The Earth 75175 Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: The Earth 75175 Campaign Thread
April 06, 2009 11:28AM
Meta-Monkey Mayhem! woohoo! grinning smiley
April 06, 2009 12:16PM
LOL..Yep. Just wait till the post is done and I put a few of them (Including this one) up here for everyone to read.

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
April 06, 2009 07:03PM
Intro Post # 5 Velocity

Current Date is March 14 1994, Time 8:40pm, you have 20 minutes before you have to be at work. The bar is the Twisted Sister..A gentleman club that exclusively employs Mutants

The sound of the night were easy to hear through the paper thing wall that Velocity lived in here in Mutant Town, but when your living cash you've squared away for the last few years will over seas it's amazing if you have any money at. His apartment is a dump but it is so much better than the places he had seen in the war. Velocity had a few minutes before he had to be at work, a well known Gentleman Club here in MT known as the Twisted Sister. Not a bad place to work considering they payed in cash and didn't ask questions it was perfect.

As he arrives at Twisted Sisters, he notices the line is already around the block and Hubert, the early doorman, is having problems with a large muscular woman at the door. "And who do you think you are you little swinehund?" says the 6'6" woman, who is both beautiful but intimidating. As she towers over the 5'9" doorman. Clad in a black leather bodysuit that does nothing to conceal her bounteous charms, with heels that have to be at least 4 inches increasing her to a phenomenal 6'10". She appears to not notice Velocity as he streaks up.

"Evening Hubert" ignoring the beauty before me "how's the day been going for ya?" Velocity says.

Placing a red nailed fingertip on Huberts chest, the woman turns her head towards Velocity, and her German accent obviously growing stronger says "This little swvine dares to tell me I cannot enter as I am not a mutant! I have business to attend to inside and I will not allow this little half man stop me."

Thinking that I once again might be a tad under dressed for work but no one ever said anything. My blue jean tucked into the top of combat boots that had seen better days. A simple black t-shirt that said "security" it big bold letters across the front, but when your skin works out better than a mirror who really cares what a man dresses as. "Well lady if my friend Hubert says that your not a mutant than I can see why Hubert might not want you to enter."

Hubert begins to stutter, "I j-j-justed asked her is she was s-s-s-sure she wanted to come in to a mutant s-s-s-s-trip club."

"Sorry for the confusion, if you want to go in please feel free. But be aware that this is not a place for the faint of heart"

As Velocity defends Hubert verbally, the womans face clouds wrathefully. With a speed he had rarely seen outside of himself, her hand strikes out in a backhand slap at Velocities face.

Her movement are quick and seem to blur towards Velocity but not one to be caught of guard he quickly dodges just a half step to the left and than moves right back as if he had never left. "Well I was going to allow you into the club but if your going to be throwing punches I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"You? Little Amerikanzer, you will not stay my path." she replied, her voice speaking with absolute certainty and belief in herself. "I will be enterring into this den, and neither you, nor anyone else will stop me."

"Look Lady this is getting out of hand. But there is no way that I'm letting you through that door." Using a voice that echoes his drill sergent from not so long ago "Know step out of line and go somewhere else."

With inhuman speed, the Germanic woman lashes out with a kick that is sure to take Velocities head off if it connects. As Velocity again dodges back, the uberfrau before hims foot kicks through the door frame like it was paper mache.

Seeing the woman smash door like a paper mache it amazes Velocity that he dodged with such appraent easy. "This is your last warning lady. Please leave and will call this even but if you continue I will be forced to use force against you"

“You?!" she snorts, "If your vaunted Kaptain America could not stop me 50 years ago, what hope have you little man?" she says with a sneer.â€Â

"I don't care if your the Queen of England. Get your over sized attitude off my side walk, other wise you will find out what I can do."

With a blinding burst of speed, and a snarl, the amazonian German lets loose with a series of attacks, knife edged chop, leg sweep. knee strike, and open palm strike all seeming to nearly come at once. The womans strikes with inhuman strength and precision, though the second two strikes are avoidable, the first two strike Velocity harder than he has ever been hit before.

The amazons attacks hit like a ton of bricks but not one to be thrown off Velocity fires off a few attacks of his own. Using the metallic skin the covers Velocity's body he fires off 2 globs of hardened metal at the raging Amazon hoping to strike her right between the eyes. The metal globs sling out , striking the titanic woman in the face and between her massive mamaries. With a Valkyrie like screech, she lets forth her rage and kicks out with a tremendous double Axe kicks.

Velocity could still feel the sting from her last to massive kicks that connected against his side. And took great care to not be anywhere near those deadly kicks. "Can't hit what you can't see." With that I disappear before her eyes. And than fire of yet another glob of metal. Once again taking aim for her forehead.

As Velocity disappears, the womans eyes widen, then almost close in a glare. "Feigling!" she shouts out as the next glob appears to fly out of no-where and strikes her in the forehead. Her head snapping back, and the forward again she snarls, and stares around, as if by anger alone she can find him.

Velocity moved as quietly as his combat boots would allow moving to strike her from behind. This time aiming for the vile womans temples.

Her beautiful face made ugly by rage, the Germanic titaness whirls around, trying to pinpoint where the smaller man had disappeared to. Unfortunately, the sounds of nightlife in Mutant Town made this nearly impossible. Velocity again launched metallic globs. Unfortunately, as they became visible when they left him, she saw them coming and was able to move out of the way with a speed that to anyone else would have been inhuman, and even to the metal skinned speedster was intimidating. Suddenly, her face taking on a malicious grin, she lashed out and grabbed the cowering Hubert, who had been attempting to sneak past and get out of this clash of titans. Standing up, with her hand grasping him by the neck, she shook Hubert like a rag doll and said, "Now! This stops now. You will make yourself visible or I will snap his neck like a toothpick!"

"I'm here, just put him down." As Velocity speaks he allows his skin to once again become visible so that the world may perceive him. "Just put him down."

“No." she said, as she regained her composure and a trace of her former haughtiness. "You will go into this den of iniquity and bring out Sasha." with every word she shook Hubert to add point. "And if you do not, I will remove his head and make an ashtray out of it. He is probably a Jew anyway."

"I can not allow you to take another hostage but I could tell her that you are here and if she chooses she can come out and met you." Velocity voice is calm and unshaken as if battling the forces off evil is an every day occurrence. Velocity pulls out a cell phone out of his pocked and calls the club. "Your action have not gone unnoticed by the way the longer you stay the more likely that the Avengers or the like will arrive."

"Ha!" she laughs, "You think I fear your Avengers! You Captain was the only one who could have faced me and survived and he left you many years ago." With almost every word she shake Hubert, his face turning slightly purple. Inside the club, the phone is picked up, "Yes...Is the fight over? Is it Blob wanting us to hire male dancers again?" you instantly recognize the sniveling tones of Tom, the manager who's mutation of metamorphosis to and anthropomorphic weasel never seemed more appropriate.

"We've got a bit of a problem out here Tom, can you get Sasha for me right way." Putting my hand over the receiver "She's on her way, just so you know if you kill him the kid gloves come off and I will do everything I can to bring you down."

With a sneer on her face and laughter in her voice, she replies "And do you really think you could do that little man?", meanwhile, after moments of background noise, Sasha picks up the phone on the other end. "Yes V. whats going on?†her voice, though scared, still sounds sensual enough to harden Jello, and it suits the rest of her, a magnificently sensual, yet almost innocent, young woman.

"Sasha, I've got a woman out here who wants very much to talk with you, I'm not sure but she maybe a relative of yours. Just a sec" Once again placing my hand on the receiver Velocity turns towards the Amazon, "Tell you what I'll hand the phone over to you and you can try to convince her to come out but you have to put him down first."

"How about you hand me the phone or I hand you his corpse. I am her Großtante, you swvine." replies the woman, her spine as stiff as steel, and obviously taking pleasure in being in control of the situation.

Putting the phone back up to my ear. "Sasha If it's alright I'm going to pass the phone over to this woman. I should mention that she has Hubert by the throat so I would consider her to be very dangerous."

"O-Okay" Replies Sasha, sounding scared, while UberFrau holds out her open hand imperiously.

"Here you go, now put Hubert down you've got what you want.

"You want the schwächling . Catch him!" And with that she tosses Hubert like a rag doll into the air.

Running as fast his legs will carry him Velocity chases after the Hubert. He sails through the air like a discarded doll tossed away by an indifferent child. Running almost a quarter mile I'm able to snatch him out of the air just before he hits the ground. But my arms are just slightly softer than hitting the pavement and I can feel his bones break. Knowing that times is the only thing he doesn't have I pour on the speed. Heading towards the only clinic that's in Mutant Town.

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
April 06, 2009 07:06PM
Group Recruitment
The Art of Persuasion (JP: Jayme Cera & Josh Chord)

Josh felt himself revealed when the classic art class ended. He was
an artist who draw a manga-webcomic, he don't really liked the oil
and the canvas. Fortunately, after it he has one free hour before the
next class so he began to walk into the direction of the buffet. (I
must get some sandwich and drink, this old hag sucks off my pep) he
thought during the stroll.

There were others around the area, outside the classrooms at Empire
State, though one stood out bit more than the others--perhaps it was
the gently worn purple leather jacket and Doc Martens? She was
strikingly attractive, perhaps in a bit of an exotic way, with a
quirky smile that seemed to brighten up when she espied the azure-
haired young artist and walked toward him.

Once she was within speaking distance, she quirked up a brow, "Josh
Chord...I've been looking for you. Do you have a few minutes?"

Josh eyed the beautiful young woman who came close to him. After she
called him by name, he looked surprised, but then raised his left
eyebrow and answered "Well, it depends, miss. May I ask your name
first and why you lookin' after me?" His voice was warm and friendly,
but somewhat far. She appeared familiar but he couldn't attach a name
to her fine lines.

"I'm Jayme Cera." she replied offering a hand, somewhat calloused
from her passion for fencing and equestrian sports. "And while we've
never met, you might've seen me on the tele or in a magazine or
newspaper with my mum, Kay Cera. But, that's not why I'm looking for
you...I don't suppose you'd care t'grab a cuppa tea and a sandwich
and go chat about it?"

He shaked the offered hand gently, and nodded with recognition. "Oh,
you are..." he swallows the end of the sentence. "If you don't mind
if I'll eat my lunch while we'll talk, then ok." Josh steps to the
counter and buys some sandwiches and two cup of tea, and with them he
returns to Jayme, lending of the cup to her. "Okay, we can go. Over
there, in the park we find some calm place where we can walk
undisturbed."

"Thanks, and that's probably a good idear." she replied as she
accepted the steaming cup. A Earl Grey blend was always welcome,
"You're getting a bit of a following for your web comic, aren't you?"

They crossed the street into the park and found a quieter place to
continue their conversation around the tea and sandwiches...

He waited until Jayme sit down, then settled himself, too. "Well,
counting that it started as a hobby and I did it for fun, nowadays if
I skip an update, there are people who missing it." he laughs
quietly. "So yes, I can say it has some fan." Josh bites one from the
sandwich and sip one from the tea. "Ah, black and hot, as I like
it." He looks at his partner questioningly "But you said you want to
talk about something with me."

"Yes..." she replied, absentmindedly brushing a lock of hair back to
reveal pointed ears. Up close, her eyes were a startling shade of
blue-violet: Like those Tanzanites, a precious gem from the African
nation of Tanzania. "You've more special talents than just your
art--and that's a thing both of us have in common, though I'm
certainly not one of the Avengers, nor either of my half-siblings
who've been Captain Britain..."

"...a friend of mine, and I have recently come to the conclusion that
our particular talents might be better used in a more prominent role
than the more 'ordinary heroes' we've been--she's a psychologist and
my 'thing' is helping abused and injured animals recover, and return
t'comfortable, happy homes or t'a zoo or sanctuary...someone who
calls himself "Wyrd" suggested we might find like-minded folks, who'd
like t'make a difference, too." Jayme continued as she glowered at
the pigeons that began to 'beg' for crumbs or a handout. Her eyes
seemed to sparkle just a bit, behind the rimless glasses--and
suddenly the pigeons took a hike.

She shared a conspiratorial smile, "I'm kind of like Deanna Troi on
Star Trek--I'm an empath, but fully telepathic with animals...so you
don't have t'worry about the bloody skyrats..."

Josh listens the speech in silence, but his eyes are narrowing when
Jayme mentions the special talents and the famous superhero-groups.
He grins a little and tips his head while she forces the pigeons away
and explains how she did it. "Well..." his voice is deeper than
before, and his eyes are still narrow "forgive me, but this sounds as
a story for my comic... I don't really know why should I believe
this or that 'Wyrd'-guy you mentioned where took that I have any
power or something..." He stares at the woman mistrustfully. The
shadows slowly begins to stirr in silence behind Jayme, almost
unnoticed, under the bushes.

Jayme shrugged lightly, "I know that you're a "shadowy" sort, Josh
Chord. You're also uncomfortable in the "Great White North" or any
other sub-Arctic climate...and you're accomplished in Northern Mantis
style kung fu. I happen t'prefer Tai Chi and Hsing I--goes along with
being empathic. I don't like t'hurt people, given that I can feel
their pain right back."

"...and I don't normally talk t'anyone about being a psi-talent,
either," she explained gently. "Even though some of 'em insist on
calling me a "pet psychic"....they probably wouldn't like t'know just
what all their chatty yap-dog or lonely kitty can tell me!"

"So, I'm trusting you by telling you about myself, Josh," Jayme
continued between bites of sandwich and her tea. "I could tell you a
few other things about my family--aside from the fact that my older
brother's Captain Britain and that my purple-haired supermodel of a
sister's also psychic--that'd probably seem a wee bit crackers
t'you...though it's perfectly normal t'me..."

"You know a lot about me, miss... and it seems I may make nothing
against it. Even when I don't happen to have any pet at home" he
gives a faint smile to the woman. "As your family... mine is full of
not-normal people, but you probably knows this, too. And I got not
used to talk unfamiliar people about my ability, too, so forgive me
my former mistrust." He looks a bit eased as he drinks his tea, and
eats the remnants of his sandwich. Josh leans back on the bench,
crossing his arms on his chest, and returns to the original question
"So, what is all about? What should we - you, you're friend and I
bet, there'll be others - do, when and where?"

Jayme threw the sandwich wrapper into a nearby trashcan--scoring a
'basket' with little effort, "It's about dealing with the problems
the 'ordinary heroes' aren't able t'take on, and trying t'help make
our corner of the world a better place...it's about finding out where
we fit in t'a world where everything isn't black and white, light and
dark....nor completely what folks'd like t'believe it t'be...and
most of all, I'd say it's about being the best person one can be, and
t'find one's true potential--whatever that may be."

The young artist grins thoughtfully. "I'm sorry, but this sounds like
a recruiter-speech for one of the groups you mentioned earlier.
There are plenty of such groups, why must we form an another instead
of joining one? I understand the urge to help out people, I do it now
as good as I can. I'm young, maybe inexperienced, but not too
idealistic, I know that some thing neither good nor bad, just
happens. Last night I almost killed someone, because I overestimated
his powers. What if I can't save the next one?" His eyes became
darker and darker with every word he says as his emotions raise.

