What's out there for new characters as an Origin?

Posted by Nightmask 
Re: What's out there for new characters as an Origin?
October 21, 2011 07:35AM
What about Hulkbuster tech, like the single manned suits? I mean, if it was good enough to tangle with the Hulk for a little while, I'm sure it'd put the hurt on your average super-villain.

Also couldn't you use the Jackal's cloning technology as a good origin? That way if someone wanted to play an offshoot of an already existing hero, they could (granted it would most likely be Spider-Man lite if you went by canon).
October 21, 2011 11:32AM
Severance Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What about Hulkbuster tech, like the single manned
> suits? I mean, if it was good enough to tangle
> with the Hulk for a little while, I'm sure it'd
> put the hurt on your average super-villain.

Some of the Hulk tech probably has gotten into the criminal markets, almost no one's tech remains proprietary unless they're absurdly paranoid (and it didn't even work for Stark). Given the Hulk Tech is in government files somewhere and how shoddy Marvel security is for the military (and everyone else really, including Reed Richards) someone's bound to have lifted the design specs from their networks.

> Also couldn't you use the Jackal's cloning
> technology as a good origin? That way if someone
> wanted to play an offshoot of an already existing
> hero, they could (granted it would most likely be
> Spider-Man lite if you went by canon).

The Jackal has been shown with abandoned labs, much like Green Goblin, so I'd have to agree there probably is a reasonable chance someone could have an origin in his technology just as Hobgoblin got his from Green Goblin's lairs.

Just realized, based on another thread I'd brought up, there ought to be some Dr. Bong lairs around that could lead to someone's Origin. The guy's one of the few individuals ever known to have created an Evolutionary Accelerator (the High Evolutionary the most well known, with a friend of Reed Richards who built another), perfect cloning technology, even teleporters. Someone finding one of his unused labs (he's currently thought to be trapped in a pocket dimension) could easily get evolved by his technology or undergo some other sort of transformation or do a 'Hobgoblin' make-over of the tech.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
October 21, 2011 04:23PM
Actually, not to get off topic, but I'm now interested in making a character based around the Hulkbuster tech. Does anyone know where to find stats for the suits?
October 21, 2011 04:36PM
Severance Wrote:
> Actually, not to get off topic, but I'm now
> interested in making a character based around the
> Hulkbuster tech. Does anyone know where to find
> stats for the suits?

Not too much of it is statted out, I believe there's some covered in one of the Gamer Handbook updates during the 'Banner separated from Hulk' period by Samson, most of it over the decades you'd have to work up on your own.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
October 25, 2011 12:46AM
look at all the altered humans such as fantastic four, Dr Doom, Spiderman. Any time their DNA has been modified and they have been injured while rescuing civilians in danger a Speckle of blood transfered to an open wound or some other part of the body. Spatted on an eye.

Hey presto..... after an incubation stage....... person with new powers awakes.

Anytime a mad scientist ..... Government organisation or Even Bruce Banner is careless...... progendy can be produced. Alien Experiementation.

Galactus.....
The silver surfer opening a vein to hopefully heal someone....... boom bada boom....

Doctor Octopuses AI tentacles create a duplicate .......

Lizard man breeds or his DNA stolen......

Wolverines blood..... infecting someone that came to his aid......

I am sure that this has all been covered by others. There are literally a plethora of these types available to use as origins.

Fangs
Forge yourself into the hero that others fear to be.
Ascend and demonstrate a better Ethos
Negotiate when you can and pound when you have no other option.
Go forward when others fear the darkness
Strive for the greatness that lies within you

Villains Costumes
Villain Costumes - Blogg
Villain Costumes - Urban Clothing
Villain Costumes - ACIDS approach to Foiling Villains Plans
October 25, 2011 06:22AM
The X-gene is active again, so that's an option...

...There's all sorts of scattered former S.H.I.E.L.D. and H.A.M.M.E.R. facilities, tech and disgruntled/out of work agents running around these days. And you gotta figure not every citizen of Broxton is "neighborly", so there has to be at least one artifact from the siege of Asgard floating around on the market.

