Health: 96
Mental Health: 40
Karma Pool: 40
Advancement Pool: 0
Resources: Typical
Popularity: 0
Appearance: Excellent

Powers:

Paper Body: Crane's body is made of thousands of small sheets paper layered over one another. When complete, she can easily pass for a normal human and has a biology of that of a normal human. In order to use some of her powers (those with a star), she must sacrifice a varied amount of paper from her body. When separated from her body, she loses 1 point of health each round her paper away from her. This health is instantly recovered when her paper rejoins her. Crane has the following abilities:

-Ignore Kill: Due to Crane's make-up, she is immune to all Kill results. Only by destorying all her paper can she truly be killed. This can be accomplished by fire and area attacks.

-Body Armor: When Crane is layered (not dispersed), she has the following resistances:
--Remarkable protection vs. Blunt
--Remarkable protection vs. Cold
--Good protection vs. Edge
--Excellent protection vs. Energy

-Heal-Self: By absorbing new sheets of paper into her body, she can heal herself an amount of health equal to the weight (in pounds) of paper absorbed. She cannot surpase her maximum health in this manner. She can heal when complete by resting normally.

-Enhanced Touch: Remarkable

-Shapeshifting: Crane can fold herself into different forms. This can vary from different people to various animals but her mass does not change. She can change into a Praying Mantis but it will be a people sized one.
--Blending: Amazing

-Object Creation*: Crane can use the paper from her body and shape them into a weapon. She can make a variety of simple objects and weapons but she cannot make a gun, bomb, etc, that require chemical reactions. Maximum damage is either Incredible edge or blunt.

-Physiology Manipulation: Crane can create extra or new body parts at the cost of an arm-for-an-arm. For example to gain wings she sacrifices the paper in her legs.

-Disperse*: Crane can scatter herself around an entire area. She cannot be harmed by attacks except fire and attacks that can affect an entire area. in this form she loses her body armor. She can control her sheets at a maximum range of 1 mile. Mental attacks directed at Crane are at -3CS to hit when she is dispersed.
While dispersed, Crane can fold herself into various objects:
--Butterflies: Fly 1 area per round. She can sense through each sheet what it sees.
--Airplane: Fly at Feeble airspeeds or windspeed, whichever is greater. Can only sense through one sheet while the rest simply follow.
--Entangle: Treat as Hold of Incredible strength. If covering airways, then make an Endurance FEAT or KO for 1d10 rounds.
--Cyclone: Does Poor edge damage to an entire area. Those inside may take defensive action at -6CS.
-Levitation: If there is any wind, Crane can levitate at Good speeds and can float in place.

Limitations:
-Cannot use powers when covered in a sticky substances such as oil but she can use her powers when wet at -1CS.
-+1CS damage from fire and heat.

Talents:
Artist: Origami, Thrown Weapons

Contacts:
None
Re: Crane
June 18, 2008 03:46PM
A very interesting character and writeup.. Lots of possibilities for what can be done with a paper-based form, especially with skill in folding and reshaping her form. Good applications for physical infiltration as well.. All she needs is a crack big enough for paper to slip through..
July 27, 2008 04:54AM
She reminds me of my own Mr Happy in some ways (he has anatomical seperation with each atom being aware), but also the Sandman (her ability to absorb paper to replenish herself). A truly unique chatacter. I cant ever recall any character in comics, film or literature being made of paper. An inspired creation.
July 28, 2008 04:42PM
I think that there was a character in the Wild Card book series with a somewhat similar power(although i can't recall if he controlled paper, or was comprised of paper), i think he was called Paper Dragon, but it has been literally over ten years since i read those books, so i may be misremembering....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 19
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.