The Earth 75175 Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: The Earth 75175 Campaign Thread
February 16, 2009 06:32PM
So what's the deal then? Is this the game where you have to play an existing SW character? Forgive me if this is a dumb question.
February 17, 2009 02:26PM
Punstar,

The only dumb question is the one unasked. The characters are all original characters. My gameworld is set 10 years after the first secret wars. The characters that went to the first secret wars never came back, for the most part. Hope that answers your questiions.

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
February 17, 2009 02:59PM
Alright, thanks. I vaguely remember someone wanting to play Nightcrawler in one of the games, but I couldn't recall which game it was. Thanks again for the response. smiling smiley
February 18, 2009 03:06AM
I believe that was in Dead Sidekicks game..Though I could be wrong. And I never mind responding as long as I have time/internet access.

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
February 19, 2009 03:10AM
I just about to send my 3 characters to you. Enjoy!

Any questions just let me know.
~cypher
February 19, 2009 03:35AM
To all..

Please send all character submissions as text files..I have gotten virii ffrom docs before and have therefore not bothered to get microsoft word activated.

February 22, 2009 12:10PM
So if Iron Man was Stark in Secret War, does that mean there is no Iron Man around, or that he's now Rhodes? In either case, what's become of Stark Industries in his absence? Is it run by someone else or has one of the other marvel companies taken it's place?

When in danger, run in circles. When in doubt, scream. When cornered.... Smile.
February 22, 2009 03:47PM
As Posted James Rhodes is now the Iron Man (See New Avengers). And as not posted yet, Stark Enterprises is run by Micheal Stark, Tony's illegitimate son who showed up shortly after his dissappearance and who seems as brilliant as his father.

February 22, 2009 03:50PM
How often would the posts be in your game? And will you have a posting order for players?
February 22, 2009 06:25PM
Gene,

I'll have my character e-mailed to you soon.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
February 23, 2009 01:46AM
Punny,

Posts will be once a week minimum as outlined in my previous posts on this thread and posting order will vary by situation.

Dead Sidekick,

Cool. Looking foreward to receiving it.

February 24, 2009 04:31PM
cool smiley A Kudos and a Grand No Prize go out to Lady Moryssa for being the first player to submit and have accepted her character for my game...Welcome to the Game Mory

And for your viewing pleasure...The character

NAME: Vivica True
HERO NAME: Impulse
ORIGIN: Random Mutant-Natal
EFFECTS: N/A
IDENTITY: Secret
LEGAL STATUS: British citizen with no criminal record. American Visa.
ALIASES: Psyche, Governess (STRYKE)
PLACE OF BIRTH: London, England
MARITAL STATUS: Single
KNOWN RELATIVES: Gerald True (father), Martha True (mother), Gregory True (brother), Tiana True (sister)
BASE OF OPERATIONS: New York, New York
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION: X-Men, Hellfire Club, S.T.R.Y.K.E. (Freelance)

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5'6"
WEIGHT: 130 lbs.
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Black
SKIN: Brown

STATS
FIGHTING: Ex/20
AGILITY: Ex/20
STRENGTH: Ty/6
ENDURANCE: Rm/30
REASON: Rm/30
INTUITION: In/40
PSYCHE: Am/50
APPEARANCE: Rm/30

HEALTH: 76
RESOURCES: Ex/20
POPULARITY: +3/+3/-20

TALENTS: 5
1-*Heir to Fortune
3-Espionage/Detective
4-Psychiatry
5-Art

CONTACTS: 5
1-X-Men
2-Emma Frost
3-Martin Odelahu, S.T.R.Y.K.E. (Espionage)
4-Hellfire Club (Social)
5-The True Family

POWERS: 8+1
1-Telepathy: Am/50
2-Hypnotic Control: In/40
3-*Power Domination: Rm/30
5-Invisibility - Telepathic: In/40
6-Neural Manipulation: In/40
7-Mental Probe: Rm/30
8-Reflection - Telepathic Only: Am/50
9-Astral Body: Am/50

WEAKNESS(ES)

PERSONALITY NOTES

HISTORY

Vivica True was born to the Mayfair Trues, a notable and wealthy British family. Her father was a prolific writer and cultural critic, her mother the owner of one of Mayfair's more avante garde art galleries. Prestige and elitism was thrust upon her from a young age. Still, she was hardly doted upon. Though the most artistic of her siblings, she was the middle child and was largely left to her own devices. It suited her fine; she wasn't under the ever-watchful eye of her mother or expected to live up to the almost impossible standards of her somewhat overbearing father.

Vivica discovered her telepathic abilities early. It started with her picking up a few of the images in her family's minds subconsciously and drawing them. Soon she was 'hearing' the uncompanying thoughts associated with the images. An incredibly clever child, Vivica soon surmised that if she could hear and see others' thoughts, surely they could see and hear hers. She was right. Her parents were not exactly thrilled, but an associate in their chapter of the Hellfire Club mentioned a certain American school where the 'powerful and the potentially powerful' were trained and groomed.

