The Earth 75175 Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: The Earth 75175 Campaign Thread
March 11, 2009 06:30PM
Konan,

No it is not too late, nor am I completely full as I am still waiting on two other character submissions. Please send characters to genek5@yahoo.com

To all original players,

Game will officially be starting tomorrow..I am trying to work with individual players with posts through IM so I can give instant feedback. Otherwise email me where you are and I will come up with something for you

Your Humble Judge,

Gene.

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
March 11, 2009 09:42PM
Sorry about the delay in getting my character to you. Me and Chrono still need to collaborate on a few things.

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
March 11, 2009 11:10PM
Its cool, I am fairly paitient (mental patient that is *twirls machete playfully*)

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
March 12, 2009 09:29PM
Players,

I have started working with Lady Morrysa and Niniriaz on a JP in yahoo Im. I am willing to do the same with others..But if I send you an invite to add me, please dont decline I am trying to get the game started before I head back offshore and may not have access to IM. Thanks again Ladies and Gents for your patience.

March 14, 2009 07:37AM
BTW the official date in my game is March 14 1994 for starting..

March 14, 2009 01:46PM
I'm still interested in playing, but I have only been able to make 2 of my three characters, I will hopefully have my final character done by tonight and will send them to you ASAP.
March 14, 2009 08:09PM
Konan,

Ok..That works.

March 15, 2009 02:01AM
Update..2 additional members of the Brotherhood

Tatt
A cold blooded killer trained by The Hand, he can duplicate the abilities of others in his tattoos.

Gothika
Super Strong and Fast and Durable she draws her power from a connection with the Dream Dimension

March 15, 2009 09:38AM
Just realized I made an Oops..Forgot to post Punstarrs character ...Force...Sorry PunMeister.

NAME: Kane Marshall-Lee
HERO NAME: Force
ORIGIN: Mutant, Random-Maturity
EFFECTS: Collumn 1, End +1cs, +1 Power, -1cs Resources, -1cs Appearance
IDENTITY: Secret
LEGAL STATUS: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
ALIASES: Exo (As Brotherhood member)
PLACE OF BIRTH: Seattle, WA
MARITAL STATUS: Single
KNOWN RELATIVES: Unnamed Father with last name of Lee (Wealthy Chinese Immigrant), Sharon Marshall (Mother), Jubilation Lee (Half Sister)
BASE OF OPERATIONS:
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION: X-Men

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5'11"
WEIGHT: 170 lbs
EYES: Blue
HAIR: Blond
SKIN: Somwhere between Caucasian and Asian

STATS
FIGHTING: Ex-20
AGILITY: Rm-30
STRENGTH: Ty-06 / In-40 w Exoskeleton active
ENDURANCE: In-40
REASON: Ex-20
INTUITION: Gd-10
PSYCHE: Ex-20
APPEARANCE: Gd-10

HEALTH: 96
RESOURCES: Fe-02
POPULARITY: -5/+0

TALENTS: 2

1-*Student

CONTACTS: 1

1-X-Men

POWERS: 5+1

1-Energy Sheathe: Psychokinetic Exoskeleton : In-40
-Currently limited to psychokinetic energy, other types are stuntable.
-Appears as translucent field of golden energy roughly humanoid in
shape superimposed on his form, and of slightly greater size.
-In-40 defense vs Physical/Energy/Psionic/Environmental
-Mn-75 defense vs Psychokinetic
-Ex-20 vs Plasma, Energy Conversion, Energy Control
-Damage to sheathe does not effect his health.
-If sheathe is destroyed, must make Red Feat to regain it.
-Sheathe is not automatically destroyed by being breached,
it must be specifically targeted.

2-*Telekinesis/Energy Solidification: Energy Sheathe: In-40
-Strength and Material Strength are reduced 1cs per Area beyond first
-Effect: Can solidify and manipulate form of energy sheathe to simulate In-40 Strength (No Health Change) as well as reshaping it to stretch vast distances (With a resulting loss of effective strength and material strength) and also form edges, blocks and other geometric shapes. Has enough control to actually form likenesses and simple machinery, though it allways appears as translucent field of golden energy.

4-True Flight: Rm-30
-Currently limited to simulate vast leaping ability when Energy Sheathe is active.
-Speed: 15 Areas/Round 225 MPH
-Effectively Sh-Z leaping

5-*Invulnerability: Jubilee's Powers: Class-1000

WEAKNESS(ES)
None

HISTORY

Several years before the birth of Jubilation, Mr. Lee had been on a business trip to Seattle, where he had a moment of weakness, having a fling with a waitress. He never told his wife or his daughter. However, sure enough, 9 months later Kane was born of the brief union. He grew up in a fairly poor home, but at least his mother loved him. He always wondered who his father was, however. When he turned 13, his powers manifested at school and he ran away from home. Driven to the brink of despair from all the newfound prejudice around him, he traveled the country, eventually running into Mystique, who taught him to focus his despair into rage against the humans. For an embarassing many months he travelled with the Brotherhood as one of them, using his powers to strike terror into the hearts of the humans who dared hate and fear him. Fortunately for him, he was forced to fight the X-Men one day, and ended up talked into leaving Mystique and joining the X-Men. He still resented the sheer prejudice that humans had for mutants, but with the help of his newfound friends (friends that treated him nicely-- he wouldn't miss Sabertooth, that was for sure) he was beginning to at least tolerate humans. A stray word here and there can still set him off the deep end though... mutie, genejoke... he doesn't like the colorful names that humans have cooked up for his kind.

March 15, 2009 11:30AM
*Chuckles* No worries man. I was beginning to think I'd missed out. winking smiley

March 15, 2009 12:54PM
Nope...Thought I had posted it when I did the others..And was wondering why I hadnt heard from you about doing your intto post then noticed you were not there..Sorry again...My bad.

March 15, 2009 01:40PM
BTW ((This is OOC))
"Talking" < Thinking > {Telepathy}
Actions are displayed by discriptive writing.
The better your posts the more karma I award..You dont have to be a phenominal writer, just try, thats all I ask.

Still waiting on Konan, Dead Sidekick, and Chonomancer to submit characters. *Glances at clock*

March 15, 2009 01:45PM
For your perousal The Brotherhood

Copycat /Mystique II (Copied from Ben Reillies site)
Vanessa Geraldine Carlysle
Mutant, Random (Maturity)
F) Rm30
A) Gd10
S) Ty6
E) Ex20
R) Gd10
I) Rm30
P) Ex20
App: Varies

Health: 66
Resources: Gd
Pop: 0

Known Powers:
Shape-Shifting: Un, Copycat is able to precisely duplicate another being's
appearance down to the cellar level, allowing her to replicate superhuman
powers and abilities. She gains the physical powers of the form she assumes
and can increase her physical stats up to +1CS.
Has the following power stunts:
-Night Vision: Un
-Claws: Am Edge
-Regeneration: Rm ability to heal surface tissue damage
-Body Resistance: In
-Blending: Un
-Metabolic Resistance: In, she can reboot her genetic template to
withstand many pathogens and poisons

Equipment:
None

Talents: Martial Arts A, B, C, Military, Sharp Weapons, Thrown Weapons, Marksmanship, Guns, Detective/Espionage, Streetwise, Performer: (Actress)

Contacts: Brotherhood

Sabretooth (Random Roll Varient)
Victor Creed
F: Am-50
A: In-40
S: Rm-30
E: Am-50
R: Ty-6
I: Am-50
P: Rm-30
App: Gd-10
Health: 170
Resoures: Gd
Pop: -20

Known Powers: 10+1
1-Hyper Olfactory: Am
-Total Sense of Smell: Un-100

2-Tracking: Mn

3-Energy Detection: Sensory Based: Am-50
-Can "See" Thermal and Ultraviolet Energies
-Can "Hear" Sub and Hyper Sonic Frequencies

4-Natural Weaponry: Claws/Teeth: Am-50
-Am material Str +1cs (In-40) Damage

5-*Regeneration: Am-50
-Heals 50x Faster than normal
-Red Feat to Regrow

7-*Self Revival: Rm-30

9-Pheromones: Ex-20
-No concious control +1cs

10-Berserker: In-40
-When Berserk gains the following
--F: Am-66 S: Am-46 R: Fe-2 P: Fe-2
--Health: 202
--Iron Will: In-40

11-Stealth: Training: In-40
-Reduced chance (-7cs) of being Detected/Tracked

Equipment:
None

Talents: 6
1-Detective/Espionage: Gd-Mn

2-**Martial Arts A, C, B:
--Mn Unarmed , In Escape & Grapple (Including Damage), Am Dodge,
--Stun or Slam an opponent regardless of their comparative Strengths
and Endurances

5-*Marksmanship: Am-50 ranged skill / No range Penalties

Contacts: 4
1-Weapon X Program

2-Mystique (The Original, Knows where and who she is)

3-Brotherhood (Been with them a long time)

4-Birdy (She loves him and helps him maintain control and he doesnt kill her)

Birdy(Original, couldnt find stats anywhere)
Mutant Breed (Maturity)
-Parents were both Feral Mutants, she was born "normal"
F: Ex-20 / Ty-6 w/out E.Sheathe
A: Rm-30 / Gd-10 w/out E.Sheathe
S: Gd-10 / Pr-4 w/out E.Sheathe
E: In-40 / Ex-20 w/out E.Sheathe
R: Rm-30
I: In-40
P: In-40
App: Ex-20

Health: 100 / 40 w/out E.Sheathe
Pop: -5

Powers: 8
1-*Telepathy/Empathy: Mn-75
-Full rank ony vs "Feral" Mutants and Animals
-2cs vs non "Feral" Mutants: In-40
-4cs vs non Mutants: Ex-20

3-Communicate with Animals: Mn-75

4-Hypnotic Control: Tele-Empathic: Am
-Full rank ony vs "Feral" Mutants and Animals
-2cs vs non "Feral" Mutants: In-40
-4cs vs non Mutants: Ex-20

5-Telekinesis: Ex-20

6-Energy Sheathe: Psionic: Gd-10
-Gd-10 defense vs Physical/Energy/Environmental
-Rm-30 defense vs Psionic Based
-Pr-4 vs Plasma, Energy Conversion, Energy Control
-Allows people to believe her costume provides defense
-When not active, FASE is reduced by 2cs each

7-*Kinetic Bolt/Cold Generation: Rm-30
-"Raw" expulsion of Telekinetic/Cryokinetic Energy
-Usually focused through a gun, though doesnt have to.

Talents: 3
1-Guns: In-40 / Ex-20 w/out E.Sheathe

2-Trivia: Mutants: In-40

3-Resist Domination: Am-50

Contacts: 2
1-Sabertooth
(She loves him and helps him maintain control and he doesnt kill her)

2-Brotherhood

The Blob (Copied from Ben Reillies site +1 Contact)
Fred J. Dukes
Mutant Random (Maturity)

F) Rm-30
A) Pr-4
S) Rm-30
E) Mn-75
R) Pr-4
I) Gd-10
P) Rm-30
App) Pr-4
Health: 139 Karma: 34
Resources: Gd Pop: -15

Known Powers:
Bodily Expansion: Blob can flex his fat and break through restraints of up to Ex material
Body Armor: Un vs. physical attacks, Am vs. Energy attacks
Entrapment: Blob can hold an opponent with the equivalent of Mn Strength in the folds of his skin on a Green Psyche FEAT
Immovability: Using some form of personal gravity control, Blob is abile to plant himself to the ground. This takes 1 turn and then he can only be moved on a Red FEAT using Un Strength. A stunt that he has developed is the Gravity Smash that enables him to strike an opponent as if he had Mn strength. He can only do this when he's not planted to the Ground.

Equipment:
None

Talents: None

Contacts: Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Pyro (His Partner)

Pyro (Copied from Ben Reillies site +1 Contact)
St. John Allerdyce

F) Gd-10
A) Gd-10
S) Ty-6
E) Rm-30
R) Gd-10
I) Ty-6
P) Gd-10
Health: 56
Resources: Pr
Pop: -15

Known Powers:
Fire Control: In ability to control (but not create) flame. He can perform the following stunts:
-Form rings, prison, and other restraining devices of up to In intensity.
-Fire jets of flame at a range of 4 areas with In damage.
-Create Flame Creatures: In F,A,S,E scores. Such creatures inflict Mn damage to flammible targets, and Gd damage to non-flamible targets.
-Dampen Flames: In ability.
Fire Resistance: CL1000 resistance to fire under his control, but no resistance to flames not under his control or controled by others.

