chat glitch???

Posted by Chronomancer 
chat glitch???
December 22, 2013 11:59AM
Is it just me or does anyone else notice that the chat notification line on the forums page doesn't always work?

Sometimes when I'm in the chat (like now) it doesn't show me that I'm there. Or maybe I just have uber stealth vs. computers...

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
Re: chat glitch???
December 22, 2013 12:11PM
It a glitch, it was doing that when Gil had his game.
December 30, 2013 07:51AM
Because the chat system and the forum system were never meant to be integrated, I had to hack something together to show people in the chat. The unfortunate downside is it will only properly show when there is more than one person in chat. I can't remember the details, because this change was made so long ago, but it was done this way because any other way would hammer the database server and make things less responsive.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
January 02, 2014 07:56AM
Kevin, I was going to tell Chrono he was uber stealthy vs. computers....so much for that! LOL grinning smiley

The Cutter

January 11, 2014 10:24PM
A couple of days ago some people and I were in the chat room discussing the chat and a suggestion was made to as if it is possible to move the hat indicator closer to the top of the main page, so we can see easier who is in chat without having to drop to the bottom of the page all the time?

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
June 03, 2014 07:38AM
I understand I'm behind about six months, but I've done what I could to make this happen for you, Chronomancer. I think it is a great idea.

Kevin M. Frey
Owner / Technical Consultant
TransEffect LLC

TransEffect LLC
June 04, 2014 05:54PM
Thanks Kevin I appreciate that. And yeah, you're right. It was a good idea. I do (on a rare occasion) have a good idea. I 'm just glad this was on of them grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 28
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.