It didn't take long for Vivica to find herself in the company of Emma Frost, a powerful telepath who saw all kinds of potential in the young girl. She trained amongst the other psions in her class but soon excelled past most of them and Emma's private tutelage in the telepathic arts gave her an even larger advantage. Amongst the other students of the Massacheusets Academy, only the young man codenamed Spectrum really seemed to connect with her. The two became fast friends, although Vivica harbored a secret crush on the energy manipulating mutant.

It was on their senior trip to Canada that things went sour. Spectrum was witness to a murder involving a young girl, and being the only known mutant in the area, he was arrested. Soon after it was reported that he'd been killed by a mob of armed humans while in custody. Vivica became bitter. As anti-mutant propoganda continued to spread that bitterness turned to hatred. Though she took accelerated classes in medicine, Vivica took on an adjunt role in membership with the Brotherhood. On more than one occasion, under the guise of Psyche, she used her formidable mental abilities to further the Brotherhood's mutant supremacist agenda. Homo sapiens didn't deserve their power.

However, it was upon witnessing the death of what she thought was an anti-mutant rights leader, that Vivica had a change of heart. Experiencing his dying thoughts, she found that the Brotherhood had lied; that this man might have had the vision to bridge mutant and human together. And his dedication to protecting all of the disenfranchised reminded her of her late friend, filling her with a shame she didn't know she had. It wasn't long before she left the ranks of the Brotherhood to join up with the late Charles Xavier's vision. Though never a core member of the team, under the codename Psyche, Vivica worked with the X-Men when entreated.

She's since returned to England and started a psychiatric practice, though her skills have been called upon by fellow Brotherhood defect and friend, Toad as well as Emma Frost and STRYKE for consultation and interrogation. Through Emma Frost's sponsorship, and familial lineage, Vivica is a member of the Hellfire Club. She's had an off and on relationship with Martin Odelahu of STRYKE ever since they first worked together to track down and stop the lifeforce draining serial killer known as Leech. Currently they're on, but it's his turn to break things off.

OTHER NOTES
- Close friends with Toad
- Amicable with Aloysha Kravinoff

February 24, 2009 04:51PM
That, quite frankly, is a pretty nasty character. By that I mean: I like it. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
February 25, 2009 12:40PM
Shot you an email, Gene.
February 25, 2009 12:43PM
Cool. Will respond as soon as it shows up and I have a moment to read it.

February 25, 2009 12:46PM
Uh oh. I hope it's shown by now. I sent it hours ago. eye popping smiley

But alrighty, thanks man.
February 25, 2009 12:49PM
Not yet. Did you send it to genek5@yahoo.com ?

February 25, 2009 12:51PM
I did. That's not good... I wonder why it's taking so long. confused smiley
February 25, 2009 12:53PM
Dont have a clue...Try resending it..I gott get back to work..I will be back in an hour or so.

February 25, 2009 12:54PM
I resent it to you in a PM here at CMF.
February 26, 2009 04:58AM
OK..Character #2 The Amazing Prometheus courtesy of Bilbo Maggins

NAME: Synthezoid Model AL3a
HERO NAME: Prometheus
ORIGIN: Android-Technical Mishap (Wasnt supposed to be totally free willed)
EFFECTS: -1CS pop, +1CS any one stat, +1 power, at least one contact (creator)
IDENTITY: Public
LEGAL STATUS:
ALIASES: “Call me Al.” -Albert Markus Chine
PLACE OF BIRTH: Somewhere in the New Jersey Pine Barrens.
MARITAL STATUS: Single but growing curious.
KNOWN RELATIVES: Prometheus is the only known sentient Synthezoid. The others remain simple, if lifelike, automatons, as far as is known.
BASE OF OPERATIONS:
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: Formerly considered an asset of Gen Tech. Currently performing freelance work for them as needed in return for access to advanced laboratory facilities or repairs.
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION: None at this time

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5’ 9”
WEIGHT: 200 lb.
EYES: Hazel
HAIR: Orange
SKIN: Alabaster

STATS
FIGHTING: Rm (30)
AGILITY: Rm (30)
STRENGTH: Rm(30)
ENDURANCE: Am(50)
REASON: In(40)
INTUITION: Ty(6)
PSYCHE: Ex(20)
APPEARANCE: Ty(6)

HEALTH: 140
RESOURCES: Gd(10)
POPULARITY: Ty(6)

TALENTS: 4
1-Physics: Am
2-Biology: Am
3-Genetics: Am
4-Robotics: Am

CONTACTS: 1
1-Gen Tech - And the board members he has only met one, the chairman of the board Mr. Alan Mannx.

POWERS: 7 +1
1-Resistance to Energy: Am(50)
-Full rank vs Cold and Radiation, Ty(6) vs Other Energies

2-Hyper Invention: Am(50).
-Total Effective Reason: Un(90)
-When manufacturing/repairing technological items, reduce required costs by —2CS.

3-Self-Sustenance: Permenant: Am(50)
-Requires only 1/50th the sustenance/air/sleep as normal

4-Rocket: Ex (20)
-Allowing flight at speeds of 150MPH (10 areas a turn), thrust generated from arms. Only Ty(6) is using only 1 arm 90MPH (6 areas a turn)

5-Heat Generation: In (40)
-up to 11 areas away.

6-Absorption Power: Heat: Am(50)
-Heat, instead of doing damage adds to his health, upto rank per round.