If you've got a bone to pick with the Hulk, the Intelligentsia would probably experiment on you without asking too many questions (...a frickin' army of Watcher sucker-punching red hulks...I can't even think of something smartass to say about that tactical stupidity...)

Then there's the hundreds of other pantheons Marvel has barely touched upon.

Oh...there's a distinct lack of a sorcerer supreme these days...

I've always kind of enjoyed the legacy hero in rp'ing...even if you just cop the name and/or gear, story hooks abound. Also retroactive legacies (making up a new golden age character whose mantle you assume) are fun too. With Zemo, Sin, Master-Man and the like running around, you're never at a loss for tales of two-fisted daring-do (plus, you -or your judge- can bring back the clone Hate-Monger so you too can punch Hitler in the face!)

"I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman! " - Homer J. Simpson

s320x240

"I want you to know that I believe in an idea¦that a single individual who has the right heart and the right mind that is consumed with a single purpose that one man can win a war.

Give that one man a group of soldiers with the same conviction¦and he can change the world."
October 25, 2011 10:09AM
And dont forget with guys like Nuklo & Radioactive Man (And to a much lesser degree Hulks) you have the option
of (Mutant, Induced (Energy Exposure)) being enhanced by radiation. Or going a similar, but somehwat different
rout, the (2) towns that the Leader has blown up.

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
March 20, 2012 01:33PM
Just remembered that there is the scientific process that gave Wasp her powers, including her defunct insect communication abilities (that were briefly revived then forgotten once again). Her original stingers were also wrist blasters she wore and were only phased out after Hank as a gift gave her a formula that after a good hit of adrenaline provided her with her natural bio-stingers. Presumably this is written down somewhere and at least the original tech might have been acquired by someone else to use in creating another insect-themed character. Could gain the insect winged flight, shrinking, wrist-blasters and insect communication and control. Proven a popular and long-lasting package for the Wasp.

-- Peter David

March 20, 2012 02:20PM
Galactus as destroyed many a planet with an alien species, the Deviants weren't the only species the Celestial screwed with, High Evoluntary had plenty experiments, Mr Sinister backfired things on Ship as it not been 100% explored.
Maybe you were a civilian snag by the beyonder, or perhaps from the New Universe.
Perhap you're one of the Adam Warlock prototype or there after.

maybe your Counter Earth type......
or perhap you had some exposure to chemical and the green goblin gas bomb exploded near you.

Most likely you married Mary Jane watson and Spider man hates your guts.
Or Tony stark father screwed over your father too!! or your mother and your tony stark half bro/sis.
And he got it all, the bastard!! he needs to die!!

You stowed away when the reed richards went into space.

maybe , just if you were lucky and in the wrong place, right time, you too were given a suit and you lost the book in "how to"

And not finish, but maybe She*hulk* is your....

Mother!!! she whored around enough..

(thanks for lrtting know about the typo lol)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2012 12:04PM by MajorSteel.
March 21, 2012 07:38AM
Marvel U NYC Police Evidence Locker-Spiderman alone has filled that place with tons of super villian tech-maybe a good cop takes some for himself

Android Blood -worked for Spitfire

When Nitro blows himself up ( begining the Civil War) maybe something else began that day too a new Hero or Villan maybe -changed in some way by Nitro's blast energy?

Namor wandered the streets as a hobo for years maybe he hooked up with someone?
"Namor- I am your son"
April 17, 2012 08:12AM
another great story for origin would be getting hold of the machine schematics he used to steal silver surfer's power and the machine he used to siphon some power from the battle between galactus and beyonder to create volcana and titania
-the machine that allowed malstrom to go cosmic
- the replics of maelstrom and his cronies, or more scary say a machine that actually had a piece of death urges power in it.
- A machine that say doom had collecting samples of heroes and villians blood hair etc.
-the ritual that fu man chu used to keep himself young.
- machine that jackal used to create all the clones.
- imagine a villain who is some kid collecting the pieces of various battles from heroes and villains mystical in oirgin and figuring away to synthsize the powers for a unique character.
-
April 18, 2012 09:02PM
GILGAMESH Wrote:
> another great story for origin would be getting
> hold of the machine schematics he used to steal
> silver surfer's power and the machine he used to
> siphon some power from the battle between galactus
> and beyonder to create volcana and titania

Well that was off on Battleworld (where Doom used the power of the storm outside rather than draining any energy from Galactus going against the Beyonder as that was a curb-stomp for Galactus long before that point), none of those plans or tech should still exist for anyone to use.