"You said that 'Wyrd' suggested you to find more people. What plan
has he? You are nice for me, you talk good, but who is the guy behind
this?"

"Somebody who knows a hell of a lot more about the Omniverse than I
do." Jayme replied, "He gave Viv--my chum--and I info on specific
people, Josh. You just happen t'be one of 'em. And in my case, I'm
not so sure I'm cut out t'be some kind of costumed hero, but how will
I know, if I don't try?"

"I not feel myself so special, compared to the well-known heroes." He
says in a flat voice. As he calms down, his eyes brightens back to
the original sky-blue color.

"Hell, maybe I just have to try it, at least it will give me ideas
for the comic." He smiles happily at last. "No one ever will believe
me that I was invited to a superhero group by the sister of Captain
Britain." he shakes his head slightly, in a way that reminds her to a
mantis which seeks for his prey. "Customes... they are needed or you
cause troubles for your family and yourself. Fortunately I have some
form of built-in disguse. Without it I'll be in trouble, I know well."

Josh looks straight into Jayme's eyes. "Where will be meet with the
others? How do I get there? How can I got into contact with you?"

Jayme's conspiratorial grin warmed up her olive features, "I don't
even *have* a costumed identity...yet...much less a costume, though
having a mum who's a famous clothing designer does have its uses!"

She finished off the tea and then popped the cup upwards, guiding one
of the skyrats to it. The pigeon caught it, and then flew it, and
with the help of some of its flock, ferried the trash to the rubbish
bin, "I'll give you the Hotmail address I made, so you can email
me...and I'm not sure how Viv's making with talking t'a couple of her
old chums, but I think a separate free email address would be a good
idear for now....it probably would not seem t'be that odd that an
artist is seen talking with a writer, so we can couch some of this in
terms of "collaborating" on a comic book, yes?"

Josh looks as the pigeon carries the cup to the trash, and his eyes
narrowing again. "Nice shot" he says "Now it is my turn", then he
places his palm over the leftover of his lunch. The spring's faint
sun creates a few shadow under the palm, which begins to move,
surrounding the trash and then suddenly they disappears.

"The email sound good. But we should use the language of flowers,
because I don't think that the Net is secure enough." he shrugs.
"Actually, I we could agree in a meeting point, and I can see it
before, I could get there from almost anywhere."

"Sounds like an idear. Bookstore? Zoo? A particular picnic area of
Central Park?" Jayme suggested. "Flowers would be innocuous
enough--and not many know the old Regency and Victorian customs
involved...though Uncle Walt's used it a bit in his period romance
novels."

"The Insect or the Reptilian House in the Zoo ? Those animals can't
do much noise if someone appears near them." Josh nods. "If you
suggest that form therms, then I have to read a lot" he smiles. "Any
other thing I should know?"

"I'd suggest the Reptile House at the Central Park Zoo as there are
areas that'd be sufficiently dark, and it'll be fairly convenient for
those of us who have t'travel the old fashioned way!" Jayme replied,
as she knew the zoos in the area rather well. "If you want t'email
me, we'll discuss anything as an idear for a comicbook and keep it
very low key."

"Okay. Then we have a deal." Josh nods. "I think, if we're finished,
I'll have to go back to my class." He stands up from the bench,
looking at the woman.

"A'right..." Jayme replied as she handed him a business card with a
British Union Jack on one side, and a Hotmail address on the other.
"You'll be able t'reach me there."

"Thanks, miss." He takes the card, and puts it into his purse. "I'm
glad to meet you" he smiles again showing his real age and his joyful
nature. He then bows slightly and turns away to walk back to the
classroom.

"See y'round, Josh....and it's "Jayme" t'you," she replied with a
wink as she melted into the late morning pedestrian traffic.

One down, and one to go...then she'd touch base with Viv and see how
her luck was with two old chums. Then they'd put their heads together
about that other dossier...

April 06, 2009 07:18PM
Recruitment Tyger/Spectrum

JP Specturm/Impulse

Tyger Gresham
-----------------------
Date is March 15 1994
Time 4: 20 pm
Location Alexandria, VA

Tyger fumed as he stormed out of Marcus LaFerlita's office, an angry aura just on the edge of vision seem to eminate from him. He was angry, that fact in itself as of late really wasn't new, but at least this time he had a list of why he was angry. The whole fight thing with that energy whatever while getting Digger, not really the fight, he enjoyed that, but the fact it got away annoyed him. Then the police tried to blame the damage on him, even after witness verified his account of the story, they still stuck him with a fine to cover the damaged light post. A fine that Marcus had refused to cover. They had agreed to no property damage this trip, and Marcus was holding him to that. If Marcus hadn't covered his expenses - something Marcus had considered not doing until he saw the glow in Tyger's eyes, he wouldn't have even broken even on this trip.

He was lost in thought, moving on auto-pilot towards the bank. He was going to have to deposit the whole thing, since the fine fiasco had screwed the amount of cash he liked to keep readily available. He stepped off the curb to cross not looking at traffic, but at the 4 paper clips and 3 thumb tacks that stuck in the left arm of his leather trench coat. Why had he been generating magnetism? Oh yea, an experiement he wanted to test while he was waiting on Marcus to ...

*SCREECH!*

The car stopped within a foot of Tyger. His head jerked to the right and he glared at the driver. The driver, a female in her mid-thrities glared back and Tyger and opened her mouth to issue some form of ccurse or obcenty, but caught her breath as flames appeared around Tyger. He placed his hands on the hood of the car, and the flames started to spread to the car. The flames where actually just illusions, a trick of light, but he could bring the real heat to bare when he wanted. The woman behind the steering wheel went from outrage to panic as she reached for the 7 year old girl in the passanger seat who was a breath away from letting out a blood curling scream of terror. It was Tyger's turn to catch his breath in the horrific realization of what he was doing. Mortified by his own actions, Tyger gestured and the flames become butterflies that circled the car and flew off as he quickly made his way to the other side of the street.

Now his anger shifted to himself, and he got mad at himself for being so angry. The cycle was getting worse he had to admit that, but why? He had escaped the Hound program he should be happy to be alive and free, instead he was just angry. He told himself that part of the problem had to be he was bored. He had no regular outlet for his aggression. In the program there had always been something to blast, to destroy, to beat up; now he had the occasional bout, but nothing ever satisfying, He needed something more, and something more often.

Tyger sighed as he entered the State Dept Credit Union where his mom had set up his account. He absently removed the paper clips and thumb tacs from his sleeve and considered starting his experiment again

Vivica watched the display from the confines and comforts of the Starbucks across the street. It’d been years since they'd last seen each other. In fact, Vivica thought she had lost her friend for ever. Of course, if that angry man was any indication, she was somewhat right. But then, who knows how much she'd changed over the years too?

She finished her white chocolate mocha -not as good as it sounded- and tossed it, reapplying her lip stick as she headed to the door; first impressions and all that. She checked her large purse for the dossier Wyrd had given her just to be sure then pushed outside into the street.

It didn't take long for the telepath to cross, noticeably without frightening the locals and enter the bank. DC was an interesting city, to be sure. It felt like bureaucracy and as she entered the bank she could almost feel the red tape threatening to constrict her. But she'd press on. She had more important things to worry about.

Her heels clicked softly on the floor as she moved over to an incredibly comfortable looking chair and sat. Eyes scanning the crowd, she found Tyger in line, still surly, and for a moment, Vivica's heart skipped a beat. This was the moment of truth. {Knock, knock darling,} she began as she used to oh-so-many years ago.

Tyger He was so familiar w/ the setup he didn't even bother to look around. Instead as he entered through the door, he surrounded the paper clips and thumb tacks in a magnetic field and started them to dance.

Tyger was embarrassed by his actions, and mad at himself. His anger was getting the best of him and he needed to get it in control, even now it distracted him as he entered the bank. He had been making deposits into this bank since he started doing jobs for Marcus, so he was familiar with the bank set up. Wanting something to distract from his anger he didn’t bother to look around but instead took the paper clips and thumb tacks and surrounded them in a magnetic field making them seem dance. He moved up to the line. The bank closed in 10 minutes and as usual there was a line.

He started to summon the light, to answer a question he had ... something told him he should be discreet, but then something ... someone else said knock in his head.

His eyes glazed, he surrounded himself in his energy sheath, using Ultra-violet light to keep it invisible to the naked eye, and slowly turned around. His eyes landed on a beautiful young woman simply staring at him. She looked familiar ... he played the sound again in his head, that voice/touch felt familiar ... then recognition.

"Vi!!" He yelled at startling the lady in line beside him and ran over to the chair where his old High school friend sat.

Tyger picked up Vivica spun her around hugged her tight, and for the 1st time in as long as he could remember he felt happy.

She laughed as she was lifted off of the ground and spun around, holding him tightly as well. Her eyes were beginning to well up with tears. "Ty, you sod! I'm so happy to see you!" She squeezed tighter as he let her down. "They told us... I thought you were gone for good." She traces her thumb across his eyebrows, smoothing them out a bit like she did in HS. "Always a bit unruly, aren't they?"

"I guess they couldn't take that from." He said his attitude starting to shift again, but he fought it. "What are you doing here? I figured you'd have gone home to assume your role as a true True."

"Oh no," she smirks. "I still have too much scandal left in me. I figured I'd get it out of my system in America where I can more easily bury it." The way she said it, it wasn't clear if she was joking or serious. With her, it was probably a mix of both, though the latter was the most notable. "I have a small psychology practice in Manhattan. I only deal with the dirty little secrets of New York's elite of course. You'd be surprised what skeletons are scrambling to be let out of those closets."

The two had been so engrossed in each other, they missed the 2 women come in talking, 1 with the baby carrier, but no baby. The man in his forties enter with an oversized backpack. The bike delivery guy, who wheeled his bike into the building, and the 2 other men who seemed to be at the check stand trying to write w/ pens w/ no ink.

“Well you can tell me all about it. At least the fun parts, and even change the names to protect the guilty." He smiles just looking at his friend in disbelief. "Vi, I’m so glad to see you. I so need something good right now"

"Well don't start with the white chocolate mocha across the street. That's sure to ruin your day if nothing else will." She looks at her watch. "Oh, go ahead and cash your check before the place closes. Then we can go for a stroll."

"Cool. Be right..." Tyger stops in mid turn, as the lights go out, and it takes just a moment for Tyger to verify it's not just the lights, but all the power to the building.

"Well that isn't ominous at all," Vivica says with a sigh.

Gun shot is heard as one of the men standing at the check counter pulls out his weapon and shoots the secruity guard. The woman with the pseudo-baby pulls a high-tech laser rifle from the carrier as she throws the carrier down, while her female companion pulls a semi-automatic pistol out on the teller who's window she just got to.

The man with the bicycle throws a section of the bike down while frame he converts into a semi-automatic assault rifle. The man with the backpack also pulls out a high tech weapon, some form of plasma rifle which he fires into the air and shots. "Everyone get down on the ground now!"

Tyger doesn't hesitate, anger flashes in his eyes, as his energy sheath re-activates this time what seems to be his standard angry red. How dare they destroy this moment. He spins placing himself between Vi and the center of the room, and as his gaze lands on the man with the plasma rifle twin beams of solid light emit from his eyes, striking the man in his chest and sending him flying backwards.

Vivian wastes no time. "Well I suppose this is the perfect segue into how and why I found you in the first place." She glances at the woman with the rifle and issues a simple telepathic command. {{Sit down and toss your weapon aside until the police arrest you.}} Then Vivica returns to the relative safety behind Tyger. "It seems some enigmatic Omega level mutant...or being wants to save the world. Or more precisely, wants *us* to save the world for him."

"Save the world? You’re here to recruit me?" Tyger stands to his full height (of only 5'9") and looks behind him at Vivica. "This isn't some kind of test is it?" He asks w/ a hard edge to his voice. The bicycler w/ the assault rifle, and the man who shot the security guard both turn to Tyger and start to fire. Bullets vaporize as they hit his energy sheath. He turns back, ignoring the man w/ the hand gun, he gestures as if flipping something towards the bicyclist. A black and gold tiger seems to appear out of nowhere, at first glowing slightly and then solidifying as it pounces the cyclist, and send the assault rifle sailing across the floor.

The lady with the laser rifle starts to recover and aims her weapon towards Tyger, while the others move to grab hostages.

"A test? Not as far as I kno-excuse me, that chimpanzee over there is trying to get our attention," she says as she glares at the woman. {{Throw your weapon aside and act like the monkey you are, darling. If you perform well, I may even give you a treat.}} She gets back behind Tyger, slightly taller due to her heals but not by too much. "He seems to like the direct approach, this mysterious benefactor. And he sent me and a friend of mine out to recruit the other members of this team. There's no obligation of course." She looked to see who was left. "But he threw in the nugget about achieving our full potential and the likes." She shrugs.

The two beside the check counter, the one who had shot the guard, and one who had initially froze, both move and grab hostages. The 1st grabs one of the personal bankers, the lady whimpers, but and stiffens as the gunman attempts to use her as a shield and puts his handgun to her head. The other grabs a male customer, yanks him to his feet and also uses him as a shield. The man starts to cry and plead, and a distinctive wet spot appears in the front of his beige trousers.

Tyger directs his attention to the man with the female hostage. He raises his left hand and a globe of light surrounds the gun and the man's hand up to his wrists. "Drop the gun or I'll laze the hand off," Tyger says through clinched teeth, a part of him hoping the man doesn't cooperate.

"And you," Vivica says to the man being held hostage by the other would-be robber. "Have at least some dignity? My God. It's fine though, this fine gentleman will give you his pants, after he sets his gun down of course. Then he's going to wait with his fellow incompetents for the police to arrive. "Aren't you, darling?" She finally glances at the robber, having already implanted the command into his psyche.

The man w/ the light ball around his hand and gun lets the woman go and holds his hand out away from, pleading silently to Tyger. Tyger simply turns his back on the man, while maintaining the solid sphere. "And we'll get to fight right? Not like this, but real challenges? And it'll be doing good right? Not hurting or hunting people just ‘cause someone said so?" He asks Vivica, his eyes also pleading for something ... anything in his life to give it meaning again.

She nods at him, something in her eyes saying she understood. "We'll be saving the world. I imagine some fights will be easy but some...some will shake us to the core. In the end though it will be for our children and their children's children. I'd consider that to be good."

Tyger nods and turns to glares at the last man still standing and begging for his hand. Again Tyger considers simply causing the ball of light to laze around the hand but he decides against it. He gestures and the ball along w/ the gun slides off the man's hand and simply sails across the room. Tyger then makes a broad gesture and waves of light gather the would be criminals into the center of the bank, and then forms a sphere around them of solid light. His eyes grow distant for a second then he turns back to Vi. "The cops will be here any second and that should hold them until then. I'm in. Now lets go someplace quiet to talk."