7-Human Changling: Gd (10)
-Has a limited # of forms (Rank #) and requires reprogramming to change them ((Come up with 9 additional appearances he can have..Appearance rank Sh-0 - Gd-10 your choice though total weight/mass stays the same))

8-Linguistics: Ex(20)
-Non-Overwritable +1cs
-Can learn languages at a vastly accelerated rate and ease.
--Can store upto 20 languages
1-English
2-German
3-Japanese
4-Spanish
5-Greek

WEAKNESS (ES)
None

PERSONALITY NOTES
Prometheus wants to help. It doesn’t seem fair that only the wealthy seem to reap any benefit from the amazing technologies available to Marvel-Earth. He seeks to bestow this “power” on everyday, normal men and women. He likewise finds the use of such technological might in the terrorizing or subjugation of those unable to defend themselves to be deplorable and seeks to demonstrate that such technology need not be feared, for it can just as easily be employed in the defense of your fellow man. In terms of ethics and morality he is everything a human man should be, yet in terms of relationships and socializing he still struggles with a seemingly insurmountable awkwardness.

HISTORY
Designed to function, as labor in arctic conditions judged too harsh for human employees. His creators has a small number of such Synthezoids, of which he was a third generation design, equipped with specially designed heating elements coiled within the arms which generate tremendous internal heat and projecting high enough levels of it to perform a variety of utilitarian functions. There was an Event early in Model AL3a’s “life” which resulted both in his gaining sentience and in the production of all 3rd generation Synthezoids being halted.
A little over a year ago, AL3a assisted a group of company men survive an incredibly dangerous event in which they faced a super-human menace within arctic conditions and without full access to their survival equipment. He dealt with the menace, while keeping the company men from freezing, and escorted them to safety. When asked by his owners what he would like most as a reward, he asked to be granted freedom. As one of those he saved was a board member’s very own son his wish was granted and they even arranged to gain him US Citizenship under an assumed artificial Identity.
Since then, He has called himself Prometheus. He uses his intellect and technical skill to device wondrous devices to assist everyday, normal folks. Included among these achievements is a fully functional exo-skeleton for a plumber turned paraplegic by a car accident, a mini robo-factory for a group of mechanics wanting to design their own cars, and a set of man-portable flight-packs for a small cadre of bike messengers.

February 26, 2009 05:00AM
Now from our international friend....Shadow Mantis v2.0

NAME: Josh Chord
HERO NAME: Shadow Mantis
ORIGIN: Mutant, Breed - Natal
OCCUPATION: student at the Empire State [drawing/painting and so]
IDENTITY: secret
LEGAL STATUS: Citizen of USA, with no criminal record
ALIASES: none
PLACE OF BIRTH: Chicago, USA
KNOWN RELATIVES:
Andrew Chord (grandfather)
Miyami Chord (grandmother, deceased)
Donyell Taylor / Bandit (father)
Silhouette "Sil" Chord / Silhouette (mother)
Aaron Chord / Midnight's Fire (uncle)
BASE OF OPERATIONS: New York
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: unknown
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION: unknown

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5'8" / 173cm
WEIGHT: 185 L / 83,25kg
EYES: blue
HAIR: blue
SKIN: tan

STATS
FIGHTING: Excellent 20
AGILITY: Incredible 40
STRENGTH: Good 10
ENDURANCE: Remarkable 30
REASON: Excellent 20
INTUITION: Remarkable 30
PSYCHE: Excellent 20

HEALTH: 20+40+10+30 = 100
RESOURCES: Excellent 20 /inherited wealth, and small income with his webcomic/
POPULARITY: +06 as a talented manga designer / +0 as a hero

TALENTS (6)+1
1-*Languages: English, Japanese, Korean, +1 other
3-Artist (comics drawing, specialized in manga-style)
4-Acrobatics +1CS dodging, evading, and escaping
5-Blunt Weapons +1cs Fighting with blunt weapons
6-*Martial Arts - B/E Rm-30 skill with unarmed attacks and +1 init
(Northern Praying Mantis)

CONTACTS (4)-1
1-Parents: Silhouette (mother), Bandit (father)
2-Marion Chui, head writer of a famous manga magazine
3-Steve ‘Gadget’ Ross, a guy with Repair/Tinkering,
Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and crazy inventing habits

POWERS (10)
1-Extradimensional Detection - Poor
-1-Astral Plane
-2-Darkforce Dimension
-3-Shadow Realm
-4-Realm of the Shadow Queen

2-Penetration Vision - Excellent-20
blocking element: silver/

3-Shadowshaping - Amazing

4-Shadowcasting - Incredible

5-Animal Mimicry - Incredible
--Mantis Only & Assumes a semi-insectoid appearance +1cs
---(Faceted eyes and Chitinous exoskeleton)
--The following powers are gained at power rank when A.M active
Armor Skin (blue chitine with gold stripes)
Circular Vision
Hyper-Leaping
Natural Weaponry: Claws
Wall Crawling

6-*Regeneration: Ex-20
--Only Pr-4 unless inside "Coccoon"
--Heals rank # faster than Normal
--Can Regrow on a Red Feat

8-Body Coating: Coccoon: Mn-75
--Coccoon is immobile +1cs
--Can create a hard coccoon in which he
heals at a vastly accelerated rate

9-*Teleport Self: Ex
--Range -2cs(Ty-6) Skill +2cs (In-40)
--Requires access to shadows at entry and exit +1cs
--Can enter shadows and exit from others.
--Crosses partially through Shadow Realm
--Maximum Range: 250 Miles

WEAKNESS(ES)
Energy Allergy - Cold / Incapacitation / Limited duration after Contact
When exposed to cold in excess of his Endurance (Rm) he begins
to lose health at a rate of 1 point per round. This lasts for the extent
of the exposure plus an additional 1-100 rounds.
The damage due to this will not directly kill, but can put him into a
comatose state.