> -the machine that allowed malstrom to go cosmic

Which machine is that? The only ones I know of were designed to work with his kinetic energy absorption power so wouldn't empower anyone.

> - the replics of maelstrom and his cronies, or
> more scary say a machine that actually had a piece
> of death urges power in it.
> - A machine that say doom had collecting samples
> of heroes and villians blood hair etc.
> -the ritual that fu man chu used to keep himself
> young.

You'd have to be a thoroughly evil sort to use that, if memory serves it requires killing people to create his elixir.

> - machine that jackal used to create all the
> clones.

Hmmm, his cloning and genetic manipulation tech might be available in scattered lairs around the city. The writers for Spider-man seemed to give all of his high-tech opponents like Jackal and Green Goblin multiple hidden lairs all over the place.

-- Peter David

April 18, 2012 10:03PM
A mosquito that supped on one of the various gamma irradiated heroes/villians..Then decided to lunch on your character. The traces of irradiated dna transferred would be enough for a potential origin story.

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
April 18, 2012 10:23PM
Gene Wrote:
> A mosquito that supped on one of the various gamma
> irradiated heroes/villians..Then decided to lunch
> on your character. The traces of irradiated dna
> transferred would be enough for a potential origin
> story.

Be a pretty powerful mutant mosquito to pull that off, but given how some powers get passed on in comics an animal bite passing on a super's powers like that wouldn't be too far-fetched.

-- Peter David

April 18, 2012 11:07PM
If you've got the urge to play something that's outside the normal scope of the standard Marvel Universe, you can also draw on a number of inter-dimensional crossover events.

• Marvel vs. DC had both universes merged into the Amalgam universe with the essence of Amalgam's Dr. Strangefate hiding away in Dr. Strange's body when the two worlds were split apart again. His plan was to bring the two back together once more and restore reality to the way he remembered it. Although he was thwarted by Access and heroes from both worlds, its possible that Dr. Strangefate seeded the Marvel Universe with other means to accomplish (or at least further) his agenda. It could be a source of power(s) from the DC universe that was intended to be combined with a Marvel character to return that individual to his/her Amalgam state... but could still provide just anyone else the standard DC abilities... for example, a Green Lantern power ring which was intended to be found by Tony Stark to recreate Iron Lantern. Even though cut off from the GL power source, it had been established in the later Avengers vs. JLA crossover that the power ring could be empowered by alternate energy sources when Kyle Rayner used the cosmic cube to recharge his ring. Plenty of possibilities to be explored here.
  • And since I brought it up, the DC and Marvel earths were merged (although less completely) a second time in Avengers vs. JLA. Although everything was seemingly restored to its rightful universe, something minor (or that wouldn't otherwise be missed) from the DC universe could have been somehow prevented from returning to its proper world... as I recall, memories were fading at the end of the crossover so people might not even recall where the object came.
  • There's some interesting seeds to explore in the Ultraverse (damn Marvel for what they did with that comic property). There were some crossovers connected to the Black September event, such as Thor arriving on the Godwheel briefly and then being followed back to his own world by the space vampire, Rune. If I recall, he lost his star stones at some point and those could be used as a potential origin source. Black September itself featured the Marvel Universe being (once again) combined with another universe when the infinity gems became sentient with the introduction of a seventh gem. One could pull objects from that world and say it was lost in the shuffle when reality was corrected and both universes separated again.

Nightmask Wrote:
> Well pre-OMD Spider-man had several encounters
> with Loki as a result of protecting one of Loki's
> children (a daughter) and Loki made it clear he
> had many children spread around the world over the
> centuries.

