Tavish and The Powers that Be

Posted by Tavish 
Tavish and The Powers that Be
May 01, 2008 07:28PM
I kinda rushed this, so...yeah...sorry if it's bad.

Name: Tavish Sekt

Power Category- Deity: Suppressed in human form. The Power Cosmic

Origin of Super-human Powers:Unknown

Appearance: Tavish is a pretty normal looking kid. He is often found wearing a black shirt with a gray jacket and blue jeans. He does, however have some oddities about him. He has a glow about him. Not many people notice it, but when people look at him, he seems to be more real than the surrounding life around him. However, to others this makes him seem unreal, like an apparition. This glow is an unconscious manifestation of his true form.

In his godly form, he is almost impossible to look at. He is a creature of pure goodness and light. Such a power for good is hard to look at, even if you are a being of goodness yourself. He can control this radiance, and in this form, his clothing will become white trimmed in gold, but his physical feature will remain the same.

Appearence Stat: Good - Unearthly

*Manifesting traces of his divine essence can effectively make him seem to possess greater than the Good ranked Appearance his human form normally possesses. This can bring him greater notice and recognition in social situations, but this can result in unforeseen complications as well, as attractive and commanding presences are much more easily remembered, making it more difficult to maintain a low profile. In addition, manifesting higher than Incredible Appearance can cause more extreme reactions, ranging from considerable awe to fawning admiration, or even discomfort and fear.

Height: 5’ 4
Weight: 120
Sex: Male

Human Form (Most common Form.)
Fighting: Remarkable (30)
Agility: Amazing (40)
Strength: Remarkable (30)
Endurance: Awesome(90)
Reason: Amazing (50)
Intuition: Amazing (50)
Psyche: Unearthly (100)
Omni-Power: Unearthly (100)

Deity Form (Half way State. Activated when in danger or when enough power has been stored.)
Fighting: Remarkable (30)
Agility: Sensational (70)
Strength: Remarkable (30)
Endurance: Unearthly (100)
Reason: Unearthly (100)
Intuition: Unearthly (100)
Psyche: Unearthly (100)
Omni-Power: Unearthly (100)

Truest Form (Full power Restored) If he was a full god again.

Fighting: Unearthly or Higher(100+)
Agility: Unearthly or Higher(100+)
Strength: Unearthly or Higher(100+)
Endurance: Unearthly or Higher (100+)
Reason: Unearthly or Higher(100+)
Intuition: Unearthly or Higher(100+)
Psyche: Unearthly or Higher(100+)
Omni-Power: Unearthly or Higher(100+)

Health: 200+
Resources: Good
Popularity: 2+

NOTE: He can take up part time jobs for a bit of money..

POWERS

In his regular human for, he can only use Telekinesis, The elemental abilities and the Life Manipulation with partial mastery. . Though he may accidentally use a power he didn't intend to use. He also has uncontrolled future sight in his human form.

Life Force Manipulation: He can manipulate the life force inside of peoples bodies and and even take it out of people bodies. He can heal, kill, revive, resurrect, defend and attack using life force. He can use the full life force of a normal human body and use it to kill 100 others or more. He can even cure diseases. This power is completely mastered in his deity form, but only partially mastered in human form. The Life force energy can be made into energy blasts, waves, beams and fields.

Psionic Powers: * Telepathy: To communicate without the use of physical senses.
o Mind reading
o Thought Communications
o Mental Attacks
o Mental Defenses
o Mind Control
o Projected Illusions
* Extrasensory Perception: To perceive objects and events beyond the use of ordinary senses
o Clairvoyance and/or Clairaudience
o Precognition and Premonitions
o Retrocognition
o Remote Viewing, et al.
* Psychokinetic abilities: aka. "mind over matter". Abilities that allow manipulation of the physical environmental and the general elements
o Telekinesis (as in projecting pure force or moving objects via the mind).
o Non-material energy-based abilities can include:
o Pyrokinesis(exciting molecules so that the resulting heat combusts into fire)
o Cryokinesis(deceleration of molecules, resulting in objects becoming more cold and proceed towards solidification).
o Hydrokinesis {control over water)
o Electrokinesis (control of electrons or electrical energy)
o Atmokinesis (influencing weather events and the atmosphere via the mind)
o Photokinesis (control of light and/or other forms of electromagnetic radiation)
o Geokinesis (control over earth)
o Aerokinesis (control over air)
o Biokinesis (control over organic matter)
o Hemokinesis (control and manipulation of blood)
o Umbrakinesis (control over darkness)
* Psychoportive abilities ("traveling through space/time or metaphysical plains")
o Astral Projection
o Etherealization
o Dimensional Travel
o Time Travel
* Psycho-Metabolic abilities ("mind over body")
o Accelerated healing
o Environmental resistance
o Pain resistance
o Transmutation
o Shapeshift
* Metacreativity
o Psionic Weapons
o Psionic Armour
o Psionic Monsters
o Astral Fabrication
o Projected Thermography
* Theraputic Uses
o Lessening mental instability
o Third-party mediation of internal conflicts
o Exorcising mental intrusions
o Blocking or erasing memories
o Altering personality traits or behavior patterns
o Applying defensive mental barriers

Omnipresence: He can be in many places at once, and he can also be completely absent fro physicality.

