Earth-7642 (Crossover Earth)

Posted by davidrpaige 
Earth-7642 (Crossover Earth)
March 06, 2018 01:13PM
In my original MSH campaigning days, we played in a world that both DC and Marvel characters in it. Probably like a lot of people, we didn’t want to be restricted in our adventures because of publishing rights. Back then, alternate realities didn’t have number designations beyond DC’s Earth One and Earth Two.

Recently, I’ve taken a lot of old notes and set down to flesh out this world. I also found there is one established reality utilized by both Marvel and DC: Earth-7642 the Crossover Earth. Since this is basically what we had created, I decided to flesh out this reality.

As I am still working on this, I was curious on what people felt was useful in a world sourcebook? I have been following the format of Mayfair’s “Atlas of the DC Universe” while creating this Sourcebook, but if there is something in particular to emphasis, let me know.

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
― Oscar Wilde
Attachments:
open | download - Earth-7642 Preview.pdf (1.33 MB)
Re: Earth-7642 (Crossover Earth)
March 21, 2018 07:57AM
I'm still working on this Sourcebook, but I've been going back and forth on a layout issue. I'm not sure if I want to do it as a single column format or to it as a more MSH classic 3 column format. The 3 column style requires smaller font but allows more interesting insertion of images. Single column might be a bit easier to read, allowing larger fonts, but can look a bit more "word blocky" in its presentation.

What do you guys prefer? 1 or 3 column format?

― Oscar Wilde
March 22, 2018 07:51AM
davidrpaige
I'm still working on this Sourcebook, but I've been going back and forth on a layout issue. I'm not sure if I want to do it as a single column format or to it as a more MSH classic 3 column format. The 3 column style requires smaller font but allows more interesting insertion of images. Single column might be a bit easier to read, allowing larger fonts, but can look a bit more "word blocky" in its presentation.

What do you guys prefer? 1 or 3 column format?

Unless you are really trying to capture that TSR Official retro look, I recommend 2 columns with 1 inch margins. It's really neat and easy to read and offers the same image insertion as a 3 column design.

One world of adventure is never enough.
March 22, 2018 02:39PM
I wanted to give another small prieview of what is in the Earth-7642 Sourcebook. These are the maps of 7642’s USA.

― Oscar Wilde
Attachments:
open | download - Earth-7642 USA Major Cities.jpg (365.2 KB)
open | download - Earth-7642 USA.jpg (333.7 KB)
October 06, 2018 12:42PM
Pardon me for asking but is this still a thing in progress? Or has it since been abandoned?
November 11, 2018 07:44PM
Hatter
Pardon me for asking but is this still a thing in progress? Or has it since been abandoned?

I did finish this to a certain extent, but never got much feedback so I just didn’t post anything further. I created a Sourcebook for Earth-7642, a Paragon City Sourcebook, Arachnos Sourcebook, 2099 Dystopia Sourcebook (combines Judge Dredd, Marvel 2099, and a few others), and an Anti-Matter Sourcebook that mixes Marvel and DC lore together.

The only one I really did a final complete publish was my Players Handbook Version of Earth-7642. I created that to give to players so they had a “common knowledge” view of the campaign setting without giving away all the secrets. The rest of the Sourcebooks have turned into polished up notes and outlines of the larger world with all its secrets. Again, since I got very little feedback on anything I assumed there was no interest in it.

― Oscar Wilde
November 11, 2018 08:56PM
Thanks for responding. Would you be at all interested in sharing these notes either publicly or via PM? I would be very curious to see what you came up with.
November 19, 2018 05:58PM
Sorry for the lack of earlier response. I'd also like to see what you've got.
January 14, 2019 05:42PM
This is the Campaign Setting Handbook I use for my Earth-7642 campaign. The theme of this handbook is for a villain campaign, so the first part of the handbook focuses on modified MSH rules. Yes, I also used an expanded Universal table and new abilities.