Equipment:
Costume: Am protection vs. Flame and Heat
Flamethrower: Rm Fire, 2 areas

Talents: Journalism, Writing

Contacts: Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Blob (His Partner)

Black Tom (Random Roll Varient)
Thomas Samuel Eamon Cassidy
Mutant Random (Maturity)
F: Ex-20
A: Gd-10
S: Gd-10
E: In-40
R: Ex-20
I: Gd-10
P: Rm-30

Health: 80
Resources: Rm
Pop: -10

Known Powers: 8 +1
1-***Energy Sponge/Conversion(x2)/Resistance: Un-100
-Sonic/Vibrational energies only +1cs
-Can draw in and convert Sonic/Vibrational energies to either
Heat or Kinetic energy adding to his energy blasts
-Energy from Sound and Vibration is reduced by Un-100 as it is instantly
"sponged" and stored

5-*Heat Generation/Kinetic Bolt: Am-50
-Upto ShX-150 if boosted by Sonic/Vibrational Energy
-Rank is effectively -2cs if doesnt use wooden focus (Usually shillelagh)

7-Energy Sheathe: In-40
-Upto ShX-140 if boosted by sonic/vibrational energy
-Heat or Kinetic Only +0cs
-Only around focusing object+0cs

8-Hypnotic Voice: Rm-30 (Gift of Blarney)
-Takes 1 minute of speaking per Cs of rank
-Given time Tom can talk almost anyone into almost anything

9-Martial Supremacy(Shillelagh) : In-40
-Skill with Shillelagh is Am-60 and if blasts are focused through
it skill with them is Am-50. Recieves a +1 to Init when using Shillelagh

Equipment:
Shillelagh: Used to focus blasts through
-Material: Wood enhanced by power infusion
-Material Strength: Ex-20 / Varies w E.Sheathe
-Effect: Str +1cs Blunt or Active E.Sheathe rank

Talents: 4
1-Languages: (English, Gaelic)

2-Crime

3-*Leadership

Contacts: 2
1-Juggernaut

2-Brotherhood

Lady Mastermind (Copied from Ben Reillies Site +1 contact change)
Regan Wynegarde
-Mutant, Breed (Maturity)
F) Gd10
A) Ty6
S) Ty6
E) Rm30
R) Ex20
I) Ex20
P) Mn75
App: Ex though upto +/- Un-100
Health: 52
Pop: -5

Known Powers:
Illusion Generation: Un ability to generate 3-D illusions. Damage from such illusions is imaginary, but if 0 Health is reached, the target is rendered unconscious for 1-10 rounds. Lady Mastermind's illusions affect all senses except smell. They cannot be recorded on cameras, tape or other mechanical devices. All who can see illusions are affected by them. Lady Mastermind can perform the following power stunts:
-Alter Appearance: Un, including all sight and touch components.
-Invisibility: Un

Equipment:
None

Talents: None

Contacts: Brotherhood

-NightDemon-Clone of Nightcrawler with Genetic Augmentation(Original)
Mutant Breed (Creation)
(Nightcrawler was not the only Mutant whos DNA was used)
F: Rm-30
A: Am-50
S: Gd-10
E: Rm-30
R: Gd-10
I: Rm-30
P: Gd-10
App: Rm-30 / Pr-4 to those turned off by physical mutations
Health: 120
Resources: Ex-20 (Smart with money)
Popularity: -10

Powers: 12
1-*Teleport Self: In-40
-Range -5cs: Pr 25 miles
-Skill +5cs Sh-Y

3-Hyper Leaping: Ex-20

4-Natural Weaponr: Teeth: Gd-10
-Can bite for Gd-10 edged

5-Natural Weaponry: Prehensile Tail: Ex
-1 Additional attack/action at Ex fighting/agility Gd Strength

6-Spiderclimb: In

7-Plasma Generation: In-40 (Bamf Blast)
-Secondary effects Ex Flame and Acid (Brimstone)
-Damage is only at location of teleport (leave point) and 10ft outward

8-Energy Detection: Rm-30
-Can see via LowLight and Thermal Energies
-Can hear high and low frequencies

9-Invisibility: Physics: In-40
-Only in shadow/darkness
-Provides defense/invisibility vs light, infrared and ultraviolet light,
radiowaves, and hard radiation

10-Hyper Speed: Ty-6
-Only when teleporting +0cs
--Can have a total of 6 actions but at least 1/2 must be teleport
--Example 3 Teleports + 3 Bamf Blasts
--Example #2 3 Teleports + Dodge + Evade + Guns Usage
--Init is x6 when teleporting

11-*Serial Immortality: In-40
-Sinister can decant another if this one dies

Talents: 5
1-Edged Weapons: In

2-Guns: Mn

3-Acrobatics: Ex-Escape, In-Evade, Mn-Dodge

4-Crime: Ex / In

5-Business/Finance: Ex

Contacts: 3
1-Sinister: His Creator

2-Brotherhood

3-Open

Tatt (Original Character)
R.E.(Gene)Kendrick Jr
Compound-Mutant Random/Mutant Induced (Tech Procedure)
-Was a latent mutant until Hand captured and "turned" him.
F: In-40
A: Rm-30
S: Rm-30
R: Rm-30
Health: 120
Resources: Ty (+2cs) Ex-20 (Smart with money)

Powers: 12 (-3)
1-9 Power Duplication: Mn-75(x2)/Am-50(x2)/In-40(x2)/Rm-30(x3)
-Can memorize upto 75 powers though can only activate 9 at any given time
-Each power is represented by a tattoo somewhere on his body, as gains
more powers more tattooes spontaneously appear.Tattoes move and reshape
themselves randomly though are always black and somewhat disturbing. If
Hand conditioning is broken, tattooes will look more like normal tattooes.
-Takes 3 rounds to analyze powers for duplication

Talents: 4 (+4)
1-Artist-Paint/Draw/Sculpt: +1cs

2-Trivia: Comics/RPGs: +1cs

3-Trivia: Super Beings: +1cs Reason pr Individuals Pop

4-Martial Arts C: +1cs Grapple/Escape/Dodge

5-Oriental Weapons: +1cs Mellee and Ranged oriental weapons

6-Languages: English/Japanese

7-Thrown Objects: +1cs Throwing and Catching / +2cs if Oriental Weapon

8-Martial Arts A: Can stun or slam regardless of comparitive str & end

Contacts: 3
1-Family/Friends(They all believe him dead)

2-The Hand

3-The Brotherhood

Weakness
-Energy Dampening-Power Negation-Continuous
-If powers negated FASE drops to Ty-6 Health to 24

Powers Memorized-Initial Only
1-Shadow Shaping(Initial Power)
2-Shadow Casting(Initial Power)
3-Energy Solidification Shadow(Initial Power)
4-Energy Sheathe Shadow(Initial Power)
5-Power Control: Reduction/Magnification(Initial Power)
--Must touch or engulf in shadow(Initial Power)
6-Invisibility: Physics(Initial Power)
7-Mental Invisibility(Initial Power)
8-Body Resistance(Initial Power)
9-Hyper Speed(Initial Power)

Gothika-Real Name unknown(Original Character)
F: Rm-30
A: Am-50
S: Gd-10 - Am-50
E: Rm-30 - Un-110
R: Gd-10
P: Gd-10
App: Rm-30 (Looks similar to Abbey/Pauley Perrette from NCIS)
Health: 120 - 240
Resources: Ex-20

Powers 8+1
1-***Energy Sponge/Dimensional Travel/Absorption Power(x2): Am-50
-Energy sponge is psychic energy and energy of dream dimension only
-Dimensional Travel is to/from Dream Dimension
-Absorption Power is Psychic/Dream Dimension energies

5-**Hyper Digging/Running/Body Resistance: In-40
-All are empowered by Psychic /Dream Dimension energy
-If powers to access dream dimension/psychic energy negated, loses
1pt/round/each until Sh0 rank

8-*Regeneration: Am-50
-Constant minor drawing of dream dimension energy "across the veil"

Talents: 2
1-Trivia: Music: Ex

2-Computers: Ex

Contacts: 1
1-The Brotherhood

March 16, 2009 11:18AM
Well those should be some fun villains to bring down. Say can I just post a start point with my character or do you have something in mind?

~cypher
March 16, 2009 01:53PM
I have something in mind...Im me please

March 17, 2009 02:49PM
Another one of my NPCs who is making a guest appearance in my game...The German Knockout..Uberfrau!

NAME: Baroness Elsa Keoneig
HERO NAME: Uberfrau
ORIGIN: Mutant, Induced-Tech Procedure
EFFECTS: +1cs 1 Stat
IDENTITY: Public, though not well remembered
LEGAL STATUS: Citizen of Germany, wanted for war crimes, believed Deceased
ALIASES:
PLACE OF BIRTH: Berlin, Germany
KNOWN RELATIVES: None
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Mobile
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: Third Reich, Red Skull
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION: None yet, though building up

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 6'6" (6'10" in heels)
WEIGHT: 360 (Increased muscle and bone density)
EYES: Ice Blue
HAIR: Golden Blond
SKIN: Caucasion, Pale

STATS
FIGHTING: Am-50
AGILITY: In-40
STRENGTH: Am-50
ENDURANCE: Un-100 (Am-50 + Am-50 H.R.)
REASON: Rm-30
INTUITION: In-40
PSYCHE: In-40
APPEARANCE: In-40

HEALTH: 240
RESOURCES: In-40
POPULARITY: -20 / +30 w Nazi's

TALENTS: 4
1-Military: In

2-Detective-Espionage: In/Am

3-Martial Arts B: Mn

4-Language: German/English

CONTACTS: 3
1-Red Skull

2-Nazi Groups

3-Open

POWERS: 7
1-Body Resistance: In-40
-Rank resistance to Physical and Energy attacks/effects.
-This includes aging.

2-*Hyper Running/Hyper Speed: Am-50

4-*Regeneration: Rm-30

6-Hyper Leaping: Mn-75

7-Self Sustenance: Mn-75
-If in an environmental situation that would result in her
death, she instead slips into a comatose state until time
such as it would be safe to reawaken.

WEAKNESS(ES)
-None

HISTORY
WW2 Female Super Soldier experiment. Faced Cap A several times and even with her

"Superior Aryan Nature" could never defeat him. He is one of the few men she respects. Was

trapped in a bunker due to an explosion in late 1946, and just recently awakened.

March 17, 2009 03:54PM
Just to give a taste....I will be posting the intro posts that have been completed and posted so far...

1st Shadow Mantis

March 14 1994 6:43 pm

After the class he is heading home, with public transport. During the
travel he stops to get some grocery for dinner.

As Josh hops off the bus, his canvas and tools from class still held
under one arm, he looked around to decide which grocery store would get
his patronage tonight The little Thia place on the corner, or the Jewish
deli next to it? Maybe even the new Greek grocery down the block.

Glancing around, Josh notices a man in a brown trenchcoat duck down into
the alley beside the New York Commerce bank. It is not the trenchcoat or
the fedora the man is wearing that attract his attention, as the yellow
mask he notices between the upturned collar and the pulled down brim.

'What should I choose...' he thinks 'Greek or Italian? Why could these
simple things become so hard? ... Well, let's have Greek for today' He
decides himself and turns into that direction when he notices the masked
masked man going into the alley next to the bank. 'huh? who can this
be?' he shifts his direction and goes to the bank, trying to see more
detail.

Pearing into the darkness of the alley, Josh again catches sight of the
masked man. By now he has discarded the hat and is in the process of
removing the trench, when his hands appear to momentarily get tangled in
the sleeves. As he works his hands and the gauntlet-like encasements he
has on them out and throws the trench to the ground Josh finally
recognizes the yellow and brown costume of none other than The Shocker.

'Uh-oh, not now...' Josh mutters under his breath when the name of the
super-villain pops into his mind. He then quickly looks around on the
street to see how many people would notice if he'd change into his
heroic self. After that he turns his attention back into the alley,
observing what the Shocker do and trying to figure out what he will do.
Probably breaking into the bank, on first glance.

As Josh turned back around, he felt something. It almost felt like a
subway was running underneath the street, but somehow the feeling was in
the very air not just transmitted through the ground. Suddenly, the
feeling stopped and he saw The Shocker walk into the bank through a hole
that was now in the side of the wall.

'shit' he whispers but jumps into action immediately. 'he is fast...'
the thought crosses his mind while he runs into the alley and activates
his mantis-shape. The he peers through the wall with his unnatural eyes
and tries to command the shadows of the alley to go after the criminal.

As Josh, shifted into his Shadow Mantis identity, reaches out with his
powers to the shadows within the closed bank, they tremble for a moment.
Then the shadows underneath Shocker appear to, much to his suprise an
horror, flow up his body and start striking him while they do so.
Seeming momentarily stunned by the attack, Shocker doesn't respond other
than "Ooof, uhn, oof" as the shadows strike him repeatedly.

When he sees that his attack is successful and the criminal is fully
surprised, ShadowMantis begins to smile if someone could talk about such
activity in case of a half-insectoid. He carefully puts down Josh's
canvas and class tools onto some place which seems dry and clean enough.
Not knowing that the enemy how much damage can bear, he then steps
forward and tries to calculate it, but -for the mood of the safety- he
commands his shadow dependants to hold back the punches in some degree.

The shadows again strike out, and Shocker quietly folds to the ground.
The yellow of his mask slowly turning brown in the area of his mouth and
nose.

When Mantis notices that his enemy has fallen, he commands the shadows
away. They can be re-summoned at any time within a blink if needed, he
knows well. The next look his eyes locks the patch in the mask, and he
begins to worry, that maybe he overestimated the criminal's abilities,
and his attacks were too powerful. 'Crap, don't die here, you bastard'
he thinks and rushes to the fallen bad guy and tries to check his
health-status and do what he can with his little first aid skills which
he gathered when he learned driving. He saves time to cry out loudly
"Somebody call the police and the ambulance! Now!"

After the first cry Mantis notices that the bank probably was closed by
that time, so no one could answer him. The ruined wall triggered the
alarm for sure, but until they arrive, the Shocker will die. 'Holy
Darkness, why is he so notorious if he can't stand such hits?!' he
curses in his mind, then an idea pops again. 'I must carry him into a
hospital, hastily. Please, my sweet darkness, do not fail me now.' With
these words he touches the body and concentrates on his ability to
travel trough shadows, and tries to grab him with himself, too.

As the familiar feel of shadows engulfing him comes over him, Shadow
Mantis reaches out to attempt to find a place where he can take the
injured super villain and keep him from dying. Exiting from the shadows
nearest to Saint Ruperts Medical Center, he see's not 10 feet away the
entrance to the emergency room.

With a little relief that he was able to carry him into a hospital, the
mantis-like humanoid repeats his former cry which echoed in the empty
bank. "Doctor, I need a doctor, now! The subject is a badly damaged
villain, with serious internal blooding!" Meanwhile he tries to
carefully move the villain closer to the room.

Entering into the chaos of an emergency room, Shadow Mantis carries the
body of the fallen villain gingerly. As a nurse rushes foreward,
motioning for another to bring the gurney, Shocker coughs, dark red
almost black blood coming up with every breathe. Carefully, but quickly,
the two nurses rush the critically injured villain through the swinging
doors to the back. Due to the currently insectoid configuration of his
eyes, SM notices the guard/off duty policeman sidling up behind him, his
hand casually on the butt of his revolver.

"Thank you, nurse" he says the two woman before the got away from his
vicinity. He clenches his fist and slowly shakes his head while
desperate thoughts dizzying his mind 'I still need more practice... I
can't believe that I caused so many damage under so little time...
crap... I hope he will not die. Sure, he is a criminal, but I'm not a
judge...' he sighs, then talks out to the policeman while slowly turns
to him "I can see you. There is no need to flank me, I'm the good guy.
Or at least I'm trying to be one." When he faces the officer, he shows
his empty hands "Could you call some reinforcement? He is the Shocker. I
bet he could cause any trouble for a while but the caution is never
unnecessary"

Hand still on th butt of his gun, the officer reached upto his collar
mounted mike. Keying it, he said "Officer Duff to dispatch..We have
superfreak delivered here at SRMC..Appears to be heavily injured as
result of altercation with another superfreak unknown at this time." as
he says this he motions with his thumb over his shoulder for Shadow
Mantis to "hit the bricks".