"Sounds like a plan." She picks up her purse from the seat behind them. "So...I hear you can fly now." Her eyes twinkle.

Tyger offers Vi his arm. "And so much more." He says as he escorts her outside and a wave of light appears underneath them to carry them into the air.

April 06, 2009 07:21PM
Recruitment Velocity
JP Jamye and Velocity

The past few days had trudged by. Velocity hadn't heard anything from Sasha since that day, but at least Humphrey seemed to be getting a little bit better.

Velocity alarm awoke him from a deep sleep the idle chit chat of morning radio always seemed to depress him. He quickly dressed into a clean pair of jeans and red polo that wasn't to badly wrinkled, and headed towards the the Mutant Town Clinic. Velocity speed allowed him to arrive at the clinic only seconds after leaving his apartment, but he could be almost any where in the big apple in under 5 minutes so it wasn't that big of a surprise.

The clinic had been at the height of medical technology 50 years ago but know it was just a sad building do the best that it could to support the only people who would visit it the mutants of New York. As Velocity walked in the sights and sounds were a little weird strange to get used to. A nurse with 8 tentacled arms was chatting with a patient and filling paper work at the same time. Velocity stepped into line, his own personal hell and waited for his chance to speak with the nurse so that he could be directed towards Humphrey's room.

A dark haired woman with pointed ears was almost...normal...around here. She seemed to be leaning against the wall, waiting for someone. Rather pretty, actually, perhaps a bit exotic and one couldn't peg down her ethnicity--just dark hair, olive skin and a pair of striking blue-violet eyes peered over the top of her shades as she surveyed the room from her vantage point. She wore old jeans, a purple leather biker jacket and scuffed Doc Martens--and some kind of Goth shirt. She was a bit taller than most women, and garnered a few stares--though no one seemed to get 'too' close to her. And after Kent's turn came to approach the nurse, he got his directions...which took him right past the dark haired woman.

Velocity's eyes quickly sized up the exotic woman in jeans and unique shirt. With only a room number to go by it couldn't hurt to ask for directions. "Excuse me miss, my name is John but everyone around her just calls me Velocity, I was hoping you could you tell me how to get to room 315A? The nurse was a little busy and her directions were a little vague."

"Sure...follow me," Jayme said simply, gesturing for him to accompany her down the hall, heading toward the in patient area. She pushed her hair behind the elven ears, "Your chum wont' have t'worry about the bill. I paid it already."

"Well that's very nice of you...... I'm sorry did you just say that you were going to pay his bill? Do you know Humprey?"

"Aye. And no, I don't know him...but I know about you, Kent Johnson." she replied, as they paused outside the room. "Name's Jayme. and while I'm not from this side of the Pond, I do know a thing or three about being different."

Velocity does a double take at hearing a name that he had hoped he had escaped at least for a while. "Well Jayme you have my attention. I'd just like to say hi to my friend and make sure that he's doing alright than we should sit down and chat. And if you could call me John it would be greatly appreciated."

"No worries. Don't want to cause trouble for you...John." Jayme agreed as she let the young man have a few minutes with his chum and co-worker.

Velocity took a few minutes to check on his friend, "Well Jayme, I know of a small coffee shops a few blocks up from here, if you would care to accompany me we can sit down and have a chat."

"Sure..." she replied as they left the clinic in favour of quieter surroundings, "Hope they make a good latte...."

"I'm afraid I wouldn't know I'm more of a black coffee guy myself." With that Velocity escorts the Jayme to the coffee bar. The streets of Mutant town are a place of safety for those who have an unusual appearance. When they arrive at the shop the place is almost empty save for a few late morning patrons who don't seem to be in any hurry to move on.

Jayme selected a table where they could view the comings and goings of others, but were also out of direct view, "That's a'right. I'm rather fond of my double vanilla lattes over ice. And the pastries smell good. We'll see how they taste in a tic...but you're probably wanting t'ask me a few things... I'll give you the gist up front: I'm here t'offer you a chance t'make a new name for yourself--literally--and perhaps, a chance t'explore your potential. I understand there's something t'wanting t'make a fresh start for yourself...."

"Well you've got my attention Jayme. All of those things are exactly what I'm looking for but I just have to ask what type of catch is involved. Everything has a price so what's the price tag on this offer." It was strange that a guy who used to trust everyone to be so concerned about the fine print. But his time in Iraq had changed him. He had left behind a part of himself that he would never get back but perhaps it was way past time that he started living in the real world.

There is no price tag, as far as I'm concerned." Jayme replied, warming her hands on the styrofoam cup, "You didn't ask t'endure what happened t'you. I don't know *all* the details, but I know enough t'think you deserve a fair shot at putting the past behind you, and getting on with your life.....A chum of mine and I had a rather interesting meeting with a bloke who passed along your name, and a few others who're trying t'find their place t'be long. So we decided t'take the bloke up on it, so here we are, talking about it..."

"I'm in for the time being, I'd be interested in meeting this individual who can hope change my life around. So I've got to ask how did you plan on exploring my potential?"

"Much the same way as I'll try t'learn more about mine: Practice, practice and practice." Jayme jested, though her expression was sincere, "I used t'have a bloody good grip on my psychic abilities, but I tried t'save that bloody twit who'd been beating her horse--and the horse had enough of it, t'go completely loco--and wound up in the hospital for a bit. I still remember how t'do things--but the head injuries messed up my telepathy, so it doesn't work right any more. I'm going t'have t're-learn how t'do things...and adapt...or improvise...as I go... Everybody on both sides my family has metahuman abilities, and alot of 'em are psychic, too." she admitted softly, "I'm kinda like Deanna Troi now--an empath and dysfunctional telepath who can mindspeak t'tother psychics, but I couldn't 'read' the words in your mind if I wanted to--all I'd get is pictures and the emotions that go with them...kinda like watching a film with no words or subtitles."

"Well that's not good. I understand what your going through it took me a long time get a control on the things that I can do. I'm not sure how much you know but I can run fast, my skin is remarkably strong and I can bend light around me making completely invisible. It took me almost 2 weeks to make myself visible after I changed."

Jayme winced in sympathy, "Ouch...that'd bite...I'm lucky I heal up faster than normal folks, but it wasn't enough t'fix *that*...but you don't seem like the speedster I met: You're not in a big rush all the time, and you're not getting impatient with the rest of us who can't keep up....I'd feel it if you were. "And can I ask you something...?" Jayme inquired, a look of curiosity emerging as she reached over and lightly touched the back of his hand--which felt smooth and warm like metal instead of skin, "Are you able t'feel through that stuff?"

"Yes and no, when I moving fast it's much more sensitive than ever before, I can feel the slightest breeze and shift in the wind. But right now you could jab that fork into my hand I wouldn't feel a thing. As for the not being in a rush like other speedsters, it's like a switch in my head I'm either fast or not. Waiting can be unbearable when I'm got it when I've got it turn on."

"That makes sense." Jayme replied thoughtfully, recalling her aunt, Samantha's, ability to manipulate a sort of mystical metal and form it out of nothingness in nearly any form she desired--though most commonly as beautiful, ornate armor and weapons. She finished her apple Danish and slid a sort of 'business card' across the table to Kent--aka John--with a British Union Jack on one side, and a Hotmail email address on the other, "Make yourself a free Hotmail account that you can check at the library or a cyber cafe. We can talk about things in the terms of comicbooks, sci-fi movies and whatnot, t'keep under the radar. Viv and I are going t'see if we can get every one t'meet up at the Reptile House at the Central Park Zoo soon. It's quiet, dark and I have access there with my work as an animal behaviourist...that sound a'right t'you?"

"Sounds great. Any idea of a time frame for the first meet?"

"That's what we're working on....but perhaps we ought t'meet for coffee, in say, a couple of days--here, about this time?" Jayme suggested.

"That would be great. See you in 2 days time."

"Aye, I'll see you then, and try not t'get into any more fights with the Amazons, eh?" Jayme agreed. She slipped an envelope into his other hand discretely, under the table. Then she slipped out of the coffee shop and quickly melted into the normal denizens of the area....

Velocity calls out to her as she leaves "Thanks!" And thinks to himself what a weird days it's been but all in all very worth while. The wind is changing for me. Lets just hope that there's no storm waiting in the wing.

April 06, 2009 07:24PM
Bedside Conversation

JP Vivica and Kane

It's been a couple dayss since Tatt's attack and the mood about the
Xavier Institute for Higher Learning is a somber one. Though the
mysterious and enigmatic being known only as Wyrd managed to reattatch
the former genetic terrorist's limbs, Mortimer Tonbey, also known as
Toad is still asleep. At his bedside sits Vivica True, who only hours
ago had her own encounters with both Tatt and Wyrd. She holds Toad's
hand, watching him sleep with a well of emotions evident behind her deep
brown eyes.

Kane walks into the medbay, a somber look on his face. Feeling somewhat
responsible for Toad's condition, he sighs a touch... tentatively
reaching out as if to touch Vivica's shoulder, but stopping at the last
second. Gone are the sweater and jeans he had been wearing, replaced
with his yellow and black "old style" X-Men uniform... since combat
could be imminent, he had decided it was better to play it safe.
Besides, the insulated costume offered some protection vs the cold
outside, ranking better than his sweater. His voice was soft, his
blonde hair spiked up... an unusual color considering his half Asian
features* "How's he doing, Vi"?

She doesn't look at him as she speaks. "He's still resting. Mentally,
he's exhausted and..." she looks at him finally, "I'm not sure what
that's going to do to his psyche." She looks tired and, while she's
wearing a pair of designer jeans and a nice shirt and heels, her make up
implies she was glammed up earlier. "But how are you dealing?" She lets
go of Toad's hand and shifts around in the swivel chair to face the
teenager.

His shoulders slump and he sighs... looking somewhat dejected. Finally
he straightens a bit and shrugs. "I feel like I should have been there
to stop Tatt in the first place..." He narrows his eyes at the thought
of the tattoo'd assassin and he kicks the ground, scuffing his boot
against the floor. "I mean, it was either take Tatt on or save Mort's
life... I don't regret my choice there, but I should have been with him
when Tatt attacked him. Maybe I could have done something..."

"You could have gotten yourself killed." It wasn't an attack, just a
statement. "Tatt's attacks are calculated. He doesn't just run in
half-cocked. He was prepared for you, just like he was prepared for me
earlier in the evening." She frowns, as if she too wished she could have
stopped this from happening. "You did well, though. Even if you did
manage to over-power him, Mortimer might not have pulled through. I'd
take a live him over a dead Tatt anyday."

He nods quickly, smiling a bit. "Yeah... but someday I'll fight him for
real and we'll see who comes out the victor. Thanks, Vi... and I feel
the same way". He leaned against the back wall, watching the two
mutants... still praying that Toad's legs would again function someday.
After a moment of silence, he spoke again, his mood seeming to have
changed slightly for the better. "So... you know it wasn't Cerebra that
reattached his legs. It was this wierd guy with thick glasses..."

She seems surprised by that. "Did he seem to have any strange compulsion
to...clean them?" It was as if she already knew the answer after she
asked it, which isn't really that surprising for a telepath. But this
didn't seem like something she picked out of your brain.

He tilted his head. "Actually... yeah. How on earth did you know that?
He seemed genuinely puzzled... perhaps discounting her telepathic
abilities or just having forgotten them. Either way, the look on his
face is one of shock.

"Right after Tatt showed up at the ball, I ran into him. He calls
himself 'Wyrd.'" She smirks a bit at the situation. "That's funny." She
rests her elbow against the small table next to her seat and her chin
upon her hand. "Isn't that terribly meaningful?"

Kane smirks as well... the levity much needed at the moment. "He's
'weird' alright. That's funny... his name is actually... heh". He
crosses his arms and shakes his head, wondering what kind of weirdness
Wyrd told Vivica. "So what did he say to you? Something about saving
the world with mutants and humans"?

"The usual spiel," the telepath says with an off-hand wave," about
untapped potential, the road to greatness and...apparently the world is
in peril. I imagine your conversation went pretty much the same?"

"I'm here to offer the chance to make the world a better place and save
it... not just for mutants, for humans too" "Kane mimiced what he
remembered the man saying to him. "I told him I was fine where I am now
and he vanished".

"I did the same, more or less." She looks back at Toad for a moment.
"But then I thought about it. I'm not entirely moved by his speech, but
it's become clear to me that something is going on." She looks back up
at Force. "I don't like the idea of others deciding my fate. Not when I
have the chance to choose it myself."

He tilts his head, letting his arms drop to his sides as he regards his
teammate. "If there is something going on and the X-Men need to get
involved, we'll be there..." He pushes off the wall and walks toward
her, stopping about 3 feet away. "I don't like the implication that
this guy wanted me to leave the institute".

"I'm not sure what he has planned. But he's hand picked all of us for a
reason. And he seems to have some sort of plan in mind. I certainly
don't believe he means us harm, though his timing leaves me a bit
uncomfortable."

He again crosses his arms, looking down at the telepath. He raises an
eyebrow as he regards her* "What would you have me do? You almost
sound like you've already made up your mind".

"I'm going to help. The world-saving thing leaves me cold, I admit. But
I can't in good conscience leave some bizzare stranger with the power to
'know things' and teleport himself into two of the most heavily guarded
places in New York without so much as blinking, to run around doing God
knows what in God knows where." She pauses. "I'd prefer to not have to
face it alone, but...I can understand if you don't want to join me."

He pauses... not really sure if she's being earnest or if she's trying
to manipulate him into going with her. Could he leave his friend to god
knows what while he stayed behind? Then again, what if the X-Men needed
him while he was gone? What if Tatt or even the whole Brotherhood
attacked while he was away? He sighed inwardly. This was not an easy
decision. He looked deep in thought for what seemed like minutes.
Finally he shook his head. "I'm not going to let you face whatever
you're going to face alone, Vi. I just hope we're not making a huge
mistake..."

She nods, her lips pursing a bit as if she'd thought the same thing.
"I've reconciled with myself that the world needs the X-Men and, if we
are truly here to save it, we'll be here to help the X-Men as well."

Kane nods, his features suddenly dead serious* "Alright... so what now?
Obviously we have to tell the others. I hope they'll understand".

"How could they not? We all have things that pull us away from time to
time." She smiles at him, though it's more to reassure him than
anything. "And we've still got time. There are some others I need to
find as well."

He returns the smile... how can you not smile back when a pretty girl
smiles at you? It's sheer instinct, though some smiles are goofier than
others. This one is of genuine thanks for her efforts to reassure him.
Sometimes it's hard to feel like a kid when the world thrusts
responsibility upon your shoulders... but ever since Tatt attacked, he's
felt very young. He cocks his head to one side as she finishes her
sentence. "Others? What do you mean"?

"When he approached me, he handed me dossiers that I didn't get the
chance to read. They disappeared with him. But now that I've accepted, I
imagine those dossiers will reappear. All of us have a role to play, it
seems. But until I've read them over, I have no idea what those roles
are."