INVENTORY
Resources: Excellent [20 rp / week; 500 rp max. with loan or other sources]

BASE OF OPERATIONS:
(designed on the score of the MSH Encyclopedia vol.3. - Buildings and Locations)
4 room house, somewhere in the green border area of the city
room_1: living room/bedroom;
room_2: kitchen/dining room;
room_3: gym;
room_4: garage;
free: bathroom/wc]
built-in defenses: Fire Protection - Good (Ex); Security - access code and burglar alarm (Ex)

VEHICLES:
motorcycle: blue-gold colored vehicle, with a dark-blue mantis picture on the tank
[cost: Ex; Control: Gd; Speed: Rm; Body: Ty; Protection: 0]

INVENTORY
a deep blue colored nunchaku with golden-colored chain //Remarkable Material Strength//

utility belt:
Conventional Gas Mask,
Rebreather /provides oxygen for 2 hrs/,
12 shurikens (Good Edged Throwing damage.
Six may be folded and carried in a single belt pouch)

A radio receiver/transceiver: capable to trace the
mantis-tracer signals, capable to attach itself
emergency frequences (911, police, etc.).

mantis-tracer device: coin-sized gadget, shaped
like a small blue-gold mantis. it emits a special
FM frequency signal, which can be traced by the
radio receiver from Ex range (6 mile)

shadow seal: coin-sized gadget, it emits (Pr intensity)
light-rays in certain directions if activated. this is very
helpful, because these rays almost always can create
some shadow, and that can be used with his ability

OTHER GADGETS:
home PC [special software for picture editing]
internet
anime comics

February 27, 2009 05:46AM
And from our talented Lady Niniri...

NAME: Catherine Beatrix Jayme Philippa Destine-Braddock
HERO NAME: None, yet.
ORIGIN: Compound: Humanoid Race/Breed Mutant -Maturity
EFFECTS: Collumn 1, Endurance +1cs, -1cs Popularity
IDENTITY: No dual ID used
LEGAL STATUS: Citizen of UK/USA with no criminal record
ALIASES: Jayme Cera (current publicly used name), Dr. Doolittle (to some friends/family)
PLACE OF BIRTH: New York City
KNOWN RELATIVES: Sir James Braddock, PhD (dad, deceased), Katherine

Jasmine Destine (mom, aka Kay Cera), Jamie, Elisabeth, Brian (half-siblings), Meggan (half-

sister-in-law), Newton, Walter, William, Albert, Dominic Destine (uncles), Gracie, Florence (dec),

Samantha (aunts), Pandora and Roderick "Rory" Destine (biologically her aunt/uncle, but
they call her Aunt, due to age differences), Sir Adam Destine & Elalyth of Edyn (grandparents)
BASE OF OPERATIONS: England
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: N/A
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION: Hellfire Club (social), RSPCA

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5'9"
WEIGHT: 155
EYES: Blue-Violet
HAIR: Brown-Black
SKIN: Pale Olive
OTHER: Pointed ears

STATS

FIGHTING: Ex
AGILITY: Rm
STRENGTH: Ty
ENDURANCE: In
REASON: Ex
INTUITION: In
PSYCHE: In
APPEARANCE: Ex

HEALTH: 96
RESOURCES: Rm
POPULARITY: 06 (non-hero)

1-*Animal Handling

3-Equestrian

4-*Heir to Fortune

CONTACTS: 5
1-Humane Societies

2-Otherworld (Currently blocked from this reality)

3-Law Enforcement

4-Family (Clan Destine/Braddocks)

5-Hellfire Club (Social)

POWERS: 14

1-Empathy: Am

2-Animal Communication and Control: In
-In rank for communication and animal empathy Rm for control

3-Telepathy: In
(note: Fully telepathic with other psychics, only non-verbal telepathy and empathy with with

non-psychics.)

4-Astral Body: Rm

5-Mind Probe: Ex
-Only vs psychics

6-*Linguistics: Ex
-Can learn language and non-language talents from
other psychics if they agree or she can probe them.
Gained Talents (Max 20)
-1-Martial Arts C
-2-Martial Arts E
-3-Detective Espionage
-4-Language:
-5-Language:
-6-Language:
-7-Language:
-8-Language:
-9-Occult Lore
-10-First Aid
-11-Jounalism
-12-Crime
-13-Computers
-14-History
8-Environmental Awareness: Rm

9-Psi-screen: Am

10-Forcefield Generation: In

11-Force Field vs. Hostiles: In

12-Micro-environment: Ex

13-*Regeneration: Rm
-Heals 30x faster than normal

WEAKNESS(ES):
Vision: Needs glasses or contacts after her past injuries. Is also mildly
sensitive to light and sound as a result (+1cs effect from light/sound).

