Rough's Characters

Posted by Roughouse 
Rough's Characters
July 13, 2017 06:49PM
Like many of you - I really enjoy playing around with character creation. So I thought I'd post some of my creations here just for fun.
Re: Rough's Characters
July 13, 2017 06:55PM
I played City of Hero's for a number of years before it closed down. Here's a tribute to one of my favorite heroines from that game.

The fabulous Sister Psyche:

Hero ID: Sister Psyche
Secret Identity: Shalice Tilman-Sinclair
Origin: Random Mutant

F Ex
A Ex
S Ty
E Ex
R Rm
I Rm
P Mo

Telepathy: Monstrous
- Mind Control
- Mind Probe
- Iron Will
- Free Spirit

Telekinesis: Amazing
- Force Fields
- Kinetic Bolts
- Ensnare
- Flight

Longevity: Remarkable

Contacts: The Freedom Phalanx, Longbow, The Vindicators, Justin Sinclair (Husband).

Skills: Resist Domination, Psychology

Background:
Shalice was born with powerful Mental Powers. She has been one of Paragon City's most Iconic Hero's. For a short time, she inhabited the body a young heroine named Aurora Borealis. She has since returned to her own body. While mind riding Shalice ceases aging. Sister Psyche is married to the masked archer Manticore (Justin Sinclair).

In City of Hero's Shalice's TK powers were approximated with the Force Field set. I've replaced that with the much better themed (and very flexible) Telekinesis. She has a monstrous psyche because well it is her namesake. Her skill in psychology comes from her attempt to reform the insane illusionist known as Malaise.
July 13, 2017 09:02PM
I'm a big fan of taking drawbacks & limitations on supers builds. It's one of the things that makes superhero rpg's unique imho. Here's a character that I first thought about many years ago. Back after I had read my first ROM comic (Yes, I'm that old..). The concept is a young woman who survived an attack from a body stealing Dire Wraith. The wraith was killed before it could do lethal damage to the Character. The psychic backlash somehow imprinted the Wraith's memories and powers to victim. Now, she uses those powers to fight evil. If she could only do something about about the ominous whispering tickling the edge of her consciousness smoking smiley!

Hero ID: Mystika
Secret Identity: Claire O'brien
Magically Endowed - Human

F Rm (30)
A Gd (10)
S Gd (10)
E In (40)

R Ex (20)
I In (40)
P Am (50)

Hit Points: 90
Resources: Gd (10)

Magic School: Dire Wraith Magic

Magical Telekinesis: Am (50)
This spell is a magical combination of both Telekinesis and Kinetic Bolt. Claire can use this power to lift and move objects. Ensnare foes, and shield herself from attack.

Shape-Shifting -Limited: Ex (20)
The hero can change into any person she's touched. She does not gain the powers or knowledge that the person she is imitating would have. The physical imitation is perfect - down to the fingerprints. However, those with a super-sense of smell may see through the disguise.

Resistance to Magic: Rm (30)

*Dual Persona (Special): Ex (20)
The hero has the Skills, Talents, Knowledge, and Memories of a Dire Wraith.

Talents: Occultist, Runes, Demonology, Resist Domination.

Drawbacks & Limitations:
- Shapeshifting Limited: Can only imitate those she has touched.
- Mystic Limitation: Only knows spells of the Wraith she absorbed. She cannot learn new spells.
- Hostile Persona: The absorbed Dire Wraith may battle for control of the characters body at times of great stress.
- Traumatized: -1CS to her attacks when fighting Dire Wraiths.

Contacts: S.H.I.E.L.D., Local Politician, Scientific

Background:
During the Dire Wraith's last stand battle on earth, one little girl was very nearly collateral damage. Fleeing the battle, a desperate Wraith broke into her home and slaughtered her family. The alien had hoped to seek refuge in the form of an innocent child.

Just as the Wraith was about to kill Claire and steal her form - she was rescued. A soldier had burst into the house and emptied his clip into shape-stealing Wraith. The creature was still connected to Claire as it dissolved to dust.

The psychic backlash was nearly too much for the then 10-year old Claire. She fell unconscious. When she awoke she found herself in a S.H.I.E.L.D. medical facility. It soon became apparent that the memories and powers of the slain Wraith had been transferred into Claire.

For the last 15-years Claire has undergone strenuous mental training. This has allowed her to keep the Wraith side of her personality suppressed. She has also mastered the Wraith's shape changing and magical abilities.

I wanted to play around with Dual Persona - then I realized that it may be a power - but it could also be a severe disadvantage. The RP possibilities are really interesting with this build. The hero is not only living with the traumatic memories of her family's terrible slaughter. But the very creature responsible has taken up residence in her mind. Does this monster haunt her dreams? Or worse is it still trying to take over body? A devious GM could make life very interesting (and maddening) for someone playing this character. The upside being the Karma points for RP'ng this well would probably be very lucrative.
July 13, 2017 09:36PM
This character was mostly random rolled. The only things I added were the limitations. Everything else was was up to luck. At first I was like what in the world am I going to do with Water Control, Phasing, and Martial Arts (Judo). Then I thought about the Water Benders in Avatar! It all came together after that. I figured the phasing skill was a combination of his Water powers and his extensive knowledge of chemistry. It's a bit of handwavium -- but hey it's very comic booky!