He shrugs a bit, not fully understanding. "Well you do what you have to
do... I'll be there to back you up when push comes to shove". *He makes
a fist and pounds it into the other palm, smirking as he does so. "I'll
let you thinkers do most of the thinking"...

She laughs at that. "We'll get through this, darling. I'm glad to that
you'be got my back." She turns back to Toad and sobers a bit. "I've
certainly got yours."

April 06, 2009 07:26PM
Chance Encounters

(Jayme, Gothika & That-Creepy-Git-With-Tattoos)

Time..Night after most recent post..

Jayme would probably be at home, checking her email, working with the kitties
she's fostering. Just a quiet evening 'in'.

As the evening progresses, Jayme feels a bit hungry. Going to the fridge, she
realizes the "cupboards are bare" to steal a line from a popular nursery rhyme.

Being rather methodical, Jayme went through the cupboards and fridge and made
her list. She found her canvas bags and the rolling 'basket' cart she oft took
shopping. She grabbed her jacket, backpack and secured her wallet on her person.
It was time to do the weekly shop...

She headed out of her building into bustling early evening of Manhattan and
headed for her favourite market...

Then the three-legged kitten< Treo, got to ride along, hiding in/under the
hood of Jayme's mid-thigh length jacket. The little one seemed to be intent on
worming her way into Jayme's life. Something of an insuperable and adorable
sidekick...

Looking up at her from the inside of the jacket, the kitten shivered, not so
much from the cold as from the feeling of fear that seemed to radiate off of her
in tiny waves.

Jayme scritched her kittenball, [Hey...it's okay, fuzzball. It's you and me
against the world, Treo...]
Entering the market,

One of the first things Jayme notices is a tall girl in Gothic wear shopping
in the fresh fruit and vegetables section (Roll a feat vs Gd) and standing next
to her as she smiled and chatted, a man she recognized after only having met him
one time, the Brotherhood's sociopath assassin, Tatt. But the look he was giving
the young woman who stood several inches taller than him, as well as his relaxed
stance and the unshielded emotions coming off of him, did not seem the same at
all as when she met him before.

Jayme slipped intot he market and discretely went about her shopping. She
didn't want to run into that tattooed guy again--at least not without backup.
She kept her wits about her and remained observant--discretely checking out the
fresh veggies section after she'd gotten the other things she needed...

Looking around the corner, she sees the two walking towards the checkout.

Somehow, from the stocky man in black, she senses multiple emotions, almost
like there are two people within him. One, seems content and almost happy, the
other cold and dark, and seeming weaker, but obviously the same darkness she had
sensed from him before.

The tall young woman, still chatting however seemed unusual, almost like she
was there and not there. Like the psychic energy Jayme projected to sense was
being drawn in and not coming back.
Her head looking up, the smile slowly faded from her face, the young woman
started looking around as if she had felt something.

Jayme kept her senses sharp, but she also was of a mind to collect her fruits
and veggies and get back home. She didn't want any unnecessary excitement or
entanglements. Unlike Viv who seemed to be a master of the drama that unfolded
around her, Jayme preferred her peace and quiet...

Finally seeming to narrow the direction of what she felt, the young woman
leans down and whispers something to Tatt while keeping a hand on his shoulder.
Then starts walking almost directly towards Jayme, a slight smile on her lips.
And from behind the approaching woman, Jayme the darkness begin to "rise", is
the only way she can think of it within Tatt.

Jayme subtly maintained her primary defense--the ability to keep hostile
parties a distance from herself. She was beginning to second guess her decision
to consider the role of a more visible, active adventurer. Perhaps it was her
empathic nature to avoid conflict and strife? Either way, the Briton decided to
pay for her groceries and go home--if by an indirect route. She'd let Viv know
what she'd witnessed, as the other psychic was far better suited to dealing with
it than she was.

Walking up to Jayme, the tall young woman say's "Hello." with a smile and a
joyful sound to her voice.

Jayme regarded the perky-goth politely, "Hullo..."

"Can we talk outside a moment when you are done?" Gothika asked politely, her
smile never wavering. As she talked, Treo peeked out his little head and started
to utter a "Meow" but the quickly withdrew back inside as Jayme noticed the
darkness of emotion that signaled Tatt approached.
Jayme's quiet features remained calm, though she was wary within. "I'm
actually expected somewhere, but I've a tic for coffee at the cafe up front
here."

"Thats sounds lovely," Gothika responded, her smile growing. Turning behind
her she gestured "Gene honey, you mind is we stop for a bit of caf?" and Jayme
felt something most unusual, the darkness within seemed almost to quiver in pain
at the very sound of the young womans voice, and then he replied "Not at all
Darlin', not at all."

Jayme was uncomfortable with complete strangers--but especially with ones that
were as chilling as the tattooed git. She didn't feel like wearing her 'public'
face all the time, and tonight she just hoped for a quiet night in with the
cats....even if her t-shirt d'jour had a stained-glass look of one of her mum's
more avant garde designs, with a certain Gothic twist, and her overall look
kinda fit the bill, she didn't really fit into any cookie cutter categories that
humans seemed to come up with.

She snagged a copy of the new issue of Cat Fancy and tossed it onto the
conveyor with the rest of her purchases, including catlitter and a bunch of tins
of Fancy Feast. So what if she preferred the company of her critters to people?
Sometimes they were better conversationalists...

As Tatt walked up, Jayme noticed the changing emotions and feelings from him,
she had never felt anything quite like him before, even when she had attended a
visit to an asylum with her mother to visit an "old friend" a man who had
multiple personalities and powers associated with each one. Walking up, he
hefted the bags that contained the purchases he and Gothika had made. "Got
everything right here Darlin'." and smiled. As she looked back at him, Jamye
could tell the emotions she had for the shorter man even if she could feel very
little from her,

Waiting for the cashier to ring up Jamye's purchases, the unusual twosome
stood side by side, their differences obvious even if they both wore black.

Jayme bagged up her own groceries and packed them into her rolling cart/basket
with quiet efficiency. She kept her thoughts to herself and psychically
reassured Treo, who remained snuggled inside her jacket. Then she headed over to
the cafe corner inside the front of the market and ordered a vanilla chai for
herself.

The two stood behind her in line and when they reached the front Gothika
ordered a triple shot latte with a double mocha and whiped cream topping and
Tatt ordered "Coffee Black" in a flat voice, his tone showing his obvious
disgust at being served by a normal human, at which Gothika tapped him in the
shoulder and he seemed to lighten slightly, and his expression softening mumbled
"sorry." then paid for their purchases before following Gothika to Jamye's
table, seeming to glare at every man who stared at the young woman.

As they sat, Tatt placed the drinks in front of them, and sat, while Gothika
turned her chair around and straddled it, her long shapely legs abvious even
without the extension provided by the boots she wore and her skirt, just barely,
keeping her decent. "I'm Gothika," she said extending her hand to Jamye as she
continued "and this is Gene" she continued with a smile as she said it and
glanced at the man.

Jayme quirked a dark brow at the goth chick, shaking her hand. "I'm Jayme."
she replied, keeping it simple.

Being relatively strait-forward, the young woman replied while she shook the
hand with a surprisingly strong grip, "Your a mutant aren't you?" she asked, her
smile never wavering as she sipped her drink, not noticing "Gene's" sardonic
smile behind her.

Jayme's fingers curled around chai, warming her hands. She considered her
thoughts carefully, and to how she'd answer that. Truthfully, she wasn't...and
she'd never been a good liar, either. Jayme notised the guy's expression as
well. She was, by nature, an honest person, "No, I'm not."
Tilting her head to the side, Gothika sighs, though she continues to smile.
"Well, sorry bout that then. I guess I just assumed.." she left off at that as
she again sipped her caffeine laden concoction. And at that point, there was a
loud explosion fropm down the block, that shook the tables in the cafe, and even
cracked the window up front though it didn't shatter it as it did in buildings
closer to the source.

Jayme shrugged, "No worries..."

Extending her senses outward, Jamye noticed something she had missed
previously. Outside, and a few blocks down, where she could sense the presence
of fire, was also some unusual lifeforms, one, obviously larger and denser than
the others took up enough space for 3 normal men and one of the others had a
most unusual "feel" to him, she could feel both extreme heat and cold radiating
off of him, the only other lifeform near to them felt relatively normal, though
there was something about him...

As she concentrated, she almost didnt notice Gothika stand suddenly, "Come on
Gene. People might need help" she said her grin suddenly gone. And suddenly
Jamye felt something very unusual around the young woman, to her eyes she say
nothing, but her extra senses detected around her both a rip in space and an
intake of some form of energy from the other side of this rip, and suddenly
Gothika was fairly bursting with this extradimensional energy as stood and
strode towards the door, cracking her knuckles. "You coming?" Tatt asked, the
darkness within him rising as if hungry and his eyes turning solid black as
again from the openings in his black clothing shadowy tattoos seemed to crawl
across his exposed arms and face.

She wasn't sure she trusted either of 'em, but $40 in groceries was cheap,
compared to people's lives. "What are you two? Some kinda superheroes?" Jayme
muttered as she slung her backpack over her shoulders. *And just 'cause
somebody's got powers, doesn't mean they're a mutant...* she thought to herself
behind her psychic shielding.

Tatt stopped again, for just a moment and replied "I personally couldn't care
less if a bunch of retros die." he said with a cold smile that chilled her to
the bone, "But she thinks just because we can that we ought to prove that we are
better by helping those less fortunate." and turning to follow he continued over
his shoulder "And I will allow nothing to harm her." he finished the last his
voice even colder than before.

Jayme shook off Tatt's creepiness and followed Gothika out of the cafe. She
wasn't any superhero, that was certain--but there was a small chance that even
her jacked up psi-talents might be of some use... She remembered what she'd told
Velocity--she wouldn't know what she could do, unless she tried...

Stepping outside Jamye see's, further down the block and illuminated by the
fire on the side of the bank, three beings who obviously are not normal humans.
And she also sees Gothika taking off at a tremendous speed towards them calling
out, "Hey Sweeties! I think it is a bit too late for a withdrawal." and Tatt
steps out with a low growl she barely hears and gestures at the group with both
hands. From the darkness surrounding him shadows leap and slide towards the
assembled bank robbers, Rhino, Equinox, and The Ringer.

Uh-oh....Jayme thought to herself. Something was heading their way, and while
she wasn't an anime fan, she knew the twins occasionally got a kick out of anime
and "Godzilla"... First things first...find a defensable spot...then she'd see
what she could do about softening up the opposition. She just might be able to
do something useful after all....

Gothika runs forward at incredible speeds, faster than many cars and plows
into Rhino, though she only seems to knocks him back a step as she hits with a
thunderous impact and bounces back onto her butt. The shadows that projected
from Tatt seem to engulf Ringer, and from the darkness come a series of screams
and and fear and pain that Jamye feels even through her shields.

Unseen by any, the emotional overload Jayme sends rocketing into Equinoxes
brain overloads his mind and will, sending him to his knees flaming tears
streaming down his icy face calling out "Daddy! I am sorry! I didnt mean to be
bad!" And then he slowly drops to the ground unconscious.

Jayme was pleasantly surprised that the trick worked. That didn't mean that
things were going to get any easier on Gothika. She was probably going to need
some help--and if she could make use of that "Gozilla-wannabe" it'd be of some
use. Of course that meant she'd have to try and poke it hard enough...but the
guy in the mascot-suit looked pretty tough.

Gothika quickly regains her feet and begins a series of chops and kicks
against the larger slower moving Rhino, unfortunately seeming to have little
effect other than annoying him. He responds with thunderous swings of his arms,
fortunately missing her with his first attack. Within the darkness that Tattoo
had engulfed him in, Ringer continued to scream as if he was being slowly
devoured, and beside her she felt the dark pleasure Tatt felt at this.

Jayme focused on what she could do...and tried to overload Rhino. She couldn't
quite reach "Godzilla" yet...and might not have to if this worked a second time

(Rolled 85, +10 karma to make it a red, same thing she used on Equinox....)

As the Rhino reached out towards and grabbed Gothika by her head, he stiffened
and with a quite "mommy" collapsed, his eyes rolling up into his head, letting
go of the perky gothic Brotherhood member as he fell backward landing with a
colossal thud.

Landing on her feet, Gothika listens as Ringers screams suddenly stop, then
quickly turning she hollers out to Tattoo, "Enough! You don't want to kill him
do you?" at which he grimaces, and with obvious reluctance withdraws the shadows
surrounding Ringer, who is curled up on the ground unconscious in a pool of his
own blood rents all over his armor.

Jayme silently sighed in relief. She looked around for any other
perpetrators....

Again moving at phenomenal speed, Gothika runs back to the twosome, "Baby we
gotta go. Cops are coming." and sure enough, on the edge of hearing, Jamye can
hear approaching sirens. "Thanks, maybe we can do it again sometimes." Gothika
says, as she grabs Tattoo by the arm and Jamye again feels that rip opening and
suddenly the two Brotherhood members seem to slip out of existence and the rip
closes behind them as they enter it.

Jayme slipped into the crowd and made her way back to the cafe to retrieve her
groceries--and head home. She'd had enough excitement for the evening. And she
had something more to tell Viv when she next saw the human psychic. She cuddled
Treo on the way, promising the little furball a tin of her favourite Fancy Feast
when they got home...

April 06, 2009 07:28PM
Evolution of the Super Apes Part 1

Tyger/Specturm

Tyger watched Vivica get into her car, and pull away safely, and smiled a geninue smile. He glanced down the street at the bank where the police still had the area blocked off. He'd have to deal with that soon, but he was in no rush and Vi said she'd help so that could wait, and he wanted to enjoy this moment as long as possible. Stepping back into the alley he then floated on a wave of light. A gesture w/ his hand and he created a tunnel which he could fly upwards invisible to the naked eye of those around him.

As he flew upwards and outwards, he noticed movement in the night sky, at the barest edge of his senory enhancements. Tyger was enjoying feeling something he hadn't felt in a long time, happiness. He wasn't angry. He could still feel it, but it wasn't in the fore front, and as he took to the night sky he looked around and for the first time in a long time just enjoyed it's beauty. Something in the distance caught his attention. In his present state of mind it was almost mild curiousity.. was it something he could buzz by? Was it a plane he should avoid? He didn't know... to be honest he wasn't sure he cared, but he was a little curious so he got closer and switched his sense to be able to detect patterns of energy and prehaps determine what it is.

In the distance, just at the edges of his perception, a small object landed in the National Zoological Park , giving an unusuall radiation he had never encountered. Noting the unusal energy signature, and the location the object was traveling towards - the National Zoo, Tyger decided a closer look was definitely in order. A thought, a change of direction, and he zoomed in closer using his powers to keep track of the object. As he heads into the NZP from the sky, he see's a hole in the roof of the Primate House, and it from within that he senses the unusuall radiation. "Oh great, that had to be a metorite or something. What am I suppose to do w/ a metor?" He absently scratches his head while looking down at the hole. "I guess not really my problem. First alert the cops so they can bring some hazz-mat NASA recovery team, and then get that out of there before this turns into a bad Sci-Fi movie."