Anyways, I tried to create a world that is familiar to comic book fans (DC fictional cities). I've made some small (and some not so small) changes to the United States. A few state name changes, a few state lines modified, and one major geographic change. All the changes I made was to 1) give Earth-7642 its own unique feel without being so different that it is unrecognizable; 2) a way to have so many fictional cities in areas where real cities exist. I've been happy with the changes I made to the world.

Here is the PDF

My Arachnos Sourcbook is not far off from being a publishable book. Same with my Earth-7642 Book of Magic where I tie in DC's Homo Magi, World of Harry Potter, and Marvel's Doctor Strange.

― Oscar Wilde
January 15, 2019 10:03AM
Nice! Really like what you have done with t. Detailed enough to form a complete world yet ambiguous enough to allow GMs to form their own campaigns. Now if you’ll excuse me, I will be writing up for my own campaign how Galactus destroyed Krypton and how the Doom Patrol and the X Men really don’t get along. Long story, there was an incident with Negative Man, Wolverine and a bottle of tequila.
January 15, 2019 12:37PM
Hatter
...there was an incident with Negative Man, Wolverine and a bottle of tequila.
Those kinds of incidents don’t usually end well.
January 18, 2019 04:46PM
Since most people don’t use the MSH-X rules, or run a villain theme campaign, here is a PDF version without the custom rules section.

― Oscar Wilde
January 20, 2019 01:53PM
Alright, so do people like this Campagin handbook for Earth-7642? Should I keep going with this and make it a full Sourcebook with more details like the TSR’s New York box set? Or is this good enough for the general world and finish up the other Earth-7642 books (Anti-Matter Universe, Arachos Sourcebook, 2099 Dystopia, World of Magic) I was working on?

Was there something lacking in the book? The Sourcebook was going into greater detail on various cities (neighborhood descriptions for example), maps, and stats. Of course that is where I was getting bogged down because it is a huge undertaking to detail out a whole world/universe for one person. Maybe, if there is interest, I can come back to this and expand on what I’ve done.

Feedback please.

― Oscar Wilde
January 23, 2019 03:31AM
davidrpaige
Alright, so do people like this Campagin handbook for Earth-7642? Should I keep going with this and make it a full Sourcebook with more details like the TSR’s New York box set? Or is this good enough for the general world and finish up the other Earth-7642 books (Anti-Matter Universe, Arachos Sourcebook, 2099 Dystopia, World of Magic) I was working on?

Was there something lacking in the book? The Sourcebook was going into greater detail on various cities (neighborhood descriptions for example), maps, and stats. Of course that is where I was getting bogged down because it is a huge undertaking to detail out a whole world/universe for one person. Maybe, if there is interest, I can come back to this and expand on what I’ve done.

Feedback please.

Even though I am very intrigued to see what you come up with for these future sourcebooks you've teased (particularly the Anti-Matter Universe), I would be curious to see how you would expand this Crossover Earth further. After all, more detail and worldbuilding is always good. However, as you stated previously it would be an extremely huge undertaking, so I wouldn't want you to put more work in just for my sake.
February 01, 2019 11:14AM
My opinion is that the more adventure hooks and so on the better. Not just history and things like that, because that is the part mos likely to be changed by Judges for their own games. Stuff like introductory adventures for each area, the more the better.

Probably providing the initial crossover clashes too, like the one depicted on the cover.
July 29, 2022 09:34AM
I posted this in another post of mine in General Chat, but I figure I should do it here as well. This is the 90%-ish finished Earth-7642 Magic Sourcebook:

Download: Earth-7642 Magic Sourcebook.pdf
July 29, 2022 11:38AM
Great stuff! Are you on Facebook? If so, have you considered joining up with the Unofficial Canon Project Creative Team?
August 08, 2022 08:19AM
Looking forward to seeing how you manage to branch Lord Recluse's forces into all of this.

