Suggested forum modfications, updates

Posted by Daelon 
Re: Suggested forum modfications, updates
April 26, 2008 10:11PM
Nightmask Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Uh you don't consider a problem with a
> log-in/log-out for the site a problem to be fixed,
> other than it's not a problem you've got?

My, aren't we taking things out of context?

I'm sure your log-in/log-out issue will obvisouly be resolved without question, regardless of my "opinion" Nightmask.

You've obviously misjudged my character as someone who doesn't give a damn about the community. I personally can't see how though.
April 26, 2008 11:08PM
I also assumed the log-in/log-off issue was already resolved upon posting. An honest mistake to consider. I hope your issue gets taken care of.
April 26, 2008 11:26PM
Well at least in my regard it isn't currently cooperating, as I can't log-out for some reason I have no idea of.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
April 26, 2008 11:37PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Well at least in my regard it isn't currently
> cooperating, as I can't log-out for some reason I
> have no idea of.

No, worries. I'm sure Kevin is on the ball with things here. You'll be log-in/log-off in no time flat. winking smiley
April 27, 2008 12:15PM
Okay while the forums are undergoing shake-downs to find any current bugs I'd like to complain that the anti-spam software wants to tag every third or fourth post I make as spam and it's getting very aggravating. I'm not sure why we have it anyway considering what would constitute spam here I don't see how a filter program could properly detect it and spam in general so far as I've seen hasn't been a problem clogging the forums to require such filtering.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
April 28, 2008 12:32PM
Nightmask,

Here is what the Antispam is currently monitoring:

- messages that are submitted multiple times (for instance, if you hit the "post" button twice, or if you hit the back button and try to re-post the message)

- messages that are submitted too quickly (for instance, if you reply to someone and simply type, "yes," it will flag the anti-spam, because spam bots post messages very fast.

I think those are the only flags that you'd be getting caught on. I'm posting this publicly, so if anyone else has a similar problem, they might be able to figure out why they were flagged as possible spam. Also, please note that this doesn't impede your ability to post, as far as I know.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
Re: Can't log out
April 28, 2008 05:56PM
I'd like to thank Kevin for his helpful advise with my log-out problem as I have managed to get the log-in/out feature to work again with his guidance.

-- Peter David

May 04, 2008 02:56PM
The Character Write-ups forum needs the heading updated for inviting posting character stats for any existing characters instead of just canon Marvel characters. While the Classic Marvel site is devoted to the Marvel Super-hero RPG a lot of requests and creations end up being of non-Marvel characters and we don't really need a separate forum for Marvel and Non-Marvel characters.

-- Peter David

May 04, 2008 07:29PM
Thank you. It will be taken care of as soon as possible.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
May 07, 2008 05:48PM
Why isn't there a RP for this site? I mean, it seems like it could have one. It has the rules right there, there are a good amount of people coming online, and it would be a good place for people to start while looking for a different one. Besides, I'm sure others would enjoy it.

Like just adding an RP board...i dunno?
May 07, 2008 06:04PM
We're working on something like that right now....but way cooler. Be patient....you'll see. winking smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
May 11, 2008 10:54AM
Is there some kind of "Estimated time of Expectancy"?
May 11, 2008 12:16PM
It varies widely with Kevin's time schedule. As of right now I cannot say for certain when the next thing on the forum will get fixed. But have faith, everything will get done eventually.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
May 11, 2008 12:19PM
Okies. ^^ look forward to it.
May 14, 2008 07:28AM
I'm just curious, since I should probably be in the loop... what are we waiting on? My schedule is a little crazy, yes, but as far as I know, the only thing that needed to be done at the moment was adding links to the D.C. and Marvel Databases in the navigation, which has now been done.