Ty reaches out and transmits his thoughts over the radio waves to the local police department alerting them that an object ... which appears to be a metorite has landed in the primate house in the zoo. He disconnects the transmission before they can start asking questions that he's not in the mood to answer. After sending the alert to the police he lowers himself into the hole, trying to see exactly what it was that fell from the sky.

Within the strangly quite primate house is a meteor laying on the floor. The floor around it is somewhat melted an cracked as if hit at a great speed. The meteor pulses with a light green glow, pulsing almost like a heart. Tyger looks at the space rock and watches for a moment as it pulsates. He knows to some extent at the very least he can identify most known energy types, the fact that he can't ID the energy coming off of this sets off all kinds of alarms in his head, which proceed to turn his once happy mood sour. "Your just going to piss me off aren't you?" He says to the glowing rock. "Well lets get you out of here. Pissing me off is one thing, but a bunch of angry gorillas is never a pretty sight." He knows trouble when he sees it, but he also knows that some trouble can't be avoided, but maybe it can be placed somewhere were it won't be as much trouble. He extends his hand and attempts to encompass the rock in a sphere of solid light.

As he gestures to encase the meteor, Tyger notices the silence, looking up, he see's in front of him, in the monkey exhibit, 6 chimps hanging on the bars watching, their faces normal, but their expressions strange. Feeling the hair on his neck rise, he looks behind himself and see's on the other side of the bullet proof glass that wards the great ape exhibit 3 gorillas hunched up, one much larger, all quietly staring at him. And finally from the exhibit where the orangutangs are, he see's, completeing his turn, one of the red haired apes staring at him, the other grinning as it pics its nose.

Ah the energy he weilds encases and begins to solidify around the meteor, Tyger feels something most unusual. At the outer reaches of him mind he hears a voice seemingly made of many say two simple words {No. Ours.} And behind him, he hears a great crash, as the largest Gorilla seems to almost casually step through the bullet proof glass, like it was mere spider webs. "$#!t - Yea, bad Sci-fi" Tyger says as he shakes his head. "Lets get you out of here of here 1st." He says more to himself then to the actual metor below him. Using the light as a teather, he pulls and lefts trying to raise the metor and escape thru the whole in the ceiling.

The sphere of light he encapulated the meteor with seems to develope hairline fractures as Tyger attempts to lift it, feeling the strain which is most unusual for such a relatively small item (Basketball sized) The green energy is seeping out from the fractures

{No! Ours!} again the multiple voice seems to echo in his head, stronger this time. "Oh bite me!" He shouts out loud, then thinks to himself "Ok, maybe not the smartest choice of words."
Maintaining the energy sphere he gestures w/ his free hand, and attempts to decrease the pull of Gravity on the metorite. At his exclamation, the huge Gorilla reaches out and grabs hold of the orb encasing the meteor, The encasing sphere holds for a moment, then as Tyger attempts to divert part of his power to reduce the gravity around it, it cracks and shatters leaving the meteor cradled in the hands of the massive ape, who looks up at Tyger with a almost child-like look of glee on his simian face.

{Go Away Bad Human} Tyger hears again {Ours} the voice again stronger, but not nearly enough to overwhelm his own thoughts. Ty grumbles. "Ok, yours. So how about we all go for a nice little flight and get some night air?" He gestures again in an attempt to encase the gorrilla in a sphere of light. Stilll trying to keep his mood under control, Tyger uses a soft blue light instead of the normal hard yellow or reds that have become a lot more his standard. The sphere he envisions is easily 1.5x's as large as the Gorrilla. He's trying to give it room, and not feel overly threatened. As the shield surrounds the Gorilla and Tyger begins to raise it and himself into the air, the voice he has been hearin in his mind screams almost in a panic {NO No Take Star Stone!} and the other simians also begin making a lot more noise, especially one of the other gorillas, the slightly smaller one. "Yes take Star Stone, and tell the keepers to load up on tranqs, and asprin, somethings tells me there is going to be a lot of headaches in the morning. Come on big guy, lets see if we can find some where quiet to wait for the people in charge." Tyger continues up and out of the Primate hut. The great ape within the sphere seems to not be overly upset by being incapulated, though Tyger can "feel" the edges of the feild bulge where he examines it with restained strength. And from within the rapidly retreating Primate house he hears an enraged Gorilla roar even over the screetching of the monkeys and other primates.

Tyger sighs and flies towards the front of the zoo w/ the Star Stone craddeling gorrila in tow. "You know if I can get through this without getting really pissed off, this is going to be a good night." He says almost gently to the gorilla. At a large open area near with the entrance and lands. Maintaining his field around the gorilla he once again reaches out with his power over radiowaves to find the police frequency. "Hello out there in the big ole land of law enforcement. This is Ty..." He realized giving his real name might not be the best move at the moment. "... Mira..." He's grown so much since he was Mirage, it seems like a distant memory stolen... Letting that train of thought drop quickly he looks around quickly and spots a neon sign for 'Specturm Graphics.' This is Specturm," he projects w/ a shrug. "I'm at the national zoo, where a metorite of some sort landed in the primate house and did something to the monkeys. I'm at the front of the zoo w/ an 800 lbs gorilla who is holding the metor and doesn't look to anxious to give it up. Please send everything and anything you want to handle and advice on this, and do it quickly before I have to start spanking the monkey and you guys just decide to blame the mutant black guy for everything." He doesn't break off contact this time, but waits for advice or questions or something. Over the staticky interface, he hears a female voice reply "Who is this! What kind of joke do you think your pulling?" while at the same time, he feels the sphere incapsulating the huge ape again begin to bulge, as it pushes with even more strength, though for the moment it is well within his ability to withstand.

Tyger takes a deep breath as the voice hits all the wrong nerves. Blue of his personal energy sheath starts to shift a slow shift to red. "This is.. oh.... gggrr.. B!tc# just send someone to the zoo or an angery 800 lbs gorilla is going to be the least of your worries!" He cuts connection and fires a bright beam of light into the air.

The light bursts skyward as Tyger ne Specturm gives vent to his aggravation, his sphere still encapsulating the huge ape, for now. From the bushes leading back into the Park, Tyger hears a crashing and a rapidly approaching "Hrgh Hrgh" of heavy animal-like grunts approaching.

"Okay big boy. I'm not fighing the zoo, so time to move." The newly named Specturm takes to the air with the Gorilla globe in tow. "And don't break out of there, cuz we both know you can. And u little space, don't piss me off." Bursting out of the bushes moments after he takes off, Specturm see's one of the Gorillas from the primate house. Roaring and nearly foaming at the mouth, the ape stands on her hind legs and bellows at him stretching out her arms towards him.. Specturm flies up twice as high as tree top level and stops. Standing on the solid wave of red light (which is slowly shifting back to blue), he looks down and scratches absently behind his ear. He then looks over at the Gorilla and the Star Stone. "HHmm.. is that your doing?" He says looking at the stone. "Or our doing?" He points between himself and the gorrila. "I remember something about a pregnant gorillas or something when I was little here.. and gorilla mom's are like people. Oh good greif! Where the hell is the police?" He looks down to the front gate again to see if there are any signs of anything that resembles the authorities.
As Specturm gestures towards the sphere, the gorilla below him increases her roaring, sounding nearly maddened, she leaps upwards grabbing, but coming no-where near close enough.

Coming out of the bushes, folowing the trail left by the enraged mother, the other primates slowly fill into the parking-lot. The monkey's keeping clustered together, the other Gorilla striding along on all fours, one Orrangutang swinging out of the trees and landing on its hands to do a handstandall the while grinning like a madman and the final Oorang, shining as if its fur was composed of some type of glassy substance. Again Tyger/Specturm hears the words coming into his mind but seeming to be more intelligent and eloquent {Give back the star stone and the child Human.} "You just want your baby back. But he's not giving up that stone, and ..." realization hits Specturm like a ton of bricks and he just sits down on his solid wave of light. "I'm not going to hurt your baby lady... I'm talking to a gorilla, but what am I suppose to do?" He looks up at the sphere encased gorilla beside him. "I can't let you out - not with that thing. I could add her in there, but I can barely hold you. What am I suppose to do? I'm not geared for situations like this?

"Oh you shut... ggrr... What are you? Who are you? And Why?" Specturm shouts down and the crowd of primates. {It is ours..It came to us from the sky..It helped us} the mutliple voices say, seeming to grow in understanding as time passes. {Give us the Star Stone..And the Child. They are not yours to take.} While below, the other ape grabs the obviously distraught mother and holds her, slowly stroking her furry back, but looking up at Specturm with a look that would be chilling up close.

In an almost identical voice to his Specturm hears coming from the Oorangutang still standing upside down on its hands "Oh you shut... ggrr... What are you? Who are you? And Why?" while it grins with all of its wrinkled face. "Oh great, I'm witnessing the birth of Grodd." Specturm says in a whisper as he rolls his eyes. "I don't want the child, just the stone. You can have him back as soon as he lets it go, or someone else comes to take it from him. Or I could just destroy the stone and you can have him back now. The choice is yours." He says glaring at the Orangotang

{The stone is ours.} the voices say {Why must you take it?} the last is asked with curiousity and a bit of sadness. {It came to us and not to you. You take our freedom and now take this ..Tyger..Why?} {Why hate us?} the voices continue {We no take from you..Only want to take stone and leave..No longer want to be held in cages.} "Oh, yea.. this is going to get ugly." Spectrum shakes his head. "Come on big guy, we're going to have to play dirty." He flies stands and flies up, higher and higher until he is above the clouds."

From beneathe him as he rockets up he again hears the roar of the enraged mother, and feels a flitting contact with his mind, {Bring back child and stone} he hears, but the voice feels somewhat stronger, almost like a command, though he feels no compulsion to obey.

Above the clouds Specturm, extends his carrier waves and standing a good 50 feet away, he lowers the globe, and looks at the Gorilla. "Can you understand me?" He asks in a voice that he is struggling to keep calm. Within the globe, the huge gorilla sits. Calmly looking at the colored walls surrounding him, stroking them absentmindedly with one hand the other holding the meteoric rock. Hearing Spectrums voice, he looks up, and Spectrum realizes exactly how huge the ape is, even sitting down it is at least 6 foot tall, but its features are nowere near as mature as he first thought. This is obviously an immature Gorilla.

Looking around, the Gorilla notices for the first time the open sky around him, a look of almost childlike glee comes over his animalistic face. Looking down, the massive animals taps the glowing platform he sits upon and Specturm can feel the reverberations echo through him.

Looking up again, the gorilla begins to move his free hand, seeming to repeat the same motions over and over, a quizical look on his face. Spectrum sighs as he realizes the age of the animal. "Nothing's ever easy is it?" He draws back his hand, the smell of ozone efficent from the laser's power building, but then a thought and a flick of the wrist and a small puppy appears in front of the ape. The puppy sits in front of the ape and looks up, and Specturm concentrates on making the puppy solid. His eyes immediately drawn to the puppy illusion that Spectrum cast in front of him, the ape begins to smile hugely as he leans down and attempts to touch the image, though his hand passes through it. Looking confused, he again tries to touch the puppy this time making contact with the solidified image. Then his head cocked slightly to the side, he uses his free hand to again make motions at Spectrum, different from the last.

April 07, 2009 04:04PM
And introducing...From parts unknown..Played by Vrykolas2k....Darksilver

NAME: Unknown
HERO NAME: Darksilver
ORIGIN: Compound-Lupiniod/Modified Human(Skeletal)-Tech Procedure
EFFECTS:
IDENTITY: Public
LEGAL STATUS: Non-registered, no criminal record
ALIASES: Drake Barghest
PLACE OF BIRTH: Somewhere in the US
MARITAL STATUS: Unknown
KNOWN RELATIVES: ?
BASE OF OPERATIONS:
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: US Army or Marines, judging by his training
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION:

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 6'
WEIGHT: 200 lbs.
EYES: Pale green
HAIR: Dark red with "silver-tips"
SKIN: Pale
Average-athletic build, wolf-legs and paws. Hair worn in top-knot, & goatee,
features are feral but handsome. Wolf-like tail, pointed ears.
Claws on pinkies and thumbs are 2" long, others are 3" to 4" long. 1" toe-claws,
but he usually wears custom-made boots. Elongated upper and lower canines. Teeth and
claws are slightly tarnished, especially at the edges and tips. Generally wears fatigue pants,
t-shirts, and trench-coats, which somewhat hide his odd gait. On stage, he is usually given
the parts of "beasts", "devils", and so on.

STATS
FIGHTING: In-40
AGILITY: Ex-20
STRENGTH: Rm-30
ENDURANCE: Rm-30
REASON: Gd-10
INTUITION: Am-50
PSYCHE: Rm-30
APPEARANCE: Pr-4

HEALTH: 120
RESOURCES: Gd-10
POPULARITY: +6
(Gd-10 +1csPublic Id -2cs for Lupiniod and Compound)

TALENTS: 5/6
1-Occult Lore
2-Performer: Acting
3-Military
4-Survival: Woodland
5-Languages: American-english, Hunter In Darkness (Animal Language)

CONTACTS: 2/6
1-Silver Sable Inc. (Freelance Employee)

2-Hunter in Darkness

POWERS: 7/9
1-Animal Mimicry: Ex
Wolf Only
-Hyper Hearing/Olfactory (Total Mn-70)
-Natural Weaponry: Teeth & Claws: Ex (Mn-75 Material)
-Tracking: Ex

2-Armor Skin: Organic Silver Composite: Mn-75
-Only coating Bones, and Teeth and Claws
-Give +1cs to unarmed blunt damage and Claws/Teeth have Mn Material

3-*True Invulnerability: Rm
-Non Mystical/Mental Attacks are reduced -6cs

5-*Regeneration: Ex-20
-Heals 20x faster than normal for his Endurance

7-Energy Detection: Sensory Based: Gd-10
-Can see thermal energy gradients and Hear ultra high and low frequencies

WEAKNESS(ES)
Molecular Allergy (Carbonadium), Incapacitation, Continuous with Contact

PERSONALITY NOTES
Doesn't like to be in the middle of a crowd, and avoids them (they tend to set him off,
which isn't healthy); he's fine with being on stage, since like any good actor,
he erases the audience from his awareness and focuses on the situation on stage. But he
doesn't go amongst the crowd after a play, instead he stays off to the side and lets small
clusters speak with him, if they wish.
Grim and honourable, as a mercenary he will accomplish the mission objectives as specified...
he will capture if that is what is required, kill if that is required, and will attempt
to minimize civilian casualties wherever possible. He has a good awareness for when

command
is "stuck on stupid", and will ignore orders which endanger the team or mission unnecessarily.
So far, Silver Sable and her crew have shown they know what's what, which is why he works
with them, on occasion.
He is more a warrior than soldier, however, and views combat as a means of gaining glory,
rather than fighting for a specific cause. That said, he admires Captain America, who is
what he feels a modern hero should be. He doubts he will ever achieve that status... he is
far too pragmatic, with a different code of honour. Understands why The Punisher does what

he
does, and holds no judgement against him.