PERSONALITY NOTES: Jayme is a bit shy and on the quiet side in her personal life. She prefers

to observe rather than directly interacting with others. She's a loyal, caring friend to those

whom she's come to trust and respect. She can be cordial with those she's just met, but

somewhat reserved. She has a quirky sense of humour that comes out at odd
moments. She's worked hard to overcome her ill-ease with public appearances and speaking,

as she feels a moral duty to lend her help to her favourite causes.

One thing that she will not stand for is abuse/mistreatment of animals. In that light, she can be

very assertive and will take action. Jayme finds PETA reprehensible, though she is an active

supporter of other humane societies and the RSPCA/ASPCA. She volunteers some of her time,

helping foster and rehabilitate animals. On other occasions, she is an active part of

investigating animal abuse. She writes a popular syndicated column giving
advice on animal behaviour and has appeared on some of Animal Planet's popular shows as a

commentator and animal expert.

HISTORY: Jayme was born of a brief affair between her parents, whom had met socially

through
the London Hellfire Club. She never met her father, who was killed, along with his wife,
in a lab accident in their Malden, Essex home when she was a small child. Jayme grew up

between
New York, England and the Continent while her mother built her fashion house into an empire.
Kay was more like a fairy godmother, who swooped in with lavish presents and attention

between
her social and business obligations.

Jayme was raised by her nanny and The Help, whom she respected and genuinely loved for

the
constant presence in her life. She also enjoyed visits from her wickedly funny "great auntie",
Dr. Gracie Gamble and her mum's artist friend, Samantha (both of whom were really her aunts)
as well as "cousins" in the form of Walter, Florence and the young Pandora and Rory, over the
years. She was unaware at the time, that English supermodel, Elisabeth Braddock, was actually
her half-sister on the occasions they met through her mother's social events.

During her childhood, she also began developing psi-talents. She was sensitive to the moods
of others, and discovered she could 'talk' to animals, from her cats to the horses she rode
in equestrian and dressage events. Her mother taught her how to shield and mindspeak, how

to
read minds and moods, and focus a sort of psychic punch that could knock out one or more

people.
And while she had the usual childhood bumps, bruises and such--she always recovered far

more
quickly, never scarring or showing an outward sign of it.

She began to realise the 'fairy tales' her mother and other family members told her were more
than just stories as she grew older. She never mentioned the beautiful "fairies" she sometimes
encountered in the gardens--one a beautiful genie with light jade green skin, a sweet smile
and a mindvoice like the angels some of her classmates believed in; the other like an elven
princess, wearing white and gold armor, who told her stories about her father as a great hero,
warrior and scholar. Then there was the curious little old man, who visited her dreams and told
her other stories about her 'ancestors'... They were her special secret--something that was hers
and hers alone, in an unusual childhood that featured everything from celebrities to

superheroes
and some of her mother's more interesting friends, like that neat lady, Sersi, who could turn

blown
glass rose into the real thing, or did wonderful "magic" tricks at her mother's parties.

When she was a "tween", she started attending a fine French boarding school, then a Swiss
finishing school before she entered University. She excelled in her studies and wrote for the
school paper, while continuing to pursue fencing and equestrian sports throughout her

adolescence.
She found it easier to use some of the things her mother taught her with animals than with

people,
and carefully practiced working with animals in ways that wouldn't hurt them.

Jayme was well liked by her schoolmates, without much of the usual drama they encountered.

Her
psi-talents were something of a blessing and a curse, though, when she discovered one of the

girls
on the equestrian team she competed with was abusing one of the stable's horses. She began

to
document and investigate matters, learning much--quite literally--from the metaphorical

horse's
mouth over the course of several months. That came to an ironic turn when Jayme found

herself
having to choose betwen saving the life of the girl who'd abused the horse--and the spooked

horse
that had thown it's abusive rider and had finally had enough.

She discovered her ability to project forcefields quite by accident--and when combined with

her
empathic abilities, she was able to keep the crazed horse away from herself and the injured

girl
in the riding ring. Jayme couldn't calm it and keep it away from its abuser at the same time--so
she did the only thing she really could--try and get physical control of the horse and get the
horse out into the adjacent paddock. Unfortuantely, it didn't work out the way she wanted. The
girl who'd abused the poor horse was in a coma, with life-threatening injuries, Jayme was

badly
injured and wound up in the hospital, herself. She reached out to her 'secret friends' in the
psychic planes...and found the curious little old man's glowing Astral form hovering with her,
above her body in the ICU. He consoled her over her anger, guilt and grief on the part of the
whole thing--reinforcing that she *had* tried to do the right thing for both rider and horse, but
the fate of both was out of their hands now.

It was the first time she learned that he was her uncle, Albert Destine, and inspite of the rift
between him and her mother, he and Auntie Gracie oft watched over her and had seen that

she was
cut from a different moral cloth than the hedonistic Kay. Her own stregth of will and the

strength
of her innate healing had brought her back from brink. She knew it would take time, but she

would
heal and recover. Jayme let her mother handle the legal matters against the other girl's family
and the stable while she concentrated on recovery and physical therapy. She also found it very
difficult to feel sympathy for the other girl's resulting condition or the girl's family--even
when the media called her a hero.