Power Copy: In his godly form he can mimic powers.

Body Hop: He can send himself into other bodies and use them as a host. or even share a body with someone. This would give them access to all his powers, but in turn, they may become a puppet to the power within them.

*His partial mastery of these powers is expressed as a Column Shift penalty in game terms, reflecting that he can't employ them at his true levels of ability. For example, if his powers are rated at, say, Unearthly (100) rank in his divine form, then perhaps the powers he can access in human form might suffer maybe a -3cs penalty, enabling him to only use them effectively at Amazing (40) rank...

*Accidentally using a power he didn't intend to use could perhaps be represented by requiring a Power Feat or Psyche Feat in order to successfully use the power he wishes, with failure resulting in, say, instead using one of the other powers he has access to in human form, which might still work to his advantage if he's lucky. For example, when trying to use Telekinesis, he fails his Feat Roll and instead accidentally activates Geokinesis (Earth Control); depending on the situation and what he was originally trying to achieve, the geokinetic effect might accomplish something vaguely similar to what he was trying to use the Telekinesis for...

*Uncontrolled future sight can easily be expressed in game terms as getting random premonitions or visions of possible futures. Depending on when they strike, and how vivid or intense the visions may be, it can be extremely distracting.

*The vast array of powers he has access to in his divine form, including his potential for copying other powers, could perhaps be gathered together under a general heading of Omni-Power, at perhaps Unearthly (100) rank to represent his formidable power. The individual listed powers and applications would then be known uses of his Omni-Power, while the 'power mimic' ability could then be used to represent his potential for eventually learning to do virtually anything with his power; once he sees an effect in use that he hasn't previously employed himself, then he can start figuring out how to manifest that same type of effect via his powers...

TALENTS

He has natural combat training, and he can also cure most diseases and wounds.

*Another potential application of possible Omni-Power would be the potential to manifest virtually any conceivable skill or talent when he encounters situations demanding such new knowledge, or in a manner similar to his 'power mimic' application of Omni-Power

As a final note and thought, if he was indeed sealed away in human form by other gods, then he may have divine enemies lurking out there, waiting to see if he starts manifesting his true potential again...

ORIGIN

Tavish is a Deity of unknown origin, though many believe him to be "Father Time". He is one of the senior gods of the universe. Not many people can tell if he is a kind or cruel deity. Many of those who have seen him have varying experiences. Some have gone mad, some have fallen in love with him, and others have vowed to live out there live trying to find a way to kill him. No one can tell. The god had taken many shapes in the history of the world. He's known by many names, some of which to say would damage the surrounding space.

One legend says, however, that other gods feared his power so much, that he was sealed away in human form, being restricted from his full, and true form. He can access some semblance of his old form, and go back to godlike state, but it's still only a margin of the power he had. No one knows whether he has a plan to return to his true form, or whther he's just subjected himself to traveling time and space. Only time will tell what his true goals are, and why he's traveled to key points in history.

CONTACTS

N/A (Though it assumed he can contact other deities, it's not been seen or even heard of.)

PERSONALITY

His current Human personality is a that of a child. He is very rebellious, he is rash, he is passionate. he also is completely oblivious to his own godly power. His life up until his twelfth birthday had been pretty normal, and also until then, he was pretty happy and certain of himself and his position in the world. Now, however, he is moody, reckless and confused. He is also odd. He will go on into paranoid rants, and he has become very distant from his parents. His in power seems to be disrupting his human personality, and his godly persona seems to be trying to push itself to the forefront.

There are some moments where he will even black out only to find himself in some place he'd never been to before. He is also very intelligent. He is sometimes very arrogant about that intelligence, while in other situations he very self conscious.What his real stable personality will be in the end, we may soon find out.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2008 10:49AM by Tavish.
Re: Tavish and The Powers that Be
May 04, 2008 12:43PM
What method did you use to create this character?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
May 04, 2008 02:55PM
I don't quite understand the question, though i came up with this character after reading a book series called The Young Wizards. So, I just took a concept and made it different. I like to make up characters, so a lot of the things on here are directly out of my head.
May 04, 2008 07:06PM
Gonna offer up some quick ideas on certain areas, as they occur to me... Hope they help you out in some way..

