Campaign specific Wolfsbane variant

Posted by realmrunner 
Campaign specific Wolfsbane variant
June 03, 2008 05:55AM
This is the version I'm using for my next campaign (there's only one player and she's picked Rahne). It's modified from the verion from Ben Riely's site. Any comments or such are welcome since it's a long time since I've remodelled a character.

Basically Rahne by the time the game kicks off Rahne has left the X-Mansion and X-Factor Investigations and has hit out on her own.

Wolfsbane

Rahne Sinclair

F) Ex 20
A) Gd 10
S) Ty 6
E) Ex 20
R) Ty 6
I) Gd 10
P) Gd 10
Health: 56 Karma: 26
Resources: Ex Pop: 0

Known Powers:
- Transformation: Rahne rarely uses her Wolf form anymore because of the increased power of her Wolfoid Form. Damage Suffered in either form is healed when returning to true form unless her health is below 42. Damage to her human form does carry over.
- Regeneration: Pr.
- Tracking: Gd
- Psi-Screen: Ex

Wolf Form:
-F) Rm 30
-A) Gd 10
-S) Gd 10
-E) Ex 20
-R) Pr 4
-I) Rm 30
-P) Gd 10
-Health: 70 Karma: 44

- Bite: Gd Edge
- Tracking: Rm
- Movement: Gd groundspeed for 5 rounds
- Heightened Sight: Rm Ultraviolet and Infrared.
- Heightened Hearing: Am

Wolfoid Form:
-F) Rm 30
-A) Ex 20
-S) Ex 20
-E) In 40
-R) Ty 6
-I) Ex 20
-P) Gd 10

-Heatlh: 110 Karma: 36
- Claws: Ex Edge
- Bite: Gd Edge
- Tracking: Rm
- Movement: Gd groundspeed, Gd leaping
- Heightened Senses: Am

Equipment:
None

Talents: Heir to Fortune, Detective/Espionage, Martial Arts A.

Contacts: Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, X-Factor Investigations, the O.N.E (Val Cooper).

Edited: To reflect suggestions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2008 09:40AM by realmrunner.
Re: Campaign specific Wolfsbane variant
June 05, 2008 06:25AM
Not too bad although I think as she's more of a physical combat character and has engaged in extensive hand-to-hand combat along with the training I think her Fighting rank could do with an increase of a rank in all her forms (with the increase in health). Unlike some characters that do melee combat (like Mr. Fantastic) her powers aren't such to where they'd work against her increasing her Fighting rank if anything they're focused where she should have increases to her Fighting rank. Otherwise she should have a Fighting Feat or two to reflect her formal training and give her bonuses in combat plus all graduates of the Xavier Institute are given the Resist Domination talent as part of their training by Professor X.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 05, 2008 08:52AM
I upped the fighting on her human and wolf forms but left it off the Wolfoid form (since I think Inc Fighting is something that'll happen in-game, especially since Rahne's working with Cap in game at the moment). I'd forgotten about the whole psychic training thing, although it does make sense.
June 05, 2008 09:22AM
Hmmm, probably so, getting a base Fighting of Incredible might be a bit much in her anthro form and does give the player something to work on developing while keeping her other forms more conversant with combat to reflect her training and experience to date. I think a few of the X-men related suppliments make mention that one gains Resist Domination as part of the generic training for all those brought into the Mansion for training and education as well. There's less mention of what kind of other training that they all get like whether or not they'd all get Martial Arts A or B as part of their educations since they are all pretty much trained for combat situations.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
June 05, 2008 09:39AM
I figure that Rahne was in the last class before Xavier's teaching methods went more militaristic, although the fact that some of her training was done by Cable makes some kind of Martial Arts training more likely. I think Martial Arts A might work (on the theory that Cable was likely to train her in case she's attacked while unable to change shape). I'll add that since there is a certain sense of inevitability to Rahne taking Wolverine's place in the campaign's version of the New Avengers.
June 05, 2008 10:32AM
Xavier's always been militaristic but I'll agree that Cable was more likely to be handing out intensive martial arts training for when powers aren't available (Xavier did seem to focus more on the use of the powers in combat and the hand-to-hand training more of an afterthought for those whose powers were more combat-related like Colossus or Wolverine rather than allowed for hands-off combat like Cyclops or Marvel Girl). I hope the campaign goes well and do let us know how it works out if you can.

-- Peter David

June 05, 2008 10:46AM
I was considering putting the recaps I'm writing for the campaign up on this board
June 05, 2008 11:06AM
Go for it, I'm sure it'd be well received.

-- Peter David

June 07, 2008 09:58AM
Check out X-Men: Legacy, that's been out the last few months. It explores the early years of Xavier, right before the formation of his X-men, as well as his childhood, and the work of his father at Alamogordo. It will show, just how militaristic Xavier's training was, preparing his first class for the world they would meet.
June 10, 2008 10:50PM
I'll have to check that out too, sounds like a page turner.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
June 12, 2008 06:56AM
I was pleasantly surprised by it. i always thought that the first iteration of X-Men were boring as balls, but some how, some way, mike Carey has found a way to make that era of the x-men engaging and interesting to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 17
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.