HISTORY
Darksilver's clearest memories are of pain and being in a place which was far too bright
at times, very dark at others. As he became more aware, he realized he wasn't alone; a great
wolf-like being was trapped in a cage near him, half-starved and waiting for death. He looked
in horror and rage at what had been done to him,his body changed, his fingers tipped in silver
claws. Over the next few weeks, he fought the programming which tried to insinuate itself into
his mind while he learned to communicate with his strange companion.
Over time, they managed to work together to escape, the Hunter releasing the carnonadium
bonds which held Darksilver, after he managed to pocket a card-key from one of the guards

who
brought them their food and release the Hunter. The guard came back to check, and the

Hunter
fed while Darksilver recovered from the debilitating effects of his bonds.
An hour later, and they were fighting for their lives through a small complex of AIM scientists,
who were evidently attempting to create programmed hybrids to fight off the supernatural
threats which might ruin their plans in Eastern Europe. Darksilver destroyed their data on how
to splice the genes of a Hunter in Darkness with that of a human, as well as some other
experiments, and the two fled into the wilderness.
The Hunter seemed to want to head North, and Darksilver accompanied him for a few days,

until
they realized they were being followed. Darksilver sent the Hunter on (he wasn't willing to
go entirely, but Darksilver had assumed the role of leader), and wated to face whoever was
coming.
It turned out to be Silver Sable and a squad of her mercs, who had heard rumours of monsters
travelling in the area, and decided to investigate. Neither side attacked; Silver Sable learned
his story, decided helping him would be profitable, and took him in, giving him his code-
name and alias. AIM had wiped his actual ID, but she suspects they may have it on file yet.
The idea gives Darksilver some hope of recaliming at least some of the life he's lost. After
a few months of working for Silver Sable, Inc. in Europe, she sent him to his homeland to be
an agent for her there, when she needs one.

OTHER NOTES
Will attack AIM scientists on sight, and any team-mates who don't want them killed will have to
restrain him. He will go to nearly any lengths to find out who is actually he is, and bring that
organization down.
He will go out of his way to protect women, children, and helpless animals (men can fend
for themselves), even if it might jeapordize a mission. He won't place team-mates in danger,
just himself.
Won't live in a city, but does go into them when necessary, and will stay for two or three
days at a time.

April 07, 2009 04:05PM
And played by Chronomancer..The Beast from the East..Kilat!

NAME: Nicholas MacLeod
HERO NAME:Kilat (lightning)
ORIGIN: Mutant, Induced -Technical Procedure (Training)
EFFECTS:
IDENTITY: Public
LEGAL STATUS:
ALIASES: Mogok Kilat (lightning strike)
PLACE OF BIRTH: Japan
MARITAL STATUSconfused smileyingle
KNOWN RELATIVES:
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Variable
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: None
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION: None

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT:183.24 cm
WEIGHT: 109 kg.
EYES:steel blue
HAIR:Jet Black with white stripe above right eye
SKIN: caucasian/asian half breed

STATS
FIGHTING: Am-50
AGILITY: In-40
STRENGTH: Ex-20
ENDURANCE: In-40
REASON: Ex-20
INTUITION: Ex-20
PSYCHE: Am-50
APPEARANCE: Rm-30 (Physique) / Ty-6 (Face)

HEALTH: 150
RESOURCES: Gd-10
POPULARITY: +10 Neighborhood

TALENTS: 5
1)Oriental Weapons: Mn Fighting oriental weapons, sais (treat as swords), and oriental swords

and daggers (including the katana and the kris)etc../Am agility Shuriken, crossbows,
2)Martial arts B- Mn Unarmed combat
3)Wrestling +3CS to hit in a Grappling attack, and a + 1CS for damage in unarmed combat
4)Acrobatics Am evading Mn vs dodging/escaping.
5)Detective/Espionage +1cs to discovering clues.
+ see powers
6)Weapons Specialist:Katana Am +2cs = Un
8)Weapons Specialist:Karambits Am +2cs = Un
10)Malay
11)Japanese
12)Martial arts A- stun/slam regardless of Str/End
13)Martial arts C Rm vs grappling/Escaping Am vs dodging
14)Martial arts D after 2 rounds ignore the effects of Body Armor (though not force fields) for

determining Stun and Slam results
15)Martial arts E + 1 to initiative rolls in unarmed combat.
16)Resist Domination Mn Psyche
17)Military +1cs to all military feats
18)Intimidation/interrogation

CONTACTS: 3
1-Guru
2-Law
3-Crime

POWERS: 8
1-Energy Sheathe: Psionic - Rm-30
-Enhanced Aura
--Am vs Psionic
--Rm vs All
--Ex vs Energy Control/Conversion
--Gd vs Plasma
--Acts as Rm rank purifying filter/enviromental defense

2-*Biophysical Control: Damage Transferral - Rm-30
-By channeling his Aura into others can heal them of upto Rm-30 damage/day
-This can also heal/purify them at Rm-30 of disease/toxins
-He takes the amount he heals others by as damage as it comes from his Aura/Lifeforce
-His own Aura/Lifeforce heals/Replenishes at enhanced speeds (End rank healing x power

rank)
-This applies both to loss from healing others and regular healing

4-Animal Mimicry - Rm-30
-By intense training has learned 3 styles of Kung Fu that have allowed him to simulate the

natural abilities of animals at power rank ability. Additional animal styles beyond the 3 must be

stunted or learned by taking time to go back to Sensei and be taught.
-Current "Styles": Monkey, Scorpion, Cheetah

5-Stealth - Rm-30
-Through a combination of the ancient arts of Zen-No-Mind and Nijitsu, is able to reduce the

ability of others to detect/track him by -6cs

6-*Linguistics: Language and Non Language Talents: Ex-20
-Through intensive training has learned how to aquire talents/skills at a vastly increased
rate and ease. Can learn talents by simply being exposed to them for 1 hour (Watching

physical talents on TV works) and making a Feat to memorize them. Though can potentially

learn any talent, is limited by intellect (and power rank) to a maximum # he can maintain at

any one time (Max of power rank #, additionals will overwrite already memorized)

8-Weakness Detection: Ex-20
-Can, by observing a character/npc (1-10 rounds required) detect tell tale signs that will give

him insight into the flaws in their body (Physical Weakness=Green Feat) and spirit

(Psychological=Yellow Feat)

WEAKNESS(ES)

HISTORY:
Nicholas was born in Japan to a Japanese mother and an American serviceman. His parents

were killed in a traffic accident when he was still a baby, and as such was raised in an

orphanage since the age of 14 months.

Life was not easy for a half-breed in Xenophobic Tokyo, and Nicholas learned to fight from a

very young age mostly due to having to defend himself. As he grew, so did his ability and

desire to defend himself and those much younger. At the age of 10, while witnessing the

hazing of a young child on the second floor of the orphanage, Nicholas stepped in to try to

save the boy, but by a freak accident the boy fell and broke his neck.

Knowing that he'd be blamed for the death of the boy, he ran away from the orphanage, and

began to fight to support himself, supplementing that with the occasional odd job and petty

theft.
About 2 years later he tried to pick the pocket from a seemingly blind old man outside an Adult

club in the red light district of Tokyo. He failed miserably, and was severely thrashed, and

handed over to the police. Several days later while still in prison awaiting trial for the death of

the boy in the orphanage, he was visited by the old man who informed him that the problem at

the orphanage was resolved, and that since Nicholas was now in his debt, he had to work it

off.

Over the next 7 years, Nicholas was instructed by the old man who, although blind, is a

cunning and terrifying individual. He regularly cheats at pool, and has a penchant for smoking

weed, as he says it helps with his Glaucoma, likes soap operas and peppermint ice cream. He

is also one of the deadliest men alive.

The two of them have traveled extensively all over the Pacific Rim, and as of 3 years ago

settled down in the New York Chinatown area, nears Hells Kitchen, to continue on with

Nicholas’ training and experience. As part of Nicholas’ current curriculum, he is currently active

in both the local fight scene and infiltrating and taking apart the Local criminal underworld.

NOTES
-Effects of Animal Styles
Monkey
-Climbing: Players Hanbook
-Extra Body Part: Prehensile tail: Must use sash/belt/rope: +1 action at Rm Fighting/Agility Ex

Str

Scorpion
-Circular Vision
-Natural Weaponry: Claws: Can do Rm edged damage with bare hands
-Armor Skin: Either +1cs to defense if Energy Sheathe active (In Total), Rm defense vs

physical/energy if not
-Spiderclimb
-Extra Body Part: Combat tail: Must use kau sin ke: +1 attack at Rm Blunt/Edged
-Venom: Either hand or kau sin ke: Simulate the effects of a poisonous attack by disrupting the

flow of chi by touch.

Cheetah
-Hyper Olfactory/Hearing Am(50) total effective Hearing Smell/+1cs damage-effects from

sonic-smell based
-Natural Weaponry: Claws: Can do Rm edged damage with bare hands/feet
-Hyper Running: Can run at upto 9 areas/round 60 mph
-Hyper Leaping: 40' up/across 60' down

April 07, 2009 06:35PM
Slight Revision on Kilat

-Enhanced Aura
--Am vs Psionic
--Rm vs All
--Ex vs Energy Control/Conversion
--Gd vs Plasma

Should read

-Enhanced Aura
--Am vs Psionic
--Rm vs All
--Gd vs Energy Control/Conversion
--Ex vs Plasma

April 09, 2009 11:54AM
Due to seconday exposure to meteoric energy in post, Kong has been further mutated. Post will be put up as soon as it is edited/posted in group.

Gorilla-Kong (Male-8ft at shoulder-740 lbs-3 years old)
Compound Animal / Mutant Induced (Both Energy Exposure)
F Ex-20
A Gd-10
S Am-50
E Am-50
R Pr-4 - Am-54
I Gd-10 - Am-60
P Ty-6 - Am-56
Health: 130
Talents(3)
1-*Martial Arts C/Wrestling
-Dodge: Ex
-Escape: Mn
-Grapple: ShX / Mn Damage
3-Languages: English & Sign
Contacts(2)
1-Super Apes
2-Jasmine Kincaid (Primate house keeper)
Powers(12)-1 +2 Det.@Gd
D-Hyper Olfactory: Gd-10
D-Tracking: Gd-10
1-Animal Mimicry: Rm-30
-Natural Gorilla Abilities
-Extra Body Parts: Prehensile Feet
-Natural Weaponry: Teeth
2-*True Invulnerability: In
-All non mental/magical attacks reduced -7cs
4-Digestive Adaptation: Rm-30
5-Energy Vampirism: Am-50
-Only Powers 6+ and Psyche
-Max increased rank is EV Rank
6-Hyper Intelligence: Reason Ty-6 - Am-50
7-Hyper Intelligence: Intuition Gd-10 - Am-50
8-Telepathy: Gd-10 - Am-50
9-Mind Probe: Ty-6 - Am-50
10-Mind Blast: Ty-6 - Am-50
11-Hypnotic Control: Ty-6 - Am-50

April 10, 2009 12:03PM
JP The Psychix

Where: Jayme Cera's Loft When: Brunch/Lunch, a day after they'd met up with their respective targets.

Jayme's loft had been cleaned by the weekly Maid Brigade visit, and her cats were getting excited about the fact that she was actually cooking up a simple, tasty lunch she'd learned from her nanny as a kid. The clerestory windows were open to admit fresh air and the scent of spring wafting into her home. She was expecting Viv to drop by any time now, and hoped her new friend wouldn't mind 'eating in'...

Some might consider her eccentric for talking to her cats--but given that the conversation was telepathic, they'd just think she was really 'into' her pets if they heard her speak aloud ot them from time to time....and then the doorbell rang....

Jayme's loft was in a fashionable part of Manhattan that's been 'gentrified'. It's a very good address, and in a neat old Art Deco sort of building.

Outside the door, Vivica looked around the hallway casually. The building was nice, she decided, and certainly offered a respectable amount of elegance to it. It did have a certain edge to it, that gave Vivica just another glimpse into the psyche of her new friend. She waited, with her large sunglasses obscuring her eyes and her 'we're women of class and distinction but just want to go out to lunch' outfit.

Jayme shooed the cats, though her three-legged kitten clung to her shoulder and refused to let go as the tall young woman trotted across the loft, [Coming....one tic!]

She undid the bolts on the door and cracked it open to admit Viv, and revealed an ecclectic interior with sort of Art Deco "Swing-goth" sensibility. Things she'd raided from her mother's collection over the years, and though many things were gently worn, they were antiques that had some sort of sentimental value to Jayme. The smell of Italian cuisine tantilized the nose from the kitchen, [C'mon in...I hope you don't mind eating in. I was in a culinary mood...]

[I imagined you'd have more animals in here. Or are you cutting back?] She smiled.

[Oh, I've got four cats of my own--this's Treo on my shoulder,] Jayme replied as she locked the door again and lead Viv deeper in side her loft, [I'm only fostering a couple of adult cats right now. Marc Ebony's the big black boy kitty, Julius Sneezer's the Abyssinian and Meowpatra's the Egyptian Mao. The two Siamese are waiting for proper names to be inspired by their personalities.]

[If I were a cat person,] she began as she walked further in, [I think it'd be Siamese that I chose. There's something about their eyes.]

[Indeed.] Jayme chuckled aloud, and guided Viv to the eat-in island in her kitchen. She served had everything ready to serve up, and in spite of some delicious chicken florentine simmering away, the cats didn't offer to touch it--obviously being well trained, and testament to Jayme's ability to understand and communicate with her companions. She set Treo on a sunny carpeted 'shelf' of a nearby cat tree and then washed her hands in preparation to serve lunch. [Chicken Florentine with farfalla and a modest garlic cream sauce--this was one of my favourites growing up in the Altamonte region with an Italian house keeper and a French nanny.]

Then she served up on stylish square plates, black with a clear red 'inside' acompanied vintage flatware and iced tea that was set out. In a few minutes Jayme came around the island and perched on a tall stool along with Viv, [Here's t'new chums...I think I've made two new ones in addition t'you...]

Vivica laughs. [I can boil water and that's about it. No...wait...I'm a wiz with a microwave oven as well.] She began cutting into her food. [To new chums.] A bite as the woman spoke. [Oh, delicious! I think you missed your calling darling.] She smiled. [So I take it everything went well on your end?]

[Oh, I couldn't stand t'do this for pay. It's something I do for myself, and occasionally family and friends. I don't know how t'cook for more than two--me and Mum, usually.] Jayme jested, though with a shy smile at Viv's praise. [And it went pretty good. I've got Josh and Velocity set up with free Hotmail accounts, so that we can email from the cybercafes or libraries....and being that Josh's an artist, we can couch things as a discussion of comic book scrips or popular sci-fi. And I've managed t'fanagle the Reptile House at the Central Park Zoo for a few hours in the evening later this week--so we can all meet there. It's dark and discrete, and they know I'm expecting some grad students who're going t'observe some of the small reptiles....]

