Are you all taking volunteers to update profiles to the new system?

Posted by merctime 
Are you all taking volunteers to update profiles to the new system?
October 02, 2011 11:55AM
I have seen the new profile blank form and love it! I would like to help, and currently have alot of time on my hands. If CMF is taking volunteers to do such a thing, I would appreciate some information/guidelines as to what is required. I.E., to use the wiki or not to use the wiki? just port over from the old profiles? I'm sure that the GHOTMU histories are just fine to use? I'd love to help, let me know if I can smiling smiley

Photobucket
Re: Are you all taking volunteers to update profiles to the new system?
October 22, 2011 12:44PM
So, I take it that no-one is interested in someone who would assist in updating the character profiles to the new form? Not trying to be a pest, but figured I'd bump this in case it was missed.

Photobucket
October 22, 2011 06:58PM
MT,

Try hitting the contact button up on the top..That may get a response to your offer to help.

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
March 07, 2012 10:15AM
I don't know why this hasn't been made a priority, but anyone who had stepped forward either didn't work out, or someone didn't get back in touch with the potential volunteer. I considered just putting instructions up publicly, but it's probably not a wise idea to let the general public into the back-end where they can potentially mess up profiles that have already been done.

I can write up some instructions, but I'm not sure who to pass them on to, because I've been absent for a while now, and haven't heard from The_Skycutter since March 9th, 2011. A mod should be handling this process. It seems like it's less of a priority for long time members than it is for people who are new to the site. Or maybe people who've been here a long time are just used to seeing things move slowly.

Either way, I'd be glad to provide access information and some instruction for editing the character profiles. I just need to know it's someone who's serious about learning how to use the CMS, and committed to making progress. And moderator support wouldn't hurt.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
March 07, 2012 11:02AM
Mods have nothing to do with the inner workings of the site. If they want to help that's great but I don't see it as part of the job description. Also as far as I can tell I'm the only mod left.

I rarely ever go look at the main page of CMF. I just come to the board.

March 07, 2012 11:55AM
Sorry, I mistakenly thought that mods were kind of like the tour guides of Classic Marvel Forever. Folks who were part of the hierarchy of overall site management. I didn't realize their only job is roaming the forum.

The forum is not the only community resource. Is there no one who cares to manage anything at all outside the forum? I haven't been around in a while, so I don't know how (or if) the regulars have changed.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 41
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.