Message Posting Feature Request

Posted by Relic 
Message Posting Feature Request
October 10, 2009 11:29AM
Just wanted to request a few message posting tools that could really be useful:

- Bullets
- Indent
- List

These features are usually pretty standard in most forums and would be way more useful than Strikethrough, Superscript and Subscript

Also fixing 'Bold', 'Italic' & 'Underline' features so they don't auto pop back to the start of your draft

c'est tous

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
Re: Message Posting Feature Request
October 24, 2009 12:24PM
Relic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wanted to request a few message posting tools
> that could really be useful:
>
> - Bullets
> - Indent
> - List
>
> These features are usually pretty standard in most
> forums and would be way more useful than
> Strikethrough, Superscript and Subscript
>
> Also fixing 'Bold', 'Italic' & 'Underline'
> features so they don't auto pop back to the start
> of your draft
>
> c'est tous

Relic, I will see what we can do about those features you have requested! smoking smiley

The Skycutter

October 26, 2009 06:01PM
I was looking to attach a file but don't see anyway to do that. I thought we were able to.

November 01, 2009 08:34PM
NEW BBCODE OPTION:

LIST

• LIST ITEM ONE
  • LIST ITEM TWO

Unfortunately, we don't have the time or the resources right now to fix how it auto pops back up to the beginning of the draft. The best I can recommend for now is writing the bbcode yourself instead of relying on the toolbar for things like italic and bold, which is just [ i ] and [ /i ], and [ b ] and [ /b ] (without the extra spaces I put in).

Hope you like the list thing though.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
November 01, 2009 08:36PM
Attaching a file should work. Anyone else having problems with that? There should be a link to attach a file right above where you type in your post.

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
November 01, 2009 08:49PM
Another feature:

Say you're discussing a movie. Perhaps you go see Ironman 2 before everyone else. If you want to discuss it, but there are spoilers, you can actually use the spoiler button in the tool bar (it's a little eye icon with a red 'X' over it).

Like so -

And that concludes the spoiler.

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
November 02, 2009 04:17AM
What does the attach file button look like? Maybe I'm blind but I don't see anything to let me do that.

November 03, 2009 08:49AM
tystates, you don't have the attachment section pictured? That would definitely be a problem, because attachments are enabled in the forum settings for all registered (and logged in) users.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Kevin M. Frey
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
Attachments:
open | download - attach.jpg (106.2 KB)
November 03, 2009 11:53AM
Kevin,

I'm currently not seeing the file attachment option either. sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 25
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.