ShadowMantis shrugs when the officer shows such a rude way to him to get
off, but he don't provokes much. "As you wish, officer." he says in a
gentle tone, with a very subtle irony and makes a little bow, too. "I'll
leave but you should tell your colleagues that too, that the Shocker
blew a very big hole to the wall of a bank on the street. Maybe they will be interested." with these words he
reaches out the nearest shadow and teleports back to the alley to get
his stuff before the police arrives. He knows that they can't be there
right now, only a minute has passed since the beginning of the event.

Successfully arriving back to the alley, Mantis reverts back himself to
his everyday form, puts up his stuff, and takes a little curve to go to
the Greek grocery shop, buying some delicate food for dinner and goes
home, still muttering over the events at the bank and the hospital.

March 17, 2009 03:57PM
Intro Post 2 Jayme and Vivica

Location: Hellfire Club New York...Charity event for Hands for the Homeless (a
charity organization that trains homeless people and sets them up in government
assisted housing). A quiet orchestra plays in the background and servers make
the rounds with drinks and hors deuvers. Here there are the rich and famouse and
the "merely" powerful. Entrance is by invitation only and requires a minimum
dontaion of $10,000.

Vivica True and Jayme Cera are making the rounds within the crowd; noticing and
being noticed in turn...

Vivica makes her "rounds" laughing and smiling all the way. Dressed in an
exquisite red tube dress, belted of course with a diamond buckle, its clear
she's there to woo and impress. Her diamond earrings catch the light just right,
dangling like miniature chandeliers as she tilts her head back to laugh at a
banker's joke. Moments later she has a glass of wine in her hands and takes a
sip, careful not to leave a smudge of lip stick on the edge. The topic of the
event wasn't particularly inspiring to the telepath, nor was the conversation,
but it was an unfortunate necessity to be seen. If only the club hadn't
installed those psi dampeners. It was more than a nuisance having her birthright
effectively neutered while inside. Not that she needed it in this particular
instance.

Jayme had parted ways with her mother, Kay Cera, almost after they'd entered the
door--the elder Cera holding court with Sersi and other well known fashionistas
dressed to the nines in the latest bleeding edge fashions, glittering with
jewels like the night sky in rural France. She, however had opted for a classic
Chanel number: The timeless Little Black Dress, paired with a beaded Erte stole
that complimented her handbag and low-heeled pumps. Her makeup was vintage
glamour as well, though the delicate looking rimless glasses perched on her nose
were more than an affectation. She had needed them ever since she'd gotten out
of the hospital several years ago. She tweaked a diamond and jet pendent
unconsciously as she took a breather and then helped herself to a glass of fine
white zinfandel....the Club was one of the few places she could get a break from
the crushing weight of thoughts and maelstrom of emotions in the Big Apple.

She retained a degree of her empathic sensitivity, but for once, it was nice to
just be able to go out--and not have everything about everyone shoved into her
head.... She had put on her 'public' face, that of a sincere intellectual,
animal welfare activist and behavior expert...and at least tonight, she could
enjoy the music without knowing what everyone else thought of it. They played a
Mozart piece and Jayme found herself humming softly to the music as she admired
the architectural details of the lavish Georgian mansion the Club called home in
Manhattan...

Across the room, entering like a king and queen of ancient times, flanked by
their personal assistants, James Wolffe, Mary Jane Watson, Emma Frost, and
Carlos Kincaid strode into the ballromm. Their matching yet opposite coloration
suits and dresses enhanced the level of confidence they walked with. Their
glances taken as invitations or snubs, depending on the tilt of a lip or nod of
a head. Flanking Wolffe, Tessa strode next to her employer her eyes darting
about taking in everything and missing nothing. Her opposite flanking Miss
Watson, Micheal Morbius strode and moved like a great cat, his movements supple
and with controlled power. Next to Emma, was one of her constantly changing
stable of muscular "boy-toys", wearing a fitted suit, but walking next to her in
an obviously subserviant posture.

And by himself, wearing an ice white suit tailored to his sleek form, Carlos
Kincaid glanced around, his ice blue eyes at contrast to spanish features,
radiating a sense of power and disdain. His first appearance since assuming the
position as head of Shaw Industries.

Another sip of her wine and then a welcoming head nod to Mary Jane was in order
as far as vivica was concerned. She'd had the occasion to speak with her a few
times and found her likable enough. Of course, she also had a better idea than
most of what exactly was going on and what all the pagentry was about. Her
attention soon, shifted, however, to her mentor Emma Frost, who always looked
ravishing in white. Trained from adolescense, by the woman, it was hard not to
look upon her as a mother figure.She smiled warmly at the woman and relaxed her
mental defenses just enough for her to come in unheeded. Not that the club's
anti-psi measures made that difficult.

Her eyes shifted briefly to Emma's latest trophy and she smirked ever so
slightly before looking at the other assistants. The telepath's eyes lingered on
the strange Tessa for a moment before she quickly lost interest again. Vivica's
attention quickly returned to the "important people."

Jayme was socially acquainted with Ms. Watson and knew of Ms. Frost by
reputation--in that both were occasionally attired in custom gowns or haute
couture by her mum's atelier. She'd matched the names and faces of the locally
prominent VIPs for her mum's sake, as well as those of her own charitable
interests. And for now, she was content to observe...

The waiters and waitresses weaved through the crowd, carefull never to bump or
interrupt any of the patrons here, refilling bdrinks and offering exquisite
snacks, their jobs to remain un-noticed but attentive. Throughout the crowd, are
several women with beautiful physiques and features. All seeming to move as
guests , but each moving too atheletically and keeping too sharp of an eye on
the other guests to be anything but some form of security.

Jayme was accustomed to security at such events, but something about the things
she'd picked up from her half-sister made her sip her wine a little more slowly,
and focus on her surroundings...a subtle shift in her awareness and alertness
was imperceptible to those around her as she quietly engaged a social
acquaintance in conversation.

Suddenly, spreading like a wave from the front door is silence, as people notice
and are astounded by the latest arriving guest. Wearing a tailored black suit
that somehow doesny clash with the steel grey armored mask covering his
features, enters one of the most powerful men in the world. The Monarch of
Latveria, the man whoes very name describes him..Doom! On his arm a young woman
of exquisite beauty, whoes moves betray at least some training in dance, and
wearing a gown of silk that appears to have its roots in gypsy clothing.

Up until Doom strolled in, Vivica found herself unpreterbed by the surrounding
guests. But much like the pathetic banker who was hitting on her only moments
before, despite his wide being across the room, she suddenly ran out of words.
She glanced at the security, then Emma, then Doom regained her full attention.

That was noteworthy, enough--that Doom would show up at a charity event. From
what she knew, it was wisest to never presume to underestimate some of the
luminaries that were turning up. Jayme was suitably attractive, as to blend into
the crowd of the Beautiful People, and again thankful that she was reasonably
unremarkable in that regard. The $64 million dollar question was what the bloody
hell Doom was doing here, and what he wanted. She caught her mother's guarded
expression from across the ballroom and remained alert...

Striding across the room, Doom walked strait to Wolffe, who the entire time kept
his eyes upon the approaching monarch. Arriving, Doom snapt his heels together
and taking the proffered hand from Miss Watson bent at the waist and brushed his
metal clad lips across it. Standing again, he said something quietly to Wolffe,
to witch the other responded with a slight feral smile and a gesture towards the
door the 4 and their entourage had entered the room from. Turning, the black
clad businesman walked with the redhaired actress, and the steel masked monarch
to the door, and exiting, left Emma and Carlos with looks of suprise and
indignation on thewir faces though the spanish businessman seemed to regroup
himself just milliseconds faster than the billionaress.

Even with her limited empathic senses, Jayme could feel the faint flicker of
surprise ripple above the awe of the bulk of the gathered glitterati. It made
her doubly glad that there was some sort of dampener around the Club's premises.
She schooled her face to a politely attentive expression and exchanged her empty
wine glass for a small bottle of Perrier and moved on, since her current
conversation had been completely derailed by Doom's unexpected arrival.

After watching that strange display, Vivica finished off her wine and gently
excused herself from the banker's presence. She made another glance at Emma and
thought softly to the woman, {Ms. Frost, is everything alright?} She found
herself immersed in the gossip of a trio of gallery owners, soon after. Of
course no one knew much of anything, but what did that matter when you had
enough wealth and influence to make your story heard, regardless?

Her mental voice, immensly weak by normal standards, reached the imperious Ms.
Frost, who looking at her with an arched golden eyebroy replied {Why wouldnt
things be fine dear?}
Vivica replied in turn, {Doom strolled in like he owned the place and Kincaid
seemed completely out of the loop.} She'd never call out Emma Frost. that was a
bridge she was loathe to burn.

Both psychics notice, at almost the same time, a couple weaving through the
crowd. The woman was beautiful, wearing a silken sheathe that covered and clung
to her form like the skin of a snake, the man however, was immense, standing at
least 6'6" with a physiques like a human bull but moving catlike, with long,
rough blond hair and green eyes that seemed to look around all at once with a
barely concealed expression that seemed to combine lust, rage and superiority.
{Everything is under control Vivica,} replied the woman who was often referred
to as an Ice Queen, her mental voice betraying no hint of emotion.

Jayme recognised a predator when she saw one--psi-talent or not. She could
practically sense what she termed a "totemic" feel--a rather serpentine grace
and purposefulness to the woman, and the man? Some kind of big cat--only more
primeval and Paleolithic came to mind. A slightly thoughtful look surfaced on
her face as she maintained watch upon the pair....

{Mmhmm.} Vivica's eyes narrowed at the sight of the familiar pair. She excused
herself and began moving in the oppositie direction. A slow saunter at first.
{The Brotherhood is here too.} As she moved, her pace began to quicken. She
needed to get out sooner, rather than later. Anyone but Sabretooth and she might
have been fine. But him? He was beyond insane. A classic psychopath. And he was
more than capable of acting upon his urges.

{I know, though why that beast is her accompanyment I cant fathom.} replied
Emma, noticing the emotions ripping through the normally controlled psychics
mind via the communication they were sharing. {You seem to be disturbed by his
presense Vivica, are you in control?} Across the room, Sabertooth stopped for a
moment, obviously enhaling the scent of the woman standing not 5 feet from him,
the woman known as Kay Cera, fashion designer par excellant. As he enhaled, she
shiverred as if she had been actually touched, and slowly turned , looking at
the man just barely out of arms reach who was looking at her with a look of
unadulterated lust on his face.

{Always, Ms. Frost.} An obvious lie, but one she had to tell. She nearly bumped
into a waitress, but caught herself, grabbing a drink for both of their
troubles. There had been enough distance between the two of them she hoped.
{They're guests for the night?"}

Frost reminded her of the legends Aunt Gracie had related, of the Russian Snow
Queen or the Slavic Rusalka--seductive, ruthless and utterly cold. Jayme's
Tanzanite eyes shifted--the blue giving way to violet as a shiver slithered down
her spine. That blonde git reminded her a bit much of the crazed horse she'd
encountered--and that had cost the full use of her telepathy. It seemed a good
time to excuse herself and visit the powder room to 'freshen up'....because she
sure as hell didn't want to be anywhere near this place, if the big kitty cat
went feral. Then again. her mum was far less helpless than the kitty-cat-man
might expect--but she didn't know if the local dampening effected psychokinetic
psi-talents or not... To test the theory, she created a small forcefield 'ball'
in her hand... only for it to flicker in and out of existence. It'd be of no use
inside.

{Actually, as far as I know, no.} sent the White Queen, a trace of annoyance
detectable in her psychic "voice". {Though it is possible, I believe I will have
to ....} Her voice cutting out as she slumped, being caught by Tessa, Wolffes
assistant catching the glass she had been holding without spilling a drop in one
hand, the other arm reaching out to catch Emma, while quietly saying, "Guess you
have had enough to drink tonight Miss Frost." And then, "I will help her to her
quarters, if you will excuse me," to the guests surrounding them.

{Ms. Frost? Ms. Frost} Now she was getting more nervous. She brushed aside a
concerned party-goers questions, looking to see what happened to her mentor.
Vivica was beginning to wonder just what was going on. The timing of everything
was too convenient and she was never one for conspiracy theories. She was
looking around for anyone who could help. And more importantly, she had the
distinct feeling that there was a third member of the Brotherhood lurking
around...

Out of the corner of her eye, Vivica noticed the shadows in the romm appear to
darken slightly, and almost to shiver in anticipation. While even while taking
in everything, Jayme could suddenly feel a restrained, almost inhuman coldness
of spirit in the room. More than Sabertooths primal savagery, this was the
feeling of one who would see millions die for its cause. A true sociopath

Jayme had a really, really bad feeling about this--the kind that Aunt Gracie
shared with Indiana Jones about certain places and things. And the way things
were turning out, she might R.S.V.P. with regrets for a bit...

As the shadows darkened, Vivica downed her entire glass of wine. Suddenly she'd
decided a quiet evening at home would have been twelve times better. If it
wasn't for that stupid psi dampener... Still, there was no use in complaining at
the moment. Emma was down apparently, and three terrorists were in the building.
Not to mention Doom, in the back room. She began searching for security. Maybe
they'd be able to help.

The empath also started inventorying her immediate surroundings for something
more than the small bottle of perfume and the usual pepper spray she carried.
Jayme'd not exactly planned for handling unruly manimals at a charity gala--a
matter she'd have to revise her toilette for another time. Her silver hair
sticks weren't balanced for throwing, nor were they particularly 'sharp' enough
to do more than jab into an eye...but that would put her at the risk of
suffering much worse than any potential assailants. The skills she'd picked up
from her half-sister and Alison Double got her mind working instead of worrying.
What she needed for a predatory animal was a distraction...and a champagne
bottle or two could do the trick. She couldn't out fight or out muscle somebody
like Psycho-Kitty, but with a little work, she might be able to figure out-think
him... Jayme slid toward the area where the waitresses were handling champagne
bottles and helped herself to one, and a pair of glasses--as if she were going
to slip off for a private rendezvous...