Hero ID: Water Master
Secret Identity: Keanu Flores
Origin: Induced Mutant

F Rm (30)
A In (40)
S Gd (10)
E Ty (06)

R Ex (20)
I Gd (10)
P Ex (20)

Hit Points: 86
Resources: Pr.

Powers:
Phasing Gd (10)
- By Manipulating the water molecules in his own body, Water Master can phase through solid objects.

Water Control Ex (20)
Water Master utilizes water as extra limbs - grappling, throwing, and slamming his opponents (Martial Arts A). He can also fashion water into shields and weaponry, and even ride a large wave to travel.

Talents
Martial Arts A, Chemical Engineering

Limitations: Fear of Fire: -1CS to all fire based attacks.

Background: Water Master was a brilliant chemist studying bio-chemical reactions in sea life. During an experiment he was exposed to an unknown substance. This granted him the ability to manipulate water. He utilizes his knowledge of both Chemistry and Judo to create devastating water-based attacks.

I love playing with randomly generated builds. Sometimes, they look completely impossible. But it's surprising how well they can mesh with a little imagination.
July 14, 2017 12:46AM
Nice to see you posting here! Some nice characters so far, especially love the ROM connection for the one (being a fan who read it when it came out, has almost every issue, and used to have the toy).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
July 14, 2017 03:46AM
Hey Roughouse,

Your Mystika character is a noteworthy creation. I find it very interesting and I like the tie in with the Dire Wraiths, my favorite alien invaders in the entirety of Marvel Comics.

One world of adventure is never enough.
July 15, 2017 04:19PM
I'm really spending too much time on this website -- but I'm recovering from being sick and have lots of time on my hands grinning smiley.

Anyway... I used the Terrigen Mist supplement on the website to create my own Inhuman. Again, stuck with various powers that didn't seem to mesh. - then I remembered the Inhuman Crystal can control the weather and the elements. So after a liberal interpretation of Geoforce (I'd probably have to bribe the GM)...I came up with Zarek The Elemental

Zarek The Elemental:
F In (40)
A Rm (30)
S Rm (30)
E Ex (20)
R Ty (06)
I Ex (20)
P Gd (10)

Health: 120

Contacts: The Inhumans, S.H.I.E.L.D., Midtown University

Skills: Martial Arts B, Weapon Master (Stone Weapons), Student, Anthropology

Powers:

Geoforce: Ex (20)
Zarek can manipulate earth and sculpt it into any form he wishes. He will often form weapons of rock or coat his fists in stone boxing gloves for melee combat. As a power stunt he can cover his body in rock armor, granting himself body armor at rank intensity.

Weather Control: Ex (20)
Zarek can summon gust winds, cyclones, and hurricanes. As a power stunt he can use these winds to fly. He can also summon localized storms at rank intensity.

Digestive Adaption: Ex (20)
The Terrigen mist caused unusual changes to The Elemental's biology. Normal human food no longer nourishes him. Instead he must consume raw minerals. This has grants him +4CS resistance to toxins.

Abnormal Sensitivity: Gd (10)
The elemental's vision has been severly altered. He can no longer see as normal humans can. Instead he possesses thermovision. Which allows him to navigate in complete darkness. Unfortunately, this has rendered him extremly sensitive to light. He must wear protective goggles during the day.

Physical Appearance:
Exposure to the Terrigen mists has had a profound effect on Zarek's appearance. He has pale gray skin with a series of intricate marking covering his face and body. His eyes are slightly larger than normal and yellow in color.

Physiology: Like most Inhumans, Zarek is in peak physical condition. Exposure to the Terrigen Mists has also granted him superhuman levels of strength, agility, and endurance.

Background:
Zarek was placed in a Terrigen Chamber on his 13th birthday. When he emerged all of Atillian shook with storms and tremors. Zarek was sedated and taken to a secluded location to better control his powers. Other Inhumans quickly began referring to him as an elemental. Inhumans born with control over more than one element are rare. So Zarek's abilities quickly raised his family's social standing.

Zarek is still young and fairly inexperienced in using his powers. Also, the loss of normal sight leaves him somewhat depressed at times. Zarek is now one of many Inhumans who are now attending school as exchange students in the United States.

His activities are closely monitored by the Inhuman Royal Family and S.H.I.E.L.D.

So the description for Geoforce states that those who possess it can shape rock into any form they wish. So stone fists, armor, and weapons aren't entirely out of the question. Weather control was tricky so I just stuck with it as is. Digestive Adaption is a power that I've always scratched my head over. But I figured giving him a dietary restriction that requires him to eat raw minerals would work. Plus that power comes with a host weird biological changes, which works for an Inhuman.
June 01, 2018 06:39PM
Wicked.
I also enjoy City of Heros and glad someone started another one.
June 01, 2018 06:43PM
FYI
for folks who may be interested in the progress/development

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 29
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.