Just curious about this. When you say several encounters, are you referring to the handful of encounters spread out in the 2 issue story arc between Amazing Spider-Man #503 and #504? Or did Loki and Spidey get together again after that story? Because I remember at the conclusion of 504, Loki gave him a rune which could summon Loki instantly if Spider-Man needed his help (presumably with something concerning Loki's daughter, Tess Black), but I can't remember if anything came of that later on.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
April 19, 2012 01:09AM
Trapster's original paste-gun (the one with the actual paste-pot attached) must have been left back somewhere: [images.wikia.com]
It would just take a little tinkering to replace the pot with a less ridiculous repository . (Or just keep it as it is, if you don’t mind being mocked even harder than Paste-Pot Pete himself.)

Main issue would be glue ammo, as Trapster would be unlikely to leave the formula of his sole shtick back with his old gun.
April 19, 2012 01:14AM
Hmmm, carefully rereading the thread I don't think I've seen any mention of a process that was the origin for three different super-group's powers. The cosmic-ray exposure process that gave the FF, Red Ghost and Super-apes, and U-Foes their powers. While the original FF was considered an accident of exposure the others demonstrated that a successful duplication of the process is entirely possible (although looks like it's a good idea to have a quartet along, just in case). So you could have a group of characters willingly or unwillingly placed into the position of gaining FF level powers by replicating their process.

-- Peter David

April 19, 2012 01:16AM
Coco Gun-Bun Wrote:
> Trapster's original paste-gun (the one with the
> actual paste-pot attached) must have been left
> back somewhere:
> [images.wikia.com]
> /ST_104_p1.jpg
> It would just take a little tinkering to replace
> the pot with a less ridiculous repository . (Or
> just keep it as it is, if you don’t mind being
> mocked even harder than Paste-Pot Pete himself.)
>
> Main issue would be glue ammo, as Trapster would
> be unlikely to leave the formula of his sole
> shtick back with his old gun.

Not too difficult, since someone with suitable chemistry talents or motivation could discover the basics to his formulas for it while doing the retooling. Nice idea there.

-- Peter David

April 19, 2012 10:15AM
Nightmask Wrote:
> GILGAMESH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > another great story for origin would be getting
> > hold of the machine schematics he used to steal
> > silver surfer's power and the machine he used
> to
> > siphon some power from the battle between
> galactus
> > and beyonder to create volcana and titania
>
> Well that was off on Battleworld (where Doom used
> the power of the storm outside rather than
> draining any energy from Galactus going against
> the Beyonder as that was a curb-stomp for Galactus
> long before that point), none of those plans or
> tech should still exist for anyone to use.
>
> > -the machine that allowed malstrom to go cosmic
>
> Which machine is that? The only ones I know of
> were designed to work with his kinetic energy
> absorption power so wouldn't empower anyone.
>
> > - the replics of maelstrom and his cronies, or
> > more scary say a machine that actually had a
> piece
> > of death urges power in it.
> > - A machine that say doom had collecting
> samples
> > of heroes and villians blood hair etc.
> > -the ritual that fu man chu used to keep
> himself
> > young.
>
> You'd have to be a thoroughly evil sort to use
> that, if memory serves it requires killing people
> to create his elixir.
>
> > - machine that jackal used to create all the
> > clones.
>
> Hmmm, his cloning and genetic manipulation tech
> might be available in scattered lairs around the
> city. The writers for Spider-man seemed to give
> all of his high-tech opponents like Jackal and
> Green Goblin multiple hidden lairs all over the
> place.

well as far as gal and byndr go whose to say a rip did not appear and create new heroes and villains from all that titanic energy. nice thing about marvel and rpgs its a big game world and hey what you know a comic book stories to boot odd things happen.
April 19, 2012 12:02PM
Just a few more...

- Calypso gained her voodoo magic by sacrificing humans to undisclosed entities. Apart of a sufficient Psyche to be able to use magic at all, it all boils down to learning the necessary rituals and having the ruthlessness to kill some people.

- Dr. Carson has been blackmailed by Crime-Master to produce and implant his neuro-control chip en masse (Untold Tales of Spiderman #23). While Crime-Master's operation was taken down, the chips and the plans for them were never explicitely destroyed.
Not so useful to become a super yourself (the chip destroys the free will), but it would make for very resilient and obedient minions. It could also be used to create a super-powered steed to do the heavy lifting for you, if retooled for an animal neurophysiology.