Across the room, Kay Cera and Sabertooth joined hands and began a waltz, the big
man moving with a grace and ability that was suprising for one of his size.

Vivica walks with purpose, moving through the crowds towards the tacky-haired
valkyrie closest to her position in the large room. Really, white hair and tiger
stripes? That look was passe in the 80s. If not for her obvious purpose, Vivica
had the mind to see the woman removed from events such as this.

Jayme thought she'd recognised the darkskinned woman from somewhere--and when
she got closer, she was fairly certain it was someone she'd met at the London
and Paris branches in the past. She reached out and touched the smaller woman on
the shoulder, "Pardon me....Miss True?"

Vivica started at the touch, perhaps overly aware of her surroundings. From her
balled-up fist, it was apparent she was on edge. "Oh, Ms. Cera." Her posture
relaxes. "You scared me."

Jayme's startling, vivid eyes peered over the top of her glasses, "Didn't mean
t'scare you, but I can see I'm not the only one t'be set on edge and worried
about certain turns of events this evening. Shall we step t'the balconey for a
moment?" the young woman murmured.

It's fine," she nods and then offers a thin smile. "I need a bit of air anyhow.
This place has suddenly begun to feel crowded."

"Indeed." Jayme agreed drily as they headed to one of the balconies that
overlooked the impeccably manicured and landscaped grounds. Theys stepped
outside for some of that fresh air. "I take it you're acquainted with some of
the locals who are far more than fashionably late?"

The air seems tro do Vivica some good. She relaxes even more as she looks over
the gardens. "Mmmhmm. I've come across them a few times." She drags a finger
across the railing for a moment to see if it's clean. Satsfied she rests a hip
against it. "The brute waltzing with your mother - she looks absolutely charming
tonight by the way - is Sabretooth. There is also a shapeshifter, Copycat, in
our midsts and then there's Tatt who is perhaps the most dangerous of them all.
You wouldn't have happened to notice the room darkening, would you? Because that
was most certainly him."

Outside, both of the psychics feel their powers increasing back their previous
levels, though the room behind the still felt as if it was covvered in a power
dampining fog.

"Can't say that I recognise the names," Jayme replied honestly, though her
thoughts rippled under the surface, near her Public Mind, {...and I know a
predator when I see one...hopefully Mum will keep her wits and survival
instincts about her...}

{They're all dangerous,} Vivica responded with a nod. "But the timing is
impeccable." {And I think Ms. Frost has been drugged.}

"Indeed...how can one not notise one who shows up *after* Doom," Jayme replied
as she breathed slowly. {A little too impeccable if you were t'ask me. I'm
acquainted with Ms. Frost's reputation...and I happen t'be of the thought that
she's hardly the sort t'be in her cups at an event this important. For once, I'm
not finding the "fog" within t'be as restful as it usually is...}

A small smirk crossed the telepath's lips. {I've always thought of it as an
hindrance, personally. For these exact circumstances.} She looks out over the
garden again. "I'm more concerned what he wanted to chat with Ms. Watson about.
I hardly think he's just a fan."

"Indeed." Jayme replied as she set the bottle of champagne down for a moment,
"I'm hardly privy t'the inner workings of the Club--even though I've learned
that the father I never knew *was* more actively involved with some thing or
another in London. My half-siblings didn't even know the particulars, only that
they had attended certain events when they were minors, and we all inherited his
membership."

{And for what it's worth, I'm beginning t'agree with your assessment of the
psi-fog. I'm more than "just" a "pet psychic" as some are wont t'label me.}
Jayme added, obliquely referring to her work as an animal behaviourist and
trainer. {Think of me as more of Deanna Troi than Lwaxana.}

{Is that a...Star Trek reference?} Another smirk. {You are full of surprises,
aren't you, Ms. Cera. Pleasant ones at that.} She looks back at the woman. "I
don't know much more about the club, I imagine. But I do know that it's strange
for an actress to have secret meetings with a monarch and despot, no matter how
pleasant she is to be around." A sigh. "I suppose the real question, though, is
where do we go from here?"

"Well...the first thing comes t'mind is making sure we and my mum make it out of
here in one piece." Jayme replied succinctly, "I could tell you how t'deal with
an anxious tiger in a corner, but I'm not sure how much good I'm going t'be with
the "Manimal" she's dancing with..." Then she switched gears lightly, {Think of
my mum as Lwaxana, but she's as disadvantaged in there as you and I are...if I
don't mistake my memory, you've got something in common with Counselor Troi--and
yes, I'm a Star Trek fan...what I wouldn't give t'have a Klingon disruptor about
now...}

{I just find Patrick Stewart incredibly sexy. He reminds me a bit of the
pictures I've seen of Xavier.} Vivica nodded a bit, thinking. "I was about to
notify security. If nothing else, it would force our guests to show their hands
early. But it's Ms. Frost I'm truly worried about. Obviously they wanted to get
her out of the way."

{I've heard of Dr. Xavier. Mum mentioned she'd met him a long time ago,} Jayme
replied with a slight shrug, taking a peek back inside, {Perhaps letting
security know is the first thing t'do. I don't suppose you're more familiar with
the backstairs areas here?}

{Familiar? Not really. I've wandered through here a couple of times but I
wouldn't call myself an expert by any means.} She frowned slightly. {I don't
imagine it'd be too difficult to figure it out, though. Especially if security
was occupied.}

{My thoughts exactly...} Jayme replied soberly. {Wouldn't mind being able
t'knock out that 'fog' and clear the air as it were. Then we might stand a
better chance at seeing what's up with your friend...}

Suddenly, both women notice a man standing in the shadows of the doorway, "Hey
Vi. How are you?" he says with a slight trace of southern drawl. Standing in a
black and dark grey suit, his arms crossed and a slight smirk on his face, is
the mutant Vivica knew from her past as Tatt. Though he looked rather
unintimidating at only 5'8" 250lbs, his long brownish red hair pulled into a
pony tail, she knew exactly what he was capable of, and more than willing to do.
"Y'all might not want to go back in there right about now, its about to get
...interesting." his soft voice didnt change, but somehow Jayme could tell he
hungered for what might happen next.

Jayme kept her cool and 'watched' for her new acquaintance's reactions. The guy
was sneakier than her Aunt Samantha....but she let her eyes flicker over the
scene within, seeking out her mum...

"Hello, darling," she replied dryly. "I never pictured you could clean up so
well. Color me surprised." Her body tensed ever so slightly. She was no longer
leaning on the railing. "You're not planning anything...insidious are you? Your
idea of interesting is what most of us would label criminal and insane." She
makes a small 'whatever' gesture. "But who am I to judge?"

Across the room, her arms draped across Sabertooths shoulders as they danced,
Kat Cera laughed as if her companion had said something amusing. His long nailed
hands rested one on her hip and the other gently holding her upper back
Sabertooth waltzed, his face shifting between a mask of suprise, rage and
confusion and one of urban sophistication. "No one..Absolutely no one." replied
the coldest blooded assassin of the Brotherhood. "And I would like to see you
try to judge, if we do decide to remove a few useless flatscans from the pool."
he continued, as slowly black tribal tattoos seemed to extend from his suit up
the side of his neck towards his face.

Jayme would just have to trust her mum for now....it was wiser to keep an eye on
the more immediate situation right in front of them. Politics annoyed her most
days of the week, and today was proving no different...

"You know," he continued, "Victor keeps saying that you belong to him. I wonder,
why is that?"

She shifts her head ever so slightly at the sight of the tattoos. Her eyes then
match Tatt's. "I couldn't tell you. I imagine he's taken a fancy to me over the
years. You know how foreign women are unresistable to Yankees. Just look at
ABBA. As an aside, he's gotten over that fire hydrant thing, right? I thought
that was a bit disturbing, personally. And I'm a shrink."

"I couldnt tell you. I prefer rock not pop." Tatt replied, the tattoos slowly
reaching up the side of his face and seeming to merge with his eyes turning them
ebon black. "But I think he still blames you for that. He cant even drink water
now without shudderring." with that a slight, seeming normal, laugh came from
his lips. "But I think I might be interested in your new aquaintence. You are?"
he said raising an eyebrow and slightly smiling while reaching for Jayme's hand.
Reaching out his hand towards Jayme, the man known as Tatt offered his hand as
if to take hers.

{Don't touch him,} Vivica warned her fellow psion.

Jayme wasn't crazy about being touched by strangers and retained a grip on her
evening bag while making a pretense of using her hands to adjust her stole and
toying with a tassel unconsciously, {I'm not going t'go there if I can help
it...how well d'you know this chap?}

{Well enough to know that if you touch him, you'll be as powerless as the normal
humans inside. And that he won't hesitate to kill and take hostages. He's not a
very pleasant man.} Vivica looks back into the crowded room and at Sabretooth.
As long as he had on a tight leash... "I had no idea he could waltz like that."

His eyes never leaving Jayme, Tatt replied. "He cant. I wonder what game is up
now? But honestly I dont care since I am only here to provide backup. And if
perhaps you would care to dance?" he directed the last towards Jayme, his hand
still extended.

"I'm sorry, but I don't dance," Jayme replied gently but firmly. It was the
truth...she'd never been particularly graceful in the ballroom, though she was
quite the opposite in the fencing salle. It had more to do with her residual
shyness than athletic prowess. {Well, we'd prefer t'avoid that...we're on the
second floor yes?}

{We are, indeed.} "Where is your partner in crime?" She asks Tatt. "Or will she
be the one exploding out of the cake?"

"Well" he said, his hand dropping to his side slowly. "Perhaps we shall dance
another time." and then turning his head to Vivica "She is taking care of what
we are here to do. Just a simple conversation. Though perhaps we should be the
ones to dance?" he said, a hunger bordering on lust obvious in his voice.

"No thank you, darling. This dress is merely for show and as wonderful as
Manolos are to look at, they're hell on the dance floor. Rain check?"

"Oh yes, yes indeed I shall take you up on that offer at a later date." he
replied, then continued "You know, I really do wish you would come back..You
could be soo much fun if you just let yourself go."

"I'm British, darling. And wealthy. There's no such thing." She smirks at him.
"And I wish you would leave the flat-scans alone, but I have this feeling that
you won't."

"No...They are annoying and an evolutionary dead end. Plus they are only
interesting when they die." he replied calmly, far too calmly for someone
discussing killing.

"That's because you don't have the vision to see past that. I'll agree they're
annoying, but that's by no means a reason for murder. But you've heard the
speech before."

Jayme reached out to the skyrats, applying a little of her own motivations to
their pea-sized brains and gave them a target--the sociopathic bloke currently
making chitchat about people, the way most folks talked about cockroaches. {Get
ready t'get 'girly'...sorry if they happen t'hit us in the process...} Jayme
apologised to her fellow psychic, and then she "pulled" on that flock for all
she was worth. {I'll bug Mum t'cook up something t'replace that!}

{I do believe that will make this whole experience completely worth it.} She
crosses her arms casually. "So you mentioned a conversation...with whom?"

As the pidgeons from the roof rained down the digested remains of the days eats,
those that struck Tatt seemed to be swallowed by the blackness that composed his
suit. Standing, his arms now crossed over his chest, and ebon black tattoos
swirlling over his exposed flesh, Tatt looks from one to the other of the
psyChics before him. "You know, " he said softly, "That wasnt very funny. Not
very funny at all." and sudenly the shadows around him snapped out, engulfing
the pidgeons and leaviing only bloodly little lumps of meat and feathers behind
when they withdrew.

Vivica pressed herself against the railing as the droppings rained. Her face
contorted into one of mild distaste when he destroyed the offending birds. "No,
no it wasn't. Nor was your retaliation. I have the distinct feeling you kick
puppies..." She looked past him, trying to see if anyone inside looked
particularly inebriated, be it alcohol, prescription drugs or some divine
combination of the two. It was a charity event, for the homeless no less, after
all.

Jayme retained her calm. Since she was beside Viv, kept it in tact.

"Actually I like dogs..I just dislike flying vermin attempting to shite on me.
And if you dislike the response you shouldnt have nudged them like that. So dont
complain when you get a response to an action," he replied calmly. And while the
conversation continued, she peered past him to see that the party was seemingly
still progressing normally.

"Fair enough," the 'reformed' supremacist replied. "But do you have a response
to the question? Just what could Mystique possibly want to have a conversation
about. And with whom?"

"You want to know, ask her yourself." the mutant assassin said, still staying in
the shadows to the side of the door. "I am not stopping you from going in, just
figured it would be fun to pass the time..For old times sake." As he responded
he waved to the ball-room with one hand.

{My mum's off the radar,} Jayme muttered to Viv, {Can't see where she's gotten
of to...}

"And where am I supposed to find her now?" She says to Tatt, referring to
Mystique. She now looked for the elder Cera in the crowd. {I don't see her
anywhere, yet.}

"You know her..." Tatt replied in an offhand manner, "She could be anywhere."
with a shrug he showed his complete indifference obviously enjoying, in his
twisted way, the current game of cat and mice (from his viewpoint).

I sense lust...and a lot of it...] Jayme replied, a slither of worry in her mind
voice,

{Mum always did like t'flirt with danger...but this is...a bit much.} She wasn't
happy about it, but asking her mum to change her ways was rather like asking a
tiger to not be a top-level predator. It just wasn't going to happen. It was
Kay's nature--as much of a party-girl as Sersi--and in spite of everything, she
still loved her flamboyant mother, just not everything the elder Cera chose to
do...

{Sabretooth is a primal being. But if she's strong enough to control him despite
the psi dampener, she will know that already.} Vivica tried to reassure the
other woman, but she couldn't forget when Sabretooth made advances on her.
Unwanted advances that almost violated her, until she took his mind and violated
that. "Oh Tatt, now you're just being coy. Do you tease everyone like that or
just the pretty girls?"

"You ought to know Vi, I never just tease. Just because you dont enjoy my games
doesnt mean you not invited to play." he responded easilly, the emotional
undercurrent behind his words having a hunger that equalled that of his feral
teamate but was much colder.

Just because she didn't pick up any overt hostility yet, didn't mean it wasn't
there-- just in a different form. It was the same sort of feeling Jayme picked
up from those who engaged in dog-fighting rings, or otherwise drew malicious
pleasure from tormenting and mistreating animals....it set Jayme's teeth on
edge, as a metaphorical analogy, and much like a confrontation with a dangerous
animal that could turn on one at any moment, she maintained her calm. Their
survival might depend on the ability to think quickly and clearly...