All in all, this is pretty bloody epic-Keep up with your killer work.
August 08, 2022 09:59AM
I hope people will be able to try out the use of Sorcery skill and the spells in the book and let me know how it worked for their campaign.
August 05, 2023 08:36AM
yes,i would like to see the rest of the earth-7642 campaign sourcebook.you can count me in!
October 02, 2023 08:28PM
Ive always had a Marvel/DC crossover world. If you have more content Id love to see it.
October 18, 2023 09:46PM
Recently, I've started to dust off my work on Earth-7642. I had revised the Earth-7642 United States and started to look at giving some definition to its politics. While I don't want to go into huge political issues in my Super Hero gaming, I also wanted to avoid using real life politicians and using real life political parties (avoiding Democrats vs Republican issues). So I thought about the basic structure of the Earth-7642 US political world and how I can make it dynamic and flexible in a fantasy setting. This is what I had come up with:

Political Parties

The United States Constitution never formally addressed the issue of political parties, primarily because the Founding Fathers opposed them; nonetheless, parties have been a fundamental part of American politics since shortly after George Washington's presidency.

In partisan elections, candidates are nominated by a political party or seek public office as an independent. Each state has significant discretion in deciding how candidates are nominated, and thus eligible to appear on the election ballot. Typically, major party candidates are formally chosen in a party primary or convention, whereas candidates from minor parties and Independent candidates are required to complete a petitioning process.

The current (informal) four-party system in the United States is made up of the Liberty Party, Constitution Party, Unity Party, and the Green Party.

Liberty Party (L)

The Liberty Party advocates the greatest possible economic liberty and the least possible government regulation of social life (described as "small government"), mirroring laissez-faire classical liberalism, but harnesses this to a belief in a more socially liberal philosophy emphasizing liberty, free expression, freedom of choice, and free-market capitalism.

The Liberty Party represents the more centric party of the US, finding common ground with both the Unity Party and the Constitution Party. The growing trends from the Green Party has made the Liberty Party as a main adversary. The current President, Vincent Horne, is a Liberty Party member.

Unity Party (U)

The Unity Party represents the US’s liberal philosophy and advocates. Unity’s philosophy of modern American liberalism blends civil liberty and social equality with support for a mixed capitalist economy. One of the main focus for Unity is workers’ rights, a belief that the economy should work for everyone, health care is a right, and immigration reform.

Being the liberal wing of politics, the Unity Party tend to clash, policy-wise, with the Constitution Party.

Constitution Party (C)

The Constitution Party is a political party in the United States that promotes a religious conservative view of the principles and intents of the United States Constitution. Considered the Right-wing, they often clash, policy-wise, with the Unity Party. Recently, due to changes in the Green Party, many Constitution policies have been getting growing support by the Greens, while some in the Constitution Party are beginning to take caution in the growing radicalism of the Green Party.

Green Party (G)

No other political party has such a radical change in recent history than the Green Party. The Green Party started out as a splinter group of the Unity Party to focus on clean energy agendas as well as other social-economic issues. Recently, the Green Party has transformed into a “Earth First” and “Homo sapien First” type of political party. Many of the new members of the Green Party have supported a more authoritarian approach to policies and vision, and have supported bills such as the Mutant Registration Act (MRA) and the Superhuman Registration Act (SRA). The new direction of the Green Party has attracted new members like Simon Trask (leader of the fanatic anti-mutant movement called Humanity's Last Stand), Senator Ellen Nadeer (secret leader of the Watchdogs, an anti-non-human hate group), and Cameron Hodge (leader of The Right, an anti-mutant hate group). This higher profile, and well connected members, have helped grow the new Green Party’s power and popularity. The change in the Green Party started with Massachusetts Senator Robert Kelly and his MRA.

The current Green Party has stated that Earth is for humanity (Homo sapiens) and beings from another planet, another dimension, people with mutations (Mutants or Inhuman), or people with genetic abnormalities are not welcome and either need to leave the United States (or Earth) or be subject to authoritarian-like control or detainment. The Green Party still has heavy interest and policy dealing with current Climate Crisis issues, as well as more liberal-centric social policies. Many political analyst say that the Green Party is quickly approaching a Statism style party, given their belief that non-humans should be striped of their rights.

So the 4 party system is what I came up with for a fantasy, super hero political system in the Earth-7642 United States. It allows you to have heroes and villains in a system without politically charging things by using real life parties.
Attachments:
open | download - Earth-7642 US map.png (660.4 KB)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 12
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.