Barrage

Posted by Nitro 
Barrage
May 09, 2008 03:19PM
This is kind of a joke character I created to see how much I could get away with with a 200 point maximum character that had Unearthly limits on base Powers and Stats.

Barrage
Raymond Heart
F Un93
A Ty5
S In40
E Ty5
R Ty5
I Ty5
P Ty5
Health: 143
Resources: Sh-0
Popularity: 0

Powers:
Hyper-Attack: Feeble (1): Barrage is able to perform an extreme number of Fighting FEATs (and 1 extra Agility FEAT).
-Multiple Fighting FEATs: Un93+Martial Arts B+Quick-Striking+1+1CS=(Sh-Z351) 35 attacks
-Multiple Agility FEATs: Ty5+1CS=(Gd8) 1 agility FEAT
-Fighting Rank: Considered Sh-X126
-Agility Rank: Considered Gd8
-For example, if Barrage attacked a target with no resistance 35 times and landed every hit, the target would receive 1400 damage!

Talents:
Martial Arts B: +1CS Fighting when unarmed.
Quick-Striking: +1CS to Fighting FEATs involving multiple attack rolls. Also gains +1 on initiative rolls.

Contacts:
None

FASERIP=158
Powers=22
Talents=20
Contacts=0
168+22+10=200

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2008 05:41PM by Nitro.
Re: Barrage
May 09, 2008 04:39PM
Dude, I dig it. smiling bouncing smiley

Can you tell us a little bit about what point system you used for the power stunt portion of this character?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
May 09, 2008 07:32PM
They aren't really power stunts. In the Ultimate Powers section on this site, the explaination of Hyper-Attack is that you add your Fighting or Agility to the Power Rank of Hyper-Attack, and then +1CS. You then divide the total rank by ten and that is how many FEATs you get per round. The total rank is also the rank that the FEAT is used at.

Using Barrage as an example, he gets 35 attacks this way:
Unearthly (93) Fighting + Martial Arts B = Shift-X (126)
Shift-X (126) + Quick Striking = Shift-Y (176)
Shift-Y (176) + Power rank of Hyper-Attack (1) = Shift-Y (177)
Shift-Y (177) + The +1CS from Hyper-Attack = Shift-Z (351)
351 / 10 = 35.1 ---> 35 Fighting FEATs

His Fighting rank is equal to his Fighting rank plus his Hyper-Attack rank, and then +1CS.
Unearthly (93) + Hyper-Attack rank (1) = Unearthly (94)
Unearthly (94) + 1CS = Shift-X (126)
So his Fighting rank ends up as Shift-X (126) because Quick-Striking only applies to Multiple Attacks.

His Agility works the same way.
Typical (5) + 1 = Typical (6)
Typical (6) + 1CS = Good (8)
So his Agility rank ends up as Good (8)

At first I was playing around with Hyper-Fighting as well, but found that instead of using up 10 points to purchase the power plus the power rank, I just added it to his Fighting rank. Next I was looking for +1CS Fighting talents and these two ended up being the only ones that I thought were better cost wise being only 10 points and giving +1CS to Fighting instead of either paying for the Physical stat rank increase or paying 10 points for hyper-fighting and then another couple dozen for its rank.

Also at first I had Hyper-Attack at a higher rank but when I realized it was starred and cost alot, I toned it way down because I still got another +1CS to my Fighting for only 22 points (20 for power, 2 for Feeble (1) rank). I was a little worried about such a low endurance, but I figured that if I gave him a high strength then it would make up for it because the odds that he would hit would be 2940/3500 or 84% chance with damage being anywhere from 0 to 1400 damage. So basically, he could take out Spiderman, Batman or Wolverine in a single round. Basically anyone with physical resistance less than Incredible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 05:24AM by Nitro.
May 09, 2008 10:13PM
Very clever character engineering my friend. smiling bouncing smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
May 28, 2008 01:45PM
I like the idea. Get 200 points, and spend them as you choose.
July 08, 2016 02:53PM
Just browsing and admiring... sorry for the thread necro, everyone.

However, I like the hyper attack power and it's overall use in this build, but as a judge I don't think I would allow modifiers to factor into the overall rank total.

Nitro wrote:
They aren't really power stunts. In the Ultimate Powers section on this site, the explaination of Hyper-Attack is that you add your Fighting or Agility to the Power Rank of Hyper-Attack, and then +1CS. You then divide the total rank by ten and that is how many FEATs you get per round. The total rank is also the rank that the FEAT is used at.