"I have no problem with games, Tatt. I'd just like to be able to see the rule
book beforehand. How else am I supposed to win?" Vivica looked him over. "Why
don't you be nice and let me in?"

"As I said before" he replied, "you girls can re-enter the room anytime you
want." with a motion of his tattooed covered hand towards the open door.
"Though," he continued, "If you want in here" he tapped the side of his head "
you have to let me in there." at wich point he points a finger directly at her
heart. "Fairs fair after all."

The telepath smiles at him. "Your sense of humour hasn't faded over the years,
for sure." She absently traced her finger along the back of her neck and off her
shoulders, as if removing an unwanted touch. "Tatt, try not to kill anyone,
won't you? It's a charity event for Christ's sake." Then she looks at Jayme.
"Ms. Cera, are you ready to go?" She begins moving past him, albeit a bit
hesitantly, trying to stay as far out of reach as she possibly can.

Bowing slightly at the waist, Tatt allows the two psychic women past him, untill
just as they were almost past, he reached out and grabbed Vivica's hand. As she
pulled her hand from his grasp, Tatt say's, "Just remember how good it felt when
you knew you were better than them. Not protecting them like some trained dog,
but being the wolf you know you are." and then with a chuckle he continued.."And
dont worry sweet-meat. I am not here to kill y'all yet." at which he seems to
dissappear back into the shadows leaving only his voice, and the shadowy carress
lingering.

She rubbed her wrist, a slight scowl on her face as she watched him disappear.
How she even managed to associate with someone so despicable in her past, she
wasn't sure, but at the moment, they had more pressing things to worry about.
{We need to find out what's going on and quickly. I can search every room in
this house quickly, but I'm hesitant to leave my body unattended.} Her scowl
deepened as she crossed back inside and felt her power dwindle away into almost
nothing.

"Indeed," Jayme murmured aloud, her mindvoice silenced once they returned
within, "I'm quite well versed in period fencing and equestrian sports, but I
doubt I'd fare so well against some of what we've seen tonight..."

"Then I think we'll need to resort to good old-fashioned snooping." She looked
around for an exit that led further into the club. "If you're game."

"I thought you'd never ask..." Jayme replied with a conspiratorial grin. "Be
glad my half-sister only *seemed* t'be a pretty face...I picked up a good bit
from her, given she was a STRIKE agent for a number of years...."

"Oh, STRIKE. They're never around when you need them." Vivica said only in
half-disappointment.

Jayme rolled her eyes and sighed, "Isn't that always the case....another STRIKE
against them, eh?"

Vivica offered a giggle as they moved through the crowd. "Puns, Ms. Cera? You
never cease to surprise me." She looks around to see where security's attention
is currently focused. "Can you tell which direction your mother went?"

Jayme looked around and attempted to triangulate on the intense lust she'd
sensed earlier, while also watching the patterns of The Help... "One tic...and
remind me t'tell you about something a little birdy told me while we were
outside..."

"They actually volunteer information? I'm considering it a good thing I don't
have any pets now."

Reaching out, Jayme could "feel" the emotions coming from her mother and
Sabertooth, and the intensity of it, from both of them nearly takes her breath
away. "Well...it's something I'd rather not...Oh. My." Jayme exclaimed, her
Tanzanite eyes widening behind her glasses. "That's a little TMI...even for my
mum!"

"If it won't be too traumatic for you, point the way. If they can get in their
without a fuss being raised, surely we can." Vivica forces back a smirk at the
poor woman's expression. It was fortunate for her that her parents were far less
scandalous. She could only imagine what it'd be like to deal with that on a
regular basis.

"I'm certain I can--and shall we be glad for the white noise, now?" Jayme
replied with a roll of the eyes, "I'm certain we'd wind up with a true
Bacchinalia instead of the staid event in progress around us..." Jayme looked
around for the direction, and tilted her head slightly in the direction of a
service corridor, "Methinks they went "that-a-way"...t'quote the immortal Buggs
Bunny."

"I suppose the Lord truly does work in mysterious ways," the telepath quips in
reply to the "white noise" comment. She begins moving in the direction of the
service corridoor. "Buggs Bunny is fine. It's Porky Pig I'm more concerned with
at this point."

About 20 feet down the corridor, Jayme can feel her mothers emotions reaching a
cresendo, as are Saberttoths as well, the strength of them making her glad of
her currently reduced power. "What now?" Jayme muttered to her fellow psychic.

Vivica feels around for any secret doors. "An old manor like this has to have
some way for people to get around unseen."

"I don't think this's the way t'the powder room..." Jayme stated simply. Jayme
began to apparently appreciate the fine grained woods along the corridor and the
various forms of wainscotting and moldings, doing a little looking of her
own....

"I didn't find anything either." She sighs. "I suppose we should try to sweet
talk our way
past the guards. "Or... I can get close to them and then 'faint.' I imagine
they'd have to take us to a back room somewhere for me to recuperate."

As the two women discuss the situation, a door to what appearas to be a broom
closet opens and, straitening her dress and hair, out steps Key Cera, he face
flushed and slightly shiny. Behind her, his suit shirt torn to shreds, and
pulling his pants back on, sans underwear, is the mutant psychopath Sabertooth.

"Depends....and company at 5-o'clock...." Jayme added.

"That would be our cue to leave," she says, seeing Sabretooth and frowning
again. "That's a conversation I'm sure neither of us wish to have...unless you
think you're mother can help?"

Jayme slipped out of the corridor with Viv, subtly shaking her head, "She's got
her pet on a leash...for now....I don't suppose we could retire t'the library?"

"That works. Hopefully we're alone."

Jayme nodded in the direction of the ballroom and library, "We'll have t'head
across, but should be fine. I'm of a mind find a quieter place t'sit, given I'm
feeling a slight headache. Shall we?"

Vivica nods and follows suit, giving a waywad glance at the psychopath behind
her before focusing her attention on the task at hand. The more time they
wasted, the less chance they had of stopping whatever was going to happen.

Jayme feigned a headache as they moved past the partiers in the ballroom and
headed to the relative peace proffered by the library's hopefully-quieter
environment, while Viv played along as a concerned chum. It didn't take them
long to reach their intended refuge...

"Why don't you relax, darling," she said as they moved through the crowd. "Take
a few moments and recuperate." As they entered the library she immediately went
to shut the door, preparing them for the chance to really look around.

Within the library, there was only 1 person. A slim young man, maybe 22-23,
thick glasses on his face, apparently reading a book and sipping on a glass of
what appeared to be water. "Hello ladies." he said simply as they entered and he
set the book down.

"Hello darling. I hope you don't mind us intruding, but we needed a moment of
respite from the event."

Jayme found a place to sit and rubbed her temples, "Sorry t'disturb you...I've a
touch of a headache."

"No problem Catherine Beatrix Jayme Philippa Destine-Braddock, I was actually
just waiting for the two of you. Please sit as well Vivica True." he said,
gesturing to a chair.

Vivica blinked and looked at the man, then Jayme, then the man again. "Excuse
me?"

Jayme's face registered little outward surprise, though one fine dark brow
quirked upward, "And whom d'we have the pleasure of meeting?"

Vivica moved slowly over to the chair offered, her mind clearly trying to place
the face.

Taking off his glassses, the young man preceeded to wipe them with a kerchief he
pulled from his pocket. "Who I am isnt really important. Not nearly as important
as who you are and who you have the potential to be."

Vivica sits, crossing her legs. "Oh, I've heard this speech before. Several
times. Feel free to tell it again, however. It never gets old." Whether she's
being sarcastic or not is hard to tell.

Jayme studied his features as well...and listened to the tone of his words, and
how he said them--an innate side effect of being empathic, as well as simply a
very observant person, "I'm listening, though I prefer t'think of myself as an
'ordinary' hero...I've no intention of falling in t'the same trap Elisabeth
did..." She thought back about how her half-sister had been persuaded to serve
as Captain Britain, with great personal cost and disasterous results--and had no
intention of following such a fool's path--but she would listen."...but that
doesn't say that I won't listen t'what you say." Jayme concluded quietly.

"Well," the young looking man say's "Maybe you have and maybe you have not. I
know all about your past, and your presents, And wether it be with the Captains
and Roma, or the Brotherhood neither of you ever found the path you really
should have taken." looking through the lenses of his glasses he appears to be
satisfied with their cleanliness and places them back on his face.

The X-Man pursed her lips at the mention of her past with the Brotherhood. "And
you're offering said path, I take it?"

"Not really." replied the young man, "Just pointing you in the direction it
lays."

Jayme quirked one brow upward again, "And what do you believe that destiny
t'be?" Jayme asked, a touch of skepticism in her voice, but she didn't have
enough information to make a valid deduction as of yet.

Reaching out, he spreads a series of folders in front of himself hat you are
almost sure were not there moments ago."In each of these, is the information you
need to find a person, who like yourself, needs direction. Wether you decide to
find and band together is up to you to decide. But it would be really helpful if
you did."

Vivica grabs one of the dossiers and opens it. "Are you being purposefully
vague?"

"I am giving you as much information as A" at this he raises a finger "I am
allowed. and B" raises a second "yo are capable of using/understanding at this
time." as Vivica looks through the dossier she knows there is something in it
but her mind refuses to focus on the contents.

She shuts it. "And what happens if I refuse your offer?"

"Then, " he says with a shrug, "you refuse it. I am here to offer a choice, that
is all."

And if I accept, what's in it for me? More impossibly vague statements to
accompany your random appearances?"

"No." he replies calmly in the face of the woman sarcasm, "You might just be
able to save the world."

Jayme looked through the information with an analytical mind, "Y'know....you're
about as informative as Roma and Saturnyne, but not *quite* as obscure as Uncle
Albert when he's trying t'teach his postulants a zen koan."

She mutters, "Bloody wonderful. The world's at stake. Again." She looks over at
Jayme, who seems to be taking it in stride. The prospect of 'fulfilling her
potential' was interesting, for sure. That might be what hooked her, if
anything.

"Well," the so far unnamed young man continues, "How about I give you two the
night to think it over? There really is not too big of a rush on this." and with
that he begins to stand and straitens out the crease on his pants leg and begins
to put his suit jacket back on.

"And you won't give us a name?" Vivica asked.

"You can call yourselves whatever you want." he responds with a slight smirk, "I
however, am just Wyrd." at which point he, and the folders, seem to just fade
out of exhistance.

Jayme quirked up a brow, "Well....now that was...wierd, if you'll pardon the
pun....and how would you feel about heading t'a
more...comfortable...destination? I'd love t'get out of these bloody heels..."

"I think, that would be fine. My condo is in the city." She stands. "You know, I
think I really am getting a headache now."

"Indeed. I live here in Manhattan, so we could catch a cab t'my loft. You on the
East Side here?" Jayme inquired.

With the Brotherhood seeminglyat their best behavior, Emma Frost out of reach
and the night's proposition, the two psychics made their way out of the Hellfire
Club and into the night. They had a lot to discuss...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 03:59PM by Gene.
March 17, 2009 04:01PM
Intro Post # 3 Force

It was dark outside the Institute... the moon shining it's silvery light across
the dim landscape. Kane was alone, taking a brisk walk... at the moment just
enjoying how the cold air felt on his face, as it was not yet Spring and the
cold was suppressed only by the thick wool sweater and padded denim pants he
wore. He never let the cold bother him too much... you could always put a
blanket on if it was too cold. Much more difficult to cool down if you're too
hot. His blonde hair was spiked up, an unusual contrast to his half Asian
features. He sighed a bit as he recalled the last couple of months he had spent
with the X-Men... he was beginning to wonder if he would fit in anywhere.
Sometimes he wished he could just go someplace with no humans to mock him and
his kind. Sadly, such a place did not exist as far as he knew. Then again,
that would be running away from things... that's what he was good at, wasn't it?
Running? He shook his head and looked toward the sky at the stars and moon...
gazing, lost in the beauty of the cosmos*

*As his mind and spirit contemplated the universe and its inherent unfairness, a
figure stepped out of the shadows behind him. "Hello boy." said a voice he
recognized as belonging to only one man, the Hand trained killer that the
Brotherhood allowed out normally only for a fairly high body count, Tatt*

"Oh crap"! *Kane spun around as he recognized the voice, his eyes widening with
horrid recognition... he stepped back in a surprised panic, but battle instincts
honed via his time with the X-Men overrode his startled hesitance. As he
stepped back, his feet began to raise off the ground as a mental switch was
flipped in his head. Golden energy began to crackle about his form and
manifested into a vaguely humanoid form superimposed on his own... a golden
psionic exoskeleton enclosing the young mutant* "What do you want, Tatt"?

"Well" said the sociopathic mutant, his voice seeming friendly and quiet,
"thought I'd just drop in to see how the other traitor to the cause is doing."
as he spoke, the shadows that he wore as clothing formed themselves from a suit
to a black muscle shirt and jeans as well as what would commonly be called
"stompers", steel toed work boots. "I saw Vivica tonight." he continued, almost
conversationally mentioning one of the other mutants who had deserted the
Brotherhood for the X-Men, "I wonder how she would react when she finds out what
happened to "Frog Boy"."

*His eyes narrowed through the exoskeleton and he took a step forward, the
ground impacted by the force of the exoskeleton's foot. As he curled his
fingers into a fist, the "fingers" of the exoskeleton did the same. He
remembered Tatt all too well... though he'd honestly prefer to deal with Tatt
over Sabertooth any day of the week. Both were killers, that much was
certain... but Sabertooth's cruel streak seemed to be slightly more intense than
the tattoo'd mutant's. Come to think of it, he'd rather not deal with either of
them. He was here though... and had bypassed the mansion's security. He had to
know the other X-Men were nearby and would come to his aid. Cockiness, or did
he have an ace up his sleeve? He decided he'd rather not find out* "If you've
hurt either of them..."

"Well, I havent hurt Vi, yet I plan on having a bit of fun with her. And by the
way, we both know she will eventually come back to where she belongs." at this
though the mutant assassin smiled coldly, "Just like you know it. Why be a pet
to those who call you freak, genejoke, monster." throwing out the words as he
circled Force, not moving at the speeds he was capable of, just step by step,
his hands crossed behind him, and the black tattoos writhing up his bare arms
and neck.

