Le Système 4C (a French version of the 4C System)

Posted by soner du 
Le Système 4C (a French version of the 4C System)
May 23, 2018 11:03PM
I'm preparing a French version of the 4C System, the earlier "retroclone" of the FASERIP system.

Almost the same as the original English version, except I'm adding a few houserules, characters, advice and short adventures.

The print version will be available on lulu, probably in June 2018 : [www.lulu.com]

Latest WIP version has been published 10 days ago, by the way, if someone wants to have a look : [drive.google.com]

; ;
Re: Le Système 4C (a French version of the 4C System)
May 24, 2018 05:47AM
soner du
I'm preparing a French version of the 4C System, the earlier "retroclone" of the FASERIP system.

Almost the same as the original English version, except I'm adding a few houserules, characters, advice and short adventures.

The print version will be available on lulu, probably in June 2018 : [www.lulu.com]

Latest WIP version has been published 10 days ago, by the way, if someone wants to have a look : [drive.google.com]

; ;

Too bad French is beyond my current abilities.

One world of adventure is never enough.
May 24, 2018 11:48PM
Here are the rules I'm adding to the 4C System :

- re-introduce the opposition system from the Advanced & Basic rules
- power limitations / bonuses
- expand some tables (speed, weight) up to cosmic levels
- possibility to try special effects at half power level (fly thanks to telekinesis, etc.)

Some houserules for magic :
- cumulating spells = roll Magic (or Willpower) each time a new spell is cast = black/red/blue/yellow = max 1 spell, max 2 spells, max 3 spells, max 4 spells. Spells fizzle when too numerous. Possibility to cast half spells.
- making a spell permanent = roll Magic (or Willpower) = black/red/blue/yellow = spell goes rogue, nothing changes, spell permanent for the game session, spell permanent if 500 Fortune spent

Some precisions for powers & other rules :
- mental shield : also effective against telepathy, etc. (not only against mental control)
- phasing : only works if the power stronger than material
- armor does not protect against energy attacks (unless a bonus)
- falling damage = 10 / 10 feet, possibility of "dodging"
- a very simplified rule for grievous wounds : if a character loses Fortitude, she regains them after a few hoursat the hospital, but until the end of the adventure her Health is limited to her Fortitude
- characters recover their Fortune between adventures, only if it's lowered below the basic level (Intellect+Awareness+Willpower)
- etc
July 04, 2018 07:37PM
pdf is now available on [www.lulu.com]

Print-on-demand will be available in a month, maybe after some minor editing
August 04, 2018 09:28AM
Print-on-demand (black & white or colour) and latest pdf now available on [www.lulu.com]
December 02, 2018 12:33AM
If I ever go back to do another 4C adaptation I will definitely restore the dice roll protocol to FASERIP normal, ie 00 good 01 bad. Having 00 as a roll of zero is just wrong on so many levels. No idea why the original 4C messed with perfection like that but it steams my dimsims every time I see it.

You 4C Francais looks absolutely beautiful, lovely work!
December 02, 2018 04:25AM
I guess the 00-99 thing is about making the game as different-looking as possible from the original, while remaining statistically identical...

I'm getting used to it, it's not than distracting (IMHO).
December 20, 2018 08:57AM
Pnictogènes (4 characters, 2 mini-adventures) is available :
Conversion document
September 24, 2019 11:15PM
I'm working on a conversion document between MSH and the 4C System.

Here's the work-in-progress : [drive.google.com]

It's in French, I may translate it into English someday...
Re: Conversion document
October 20, 2019 09:34PM
It's out (in the French language) :
October 25, 2019 04:34PM
I do not speak the language, but kewl.
May 28, 2020 10:57PM
Print-on-demand versions of "Le Système 4C" now back on Lulu :Requirements have changed for comics-sized books, I had to slightly re-format and re-upload the files.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 19
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.