[Reptile house, eh?] It's clear she'd have rathered they did it elsewhere, but she understands the logic. [Do you think those two will mesh well together?]

[I'm pretty sure they will. Velocity wants a chance t'gain a new identity and make a new life for himself. Josh...is intrigued, and has agreed t'meet with us.] Jayme replied.

[That should be interesting then. Spectrum and Force are in as well.] She was halfway finished with the meal and was showing signs of slowing down. [Had a bit of an...adventure meeting with Spectrum, but it wasn't anything the pair of us couldn't handle. I think the biggest issue with those two are the tempers and propensities for violence. Both of them are a bit heavy handed. And for good reason.] A shrug.

[True. That'll be something t'manage, and being empathic, it's going t'be a righteous pain for me...] Jayme lamented as she savoured her meal.

[Both of them are filled with it. They've been through a lot, and at least with Force, you've got teenaged angst to deal with too. God I love puberty.] She smirks. [No worries, though. I keep Excedrin in my purse at all times. You'll cope. We'll manage.]

[Excellent, and I hope you can help me with relearning t'do some things with this jacked up telepathy, too.] Jayme replied, [You haven't seen dysfunctional family until you've seen the Destines all in one place at the sametime...I'm sure I can learn t'deal with the angst and what not...]

[I can do that too] She nods.. [I actually had an idea I think you'd like to try out at some point. It came to me during a bank robbery of all places and times.] She set her fork down. [But I suppose that's the beauty of the mind.]

[I could try...] Jayme agreed, passing more iced tea to Viv, [It's like in the past year or so that my empathy's gotten stronger than my telepathy--since I can only get images and emotions from people, I can't *do* have the things Mum and Aunt Gracie taught me--and both of 'em are at least as strong as you...which is stronger than I am...or was. Liz was a bit stronger telepath than I was before the accident.]

[Well, you'd be relying on your animal telepathy as much as your base. Probably moreso. But first we have to get you to the point where you can do.]

[True. You must be able t'imagine how bloody frustrating it is t'be able t'mindspeak t'you and Mum or Aunt Gracie, and I've had t'really work at being able t'pick either of their brains and regain any kind of deeper telepathic scanning--it's barely half of what it used t'be.] Jayme confided, some of her quiet dignity and composure slipping as anger and frustration seeped out of her more private mind, in part becuase she'd tried to save that ninny from the horse she'd abused--only to get herself injured in the process--leaving her with brain damage that even her own advanced constitution and healing factor couldn't repair, resulting in her jacked up telepathy, the fact that she required glasses--and found bright light and loud noise rather nerve-wracking in the wake of it---just maybe it explained a little of her trepedation about this whole fancy dress thing?

There were flashes of something else--of an ancient fossil of an uncle who was a powerful psi-talent and healer, and even of other family members...a lovable old curmudgeon of a female "George Burns" that was her Aunt Gracie, and of course--her mother, but looking radically different--as a statuesque blonde with pinup curves, rather than the svelte Spaniard she currently appeared to be...and her grandmother...memories of an inhumanly beautiful woman with solid black eyes, inky curls and pale jade green skin flittered past briefly....along with her "faerie godsmother" that she'd played with as a child.

Jayme *liked* the real world, just as much as she liked her seemingly fairytale life....

[I'm broken, Viv...and I can't be 'fixed'...so I've got t'figure out how t'turn this around and make it so that being broken works in my favour....] she insisted, resting her head on her hands, glasses on the table. [I can't spend the rest of my life...'stuck'....]

[You can only send images, correct?] Her voice became much more soothing and patient. She'd slipped into councilor mode. [If that's the case then you have an advantage right then and there.]

[I don't know,] Jayme replied with a sigh. [Mum's not much help and Aunt Gracie's out in the middle of gods know where, in a jungle, and working on one of her digs.]

[You're practically primed to create Hallucinations, darling. I'd say that's a prett decent advantage.]

[Huh....] Jayme replied, sipping tea, [Probably going t'take some practice t'get the hang of it....I've already managed t'knock a couple of hooligans on their arses the other night.]

Vivica raises a perfectly arched eyebrow. [Really now? It wasn't in this part of town, was it? I could've sworn that's why we pay these outrageous prices to live here.]

[Down the bock a bit from that nice little market I frequent,] Jayme replied with a sheepish grin. [Some git in a bad mascot suit, and a couple of his spandex chums tried t'knock off a bank....I was having a chai latte in the cafe when I picked up on it--along with a couple of others...wasn't sure if hitting somebody with an emotional overload would do anything, but managed t'knock two of 'em on their arses...]

Vivica grinned. [Gold star to you for trying. You know, I never actually got the hang of the 'mind blast' per say. It always seemed like a lot of work.]

[I just think about how I felt when I was trying t'save that ninnie from her poor abused horse...I was so bloody mad on, scared out of my wits and so much all at once, I just hurled all of it at 'em.....] Jayme replied with a shrug, [I can't telepathically 'yell' or do a "kiai" any more that the empathic sort seems t'be more effective. And even though I can't quite make some of the things I knew how t'do work the same way any more, I could let you see my memories....might be able t'give you some idears, at least...]

Her mindvoice trailed off for a tic. She wasn't sure how to impart the rest of what she'd learned to Viv, but it had to be said, she figured... [I've also learned thing or three about a couple of your old chums....]

[If you open your mind, I can see for myself.] She nods, taking a sip of her own tea.

Jayme pulled her shielding back to her Private Mind and pushed forward the memories of the faint cries for help she'd first sensed from the shadows at the gala a few nights ago--and the strange dichotomy she'd sensed within the same person the night before....to how the creepy git with the tatts had reacted--moods swinging rapidly in response to his obvious affection for his perky-goth girlfriend.... It was confusing, to say the least....

(OOC: I'll let you fill in the blanks....just giving a synopsis)

Vivica frowned and gripped and set her cup down with more force than she'd meant. Tatt and Gothika, both of them she'd rather lobotomize for the greater good. And, honestly speaking, for her own safety. Still she watched the memories play and when they were over she shut her eyes and brought the tea back to her lips. [So I take it you want me to feel sorry for him?]

[Feel sorry for him? @#$%& no!] Jayme replied with a surge of anger, borrowing some of her mum's American chum's slang, [But I figured you ought t'know there's something bloody odd going on with that sod--and if there is a soddin' boogey man in the cellar, that you and I could do something about, t'stop him from doing what he did t'that one git....don't y'think we've got t'do something t'put it t'rest?]

[That I would agree with. I know the Hand got to him at some point, but I'm not too familar with them other than the fact that they're a shadow organization that likes to experiment. But then those are a dime a dozen nowadays aren't they?] She thinks. [Do you think it's actual possession or some type of mind control?]

[I'm going on this as an empath, and I'm going t'say it seems more like there's a second set of thoughts and emotions in there.] Jayme admitted, pushing dark hair out of her eyes, [There's this guy...."Gene" she called him...who's in love with her, and will do whatever it takes t'protect her. And then there's this strange, darkness within him...it revels in causing mayhem and harm....but Gothika was able t'stop him from killing that one git...]

[Oh, well then she's finally found a use other than single-handedly supporting the black fabric and leather industries.] An eye roll. [Seems like we do have a bit of a mystery on our hands.]

[D'uh...] Jayme deadpanned, though there was a touch of humour in her blue-violet eyes as she winked at Viv over the top of her glasses, [And I didn't get the feeling that she was...*that*...malevolent...though I found it odd that she'd ask me if I was a "mutant"...]

[She's a mutant supremacist.] She shrugged. [And most super-powered individuals are mutants. It was a valid question, for her. And she may not be a raving lunatic like Sabretooth or a sociopath like Tatt or Gene or whoever the hell he is, but she is still willing to win by any means necessary. I suppose that gives her a bit of charm.]

[Ah. That might explain something, then.] Jayme observed as she regarded Viv for a long moment, [And what about you? How do you feel about metahumans that aren't mutants?]

She smiled coyly. [I think the better question is how do I feel about metahumans that aren't telepaths. Either way you are my friend and I don't throw that term around like it's nothing.]

Jayme couldn't help but chuckle, [A'right, that makes me feel better, even if I am more empath than telepath these days--and I don't toss that friendship one around lightly myself...but given that I've never been a good liar, I told her "no", but she didn't seem t'have a problem with it. So, no, I am not a mutant...]

She gave Viv one of those "I'm trusting you with this...." looks and took a deep breath, [...my half-sister, Liz, is also a telepath, and an ESPer, as well as a STRIKE agent. My mum, Aunt Gracie, Uncle Albert and a few other relatives on Mum's side, going back t'my grandmum and probably further back, are all psychics, if not magically inclined. My half-brother, Brian, is Captain Britain...and our dad? He wasn't human, either...]

[...so, if you wonder how I manage t'take all this in stride, wierd happenings, faerie godsmothers that *are* just that, and all the "faerie tale" things are...normal...t'me.] Jayme added as she leaned back and toyed with the straw in her glass, [I grew up being psychic...in a family of folks who aren't wholely human.]

[I have an aunt and uncle, biologically speaking, that are less than half my age, Viv. I know it might seem a bit fantastical t'you, but t'me? It's family. It's what I know. We hide in plain sight, and blend in...] she explained, hoping for understanding, [I'm no superhero...I'm just a 'normal' person, who's trying t'do what she can, where she can...]

Vivica took a moment to digest the information. It was a lot to take in, for sure. [That explains a lot, actually. And considering my own psionic talents, it was beginning to bother me that I couldn't just hop in and fix you and your telepathy. Your brain is wired differently.] She looks at Jayme and sips her tea some more. [You know, I'm the only mutant in my family. Well, it's possible Uncle Rotimi is one as well, but he's the one family's like mine don't like to talk about. I actually haven't seen him in over a decade. I imagine he moved back to Nigeria.] She shrugged a bit. [I think it's good you at least have a family support system. A lot of us first generation mutants don't have that. A lot of us don't live long enough to build that either.]

[That's why groups like the Brotherhood end up existing. If you treat people like animals long enough, eventually they'll act like them. Of course, there are others like the X-Men who take a different approach to the same situation. I can't say either group is wrong or right ideologically speaking. It's the means to which they get their ends that end up mattering.]

[Aye. They seek out others of 'like' ability or mentality t'survive.] Jayme agreed with a nod, [Even Uncle Albert, who's a great healer, and has had 7-800 years t'learn, can't "fix" me. Being half-Otherworlder, a quarter-Djinn and a quarter-human really makes me 'wierd'...It's kinda like being half-Betazoid, part Vulcan and part human...and it's why Uncle Newton came back from Ee'rath t'keep an eye on me as the 'family doctor' while I was in the ICU in France.]

[I was kinda surprised my "faerie godsmother", who was a patron of my dad's--never knew him, except through Liz's memories--and Brian's, didn't visit me, but I can't 'feel' the Otherworld like I used t'be able t'do.] she half-joked, refilling their tea glasses, [Ah well, there's times the Otherworld's further from Earth, and the Veil can't be penetrated, from what Aunt Gracie and Mum taught me about the mystical lore of the Isles...it's all good, though. I've got time t'wait...even if it takes a couple of centuries...]

[Well I fully intend on being around to terrorize the masses in a few centuries as well.] She chuckles. [Unfortunately, it won't be in this body, I imagine, but who knows what we'll be able to accomplish in the future.]

Jayme nodded, [Barring anything untoward, I'll age extremely slowly...but I know Mum body-jumps, and I know 'how' she does it, too...it's just that 'how' part that kinda bugs me, y'know?]

[I can understand the moral issue. But I can understand the desire to continue too. It's a biological imperitive to survive. So we do.]

[That's true. I guess I've got my dad and Aunt Gracie's morals, and as much as I love Mum, I guess I'm going t'have t'accept that she hand I won't see eye t'eye on some things, y'know?] Jayme admitted, chewing on the straw. [I guess that's why I'm willing t'take a chance on this little project of Wyrd's--I want t'see what other ways there are t'make a difference...even if it's stopping something like that creepy tattooed git...or trying t'see if there's a chance t'get a clue through Gothika's head...]

[If Wyrd is to be believed, something big is coming and I want to be there to meet it head on and prepared as opposed to being surprised. I've decided I don't much care for surprises.]

[I don't much like surprises, either.] Jayme agreed, [And if I'm going t'find out what happened t'my half-siblings, I'm going t'have t'be alot better prepared than I am now...and I probably won't be able t'do it alone....]

She pushed the refilled glass back to Viv and raised her own, [Here's t'the future, and t'friends....]

Vivica raised her own and smiled. [To the future and friends.]

April 10, 2009 12:06PM
Evolution of the Super Apes (Part 2) Specturm

Looking up again from the platform beneath him, the gorilla begins to move his free hand, seeming to repeat the same motions over and over, a quizzical look on his face. Spectrum sighs as he realizes the age of the animal. "Nothing's ever easy is it?" He draws back his hand, the smell of ozone evident from the laser's power building, but then a thought and a flick of the wrist and a small puppy appears in front of the ape. The puppy sits in front of the ape and looks up, and Spectrum concentrates on making the puppy solid. The gorilla's eyes immediately drawn to the puppy illusion that Spectrum cast in front of him, the ape begins to smile hugely as he leans down and attempts to touch the image, though his hand passes through it. Looking confused, he again tries to touch the puppy this time making contact with the solidified image. Then his head cocked slightly to the side, he uses his free hand to again make motions at Spectrum, different from the last.

Tyger, or Spectrum as he has decided to call himself, grumbled as he looked at the situation. He was in over his head and he knew it. He could feel his irritation growing. He needed to get that rock. "And what is that damn monkey signing?!" He thought to himself as he tried to figure out the hand motions.

After signing again towards Tyger, the large ape leans down and with its free hand begins gently stroking the solidified illusion of the puppy.

Spectrum couldn't figure out the signs and this was taking to long. His great evening had turned to ruin and no matter what he did from here on in he knew he'd make enemies with someone. Overwhelmed he could feel his anger growing, but the fact that the gorilla was an innocent caught in circumstances beyond its control, and possibly understanding kept his anger unfocused and kept him from attacking. He needed to do something. He glanced at the big hand that had the meteorite in it ... The Star Stone. That was the cause of all this. The space rock had given the apes more then just intelligence, but powers too. With the stone the apes could mass a simian army and take over. He suddenly had visions of "Planet of the Apes," and if they didn't take over, men would hunt them down for it to use it as a weapon. No good could come of this Star Stone, and Spectrum now had a focus for his anger. The Star Stone was danger, and he had to get the dangerous object away from the innocent. This he could understand; this his training taught him how to handle.

Still petting the image of the puppy, the great ape made soft burbling noises in its massive chest. "Fr'n's" it almost sounded like its deep bass voice was trying to speak, but of course Tyger knew that wasn't possible.

Spectrum gestured, the movement was pointless, the need for gestures had been beaten out of him when using his blasts, but this was old habit he used with his illusions that he kept just because. The puppy disappeared, and around the gorilla appeared a globe of softly, moving, flashing, and soothing lights.