*His eyes followed the assassin as he circled him... trying to keep him in front
of himself at all times, the grass suffering for his efforts. His words stung
him to his core... Tatt knew those words could set him off. Get him mad...
angry enough to make mistakes that could cost him. He scowled, yelling out* "I
am NOT a monster! Not like you... *He swallowed, the adrenaline rushing through
his body as it grew nearer to the outcome he dreaded. He wasn't sure he could
take Tatt, but he wasn't about to let Tatt know that. He got into a defensive
stance... just like Mystique had shown him months ago. He wouldn't run though.
He'd done enough of that metaphorically... he was no coward. He wouldn't call
for help either. No, that would be a form of cowardice, he decided. If he
couldn't handle this psychopath on his own, he wasn't worthy of his power. He
really didn't know what Tatt was fully capable of, and so may have
underestimated him... which could cost him dearly* "And I swear I'll kill you
if you've so much as touched Vivica or Toad..." *Such harsh words... but was
one so young and inexperienced prepared to back them up?*

"You really wanna fight me boy?" Tatt asked, his voice still sounding almost
friendly, which was always one of the scariest things about him. Sabertooth
would come after you like a beast but Tatt could give you a smile and a hug and
rip your spine out at the same time. "And I have so much more than touched
froggy, you might decide if you want to fight me or if you want to get him some
help so he doesn't bleed to death." as he made this statement calmly and coldly
he smiled almost in a friendly manner.

*He stiffened. Panic suddenly racing through his body as the implications hit
him. Mort was in trouble and this bastard had all but killed him... or was he
bluffing? He had never known him to bluff, though... could he chance it and
risk attacking the killer? He decided he couldn't take the chance, speaking
through gritted teeth* "Where is he"?

"Go near the lake and follow the whimpers" Tatt replied with a smile, seeming to
savor the dread coming off of the other mutant. "He shouldn't be too hard to
find, well most of him shouldn't."

*Force scowled at Tatt* "You and me... we're not done, not by a longshot. Mark
my words"! *With that he turned and crouched, launching himself in the air via
the exoskeleton's enhanced strength and leaping ability... heading in the
direction of the lake. All the while hoping he wasn't too late... with the
sickening feeling that he might be. He gritted his teeth and steeled his
stomach for whatever he might find*

Tatt smiled as he watched the younger mutant leap away. "Don't worry boy, you
will get plenty of time to show what you've got." he said as the shadows seemed
to reach out and draw him into them until he was no longer there. As he lands
and begins looking, Force can neither see nor hear any sign of his team-mate.

*He grimaces... lowering his forcefield as his feet once again touch the ground.
Breaking into a run, he frantically runs up and down the lake shore, calling
out* "Mort! Where are you"?! *His eyes dart from side to side as his concern
for his teammate... for the life of a fellow mutant overrides his senses. He
cannot see him anywhere* "Damn it all... where, where, where"!?

Finally, Force hears a slight rustle in the reed on the bank, and barely a voice
saying "Kane..Help" at a volume barely above a whisper. Laying on the ground in
a pool of his own blood, is the young mutant known and like as a prankster, a
friend, and a staunch defender. And as the blood slowly pumps out of him, Forces
mind finally registers one horrific fact, his legs have been cut off just below
the thighs!

*Rushing over, he nearly slips on the wet bank... barely catching himself as he
parts the reeds, mentally steeling himself for what horrific sight might greet
his eyes. He didn't know first aid. Was it safe to move him? His heart nearly
stops when he sees the state of Mortimer* "Oh my god... Mort man, what did that
son of a bitch do to you"? *Activating his force field exoskeleton again, he
forms the hands into a makeshift gurney, almost bowl-shaped, to ensure that he
doesn't fall out. Gently scooping him up, he runs as fast as his exoskeleton
will allow him toward the mansion, not wanting to risk the impact that leaping
might cause. He literally kicks open the front door to the mansion, so in a
hurry is he, yelling out as he enters* "Help! We need a medic, now"!

His cries bring help quickly, first to show up is the holographic Cerebra, her
artificial features pinching in true pain as she see's the ruin that is Toad.
"Oh little mutant, what have you gotten yourself into?" she say's her synthetic
voice motherly and warm. Then, her voice assuming a colder more utilitarian
tone, "Med center activate...Stasis chamber..Online..Surgical Bay..Online" As
this happens, Ayosha, in a display of athletic prowess even the jungle cats
would envy, jumps from the 3rd floor landing, off the 2nd floor Bannister, and
lands with barely a whisper of a sound. Only seconds behind him, the mutant teen
sorceress Illyana Rasputin appears through a glowing portal, clad only in
gleaming silver armor on her lithe young form, grasping her flaming sword in her
right hand.

*He watches the dramatic entrances of the three beings with what would have been
amazement had it not been for the fact that his friend lay in a growing pool of
his own blood in his exoskeletal hands, the crimson pool of the young mutant's
blood a disturbing contrast to the golden glow of the energy field surrounding
Force. He frowns, looking toward them all, prepared to take him to the med bay
or give him over to another, whichever will save the life of Mortimer Toynbee.
He speaks through the bile forming at the back of his throat* "It was Tatt...
he bragged about it. Where's Vivica"?

"Ms True is listed as attending a social gathering at the Hellfire Club this
evening" part of Cerebra answered while the other mego-computing power that was
the X-Mens major domo and artificial mom rolled into one worked on transporting
Toad to the medical facility to attempt to save his life. "And if you could find
Mortimer's legs that would be very helpful."

*Force nodded quickly, looking more than a bit pale as he handed Toad over to
Cerebra... the bowl shaped hands of his exoskeleton reformed into the shape of
massive hands, proportionate to the rest of the energy sheath surrounding the
young mutant. He turned wordlessly, and ran off through the battered opening
where the front door once was, having to squeeze the bulk of his psionic
exoskeleton through. Once clear of the door frame, he turned towards the lake
once more and crouched, his powerful "legs" propelling him through the air at
high speeds. Mort's powers... his pleasure in life derived from using his legs.
To have taken them from him was beyond cruel. He seethed inwardly at the
audacity of Tatt, and vowed to someday make him pay for what he had done.
Landing nearby to where he had found what was left of Mortimer, he began to
search for the missing appendages... being careful to not overlook anything, and
glad that his force field cast somewhat of a light*

As he looked around, nearly panicking, Force detected a smell, coppery and
thick. There, hidden in the weeds, bound into the shape of an X, were Toad's
legs!

*A rush of endorphins added to the adrenaline already in Force's system as he
beheld the limbs. He was elated to have found them, but disgusted to have found
them. He carefully moved over and picked up the legs, hoping it wasn't too late
to save them... and with another bound he lept back toward the mansion, landing
about 50 feet from the broken doorway. Moving as fast as he was able, he ducked
into the doorway and called out to whoever was present, all the while struggling
not to vomit* "I found them"!

"Bring them to the medic bay" came the simultaneously cold and artificial and
caring voice of Cerebra.

*He nodded and and swiftly moved between the massive stairways in the foyer to
the elevator, pushing the button to open the doors. Stepping inside, he
scrunched his exoskeleton into the small area, packed in like a sardine as the
elevator goes down. Upon reaching the sub basement, he ducked through the open
doors, making his way down the sterile hallway toward the medbay... again
squeezing through the door. He had kept his exoskeleton active all this time,
not really desiring to touch the severed legs. Looking around, he carefully
held up the appendages in his exoskeleton's cupped hands* "Where should I put
them"?

Upon arriving in the med bay, Force saw Toad laying on the slab, his features
wan and drawn, Cerebra hovering next to him motioning while controlling the
various medical bots working on him. "Just set them there" she said to him,
motioning towards a tub filled with a green jell.

*Force nodded again and quickly but gently set the legs in the green soup... and
finally let his forcefield down, his feet gently lowering to the ground as the
golden psionic field retreated into the recesses of his body and mind. He moved
slowly toward the slab where Toad was laying, not getting too close as he didn't
want to get in the way. He chewed on his lip for a long tenuous moment... he
wondered where Vivica was, and what her reaction would be. Surely she'd want to
kill Tatt even more then he wanted to. Finally he spoke in a trembling voice*
"Is he... going to be alright"?

"I believe Force, that I shall be able to stablize him, and should, with luck,
be able to surgically reattach his legs. Though wether he will be able to walk
again, much less jump, is open to speculation." Cerebra responded to his
question.

*He sighed at that and nodded... boy he sure was a bobblehead tonight, he
thought* "Without his ability to leap... I mean, that was his only real true
joy in the world. He loved to hop. How could Tatt have done something so
cruel"? *His words seemed choked up, though whether this was because he was
sickened from the sight of all the blood and gore or if something else was on
his mind was open to interpretation*

"While I do want to help you with your current emotional crisis Force," Cerebra
stated, gently "I need all available processing power to tend to Toad at this
time. So, if you would wait outside."

"Oh, uh... sure thing. Sorry". *Like a zombie, he stepped outside... leaning
against the hallway wall. Sighing, he rubbed his temples and shut his eyes,
mentally going over the events of the evening. So much had happened in the last
hour... he didn't know what had happened to the other X-Men, and for some
strange reason, he didn't really care at the moment. He slumped to the ground,
his back sliding down the wall. He just kind of zoned out at that point, lost
in the chaos that the world seemed to be filled with. Why couldn't life be
easier?*

"You know." said a soft male voice from just around the corner. "I might be able
to help you."

*His eyes snapped open and he looked up, scooting his backside up the wall with
the help of his hands and elbows. Moving quickly around the corner, he looked
to see who the unfamiliar voice belonged to* "Who's there"?

Stepping out into the light, a young man wearing wire rimmed glasses, which he
preceded to remove and polish with a clothe from his pocket, and then said "I
should be able to help your friend."

*Kane kind of backed up a bit, not knowing how this guy suddenly appeared in
front of him. Was he another Brotherhood member? For all he knew, they'd
swelled their ranks since he last saw them. No... this guy was way too dorky
looking to be in the Brotherhood. No way Sabertooth would let that fly unless
the guy was secretly a powerhouse... which he could be for all he knew. Best to
play it safe for now and assume him to be a hostile* "Who the hell are you and
how did you get past security"? *He paused a moment and tilted his head* "Help
my friend? You mean Mort"?

"Yes," the young man replied calmly, "I do mean Mort" putting his glasses back
on he adjusted them then continued, "I could be mistaken, but I should be able
to re-attach his legs with almost, if not complete usage. And all I ask is that
afterward, you listen to what I have to say."

*He stiffened, disturbed by how much this guy seemed to know about what had
happened. Suspiciously, he regarded the man... what was his angle? He shook
his head and and looked the man in the eyes* "I wouldn't have to do anything?
Just listen to you"?

"Just listen, that's all..Though, I will do what I can for Toad regardless." the
young man continued "I just do need to talk to you when I am done." as he said
the last he started heading to the entrance of the mansion.

*He chewed on his lower lip again, and sighed. He didn't care who the guy
was... if he could help Mort, he wanted his help* "Alright... just please, help
him. Without his mutant power, he'll just be a shadow of himself". *Kane, oh
Kane... what are you getting yourself into, he thought. No looking back now*

Walking into the mansion like he knew the way, the young man, who as of yet had
not given his name, walked to the elevator and stepped inside. Looking at Force
he said, "Well Kane, are you coming?"

*Looking back for a moment, he paused, before stepping quickly toward the
elevator. Man oh man, if the others knew he was letting some intruder into the
mansion, he'd never hear the end of it. He stepped into the elevator and looked
again at the man, a little unsure whether he was doing the right thing*

Pushing the sequence of buttons that allowed the elevator to go to the
sub-levels where the med bay was located, the young man waited patiently for the
movement to finish. When the doors opened, he stepped out and walked directly to
the med bay. Cerebra looked up at the intruder and started to speak when the you
man said "Alpha-Beta-Hotdog-Charley". at which point Cerebra froze immobile.
Walking forward, he gestured towards the vat holding Toads legs. Slowly they
floated out, and landed next to Toads unconscious body.

*Force followed the strange man out of the elevator... walking behind him into
the medbay. As Cerebra froze, he blinked... if he had hurt her, he would try
his best to make this man regret it. He narrowed his eyes and watched as Toad's
legs floated out of the vat, speaking plainly* "What did you do to Cerebra"?

Raising his hands over Toads body, the unnamed man responded "I couldn't allow
her to interfere." then he motioned again and Toads legs closed the gap between
themselves and the body. As the young man continued to motion, the flesh
between the legs and Toads body began to bubble and flow, like wax being
smoothed and shaped.

*Force frowned at that... he didn't fully or even slightly trust the man. Even
though he said he was going to help Mort, he had no reason to believe he was
actually going to offer assistance or that he even could. His eyes widened as
he beheld the events unfold in front of him... watching as the Toad's flesh was
shaped like some bizarre form of vicissitude*

From each of the legs and each of the thighs minute tendrils of flesh and bone
began to reach out towards it opposite. Twining together, slowly rebuilding and
removing the slight space that separated them. In his unconscious state Toad
moaned slightly and the young man gently said "Quiet my friend..I am doing what
I can."

*It was almost sickening to watch... horrible and gory was the scene set before
him, yet he found that he couldn't look away. It was intriguing, like a
horrific traffic accident inviting rubberneckers to slow down and stare as they
passed by. He blinked and continued to watch, hoping that whatever the man was
doing would work and the Toad would hop again. Anger flashed through him once
again as he thought about Tatt and what he had done. He had said he had payed
Vivica a visit... what did he mean by that? He prayed she was ok*

As the flesh knit together before their very eyes, Force could tell this was
requiring immense concentration on the part of the young man before him. His
brow was furrowed, jaw clenched, and beads of sweat were pouring down his face.
Obviously this was not something he did every day.

*He almost reached out to the man out of concern... but hesitated once he told
himself he didn't know this guy from Adam. Still, this guy was able to reattach
severed tissue... that was pretty heavy, to quote that old movie. He simply
watched and waited for his friend to recover from Tatt's savage attack*

Finally, after what seemed hours, though was probably only minutes, Toads legs
were again whole, showing no sign of the terrible destruction done by the
Brotherhoods assassin. Stepping back, the young man turned to Force and says
"Now, he is going to need a bit of rest. And I have things I must do soon, so if
we could step back outside and talk?" with a gesture to the exit.