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
May 14, 2008 09:44AM
There's something else Skycutter wants to do in the future with the site, but I won't elaborate since I don't know that he wants it out just yet. Next time you chat him up, ask him about it. I know he'd let you know.
Anti-Spam filter
May 16, 2008 02:40PM
Could someone please kill/disable that anti-spam filter? We have never had a problem with spam in the past and it's really frustrating to log in and find a string of posts and try to reply to a few and get stopped by that idiot filter that thinks no human could possibly read and post twice in less than five minutes.

-- Peter David

Re: Anti-Spam filter
May 18, 2008 10:47AM
At this time, the answer is: No. The filter serves a purpose, but for your request has been considered.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
Re: Anti-Spam filter
May 21, 2008 11:55AM
It might be a good idea to determine whether or not anyone else is having issues with the spam filter. If several people are running into problems, then it should be a serious consideration. If no one else is having a problem, it could be an issue related to something locally on Nightmask's computer.

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
May 26, 2008 08:03PM
There seems to be a minor error in the Discussions forum, it's reporting a count of 94 threads (at the time I'm posting this) yet there are only 93 actual threads (each page has 30 threads to it and the fourth page only shows 3 not 4 threads). Has one of the threads disappeared or being counted twice or something?

-- Peter David

May 26, 2008 08:15PM
That's curious. Although not really a major problem, it could be a sign of one to come. sad smiley

Noted.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
May 27, 2008 12:23AM
Which is why I thought I'd point it out while it was more obvious to see and deal with just in case while the new database is still relatively small.

-- Peter David

May 27, 2008 12:40AM
Right.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
May 28, 2008 05:03PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> There seems to be a minor error in the Discussions
> forum, it's reporting a count of 94 threads (at
> the time I'm posting this) yet there are only 93
> actual threads (each page has 30 threads to it and
> the fourth page only shows 3 not 4 threads). Has
> one of the threads disappeared or being counted
> twice or something?

It seems that threads that are made sticky do not count for the 30 allotted on each page. Therefore, there is 31 on the first page right now, and 30 on the following pages.

The missing thread, is the very first one, on the first page. grinning smiley So to speak.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
May 29, 2008 08:41PM
hoi!

another weird function-problem: if you post a message and later edit it again, the counter doesn't works...

like that: "This post was edited %count times%. Last time was 05/30/2008 12:35AM."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 08:41PM by Daelon.
May 29, 2008 08:43PM
That is a recent thing, I noticed it the other day. Not sure what is going on with that, but it's a small problem none the less. Thank you for posting, and speaking up, before it became a big problem.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
May 30, 2008 10:19AM
The following is not a system error; This post was edited %count times%. I have found it redundant to show the number of times a member has to edit their post. smoking smiley

June 03, 2008 04:49AM
I don't know what the settings are on that anti-spam software but it's getting very tiresome where I can wait 10 minutes and try to post something (in this instance a long reply in the Mimic Thread) and have it STILL say I was blocked by the anti-spam software and forced to back up and reload the original page and repost my reply in order to get it to display. The software can't be doing its job if it's tagging my posts as spam as much as it does no matter what their size or separation of time between postings. Even if it isn't bothering anyone else for it to repeatedly flag even one person erroneously like that it's a problem that needs fixed instead of blocking legitimate posts.

-- Peter David

June 05, 2008 07:17AM
Nightmask-

I made some adjustments to the anti-spam module. Please tell me if it helps you at all.

Not that I'm not thrilled about making changes to the system to accommodate a single user, since the source of the problem is likely to be your set-up, and not the web-site or the anti-spam module itself, but if what I did works for you, it'll be a good compromise, since the anti-spam module has not actually been disabled.

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
June 05, 2008 07:59AM
Kevin,

While it's fascinating to wonder how the anti-spam module for the site flagging my posts so often as spam does so because of something on my set-up when all the posts go through the posting set-up for the classic marvel site I'm sure if the adjustments have solved the problem I will naturally not have reason to complain about it anymore and everyone can be happy at the problem having been fixed. Rest assured if I don't see anymore problems because of it I won't have reason to say anything else about it other than express my appreciation that the problem's been solved.

Nightmask

-- Peter David

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 22
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.