My ruling on this character would be UN 93 Fighting + FE 1 Hyper Attack = UN 94 +1CS for a total of Sh-X 126 divided by 10. So, 12 attacks at Incredible 40 Strength. And that is still ridiculously awesome.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
July 08, 2016 11:49PM
Thrudjelmer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just browsing and admiring... sorry for the thread
> necro, everyone.
>
> However, I like the hyper attack power and it's
> overall use in this build, but as a judge I don't
> think I would allow modifiers to factor into the
> overall rank total.
>
>
Nitro wrote:
They aren't really power
> stunts. In the Ultimate Powers section on this
> site, the explaination of Hyper-Attack is that you
> add your Fighting or Agility to the Power Rank of
> Hyper-Attack, and then +1CS. You then divide the
> total rank by ten and that is how many FEATs you
> get per round. The total rank is also the rank
> that the FEAT is used at.
>
> My ruling on this character would be UN 93
> Fighting + FE 1 Hyper Attack = UN 94 +1CS for a
> total of Sh-X 126 divided by 10. So, 12 attacks
> at Incredible 40 Strength. And that is still
> ridiculously awesome.

How is that any different than someone with Good (12) rank Hyper-Speed making 12 Incredible damage attacks? Something that would end up banned.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
July 09, 2016 06:14AM
How is it different? Because hyper-speed is dependent on its own rank rather than added to something else and further modified. My point was that I wouldn't allow talents to modify the rank for greater effect. Hyper attack provides it's bonus attacks based on Fighting rank + power rank +1CS... Martial Arts B provides a +1CS to Fighting for making attacks, not to the hyper attack power for increasing the number of attacks you can make.

I wouldn't allow Martial Arts B or any other talent to modify Hyper Speed's rank to allow for increased number of attacks either.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
July 11, 2016 04:58AM
Rasnar: Mutant with Magical elemental powers.

Fighting: Good 10
Agility Excellent: 20
Strength Good:10
Endurance Incredible: 40
Reason: Good 10
Intuition: Good 10
Psyche: Amazing 50

health 80
Karma 70
Resources * Remarkable

Magic use Amazing: Elemental power. Range 12 areas.

Rasnar can control the four elements of the Universe; Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water at Spell rank (See Nature Control p.24-25 in the Realms of Magic).

Fire Amazing level to control. Rasnar can raise or lower the temperature of an object on the Amazing level. He can also increase or decrease fires to amazing levels, however, he can't make fire himself, however, he has way around that problem.

Earth: Can manipulate naturally occurring elements such as metals, concrete, and rocks. Rasnar has his own gold reserve but is careful not to make too much of it. See resources!

Wind: Amazing level winds. As a power stunt, Rasner can fly much the way Storm does. Rasnar can deflect objects thrown at him, use the winds as a grapple attack ( Amazing ), or push objects with Amazing strength.

Water: Rasnar can control the water, parting it, creating whirlpools, or giant waves at the amazing level.

Rasnar also has an ability to summon and control Elementals at Spell ranks.

**The judge has the final say on the elemental summoned, but they are at the Amazing rank and have loyalty to Rasnar.**

Custom hero suit. Thanks to his riches, Rasnar has a custom hero suit.

The technologic powers are thus:

Body Armor, Good protection from physical attacks, chemical attacks, and fire.

Flame Lighter. By squeezing his left fist, Ransar has a lighter producing flame. From here his magic to control fire can shoot flames with amazing intensity ability and damage.

Air filter mask. Attached to the top of the suit, it can be pulled down. It offers Remarkable protection vs gas and doubles as a diver's mask.

Utility belt: A belt with various pouches that contain:

Knockout darts ( 2 ) Can be thrown by hand or with his wind powers. Excellent intensity.

Smoke pellets ( 2 ) Capable of blocking out 2 areas area. Easily controlled by Rasnar's wind powers

Titanium razor bladed projectile ( 4 ), can be shot with Rasnar's wind powers. Remarkable edge damage per hit.

Stink pellets ( 2 ) often thrown and controlled by the winds. These pellets are worse than a skunk and make people flee. -2CS on those who choose to remain.

"To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught... then the pact is to avenge."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 21
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.