The MCRY-1714 "Raphael" Staff

Posted by the_hammer 
May 21, 2021 07:41AM
I recently built this for one of my new players for my "experimental" online game since she and her husband recently moved to Florida following their graduation from University. The setting that I use is a unique one and please pardon the mess. For reference, this item is based on Mercy's staff from Overwatch.

Background:
Originally conceived as a thought experiment in 1985, Doctor Jason MacIntyre found his original notes from the thought experiment and offered them up to his friend and college, Masahiro Hiden, who thought that the idea was worthy and commissioned his company-Hiden Intelligence-to construct the prototype.

The staff generates a beam of reddish-gold energy that is tied to the general bioelectric fields of the human body that deals with cellular growth and renewal, thus enabling a form of rapid artificial regeneration to occur within the body over the course of a few seconds and while there are limits to the device, the general function is that it can be used to help critically injured people in battlefields and accident areas live long enough to receive proper full medical care.

Since he was already helping the organization with another project, President Hiden asked the head of scientific research for the Earth Guardian League or "EAGLE" if they would possibly like to contribute to the project and they did as Professor Ridley Hale offered up a bit of old technology that would become apart of the staff's power core and thus the project became a joint Hiden Intelligence/EAGLE operation.

The staff was later named for the Angel of Healing, Raphael, with its model number taken from a biblical passage about healing as well.

Stats:
The Raphael Staff: Composed of IN Materials, the staff has the following abilities:
--Biotherapeutic Manipulation: AM, the staff generates a beam of reddish-gold energy that locks onto on particular target and stimulates the body's bioelectric fields pertaining to cellular growth and healing, speeding up both to help with healing.
---On a RED Reason feat, the staff's user can effectively "overclock" the staff to pump out a beam of MN energy that can further enhance the regenerative process to the point where cellular regeneration on a major scale can occur.

However by doing this damages the staff's internal systems to the point where it could cause permanent damage to the staff unless it is given a chance to cool down. Thus such usage should only happen in the most dire of situations.

Reinhardt: Ahh, you kids today with your techno music! You should enjoy the classics, like Hasselhoff!
Lúcio: I can’t even take you seriously right now.
Re: The MCRY-1714 "Raphael" Staff
August 09, 2021 06:42AM
Interesting idea. A good tool for a support character

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 23
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.