- Mister Fear had plenty of successors who have stumbled over his gear.

- Arcade maintains several Murderworlds and had a few of them compromised. Some of the robots and traps in them could be salvaged and retooled by a capable (and daring) inventor.
November 11, 2012 09:04AM
Bruce Banner's Gamma Ray Observatory. During the time he was off at Secret Wars a well-intentioned mobster that Banner had cured with his gamma ray treatments (he had terminal cancer) had set himself up to use the treatment on everyone who needed help. Of course Status Quo being what it is and 'Reed Richards Is Useless' as soon as Banner returns they had it prove dangerous (the original test subject, a dog, went rabid and had to be put down). But during this period there is an unknown amount of test subjects who were exposed to these treatments. Plus the place was open in general to anyone in the area to enter. Someone could have easily become a Gamma Ray induced superhuman as a result, or acquired some of Banner's technology and used it for their own empowerment.

-- Peter David

November 25, 2012 12:47PM
I just realized that Inferno is a possible origin for a new hero or villain. There was a group of wannabe Ghost Busters who actually had their gear transformed into functional gear for use dealing with magical events including ghosts. Human Torch got a temporary magical power-up (complete with 'can't shut off' power incontinence) as well, just to name a few events from that period. The character could have been transformed by the magical energies or been transformed by one of the demons running around (like happened with the Bogeyman, as he was transformed into an actual demon).

-- Peter David

November 25, 2012 12:56PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> I just realized that Inferno is a possible origin
> for a new hero or villain. There was a group of
> wannabe Ghost Busters who actually had their gear
> transformed into functional gear for use dealing
> with magical events including ghosts.

I remember that. The M Squad, if we're thinking of the same thing. They debuted along with Jubilee in UXM #244.

As I recall, they were originally killed during Inferno in a demon possessed elevator.

November 25, 2012 04:52PM
This is a cool thread!

I would imagine that after getting beat down and set to lockup the tech used by the villains would be sent somewhere for study. Anyone working in one of these places has the potential to become a force to be reckoned with. Villains who don't use tech but are altered in some way probably go through test to figure out how they got powered up and the researcher (an immoral one) might want to try out his theory on someone before presenting his findings to his superiors.

As for stuff found layin around.. Heroes and villains usually fight in populated areas where people watching the battle can be exposed to DNA (blood, guts, etc) or a dropped piece of tech like one of Goblin's razor bats, Hawkeye's arrows, or Kang's 30th century hand held nuclear grenade.
November 25, 2012 04:56PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Well pre-OMD Spider-man had several encounters
> with Loki as a result of protecting one of Loki's
> children (a daughter) and Loki made it clear he
> had many children spread around the world over the
> centuries. Such demi-gods would prove possible
> (and as you note Hercules has a LOT Of women he's
> been 'friendly' with, as was recapped during the
> issue showing the efforts to liquidate his assets
> after his apparent death and all the many women
> he'd been supporting around the world).

You know, it's pretty funny thinking back about this but for such a 'he-man' is Hercules sterile? I mean there are plenty of just average guys who sleep around and end up with dozens of kids and they don't even remotely get around like Hercules (in spite of being married) is depicted as being with. You'd think if Loki's had so many kids as someone who doesn't get around that much that Hercules would have hundreds or thousands of kids around instead of none that we've ever seen (outside the son in the MU2 setting and his son in the Limited Series that wallbangingly was depicted as being completely mortal albeit super-powered even though Hercules was meant to be the father of a new pantheon of gods and should have been begetting immortal children). Or is he taking precautions for some bizarre reason?

-- Peter David

November 25, 2012 05:00PM
Outcast Wrote:
> This is a cool thread!

Thanks, glad you're finding it so enjoyable.

> I would imagine that after getting beat down and
> set to lockup the tech used by the villains would
> be sent somewhere for study. Anyone working in one
> of these places has the potential to become a
> force to be reckoned with. Villains who don't use
> tech but are altered in some way probably go
> through test to figure out how they got powered up
> and the researcher (an immoral one) might want to
> try out his theory on someone before presenting
> his findings to his superiors.

