Ultimate Powers List

Posted by Nexus 
Ultimate Powers List
February 06, 2018 05:41PM
[classicmarvelforever.com]

What exactly is this?
Re: Ultimate Powers List
February 06, 2018 05:44PM
Not sure how the double post happened, my apologies!
February 06, 2018 06:02PM
A web version of Ultimate Powers Book. Not 100% on what or if there are any home brewed powers in it, but I’m thinking there are not.

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
― Oscar Wilde
February 06, 2018 09:50PM
davidrpaige
A web version of Ultimate Powers Book. Not 100% on what or if there are any home brewed powers in it, but I’m thinking there are not.

I'm thinking there are A LOT of home brewed powers in it. I checked when I gathered up every power I could for the revised UPB. thumbs up

One world of adventure is never enough.
February 07, 2018 01:34AM
Its certainly an interesting list. You could possibly use it for 'quick roll' characters since some of them are like power packages united by a general effect.
February 07, 2018 11:21AM
Nexus
Not sure how the double post happened, my apologies!
No worries.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
February 09, 2018 03:42AM
Are there rules for the Power combinations or are they just suggestions of possible ways to interpret those abilities?
February 10, 2018 02:55PM
For clarification,I meant this list:

February 11, 2018 10:38AM
Nexus

Those are known suggestions for the Power Combination ability from the Ultimate addenda's addenda.

February 12, 2018 03:32AM
Necromancer
Nexus

Those are known suggestions for the Power Combination ability from th
e Ultimate addenda's addenda.

Are there any mechanics for combinations? For example, if I roll two of those powers how do I combine for the described effect or can I just keep them separate with their base effect?
February 12, 2018 12:45PM
Nexus
Necromancer
Nexus

Those are known suggestions for the Power Combination ability from th
e Ultimate addenda's addenda.

Are there any mechanics for combinations? For example, if I roll two of those powers how do I combine for the described effect or can I just keep them separate with their base effect?

I suppose the "mechanics" would rely on the R8 Power Combination power listed at the bottom of the page Here and in what your Judge is willing to allow in his game. Normally, combining powers isn't a part of the normal core rules. It relies heavily on arbitration from the Judge, two or more powers working in tandem from a single hero as a single effect can very quickly power creep into a situation most Judges and Players are not ready to go. Once the Judge allows it, the Player is going to be remiss if the Judge suddenly decides to take it away or deems it to powerful later on.

This section is clearly labeled as fan created content and obviously consists of house rulings. Judge and Players beware!

Generally using two or more powers at a time is a rare ability and often only seen in individuals with a Multitasking Power. Which is not in the core Powers books. I did adapt the Modok version of Multitasking into the Character Creation Compendium. It's worth noting that using two or more powers in a single action is normally something that is BEYOND the rules for Power Stunts. So again, Judges and Players should beware!

February 15, 2018 08:53AM
Oh, ok. I wondered if there was a larger section on how to handle Power combinations. Its an interesting idea but I'm not sure if I'm good enough to handle it in play.

But it does seem to run along the same lines as some abilities that are in the canonical powers like Spray and Chemical Touch (IIRC).
February 15, 2018 08:57AM
Thanks! I thought there might have been more rules that related to combining powers. I guess it is similar to Powers like Spray, Chemical Touch and Webcasting in the UPB.
February 21, 2018 05:10AM
Nexus

What exactly is this?

Yeah, I've pretty much ignored that list as some of the home brewed powers are seriously broken and unbalanced. "Hyper Attack" under Fighting Powers? The example given is the power giving a character 15 attacks a round. Sheesh.

February 22, 2018 05:05PM
My favorite non-power is "Hyper-Health" which is a power that just adds the power rank score to the character's health score as an added bonus, and adds half of that power rank score to characters at the end of every battle.

I gave that power on occasion to particularly muscular characters like the Hulk (+100 health points) and to Magneto (+50 health points) to reflect the fact that they should be a little tougher to take out than your average character. But even for a character like Power Man (+30 points) every little bit helps. Those points can sometimes make the difference between winning a fight and losing it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 31
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.