Jayme returned to England, living in the Braddocks' townhouse and attending University of

London
in the aftermath. A generous legal settlement and a large portion of Kay's wealth were settled
into a trust that would provide for Jayme, allow her to enjoy a quality education and

comfortable
circumstances. She ultimately confirmed her family connections when she met Elisabeth

again, in
her mid-late teens. Her 'faerie godsmother' in the white and gold armor had gently 'lead' her

along
the path to finding her father's family--turning out to be none other than her father's patron,
Roma. Jayme settled into life and learning--not only in more traditional means, via the

University
--but also from telepathic sharing with her various psychic family members--her mother, Aunt

Gracie,
Uncle Albert, her half-sister, Elisabeth and sister-in-law, Meggan as well as (though she did her
fair share of teaching things to Meggan).

They discovered, while on holiday, that while Jayme was fully telepathic with other psychics--

such
as her mother, half-sister and Aunt Gracie--and animals, she wasn't fully telepathic with other
people any more: Highly empathic, and able to telepathically read images, nonverbal

information
and complex emotions, but not actually mindspeak or read 'words' as it were when they played

a
mindreading game at the sea shore, one summer. She also figured out a new way to get more

out of
snorkeling--by using her forcefields to contain a comfortable environment for herself while in
the company of friendly dolphins and enjoying hitching a ride in trophical waters!

She misses her half-siblings--Elisabeth, who disappeared 4 years ago, and Brian and Meggan,

who
went missing about two years ago. Jayme has become the beneficiery of the Braddock family

trusts
and keeps in touch with a reputable company that manages the family properties and

holdings. She
uses the Braddock townhouse when she's in London. Jayme has more recently joined her

mother in
New York City and had been attending Columbia, where she got her Master's degree and

embarked upon
building a career as a columnist/activist and using the fame associated with her mother's

name, to
positive ends. She has taken over one of her mother's residences in Manhattan and enjoys

relatively
peaceful times in her second home.

OTHER NOTES: Jayme is half Otherworlder, 1/4 Djinn 1/4 Human. Her 'issues' with her

telepathy
were a result of her injuries. Thought it might make her a bit more interesting and differ her
from the 'usual' psychics. She is also very long-lived due to her Djinn and Otherworldly sides,
she will age very slowly and has a lifespan that might well span centuries.

Jayme is *not* a mutant, and does not show up on mutant detection sensors or to psychic

senses
such as those of Charles Xavier--that are specifically tuned to sensing mutants, though she

could
be sensed as a psi-talent when actively using her psionic abilities.

Jayme has never actively been a superhero, preferring to live under the radar like most of her
mother's family, Clan Destine. She doesn't quite understand Rory's obcession with it (nor

Pandora's
to a lesser degree). She has always preferred to be something of an oridinary hero--helping the
normal folks (like the ASPCA's "animal cops" in NYC and other similar folks) do their jobs

better.
She's never felt the need to wear a costume, though Kay would cheerfully design her a

costume if she expressed an interest in such!

OTHER NOTES: Jayme is half Otherworlder, 1/4 Djinn 1/4 Human. Her 'issues' with her

telepathy were a result of her injuries. Thought it might make her a bit more interesting and

differ her from the 'usual' psychics.

February 27, 2009 11:49AM
And from ebondrake79...Velocity, the living ad for Sunny D.

NAME: Kent Johnson
HERO NAME: Velocity
ORIGIN: Compound - Cyborg (Limb and Organ), Modified Human (Extra Body Parts-Internal

Organs), Mutant (Induced) - Tech Procedure
EFFECTS: Collumn 1, x2 Health, -1cs Popularity
LEGAL STATUS: Citizen of USA with no criminal record, presumed MIA from Army
ALIASES: John Kent
PLACE OF BIRTH:
KNOWN RELATIVES: Mother. Father
BASE OF OPERATIONS: New York, New York
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: US Army
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION: None

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5'11"
WEIGHT: 350
EYES: Glowing Red
HAIR: None
SKIN: Silver-Metallic

STATS
FIGHTING: Rm-30
AGILITY: In-40
STRENGTH: Ex-20
ENDURANCE: Ex-20 + Rm-30 = Am-50
REASON: Gd-10
INTUITION: Rm-30
PSYCHE: Ex-20
APPEARANCE: Gd-10

HEALTH: 140 x2 = 280
RESOURCES: Pr-6
POPULARITY: +4 / +4

TALENTS: 4
1-Military: Ex-20

2-Guns: Am-50

3-*Weapons Specialist: Armor Skin Blades: Am melee/ Mn Ranged +1 init

CONTACTS: 1
1-Open

POWERS: 10
1-Armor Skin: Rm
-Rm defense vs Physical and Energy / Am vs Heat, Radiation (See A.P.)

2-*Absorption Power: x2: Am
-Heat/Radiation

4-Invisibility: Physics: In

5-*Hyper Running/Hyper Speed: Rm
-Max speed: 15 areas/round 225 mph
-Init: +30
-# Actions/Round: 2 (Automatic), 4 w Yellow Fighting Feat
-Effective velocity/speed modifier (Others) /30

7-Energy Detection: Ex
-Vision Based. Can "tune" vision to detect numerous energy types.
-Currently limited to Thermal, Low Light, and Radiation. Others can be stunted.

