Earth Force

Posted by RangerMatthias 
Earth Force
March 18, 2024 06:19PM
I always liked the group Earth Force. Anyone remember them?

It's been a while since I read the books, but as I recall, there seemed to be a hint that Earth Lord's wife was either having an affair with his partner, or at least his partner wanted that. And, as time went on, it seemed as though Earth Lord and Wind Warrior were becoming...chummy. I wonder if I'm misremembering that or reading too much into it, or was it something DeFalco had planned to explore?

The character Skyhawk was written to not be liked very much, but I kinda felt sorry a little bit for him - of the three, he was a little underpowered. Earth Lord was almost a literal mountain. Stronger even than most of Marvel's Heavy-Hitters, like Thing, Wonder Man, Colossus, Doc Samson, etc. Yet, anything Skyhawk could do, Wind Warrior could also do. He didn't really bring anything special to the group.

A while back, I created a setting involving Earth Force. I had them relocate to Washington state (interestingly enough, it's mentioned in the 50 State Initiative that Skyhawk DID move to Washington state). It occurred to me that 2 of the 3 character's powers were based on the classic elements, so, I decided to redo Skyhawk and gave him the ability to shoot fireballs (changing his name to Firehawk) and giving him a full set of wings, rather than the feathers running along his arms - not sure how he could effectively fight like that. Then, just for funsies, and to complete the elements, the Atlantean, Andromeda, joined Earth Force.

Anyway, just a peak into one corner of my Marvel Setting (Earth 9653).

I was born in a log cabin I built with my own two hands! I grew up, got bit by a werewolf, became a Ranger...that's it, so far!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 28
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.