not only broken chat, but over the past couple days, i keep getting Server timed out when trying to log on to the board as well

The server at www.classicmarvelforever.com is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
February 22, 2009 06:11AM
Hmm Ive had not trouble getting into the site or the forum just no chat. If the website goes down I'll cry....a lot.
February 22, 2009 07:10AM
maybe it's just taking a while to load. i let iut stay up for a minute and eventually the interface loaded.
February 22, 2009 08:07AM
Between Redmann II and I think I know what the issue is. When you first pull up the chat, you get a blank chat interface. There's a globe shaped icon right above the large 'B' bold text tool. Clicking on that seems to log you in to the chat.
February 24, 2009 03:26AM
Are people still having trouble with the chat? Are there a number of people here with non-broadband connections? One change I made makes it so additional chat history is loaded with the chat, so everyone who logs in can see the last 100 lines or so of conversation. It might make the chat take a little longer to load. I can reduce this number, and see if everyone can load the chat a little quicker. The only downside is seeing less of the conversation that was going on before you entered the chat room.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
February 24, 2009 08:24AM
I haven't been having any problems ever since i started taking the extra action to click the login button.
February 24, 2009 10:21AM
As with Capo, I've been managing to get in pretty reliably with that one extra little click as well, so the only real recurring problem I've been seeing is the occasional timing out, especially when the whole chat gets kicked out.

As far as how much chat backlog to maintain, I'm on broadband myself, but I know at least Nightmask is on dial-up. Checking with him may give a better idea of how long it takes for the chat to load for those using non-broadband connections.
Re: Broken Chat March 27th at about 19:45 Eastern standard time.
March 27, 2009 01:53PM
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/classif5/public_html/phorum/chat/index.php on line 54
Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

that's what I got when the chat went down, and th one for eh forum was pretty much teh same except that teh line error was on line 79 I think...
Re: Broken Chat March 27th at about 19:45 Eastern standard time.
April 02, 2009 05:50AM
This error that was posted seems to occur a lot on the server, and I am fairly certain it is due to server loads on the host's end. Because we're hosted on a shared server, there could be 500 or more other sites hosted on our same server, and if any of those sites go up in traffic, it can make us suffer. Likewise, if our site jumps in traffic, it can cause database and load problems on other sites on this server. Unless our host keeps better track of the traffic/load issues, it's something that will just happen every once in a while.

There's not enough money to support the site on its own server, which is the only thing that would truly solve those little issues. If anyone else gets these errors, please make a report here. It will be good to know just how often it occurs. I see it happen in the error log pretty frequently, but I never hear anyone complain about it. It would be good to know who is having these issues the most.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
Re: April 3rd about 4:13pm PDT
April 03, 2009 01:16PM
At around 4:13pm, the chat apparently blipped out, with the following message appearing when I went to refresh the chat:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/classif5/public_html/phorum/chat/index.php on line 54
Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 21
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.