Swapouts: The Defenders

Swapouts: The Defenders
January 22, 2019 08:13PM
I used to do this quite often and I still did it as a thought experiment on my blog. Basically keep the same theme, flavor or character type but swap out Marvel, DC or whomever the original is for a different brand or type.

The Defenders:

Doctor Fate
Aquaman
Orion
and replacing Hulk- I don't know. DC didn't have a direct equivalent of Hulk. Maybe Kalibak? But he's way too villainous.
Some typical suggestions are Blockbuster, Solomon Grundy or Loose Cannon. I think I'd pick Loose Cannon.
Re: Swapouts: The Defenders
January 22, 2019 08:41PM
Extending the team:

Demon Etrigan (Gargoyle)
Wonder Woman (Valkyrie)
Red Robin (Nighthawk)
Catwoman (Hellcat)
January 24, 2019 03:31PM
The terminal New Defenders added mutants to the mix for no good reason. DC swapouts suggestions:

Angel = Hawkman
Beast = Congorilla

smiling smiley
Swapouts: The Legends of Tomorrow
January 24, 2019 06:37PM
This is a DC television series in the Arrowverse. Time travellers who are for the most part either antiheroes or screwups.

Swapping them out to Marvel versions:

Rick Hunter: Doctor Who or Mister Fantastic (Doctor Who is unquestionably in the Marvel Universe, predominantly the Fourth Doctor)

White Canary / Sarah Lance: Colleen Wing
Heatwave: The Melter
Captain Cold: Blizzard
Firestorm: Jack of Hearts
Hawkgirl: Wasp
Vixen: Squirrel Girl
Steel: Colossus
Atom: Ant-Man II
Doctor Stein: Olivia Octavius

John Constantine: Brother Voodoo

Director Ava: Natalia Romanova

JSA: All-Winners Squad

Vandal Savage: Comte de Saint Germain
Damien Dahrk: Silver Dagger
Swapouts: West Coast Avengers
January 25, 2019 10:21AM
West Coast Avengers via DC:

Hawkeye: Green Arrow
Mockingbird: Black Canary
War Machine: Batwing
Tigra: Ubasti
Hank Pym: Dabney Donovan
Wonder Man: Animal Man
February 12, 2019 02:24PM
Bruce Tim's & Dwayne McDuffy's answer:
Justice League S2 EP 14 & 15
Justice Unlimited S1 #8 the return, #11

he is totally doing Marvel's defenders!
[www.thewatchcartoononline.tv]

opens with Hulk, I mean Solomon Grundy, fighting the US army (complete with Gen.Thunderbolt Ross analogue).
Namor, I mean Aquaman, intervenes.
Clea/Wong, I mean Inza, greets them, and calls upon her lover,
Dr Strange, I mean Dr Fate

There they are, the first/big 3

It won't take that long, but when Hulk/Grundy calls Hawkgirl "Bird-nose", you cannot possibly miss classic/early Defenders any longer, if you could even make to the opening credits before knowing/noticing...that they also face lovecraftian horrors from beyond is also classic/original/starting Defenders.
"excuse me, hawkgirl smash."smiling bouncing smiley

JLU S1 E8
Here comes the Silver Surfer! I mean, Amazo in gawd-mode. Amazo joins the "Defenders" & Nighthawk/Valkyrie (some might add angel, but not really) AKA: Hawkgirl is revealed as one, at the end.

Great stuff!
February 12, 2019 07:18PM
Aquaman's imperious tone can't not be compared to the Sub-Mariner's, either.

It was a great episode.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 24
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.