Tavish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Appearance: Tavish is a pretty normal looking kid. He is often found wearing a black shirt with a gray jacket and blue jeans. He does, however have some oddities about him. He has a glow about him. Not many people notice it, but when people look at him, he seems to be more real than the surrounding life around him. However, to others this makes him seem unreal, like an apparition. This glow is an unconscious manifestation of his true form.
>
> In his godly form, he is almost impossible to look at. He is a creature of pure goodness and light. Such a power for good is hard to look at, even if you are a being of goodness yourself. He can control this radiance, and in this form, his clothing will become white trimmed in gold, but his physical feature will remain the same.
>
> Appearence Stat: Good - Unearthly

*Manifesting traces of his divine essence can effectively make him seem to possess greater than the Good ranked Appearance his human form normally possesses. This can bring him greater notice and recognition in social situations, but this can result in unforeseen complications as well, as attractive and commanding presences are much more easily remembered, making it more difficult to maintain a low profile. In addition, manifesting higher than Incredible Appearance can cause more extreme reactions, ranging from considerable awe to fawning admiration, or even discomfort and fear.

>
POWERS
> In his regular human for, he can only use Telekinesis, The elemental abilities and the Life Manipulation with partial mastery. . Though he may accidentally use a power he didn't intend to use. He also has uncontrolled future sight in his human form.

*Perhaps his partial mastery of these powers might be expressed as a Column Shift penalty in game terms, reflecting that he can't employ them at his true levels of ability. For example, if his powers are rated at, say, Unearthly (100) rank in his divine form, then perhaps the powers he can access in human form might suffer maybe a -3cs penalty, enabling him to only use them effectively at Incredible (40) rank...

*Accidentally using a power he didn't intend to use could perhaps be represented by requiring a Power Feat or Psyche Feat in order to successfully use the power he wishes, with failure resulting in, say, instead using one of the other powers he has access to in human form, which might still work to his advantage if he's lucky. For example, when trying to use Telekinesis, he fails his Feat Roll and instead accidentally activates Geokinesis (Earth Control); depending on the situation and what he was originally trying to achieve, the geokinetic effect might accomplish something vaguely similar to what he was trying to use the Telekinesis for...

*Uncontrolled future sight can easily be expressed in game terms as getting random premonitions or visions of possible futures. Depending on when they strike, and how vivid or intense the visions may be, it can be extremely distracting.

*The vast array of powers he has access to in his divine form, including his potential for copying other powers, could perhaps be gathered together under a general heading of Omni-Power, at perhaps Unearthly (100) rank to represent his formidable power. The individual listed powers and applications would then be known uses of his Omni-Power, while the 'power mimic' ability could then be used to represent his potential for eventually learning to do virtually anything with his power; once he sees an effect in use that he hasn't previously employed himself, then he can start figuring out how to manifest that same type of effect via his powers...

> TALENTS: He has natural combat training, and he can also cure most diseases and wounds.

*Another potential application of possible Omni-Power would be the potential to manifest virtually any conceivable skill or talent when he encounters situations demanding such new knowledge, or in a manner similar to his 'power mimic' application of Omni-Power

As a final note and thought, if he was indeed sealed away in human form by other gods, then he may have divine enemies lurking out there, waiting to see if he starts manifesting his true potential again...

Just a few quick thoughts I had. I hope some of it helps you out or gives you further ideas of your own.
May 04, 2008 07:10PM
That's Brilliant. That help alot! Would you mind if I used these idea as well as my new ones from this?
May 04, 2008 07:12PM
Tavish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's Brilliant. That help alot! Would you
> mind if I used these idea as well as my new ones
> from this?

Go right ahead and use anything you like from what i tossed out.. I'm glad it helps you out. smiling smiley
May 04, 2008 07:27PM
All I was asking is if the character was random rolled, modeled, brain farted or some combination. You answer is clear, thank you.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
May 04, 2008 07:47PM
Great, though, after i make the modification tot he character, and maybe then make one or two of his enemies, what then?
May 05, 2008 10:44AM
Not quite sure what you're asking for with that question. You've got the makings of a good character sheet there -- the basic stats and power descriptions, etc., as well as some good work on providing physical description, background and personality for the character.

What else are you looking for opinions or advice with?
May 05, 2008 12:35PM
Oh, I mean the opportunity to use the character in something i mean....
May 05, 2008 01:36PM
Ah.. okay. Well, I don't know if there are any current MSH-based Play by E-mail games going on that are looking for new players, but you could try Yahoo Groups, if you're familiar with it, and see what sort of games you might find. There can be all sorts of variations in settings, general power levels, etc., so hopefully you can eventually find something where you can work with a GM to agree on something mutually enjoyable.
May 05, 2008 01:41PM
ehhe...The problem is, I'm not to familiar with it...so.....where would I go exactly.....?
May 05, 2008 02:10PM
First go to Yahoo! and click on the link for Groups. On the right-center of the page you'll see a place to search for a group. Type in something along the lines of "Marvel RPG" and a number of groups will appear. After that it is just a question of finding the right group for you, one that fits what you are looking for.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 21
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.