8-*Natural Weaponry/Missile Creation: Armor Skin Blades: In
-Can generate at will blades from armor skin extending from 1" to 12" doing upto In Edged

damage. Can also "fire" upto 40 of these blades per hour doing In throwing edged damage.

Can also generate "blobs" of the "quicksilver" that do In stunning or force damage though

these are subtracted from the # of blades he can "fire".
-Max range: 11 Areas

10-Lung Adaptability: Rm
-Breathes through "skin" now giving him Rm resistance to airborne toxins and allowing him to

breathe a variety of gasses/liquids.

WEAKNESS(ES)
-Energy Dampening-Power Negation-Continuous with contact
-If Armor Skin negated, so are all other powers and FASE is reduced to Ty-6 Health 24

HISTORY
Velocity is the product of the Iranian governments super soldier program.
He was the first successful attempt at merging the techniques used by the German
and the USA with several cybernetic implants that were added to his body. The
vast majority of his internal organs as well as his eyes were replaced with the remains
from an alien crash (Both mechanical and organic) and his skin was replaced with a
techno-organic substance that simulates skins. The one thing they were unable to do
was to fully erase his memories so after becoming used to his powers he was able to
escape the compound with ease.
At this point he feared returning to US Army for what would happen so he snuck
aboard a transport carrier and returned back to the US. There he assumed a new name
and has been using his powers to help wherever he can. The army has already declared
him MIA and not wanting his family to see him he has hidden his return from them and
taken up residence in New York. He's hoping that by making a name for himself that the
Heroes for Hire might be interested in taking him in so that he can support himself.

February 27, 2009 01:12PM
ebondrake79 is aka for cypher. One of these days I'll stop using so many different names, but the world might come to an end.
February 27, 2009 04:46PM
Have you given any thought to using a forum like Myth-Weavers.com for your game instead of a Yahoo Group, Gene?
February 28, 2009 01:29AM
Nope..I like yahoo and I can always access it no matter the content filters on the jobs I go on if they have internet. But thanks for the suggesstion.

March 06, 2009 04:14PM
And from the Tigger of the Storm...Spectrum

NAME: Tyger Gresham
HERO NAME: Spectrum
ORIGIN: Mutant-Random
EFFECTS: +1 Power, +1cs Endurance, -1cs Resources, -1cs Appearance
LEGAL STATUS: Criminal Record in Canada
ALIASES: Tigg (Mirage - former code name)
PLACE OF BIRTH: Fairfax, VA
KNOWN RELATIVES: Dene Gresham (Mother)
BASE OF OPERATIONS:
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: Hounds of Canada
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION:

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5'9"
WEIGHT: 150 lbs
EYES: Variable
HAIR: Black
SKIN: Brown
STATS
FIGHTING: IN (40)
AGILITY: AM (50)
STRENGTH: EX (20)
ENDURANCE(+1CS): IN (40)
REASON: EX (20)
INTUITION: RM (30)
PSYCHE: IN (40)

HEALTH: 150
RESOURCES(-1cs): Gd
APPEARANCE(-1cs): Ex-20
POPULARITY: +0 /+0

1)* Weapon Spec: Beams/Blast
3) Tracking
4) Repair & Tink
5) Electronics

CONTACTS: 3
1) Emma Frost

2)

POWERS: 12+1
1-*Electro-Magnetic Manipulation: Am
Spectrum can emit and control the energies that make up the Universal
Spectrum. This power has an added bonus power similar to Focus (See Power
Focus). However, The PC can only Focus all the energies of the spectrum in one single attack.

All Energy Powers begin with the rank Excellent, and each power is modified. The Energy

Powers are rolled separately on the Ability Modifier Table (UPB p.6), and then are permanently

recorded. Thus, the PC has a wide range of intensities of Energy Powers. The following list of

Energies make up the spectrum:
Light : In-40
Radiowaves : In-40
Magnetism : In-40
Sound : In-40
Heat : Rm-30
Gravity(Pressure) : Rm-30
Microwaves : Ex-20
Hard Radiation : Ex-20

3.Focus: E.M.Energies: Am
-Total Blast: Sh-Y-240

4. Energy Detection: In
-Can See/Hear the various energies and frequencies that he can manipulate.

5.*Illusion Casting: Am
-Secondary effects Rm-30 unless covered under another power

7. Energy Sheath: In
Light : In-40
Radiowaves : Rm-30
Magnetism : Rm-30
Sound : Ex-20
Heat : Ex-20
Gravity(Pressure) : Gd-10
Microwaves : Gd-10
Hard Radiation : Gd-10
Electricity: Rm-30