*He blinked, having expected to see scarring... seeing none, he stared for a
moment before looking to the mysterious man in glasses* "Umm.. yeah, sure. Uh,
thank you". *He turned then to walk with the man back down the hallway and to
the elevator*

After exiting the elevator, and then the mansion itself, the young man, taking
the kerchief again out of his pocket, preceeded to remove his glasses and clan
them again. Obviously this was a nervouse habit as the lenses still seemed clean
to Force. Turning to him he started speaking. "I know you are currently an
X-Man, and that in the past you have been a member of the Brotherhood." At this
he paused a moment, then continued. "What I am here to do is offer you a chance
to join with others who will be working to make the world a better place, in
fact to save it. Not just for mutants though, for everyone."

*Following the strange man out of the elevator, through the foyer and out the
remnants of the front door, he remained wary. Upon hearing the spoken words of
the man, Force stiffened. Who the hell was this guy and how did he know so much
about him? Looking at him more suspiciously then ever, he crossed his arms,
wondering a whole heck of a lot of things about this individual* "You work for
the Avengers or something? I'm fine where I'm at right now, so no thanks".

*Shaking his head, he blinked and rubbed his eyes... wondering if he had been
hallucinating. Looking all around and finding no sign of the mysterious man, he
sighed. What a night. Turning, he moved back into the entryway and entered the
mansion. If no one greeted him in the foyer, he moved back to the elevator and
made his way back to the medbay to check on Cerebra and Mortimer*

March 17, 2009 04:36PM
Intro Post #4 Tyger/Spectrum

Date is March 14 1994
Time 1:45pm
Location Newark, New Jersey
Job: Looking for "Digger" Monohan a mutant who fled a alimony case in DC
Currently following a lead to Gheechies, a mutant bar in Newark
You arrive at the bar via cab

Tyger gets out of the cab and shakes head as he looks at the price. He pays the
cabby and gives him an extra $10 tip. "Thanks man." The cabby waves as Tyger
gets out.

"Whatever." Tyger responds closing the cab door and looking the outside of the
bar over.

He looks the bar up and down from behind his dark Gargoyle sunglasses. A
thought, and a blink, and his vision shifts to detect patterns of energy in and
around the building. ((Energy Detection: IN, roll: 76))

The seedy exterior was everything Tyger expected, windows too dark to see
through, old brick walls, sign with only 1/2 the neon lit. If mutants had to
congregate in some of the scummiest places, how did they expect to be more than
lower class? Behind the expensive shades, Tygers eyes took in what at first
seemed a normal bar-building, until, of course he switched his vision to see the
various energies he, by nature of his own mutation, could detect and manipulate.
There was a slight energy field surrounding the entire building, a field made up
of various various energies and frequencies of the electro-magnetic spectrum
that was decidedly not normal/natural.

Curious, but not overly concerned with the field around the building, Tyger
reaches into the inside pocket of the black leather trench coat his wearing and
takes out a picture of his target. The image in the photo is that of a sad
looking little man with oversized eyes behind oversized glasses. He was not one
that would normally concern Tyger. The little mouse of a man was obviously not
going to be a problem. One would think an accountant would be smarter than to
run from a alimony settlement.

Tyger looks over the photo one more time and then returns it. He adjusts his
coat, and the collar of the black button up shirt. "Let's get this over with,"
he says to himself as he takes a deep breath and heads into the building. Inside
the bar, Tyger takes the customary look around seeing if he can spot Digger. He
doesn't expect it to be that easy, but one never knows.

Within the bar, the lights are low, and the smoke is heavy. The music coming
from the jukebox is an old Beatles tune "Hey Jude". People line the bar, most
seeming normal at first glance though a few have obvious mutations. The guy at
the door wearing the black tee-shirt with security stenciled on the front, and
no eyes glances at Tyger and points to a sign on the wall.

"Gotcha" Tyger says the security guy and takes a deep breath and steps further
into the bar. ((Intuition roll RM: 86))
In the corner you spot "Digger" sitting in a booth, a woeful expression on his
face and a pitcher of something amber colored and a glass sitting in front of
him. Next to him is a woman, who perhaps 10 years ago would have been beautiful,
even with the magenta skin and green hair.

Tyger continues toward the bar keeping his eyes open, until he spots Digger in
the corner. He looks over the crowd again and knows they could be trouble even
for him. While a good fight could be fun, might even take some of the edge off,
it would be counterproductive. He glanced back at the sign and the security
guy... "And against the rules" he thinks to himself. He finds a spot at the bar
where he can see Digger and waits for the bartender to acknowledge him. "Rum
and coke, hold the rum." He says with a half smirk.

The bartender, a stunningly attractive man on one side and a beautiful woman on
the other ((Think Janus)) replies "Coming right up." in his/her dual voice, each
face answering at the same time.

((Who's Janus?))
((Greek godling with a face on either side of head...This mutant faces both
ways..1 side male the other female...Instead of side by side like a lot of
illustrations is back to back))

Tyger does a double take at the bartender, but tries to play it off with a smile
and simply readjust his glasses. He then glances back at Digger, switching his
sight once again to detect energy. This time he's looking at Digger to get an
idea of the man's personal energy signature. This wasn't the place to cause a
ruckus, so he'd wait until the little man left to make his move and wanted to
make sure he could follow him easily.
((Energy Detection: IN, roll: 70 - yea.. the dice are going to bomb on me when I
need 'em most.. I can feel it!))

The energy field that surrounds all creatures is definitely there as well around
the little man, but there is something else too. Hanging over him is another
signature, one bigger than his, almost seeming to hover about him but never
really touching him.

"Oh this is getting even more interesting." Tyger thinks to himself. He
cautiously reaches out with his powers to touch this second energy field then
thinks twice about it. Bars like this seems innocent enough, but they normally
a powder keg with this many mutants in one spot; everyone secretly wanting to
prove who was the strongest. If that second signature was what he thought it
was this would be a lot more than a simple retrieval, and any direct contact
could be the spark to set off this powder keg. He nursed his beer and called up
to the bartender. "Hey you guys serve food?"

"Sure sweetie." replied the female side of the bartender with a smile "We have
pretzels, hotdogs, hamburgers, fries and the best cheesesteak this side of
Philly."

"Cheesesteak," a longing for past good times and good food momentarily flooded
Tyger's mind. He took a deep breath to calm the anger that started to build in
him of times long past and opportunities stolen from him. "Yea.. let's go w/
the cheesesteak, and fries."

"You got it." the female side replied, then the male called out "Burt! One Phy
make it irish!' in a pleasant tenor, as the fem jotted down on her receipt pad,
and then asked "You wanna pay now or wait?"

"Pay it now," Tyger says reaching for his wallet. "Poor attention span, I'd walk
out and forget in a heartbeat, and Mr Happy at the door don't look he'd be to
keen on that." Tyger again forces a smile.

"Keep it light, don't give into the anger." He repeats the mantra he picked up
somewhere along the way to himself. He really wants to keep this as simple as
possible.

"Ok," she says with a seemingly genuine smile, "That would be..$5.50"

"Here you go. Keep it." He gives over a $10. "Oh, I'm going to need a receipt
for that."

"Marcus is going to owe me for this. I just know it." Tyger thinks to himself.

"You got it sweetie." she replied, ripping of a receipt from her pad and handing
it to him. As she walked away to the next customer, an old mutant with skin like
copper, she whistled a little tune.

Tyger's gaze returns to the corner where Digger is sitting, he keeps his eye not
only on the little man and his companion, but also the energy field surrounding
him.

The man seems to be attempting to drown his sorrows in beer, and the company of
women of negotiable virtue. Though without extensive amounts of money, this
choices are limited. And as for the energy field that seems to be hovering over
him, it just seems to be there.

After two hours, and the best cheesesteak he had eaten in many a year, Tyger
wached Digger stagger to his feet, wave off the unusually skin colored woman,
and stagger towards the door.

((did I get any info on what his abilities are?))
((He can mind probe at touch...He can dig through your memory))

As Digger moves towards the door, Tyger gets up too, and waves a "thanks" to the
bartender, and follows Digger outside.

Outside a thought and Tyger is surrounded by a field of energy, he shifts the
light of his energy sheath to the violet-ultraviolet specturm to make it near
impossible to see w/ the naked eye and moves close to Digger. "Hey friend, can
I call you a cab?"

"Nooope" responded the drunken mutant, "I jussssh live right uver there" with a
drunken wave in the direction of 1/4 of the city. Staggering, Digger turns and
lurches off, his slow and unsteady pace taking him home...eventually.

"Actually u have a new home waiting for you in a cell in our fine nation's
capital." Tyger says, and releases a beam of light which form into manacles
which he attempts to shape around Digger's wrists. ((Energy Solidification
(light):IN, roll: 68))

The light particles surround Digger form into manacles around the surprised
drunkard, his face going slack from shock and surprise.

Tyger forces the manacles to contract behind Diggers back. He then again
switches to his energy sight to check on the other field that was surrounding
his target before he moves in. ((Energy Detection: IN, roll: 65))

The field is hovering above the little man, but doesn't appear to be doing more
than that, even as he cries out "Owwie!" from the rough treatment he is
receiving from Tyger.

"Alright Digger, I'm Tyger and I'm taking you back to DC for jumping bail.
Should have paid your alimony, or at least gone in and asked for an extension or
something. Now come on we gotta find the local cops so I can put you out of the
way until I can arrange for our flight home." Tyger's energy sheath still
active, and using his energy detection to keep an eye on the misc surrounding
field, grabs hold of the manacles. Keeping Digger where he can see him, Tyger
hails for another cab.

Suddenly, the energy field actually does something. Separating itself from the
mutant, it flows towards a nearby light pole. With screeching sound worse than
nails on a chalkboard, the pole begins tearing itself apart and reassembling
itself into a new configuration. The metal molds itself into the rough
approximation of a human form, then slowly turns its head and seems to look
Tyger up and down.

*sigh* "Just couldn't sit around and watch could you? Could have waited until I
got him back to DC and collected my money and then had issues w/ the local
police... but nooo." Tyger says rolling his eyes.

"And you come here." Tyger grabs Digger and pulls out a pair of real handcuffs
from under his coat. Tyger handcuffs Digger's arms around a nearby light post.
You stay here, oh and start yelling for the cops or something ok."

Seeming to become more comfortable with each passing moment to its new
encapsulating form, the metallic figure steps down, ripping the wires loose that
were running through it moments ago.

Tyger steps away from Digger and looks at the newly formed metallic figure.
"Ok, so ... what's the 'Reader's Digest' version of your story?"

Slowly, but gradually with more speed and confidence, the metallic figure walks
around a few steps, seeming to revel in its new physicality. As Tyger addresses
it, it raises its right arm, and forms a slender upraised appendage from where
its hand should be, either motioning him for a moment or flipping him off..

Tyger's energy sheath shifts to an angry red glow surrounding him, "I'm really
not in the mood for this." He responds releasing a laser at the appendage
attempting to cut it off at the wrist. ((A:AM+2CS Weapon Specialist Beams/Blast:
UN, roll: 26 - I knew it!))

Looking at the smoking stump where its hand was, the being stands still,
suddenly Tyger senses a change in the flow of nearby electro-magnetic forces as
they seem to be pulled towards the metallic figure. Electricity erupts from the
spot the being had created its shell from as well as the other two light poles
converging on the figure. As this happens its metal seems to almost melt,
flowing and becoming smoother, more graceful. The semi-humanoid nature of the
manikin-like form now quickly approximating something very human in appearance
though still composed of metal. Looking like slim, young woman. The being looks
at its hand which begins to glow a cherry red.

Pursing "her" lips, the metallic figure makes a throwing gesture and a glob of
red hot semi-liquid metal flies towards Tyger's head.

((Dodge, Agility: AM, roll: 45))
The glob of liquid metal, glowing red hot, splashes against Tygers right
shoulder as he dodges out of the way, luckily the energies that are his to
command ensheathe him and incinerate the metal and absorb the heat before it is
able to injure him.
"You really wanna play this game?" Tyger responds as a wave of light takes him
airborne and he unleashes another laser at the figures chest. ((A, Blast UN:
roll 56))

The laser let forth flies true to the mark, and leaves behind a glowing hole in
the center of the metallic beings chest, a hole that shows within a glowing
energy, not flesh and blood or even more metal. Looking down at "her" chest, the
beings face assumes a look of displeasure and concentration, and then energies
again seem to be drawn into her and the visible energy that "she" is composed of
glows brighter.

Tyger pulls back his hand and realizes he's enjoying the blasting way to much
and accomplishing nothing. "I really am smarter then this." He thinks to
himself. He holds his attacking focusing on trying to figure out what type of
energy is at work here, but getting ready to dodge anything that might come his
way. ((Energy Detection: IN, roll 77))

Looking at the metal clad being before and under him, it occurs to Tyger that
the energies she is composed of are at least partially those he commands.

Picking out the energies he manipulates and making conscious note that the
being, whatever it actually maybe, is actually drawing electricity from its
surroundings; Spectrum decides to try a different tactic. He uses his command
over Magnetism to pull at the creature, trying to draw it out of its metallic
shell. ((Magnetic Manipulation: IN, roll 38 - green))

The being staggers, seeming to silently scream, then draw herself together and
takes off into the sky leaving the metallic shell behind.

"Oh no you don't. You started this, but I'm gonig to finish it!" Tyger waves
his hands and attempts to surround the escaping field in a container of solid
magnetism. ((Agility AM-3CS=EX, roll:82 - yellow))

The energies that are his to command reach out from Tyger and encapsulate the
fleeing energy being. As soon as they do however, he begins to feel a strange
drawing sensation, as if the energy is being pulled out of him through the
connection with the container.

Tyger breaks off connection w/ the container as he feels the tug from inside.
((E: IN roll, 87))

Pulling back his powers, Tyger feels for a moment like his energy was being
pulled out of his body, fortunately he is able to resist this and as the energy
being flies out of sight his energy level return to normal.

Tyger gets ready to purse but looks down to where he left Digger. *sigh* "I
know I'm going to regret letting that go, but that's not my concern. " Tyger
thinks to himself as he circles around to make sure Digger is still there.

