Random Encounter Generator for Superheroes

Posted by Username 
Random Encounter Generator for Superheroes
August 11, 2014 05:31PM
I made a random encounter generator for my Marvel game and I figured I'd share it in case anyone else was interested in it. I try to incorporate a some of the everyday aspects of superheroes into my game so this encounter chart has that as well.

Download
Re: Random Encounter Generator for Superheroes
August 11, 2014 10:14PM
thats not bad, thanks for sharing; i think i will include into my spread sheet for in game inspiration when the PCs go 'off plot' smiling smiley
August 15, 2014 09:24AM
I like it. Looks like it would fit nicely into Inspiration Pad Pro. thumbs up cool smiley

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
August 15, 2014 04:50PM
What's Inspiration Pad Pro?
August 15, 2014 05:50PM
Its a neat little application that lets you create customized automated random tables.

You can find it here: [www.nbos.com]

I use it all the time for everything from weather effects, names of people and places, and even whole NPCs. I started building a villains encounter list based on general power levels (using "Street Level," "Powerful," and "Cosmic" as my levels), but I wouldn't really call it a random encounter table.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
August 15, 2014 10:45PM
That's awesome Thanks for sharing.
August 19, 2014 05:02AM
Nice job!

The random encounters in "New York, New York" still set the bar for me, though. Enough flesh to gorge it down raw, but bare-bones enough to tinker with it and to add it to the game without prior prep.
September 11, 2014 09:28AM
For random idea generation ... [theyfightcrime.net]

It's been around for years but still makes me laugh
November 22, 2021 04:20AM
Hey, if anyone could replace the link in the first post with this file, I'd appreciate. I've been getting a requests randomly recently for access to the encounter generator and I'd rather people didn't request access from me and just had it. I don't seem to be able to edit the old post.

Thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - Encounter Generator.pdf (299.3 KB)
November 22, 2021 11:16PM
Username
Hey, if anyone could replace the link in the first post with this file, I'd appreciate.
Done.

November 24, 2021 01:20AM
Hey, this is great! Would you mind if we included it in an upcoming issue of The New Marvel-Phile?
December 15, 2021 10:22AM
Sure! Where can I see it when you post it?
December 15, 2021 10:24AM
hawkeye
Hey, this is great! Would you mind if we included it in an upcoming issue of The New Marvel-Phile?

I should quote you so you'll get a notice, I hope, but either way, go for it.
December 15, 2021 01:58PM
Username

Thanks! It will be posted in The New Marvel-Phile pinned post in the Canon Character Write-ups forum. May not be for a couple of months, but I'll call it out when the issue it's included in is posted.
December 20, 2021 07:12PM
hawkeye
Username

Thanks! It will be posted in The New Marvel-Phile pinned post in the Canon Character Write-ups forum. May not be for a couple of months, but I'll call it out when the issue it's included in is posted.

I don't know what you've got planned, but...

December 26, 2021 04:29PM
Thrudjelmer
hawkeye
Username

I don't know what you've got planned, but...

We aim to please! smiling smiley
December 28, 2021 12:34PM
Username

Any chance you could share with me the word doc you created it from? It'll be easier to incorporate it into our MP issue template.

Thanks!
January 24, 2022 03:43AM
Sorry this took so long, I usually get on this site on my phone these days and I kept forgetting to send it. Here it is as word doc. I couldn't attach a newer file type here.
Attachments:
open | download - Encounter Generator.doc (143.5 KB)
January 24, 2022 03:48AM
hawkeye
Username

Any chance you could share with me the word doc you created it from? It'll be easier to incorporate it into our MP issue template.

Thanks!

I couldn't send you a PM. Looks like some protocol issues? Anyways if you could credit it as both my username (Username) and my real name Jacob, that would be my preference, Otherwise, just use my username. Thank you for asking (in the message), I appreciate it.
January 24, 2022 02:47PM
Username
hawkeye
Username

Thanks!

I couldn't send you a PM. Looks like some protocol issues? Anyways if you could credit it as both my username (Username) and my real name Jacob, that would be my preference, Otherwise, just use my username. Thank you for asking (in the message), I appreciate it.

Awesome! Thanks again!
December 29, 2022 12:05AM
Did this ever make into a Marvel Phile?
December 29, 2022 09:54AM
December 30, 2022 04:26AM
The Real Time Traveller (R)

Not sure?
January 16, 2023 04:17PM
It's up on the downloads page of FASERIP.org as we discussed anyway. smiling smiley Most popular download so far, followed by the male realistic superhero character sheet. smiling smiley

www.faserip.com
January 24, 2023 02:25AM
It's up on the downloads page of FASERIP.org as we discussed anyway. smiling smiley Most popular download so far, followed by the male realistic superhero character sheet. smiling smiley

Awesome! I've been meaning to post some other stuff, but coaching has kept my evenings too busy.
March 01, 2023 03:43PM

Yep! Sorry for the delay in answering - it was in Issue 63 of The New Marvel-Phile!
March 02, 2023 07:01AM
Thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it.
March 02, 2023 10:42AM
Username
Thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it.

Of course! It was a great addition to the issue - we appreciate you allowing us to include it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 31
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.