8. Carrier Wave: Electromagnetic Energies: In
-Each type is limited to Control Rank

9. Electrical Generation: In

10. Electrical Manipulation: In

11. Energy Solidification: In
-Max material/effect is control rank

12.*Regeneration: Rm-30

WEAKNESS(ES)
-None Known

HISTORY
Mutant designate: S358749 sat in the web seat of the helicopter looking down
the broken form of the young girl who had just been thrown at his feet. Around
him the hound masters laughed. He barely registered one of them saying
"Whoops, looks like you got carried away with that one there dog," between
their laughter. She reminded him of someone, but he couldn't remember who.
As her life ended, taken from her by the hole from a laser pistol, he was envious
that his life hadn't been taken away so gently. He thought back to his life before
now, when he could feel, when he could fully understand. Tyger Gresham had
been an average boy growing up the product of a single parent home. He had
no memory of his dad, but with just him and his mother he had assumed the
role of protector even at a young age. All had been normal, all had been good,
until the end of his freshman year when some older boys had been picking on
a couple of his friends. Tyger had tried to step in, but had just been added to
the torment and humilation, that is until the anger in him had built up so much
that it burst from him in a blinding flash of light and trace elements of various
other forms of energy. They had tried to blame him for the incident, making him
soley responsible, but then she stepped in.

Emma Frost and her lawyers and suddenly the whole thing disappeared, and
all he had to do was attend her school where she could teach him about his
powers and what he was. Although he respected Ms Frost, he hated leaving
his mother. He hated the cold of Mass, and he hated the "better then thou"
attitude of most of his class mates. He also didn't get along well with the
other mutants at the school. In a school where everyone thought they
where better then everyone else, the mutants thought they where the elite.
The only energy he wanted to waste in their drama was reminding them
exactly how human they all really where.

One of his only saving graces in school was Vivica True, the one class mate
he seemed to bond with, it was a brotherly bond though and he treated her
like a little sister, even though he was older then her by only a few months.
The other was his power to shape and control light. He focused so much on
his light power that he supressed the development of his other abilities until
his 17th birthday, near the end of his junior year, when Ms Frost forced him
to acknowledge his full potiental, and required him to start to develop his control
over the other energies he had access to. His senior year proved pretty unev-
-entful until right before the end of his seniour year. His senior trip had been to
Niagra Falls, Canadian side, and during this trip he witnessed a young girl literally
get thrown over the falls. He tried to stop the event with his powers but failed,
unfortunately the light show put on his by attempt made the authorities believe
he was in some way responsible. Again in strolled Emma Frost and her attornies,
but they couldn't save Tyger this time as the Canadian authorities reported that
Tyger had been killed while in transport to a holding area by an anti-mutant mob.

In actuality he was being taken to mutant training camp. Emma found this out,
but decided she couldn't risk actually saving him, but she could do something to
"help him survive". Coming to him telepathically, she surpressed his knowledge
of his illusion casting abilities, giving him an edge if and when the time came, she
also surpressed and hid the portion of his personality that made him more indepen-
-dent and gave him the desire to protect others. He became an almost
selfish drone, doing whatever was needed to survive. He began to enjoy the more
destructive aspects of his powers and became a marksmen with his abilities. He
learned to use his abilities to track others, and more importantly he learned to fight.
Over the next several years he rose through the hound positions and became as
trusted as one could get in a facility where you weren't even considered a person.

Then on a mission to retrieve another mutant his paths crossed w/ Emma Frost
again. They where hunting the same young mutant down, and got to them about
the same time. Surprised to see his old teacher, Emma struck quickly and rendered
Spectrum unconcious. Seeing what her former student had become, she decided it
was time to release him. She poked holes in the shields she had so carefully set up
in the past. She allowed portions of his true personality to bleed through, and planted
the idea that all she did was for his own benefit and that she really did care. His real

personality leaking out, he started to see what he had become, and hated it and those
who had made him that way. He wanted out, he started to secretly use his powers to
figure out how to control the collar that the hound masters used to control him. He
kept his feelings hidden, but inside he loathed everything around him and knew he
had to get out. Then came this mission. He was to apprehend a young girl with
electrical powers. She had been no problem for him find, and even less to subdue,
and like a good hound he had brought her to his masters. She was pretty, and they
wanted to "break her in" but she fought back, too hard, so they killed her, using a
laser pistol so they could blame the death on him. The helicopter headed back to-
-wards base camp. The hound masters laughing, the poor girl dead at Tyger's feet,
and the anger building up inside him. The helicopter hit an air pocket and jumped,
the girls body turned over, and Tyger remembered who the girl reminded him of...
Vivica True. BOOM!! The energy with-in Tyger was released all at once, the heli-
-copter was destroyed and all those inside vaporized with the exception of Tyger.

He fell to the ground weak and battered, but he would heal... he always healed.
He recovered before the search and recovery team showed up. Using his illusion
casting powers he was able hide and confuse them long enough for him to get
away. Back in the US, he contacted his mother, who had risen to a high ranking
position within the Dept. of State, cifications from the Canadian government, and
he stayed in more public place to avoid more covert actions taken against him.
Tyger is taking time to recover and still trying to adjust to the real world and still
trying to figure what to do with himself.

March 06, 2009 04:49PM
Still waiting on character submissions from Dead Sidekick and Chronomancer...Once I have them I can start reworking history to fit the characters in

March 11, 2009 08:11AM
I have a question, is it too late to apply to join the game?

I was just wondering, I understand that the original sign-ups started a while ago....

and I understand if you are already full, but your first post seems to indicate that you have room left.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 5
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.