Flying back down, Tyger see's Digger huddled where he handcuffed him, tears
streaming down his face and a spot of wetness obvious on his pants.

Tyger lands in front of Digger, he creates a hand a large hand of solid light to
lift the little mutant off the ground and holds him up, while he's still cuffed
to the pole. "What the hell was that? What have you been involved in?" He
doesn't shout but there is obviously a rage barely held in check in his voice.

"I, I, I, don't know what yyyou are talking about." the little man stutters
obviously scared out of his wits. "I just came here to get away from my
ex-wife."

"If you are lying to me..." Tyger doesn't finish the sentence but gestures and
uses his powers over magnetism to lift the pieces of metal left behind by the
energy being and crush them into a tight ball.

At this sign of Tygers willingness to crush him like a bug, Digger faints.

Sirens approaching force Tyger resists the urge to simply yank the man free,
possibly breaking something other than the light post. A thought and Digger's
handcuffs are released and his unconscious form laid at Tyger's feet. Tyger
takes the warrant out of his coat pocket and places both hands on top of his
head. "Yea … Marcus is going to owe me for this one."

Re: Force's Intro - Midnight Rendezvous
March 18, 2009 10:04AM
((Sorry, the last 3 lines should have been this...))

*Following the strange man out of the elevator, through the foyer and out the remnants of the front door, he remained wary. Upon hearing the spoken words of the man, Force stiffened. Who the hell was this guy and how did he know so much about him? Looking at him more suspiciously then ever, he crossed his arms, wondering a whole heck of a lot of things about this individual* "You work for the Avengers or something? I'm fine where I'm at right now, so no thanks".

"No" said the man, "I dont work for anyone, though you could say I work for everyone." shaking his head slightly, at Forces negative response, he continued. "That is your choice, though you will have a chance to change your mind, and I hope you do." with that, he vanished from sight.

*Shaking his head, he blinked and rubbed his eyes... wondering if he had been hallucinating. Looking all around and finding no sign of the mysterious man, he sighed. What a night. Turning, he moved back into the entryway and entered the mansion. If no one greeted him in the foyer, he moved back to the elevator and made his way back to the medbay to check on Cerebra and Mortimer*

Re: Force
March 19, 2009 04:58PM
Bah. Marvel so took my idea for Force with Armor in the X-Men. angry smiley

*Was just told about her*

March 19, 2009 06:20PM
Well, I hate to break it to you, Punstarr, but the psionic exoskeleton of force was also utilized with the Acolyte Unuscione years ago winking smiley
March 19, 2009 06:24PM
Yeah but I created Force in 1989! *Laughs*

March 31, 2009 06:55AM
Karma Rewards (Asside from standard listed in players handbook)

Posting (Real posts not "I posted") +25 minimum
-If post broken to multiposts still only +25 minimum
-If post is JP or MP then each involved gets +25 minimum

Doing something for the club/GM varies by action on case by case basis
-Examples: Creating Database (Requested by GM) +200
: Creating Illustrations for Players (Requested) +100
: Creating Illustration for GM (Requested) +200
: Finding source material GM needs and doesnt have +200
: Finding a new player who is accepted and posts regularly +300
: Others on a Case by Case basis

Arguing with GM/AsstGM, discussion allowed, not Badgering - 1/2 of Current Karma Total
-Warning (At least 1) will be given before Karma deducted
-If GM/Asst Gm says let me think about it or maybe..Then back off for a bit
-Reminders are ok...Badgering is not.
-Presenting your case in a calm and logical manner will gain Karma however
(If someone changes my mind by logic and courtesy I reward that)

March 31, 2009 11:45AM
BTW Happy Birthday to Lady Moryssa (1 day late sorry)

Re: Happy Belated Birthday, Moryssa
March 31, 2009 02:16PM
Happy Birthday, Lady Moryssa. Hope it was a fun one for you.
April 04, 2009 04:30PM
Just another NPC who will probably show up ingame...

NAME: Susan Loraine Mulhaney
HERO NAME: Little Suzie and Monster
ORIGIN: Mutant, Induced (Chemical Exposure)
EFFECTS: +1cs to 1 stat
IDENTITY: Secret
LEGAL STATUS: Citizen of USA with no criminal record, currently a minor
ALIASES: None
PLACE OF BIRTH:
KNOWN RELATIVES: Jim (Father), Martha (Mother), Teddy (bear)
BASE OF OPERATIONS: New York
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: None
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION: Champions of Wyrd

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5'11" (When grown..Currently 4'11")
WEIGHT: 135 (When grown..Currently 73)
EYES: Blue
HAIR: Platinum Blond
SKIN: Caucasion

STATS
FIGHTING: In-40 (When grown..Currently Ty-6 )
AGILITY: In-40 (When grown..Currently Ex-20)
STRENGTH: Gd-10 (When grown..Currently Fe-02)
ENDURANCE: In-40 (When grown..Currently Gd-10)
REASON: In-40 (When grown..Currently Gd-10)
INTUITION: In-40
(+1cs)PSYCHE: Mn-75 (When grown..Currently Rm-30)
APPEARANCE: In-40 (Will be beautiful currently adorable)

HEALTH: 130 (When grown..Currently 38)
RESOURCES: Rm-30 (When grown..Currently allowance of Ty-6)
POPULARITY: +0 / +0

TALENTS: 6
Suzie
1-*Student: Learn Talents cheaper

Monster
3-Martial Arts C

4*-Performer(Acting)/Psychology
-Very useful for intimidation

6-Trivia: Horror Movies

CONTACTS: 3
Suzie
1-Family

Both
2-Champions of Wyrd

3-Open

POWERS: 12
1-*Telepathy/Empathy: Rm-30 (Monster In-40)

3-Communicate with Animals: Rm-30 (Monster In-40)

4-Emotion Control: Rm-30 (Monster In-40)
-Suzie currently limited to "enhancing" her "Cuteness Factor"
-Monster currently limited to instilling Fear/Terror
-No cs mod since they can "learn" other emotions

5-Energy Doppleganger: Psychic Energy: In-40 (Monster)
-Monster is her imaginary friend/monster under the bed made manifest
-Direct sunlight currently does 1hp round of contact, this might be able
to be changed (Would be a stunt) Can block damage by wearing heavy
clothing as long as no skin is exposed to sunlight.

6-*Invisibility: Physics/Shapeshifting: In-40 (Monster)
-Being composed of psychic energy Monster is naturally invisible.
-Psychics and those who "believe" (Children, insane, ect..) can see him however.
-He can become visible at will
-Also as an effect of being energy he can reshape/reform his appearance
-Combining this with his energy solidification allows him to form working claws, teeth, chainsaws, ect..

8-Energy Solidification: Psychic Energy: In-40 (Monster)
-Range of Touch Only/Self Only

9-Absorption Power: Psychic Energy: In-40 (Monster)

10-Dimensional Travel: In-40 (Monster)
-Currently limited to-from Monster-verse/Dimension of Dreams
and Earth but others can be stunted

11-*Hallucinations: In-40 (Monster)
-Reduced effect (Ex-20) vs non-sleeping

WEAKNESS(ES)
-None known

PERSONALITY NOTES
-Suzie is a strong-willed, precocious, adorable 8 and 1/2 year old who
wants to be a super-hero and save the world.
-Monster could care less about the rest of humanity as long as Suzie is
safe. He is not going to let anything happen to "His" human as long as it
can be avoided

HISTORY
-Everything was normal until Mr Fear took her kindergarden class hostage.
A little bit of his Fear Gas hit her class during the fight with SpiderMan (Her
absolute faworitist) and while it was only enough to give minor panic attacks
to everyone else Little Suzie had what seemed to be an extreme allergic
reaction. Waking up in the hospital 3 days later, she found that the monster-
under-the-bed had really missed her and was really worried (He had already
appeared in Rykers Island and showed Mr Fear exactly why you Do Not
hold kindergarden classes hostage.) and promised never to let anything
happen to her again. As the days went by, and Suzie found her abilities and
started testing them, she decided she and Monster should be "SOOper Heros!".
Monster, knowing better than to argue, has decided just to do his best to
protect "His" human. Within a week however, they ran into a curious man
who goes by the name Wyrd, and offered them the chance to do more than
just stop bullies on the playground and promised Monster to keep Suzie safe.

OTHER NOTES

Monster
F: In-40
A: In-40
S: In-40
R: In-40
I: In-40
App: Varies upto +/- In-40
HEALTH: 160
POWERS
-Defense: In vs All, ShX vs Light, Heat, Flame, Vibrations, and Sonics, Rm vs Plasma
-True Flight: In
-Others as listed under Suzie

April 06, 2009 09:55AM
Havent heard from player of Prometheus in a while, so his character is temporarily in stasis till that is resolved. Waiting on character subs from Chrono, so that is ok. Currently working on post with Tyger and thought people might like to see the NPCs invovled...The Super Apes

All are Origin: Animal (Energy Exposure)
Collumn 1, -1 Power, +2 Detections at Gd

Gorillas(3)
Oragutangs(2)
Monkeys(6)

Monkeys-No individual names anymore
F Gd-10
A Ty-6
S Pr-4
E Gd-10
R Fb-2-Rm-32
I Ty-6
P Rm-30
Health:
Talents(2)
1*-Acrobatics/Tumbling
+ See Powers
Contacts(2)
1-Super Apes
2-Jasmine Kincaid (Primate house keeper)
Powers (9)-1 +2 Det.@ Gd
D-Life Retection: Gd-10
D-Psionic Detection: Gd-10
1-Animal Mimicry: Ty-6
-Natual Abilities of Monkeys: Chimps
-Extra Body Parts: Prehensile feet
-Natural Weaponry: Teeth
2-Hyper Intelligence: Rm(30)
-Limited to 1cs for each of effected monkeys within range (8 Areas)
3-Telepathy: Rm(30)
-As per Hyper Intelligence but requires Monkeys work together
4-Mind Probe: Rm(30)
5-*Linguistics: Language and non Language skills: Rm(30)
-As per Hyper Intelligence
-Can gain talents from the minds of others through mind probe
7-Hypnotic Control: Rm(30)
8-Communicate with Animals: Rm(30)
# of monkeys(Rank)
1(Fe)
2(Pr)
3(Ty)
4(Gd)
5(Ex)
6(Rm)

Gorilla-Kong (Male-8 1/2ft at shoulder-940 lbs-1 1/2 years old)
F Ex-20
A Gd-10
S Am-50
E Am-50
R Pr-4
I Gd-10
P Ty-6
Health: 130
Talents(3)
1-*Martial Arts C/Wrestling
-Dodge: Ex
-Escape: Mn
-Grapple: ShX / Mn Damage
3-Languages: English & Sign
Contacts(2)
1-Super Apes
Powers(5)-1 +2 Det.@Gd
D-Hyper Olfactory: Gd-10
D-Tracking: Gd-10
1-Animal Mimicry: Rm-30
-Natural Gorilla Abilities
-Extra Body Parts: Prehensile Feet
2-*True Invulnerability: In
-All non mental/magical attacks reduced -7cs
4-Digestive Adaptation: Rm-30

Gorilla-Zizi (Female-4 ft at shoulder-200lbs-6 1/2yrs old-Kongs Mother)
F Rm-30
A Rm-30
S Ex-20
E Rm-30
R Gd-10
I Ex-20
P Gd-20
Health: 110
Karme: 40
Talents(2)-1
Contacts(1)+1
1-Super Apes
Powers(7)-1 +2 Det.@Gd
D-Energy Detection: Gd-10
D-Weakness Detection: Gd-10
1-Animal Mimicry: Gd-10
2-Hyper Invention: Ex-20
-Total reason Rm-30 w technology
-2cs from costs
3-*Weapons Tinkering: Weapons and Non-Weapon Tech: Rm-30
5-Hyper Speed: Rm-30
-Only with figuring out and building/repairing tech
6-Total Memory: Am-50

Gorilla-Joey (Male-6 ft at shoulder-420lbs-7yrs old)
F In-40
A Rm-30
S Rm-30
E In-40
R Gd-10
I Ex-20
P Ex-20
Health: 140
Karme: 50
Talents(3)
Contacts(4)(-2)
1-Super Apes
Powers(5)-1 +2 Det.@Gd(+1)
D- Gd-10
D- Gd-10
1-Animal Mimicry: Rm-30
2-Plant Control: Rm-30
3-Plant Growth: Rm-30
4-*Lifeform Creation: Rm-30
-Can create "seeds" or actual and even new plants
-Max rank of plant created is Rm-30, Ty-6 without PC or PG

Orangutang-Bobo(Male-4 1/2ft tall 280lbs-4 yrs old)
F Ex-20
A Rm-30
S Ex-20
E In-40
R Ty-6
I Ex-20
P Ex-20
Health: 110
Karme: 46
Talents(4)(+1)
1-
Contacts(3)(-1)
1-Super Apes
Powers(10)-1 +2 Det.@Gd
D-Hyper Olfactory: Gd-10
D-True Sight: Gd-10
1-Shapeshifting: In-40
2-Animal Mimicry: In-40
3-Body Resistance: In-40
-Reduced effect vs energy(Rm-30)
4-*Regeneration: Ex-20
6-Vocal Mimicry: Rm-30
7-Chemical Touch: Rm-30
-Must have sampled/experienced chemical to secrete
8-*Missile Creation/Spray: In-40

Tor-Orangutang(Male-4 1/2 ft at shoulder 260lbs-4years old)
F Ex-20
A Ex-20
S Ex-20
E Rm-30
R Gd-10
I Gd-10
P Ex-20
Health: 90
Talents(1)(-1)
Contacts(1)(+1)
1-Super Apes
Powers(7)-1 +2 Det.@Gd
D-Extradimensional Detection: Gd-10
-Requires Crystals
D-Energy Detection: Gd-10
1-Animal Mimicry: Gd-10
-Natural Orangutang Abilities
2-Crystallization: In-40
-Crystal is In-40 vs Energy, Rm-30 vs Physical
3-Energy Sponge: In-40
-Requires Crystals
4-Molding: In-40
-Only Crystals
5-*Body Transformation-Self: In-40
-Crystal Only

April 06, 2009 11:06AM
Still working on talents for Bobo..A true clown of the primate world. BTW, the Super Apes are definately PC grade, so are actually playable as characters in my game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.