I find myself trying to pick out some tech to mix-and-match to create a new superhero or villain from, without the character looking too stuffed with things (even though I think at least a few short-lived characters in the MU have shown up just like that).

> As for stuff found layin around.. Heroes and
> villains usually fight in populated areas where
> people watching the battle can be exposed to DNA
> (blood, guts, etc) or a dropped piece of tech like
> one of Goblin's razor bats, Hawkeye's arrows, or
> Kang's 30th century hand held nuclear grenade.

You'd think that would happen more often, not like we often see a lot of effort out of heroes to clean up after themselves even though leaving blood around for DNA testing or illegal cloning is not a good idea. Spider-man's well aware of how easy it is for someone to clone you from a blood sample after all, and Thor certainly is as well at this point.

-- Peter David

November 25, 2012 05:04PM
Nightmask Wrote:
> Nightmask Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well pre-OMD Spider-man had several encounters
> > with Loki as a result of protecting one of
> Loki's
> > children (a daughter) and Loki made it clear he
> > had many children spread around the world over
> the
> > centuries. Such demi-gods would prove possible
> > (and as you note Hercules has a LOT Of women
> he's
> > been 'friendly' with, as was recapped during
> the
> > issue showing the efforts to liquidate his
> assets
> > after his apparent death and all the many women
> > he'd been supporting around the world).
>
> You know, it's pretty funny thinking back about
> this but for such a 'he-man' is Hercules sterile?
> I mean there are plenty of just average guys who
> sleep around and end up with dozens of kids and
> they don't even remotely get around like Hercules
> (in spite of being married) is depicted as being
> with. You'd think if Loki's had so many kids as
> someone who doesn't get around that much that
> Hercules would have hundreds or thousands of kids
> around instead of none that we've ever seen
> (outside the son in the MU2 setting and his son in
> the Limited Series that wallbangingly was depicted
> as being completely mortal albeit super-powered
> even though Hercules was meant to be the father of
> a new pantheon of gods and should have been
> begetting immortal children). Or is he taking
> precautions for some bizarre reason?

Herc is half Olympian and half Human so maybe like a Horse and Donkey produce a sterile mule...

Or perhaps he puts the limp in Olympian.grinning smiley
November 26, 2012 02:47AM
Maybe he's just a master of the withdraw method of birth control... or maybe his potential children have all been swallowed. There's also abortion, conveniently timed periods of infertility in his partners, and divine intervention... perhaps Hera is killing off his kids before they are born?

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
November 30, 2012 02:13PM
you could use an alien origin from another comic universe planet. LIke Earth exist in most comicbook universes so it could be that a planet like krypton might exist in the marvel universe but had a different history due to changes in each universe. Some event like an asteriod hitting the planet almost wiped out the planet slowing thier progression to where they are just now discovering space flight and your character could be the first to leave krypton and discover what happens when they enter a solar system with a yellow sun. .Maybe Galactus consumed Oa just as the gurdians were creating the first power rings where it was left unknown and untouched until now.Tamaran could have been taken by the skrulls or kree and a freedom figher escapes into space and finds there way to Earth. In a DC universe setting marvel aliens could have had thier home worlds fall to DC races and characters could be from those worlds. My uncle once ran a game that explored the DC planets in the marvel universe and Galactus was the difference and reason things were so different in the universe outside of earth. His existance and consuming planets caused differnt galactic powers to rise and fall. while not fully explained the concept was hinted the energies he brought with him changed how the universes evolved on a cosmic level thus creating the differnent cosmic entities each universe has.
If players wanted a space adventure these could offer options into allowing them to play established races in a different setting
November 30, 2012 02:30PM
I have been batting around the idea of a 50's Man of Mystery, physically fit and trained to fight, with some kind of weapon or tech, who was battling a Soviet era villain and became trapped for 60 some years, gaining powers from the exotic radiation in the lair.

I have thought about using this as an immediate origin for a team of new players. That way they start off all at once...but everybody is a little woozy on the details of their former lives. This way you get to throw all kind of useful background stuff in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 22
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.