"Sleep big fellow, just sleep."

Looking up as the puppy disappears, the great apes attention is caught by the swirling lights, and within moments he slumps foreword and lays his massive head on his arms and begins peacefully slumbering.

Seeing the gorilla doze off, Spectrum took a deep breath to steady himself, focused his attention on the stone surrounded by the massive hand, and unleashed beams out of his eyes which he commanded to surround the stone in a thin layer and solidify. Encasing the stone with out waking the ape, Spectrum waves his right hand in front of his own eyes, transferring the tether beam connecting the Star Stone to it. He takes another deep breath, and slowly commands the Star Stone to come to him. Slowly the sphere slips out of the hand/paw of the massive beast, though from the grip that it maintained even in sleep Tyger could tell that this was one monkey he never wanted to try to get a banana away from.

Spectrum swung his arm out, quickly moving the Star Stone away from the platform that he and the gorilla stood on. He then gestured with his free left hand, allowing the platform to fade away and surrounding the Gorilla once again in its own sphere. Tyger allows gravity to hold sway over the sphere it begins to fall.

The sphere carrying Mighty Joe Jr falls through the clouds, as Spectrum tosses the Star Stone up, commanding it's encasement to disappear. The stone climbs as Spectrum concentrates, once it reaches its apogee; he unleashes twin lasers from his eyes, increasing the power with his control over light.

Suddenly there is an explosive expulsion of light and emerald radiation as the lasers strike the meteorite. The explosive energies are given off by the interface of Spectrum’s energies and the meteor's. A bird is caught in the energy given off, with a surprised "Squawk!" it is engulfed by the mutating rays from the Star Stone and in the sky a new life is born.

In a secondary explosion of light and flame, the hawk that was caught in the mutating energies enlarges and turns a golden red, flames crackling off of it, its speed increases by a phenomenal degree leaving a trail of flame as it speeds off.

Spectrum curses, winces as a portion of the radiation penetrates his sheath, and sighs. He wasn't really surprised he couldn't destroy the rock, but he had hoped. The bird, he wasn't even going to pretend to deal with now. He had other priorities, and was glad it decided to keep on going. He gestured and once again surrounds the meteor in a solid, tethered sphere. He noted it seemed untouched by his attack, but its pulsing glow was brighter then previously.

"Yea you're going to be a pain in my @$$. Come on; let’s go say your baby." He turns and enters a power dive, easily spotting the Gorilla in its globe; he reaches out with his powers and attempts to slow down the sphere.

Diving after the falling sphere, which he notices is riddled with cracks now; Spectrum easily slows its descent to a halt.

"F@*&!" He says feeling the strain of stopping the obviously heavier primate. *sigh* "If I had any sense I'd put you out of both of our misery now, but then I'd be no more then the animal they trained me to be." With another heavy sigh, he heads back to the zoo and the gorilla's family, expecting the worst yet to come.

As the sphere opens, and the mother ape tearfully rushes to what is now obviously her baby, it is noted that the aforementioned baby is now nearly 50% bigger than he was previously. Shaking himself as he awoken by the commotion, he rises to all fours and would seem to measure 15ft at least at the shoulder. Meanwhile, a tiny canary lands on Spectrum’s energy platform, the amazingly turn into the grinning orangutan, then into a grinning version of Spectrum himself who then wraps his arms around his energy sheath and attempts to give him a big kiss, with lips 4 sizes larger than normal.

Spectrum jumps and draws back to swing, but catches himself and simply shakes his head. With his free hand, he firmly, but gently pushes the shapeshifting simian arms length away. "I apologize for my actions earlier and for scaring you all. The Star Stone that came to you is dangerous and I can not return it to you. I do not want to fight you. I can and will help you all to get out of here. You are all in great danger here. Other men are coming and they with your new changes they will try to do more then simply put you in cages. If you truly wish to be free I will help you, but I can not give you the Star Stone." He announces to the gathered group.

{The Star Stone is not dangerous to us. To you it would be though.} The multiple voice from before speaks again into his mind, this time sounding even more intelligent and reasonable than before. {We do not wish to fight you, but we will if it is required. You must return it to us, we will leave on our own but the Stone came to us and is ours.} All the while the obvious mother-ape is hugging her "baby" making cooing noises while the other gorilla simply seems to rest on all fours and looks at Spectrum, whatever is going through his mind a mystery. The orangutan with the glass-like fur is sitting calmly on the ground while the other seems instant one standing next to Spectrum, drooping one arm over him in a good imitation of a buddy pose. All the while the group of chimps just quietly stares at him, their eyes showing more intelligence than any animal should have.

Spectrum nods solemnly, and without warning launches himself up, contracting his carrier wave to support just himself and preparing to dodge, evade, resist, and otherwise avoid anything that may try to hinder his get away. The orangutan falls screeching and literally lands as a puddle before reforming himself. As Tyger flies off the chimps think at him.

Spectrum is rockets upwards when he feels the psychic influences coming from below. He is even more determined not to surrender the Star Stone. Bringing the energies that are his to command to bear, he adds electro-magnetic static to his energy sheath in an attempt to block out the attack on his mind. He feels the 1st attack fade but a 2nd one soon follows, this one stronger then the last. Spectrum continues to focus his power to protect his mind and his will into the single task and escapes. Flying in a random direction just in an attempt to get way, Spectrum zooms eastward at his top speed for about 30 minutes. Traveling approximately 150 miles, he passes the Delaware coastline before he stops to catch his breath and get his bearings.

Spectrum stands on a platform of light considering his options. He contemplates dropping the Star Stone into the ocean, but after seeing its effect on animals first hand he knows that's a bad idea. He screams out to the heavens in frustration then plops down on his platform and simply stares at the object that he has assumed responsibility for. He knows he can't go home, and he needs help. Wondering how the day could have gone so bad, when he realizes where to go for help ... "Vi!"

Goal in mind, he turns back towards land and using his ability to detect energy he finds a cell phone tower with in range, and makes a call with his ability to manipulate radio waves.

"Come on little sister, pick up."

April 10, 2009 12:36PM
Date 3-14-94 time 3:30pm Location Egg - Shens' Palace of Heavenly Teachings Dojo
- Room 4 -red belts and above class

From the table at the far end of the class, Kilat heard the voice that he hated at times
"Left foot too far forward. Balance like a pig on dance floor!" and knew that once again,
blind or not Egg-Shen, seemed to know everything.

Kilat walks around the room looking at his students, correcting the offending
stances "Remember students, this is a positional art, superior position and
stance beats superior technique when all things are equal." he pauses and
returns to the front of the class "Again 6 through10. Slowly, and firmly, get
those movements into your muscle memory, speed will come in time." He pauses and
looks at the third student back. "No. sally, Left fort then right, we're doing
the strong side first, then the weak"

"Better," came the voice from the back again. Pausing to take a drag from his
seemingly omnipresent and ever full hookah, he continued "You might eventually
be worth the rear of a donkey as a teacher Nicholas."

He smiles, by now used to the acerbic 'wit' of the old man. "Your praise is far
too gracious for one so lowly as a worm like me Guru." a part of him loves this
old man, and another part of him hate's the bastard. Lately though, the love had
begun to outweigh the hate, a far cry from several years ago when they first
met. "No Mark,-" he walks over to the offending student "_the angle of the arm
is here, and your hips should be placed like so..." he demonstrates."Class pay
attention! Now attack! See how the arm stops the attack? If it were like you had
it Mark...," he changes his angle "Attack again! The attack blows through the
defense and strikes the between the 3rd and 4th intercostals. If there were a
knife in your opponent's hand, it would have punctured your lung and heart.
You'd be dead."

From the cloud of purplish smoke surrounding him, Egg - Shen rose to his full
5'4" height, his cane in his hand. "I doubt it, but it could happen." he
continues, not bothering to conceal the scorn he seems obliged to heap upon all
his male students. Walking around the low set table, he begins to hobble
forward, his cane sweeping the ground in front of him slightly at all times. "I
am going to my room; I may need assistance getting my old bones upstairs."
Pausing a moment, his cane stabs out, striking a male student across the shins.
"You have the balance of a goldfish in the desert. Correct yourself." shaking
his head, he say's "Makes me glad I lost my sight, so I do not have to see the
lows my art has fallen to." Continuing forward, he offers his arm to Ariko, one
of the female instructors, "Would you help an old man my dear?" he says, a
gentle quaver in his voice made lie to by the lecherous smirk on his face.

"Yes Guru." the 20 year old Japanese American girl says, a slight smile and
blush crossing her face and taking the proffered arm.

"How long would you wish us to keep working tonight O Master of heaven and
earth? Unlike you oh heavenly pillar of manhood, I am surrounded by lesser
beings who's abilities are nearly as limited as my own." He flashes a smile to
Sally, and to the rest of the class. Despite Guru's comments, the class was
going along pretty well, they had been training for 2 hours and he could see
that mark was tired, hence the mistakes. Mark was a good student, and so was
Sally. When they started to tire, it was close to quitting time not everyone had
his stamina...

"If you would just continue till you all get the form nearly right it should
only take a month or two. With potty breaks of course." the old man replied over
his shoulder as he and Ariko begin making their way up the stairs that led to
the living quarters of Egg Shen and most of his instructors, then he continued
"And at least finally I am receiving a modicum of the respect that is owed to my
old and feeble self."

"We shall endeavor to do so oh God among men." He was able to keep the smile out
of his voice, but only barely. "We lowly slugs have only begun to see your
radiance in that up until now we have been blinded and our sight has just begun
to adapt to your glory." He put a finger over his mouth in the universal sign of
silence to the class. If they could keep it quiet for just a little bit more,
Guru would be too distracted with Ariko to care anymore, and he's dismiss the
class himself. Then maybe he and Sally could go out for dinner... Maybe...

The class stood in absolute silence, knowing that if one laugh slipped through
the guru would return and take over the class himself. Working them long past
human endurance reached its maximum, though he would match them move for move
and stance for stance, even at his age. "Good" replied the ancient teacher, "And
don't forget to have her home by 7 this time." he finished as Ariko led him
through the doorway at the top of the stairs.

Kilat waited for the sound of the door closing, and then turned slowly to face
the class. A big smile broke out over his face "Well done, all of you. A very
good class." he could see the smiles and grins break out. It was hard for
westerners to handle traditional training, but Guru was the best in the world.
To be even be accepted as a student of his was an honour that most other masters
would kill for. To ascend to the intermediate class, well that was even more
impressive. "Mark, Sally you two especially have grown the most, I think that
you might actually be ready for grading next month if you stay as focused as
you've been." To get to the advanced class, was something all together
different. Mark would make it, so would Sally. There were maybe 2 more out of
the 20 present that Might make it; it was too early to tell. But the 20 here in
this class had been whittled away from over 1000 students. Lucky in deed.

"O.K. Class hit the showers and we'll see you tomorrow at the same time.
Remember we've got that seminar being held in Jersey at the Aiki club next week,
and those of you who are still minors will need to get your permission slips
signed by your parents, and everyone should have your medical waivers signed by
your doctors, and next of kin by Tuesday the 19th at the latest." Kilat watched
the students head off as he bent over to stretch, before walking to the corner
and picking up the bucket and mop to wash the floor clean of the sweat that had
accumulated. The next class wasn't for half an hour, and he could mop the floor
in about 5 minutes. That would give most of the class time to shower and the
floor 25 minutes to dry before the next instructor took the Basic 1 Class.

After finishing his "chores" and cleaning himself of the accumulated sweat of
the day, Nicholas walked out into the dojo to see students for the next class
beginning to gather. Obviously few of these would make it very far as their
seemed to be an inordinate amount of high school jocks signing up recently,
obviously here for the physical training, not the true teachings that were the
ultimate goals of a true martial artist. Deciding he was hungry, and not seeing
Sally about, he decides that maybe going out to eat by himself will be a good
idea tonight as Guru Shen rarely fussed about his male students being out late,
as long as they were able to do their classes and chores the next day.

There was that rumour he has heard about up in Little Italy, about a couple off
young Mafioso wanna be's shaking down people around Lombardi's up on spring
street. He was feeling like Italian, and Lombardi's was one of his favourite
places to eat. Sally's too. He snorted at the "Jocks" as he walked over to get
the door and slipped on his 14 hole Green Doc Martins. They were among the most
comfortable boot's he'd ever worn. He picked up his walking stick, and double
checked for his matched set of Kerambits tht were in a hidden spot on his thick
Black leather belt, then headed out into the brisk wind coming in off the
Atlantic and headed north.

As he walked to Lombardi's, Kilat had to cross through many neighborhoods, and
as he was about to enter the semi-obvious environs of little Italy, he noticed
a sound, just on the edge of his hearing. It almost sounded like a violin, and
was perhaps one of the most beautiful sounds he had ever heard.
Kilat paused, and upon impulse, and following his Gut instinct, (something
guru said he needed to pay more attention to), decided to change direction and
travel toward the Violin. There was a part of him, that desperately needed to
know who it was that was capable of such mastery, such beauty. The thought of
food left his mind as he followed that beautiful sound lead by his curiosity.

Walking several streets over, Kilat entered one of the lesser financial
districts. As he came around the corner, he discovered, much to his surprise, a
white haired, though young appearing man, wearing a tuxedo and standing outside
of Machivi's diamonds, playing a violin and producing a haunting melody like he
had never heard, The mans eyes were closed and a slight smile was on his face,
as if he were enraptured by his own music.

He wasn't entirely sure what he was expecting, maybe a gorgeous young lady, or
an ancient looking old man like Guru, but definitely not the mixture of a young
man with shocking white hair. Not that he had any prejudices against young
people with white hair mind you; his own developed a streak several years ago.
But the picture was so shocking; it looked almost like one of those seminal
works of art that defined an artist. Like Warhol's pics of Marylyn Monroe, or Da
Vinci's Mona Lisa. He paused there, taking in the music, and began to look
around at the crowd.

Seeing only a few people around, and they all seemed to have glazed looks upon
their faces, Kilat continued to listen and observe when suddenly the street
burst open releasing the inhuman artificial life form known as Dragon-Man!
Roaring to the afternoon sky, the great beast climbed out of the hole it had
made coming out of the sewers, and proceeded to move towards the front of the
store. All the while the violinist never ceased his playing.

Grabbing some rubble resembling the shape of a shuriken, Kilat threw it at the
violinist while drawing on his Inner chi to tap into the power of the Cheetah,
one of the many styles he'd mastered these past few years.

As the concrete flies through the air, the violinist seems to not even notice,
until it strikes him, And then, a grimace forming on his face, but his eyes
never opening, his tune changes, becoming while still beautiful, more aggressive
and much faster. Seemingly in tune with the music, Dragon-Man suddenly changes
his path from heading towards the diamond store to a bee-line for Kilat, its
monstrous face in a scowl and its mighty fists clenching as if to pound him.
While this is happening, Kilat feels the power and presence that he associates
with the cheetah come over him, and he easily slips into the stance, fingers
hooked as if claws and moving lightly from foot to foot.

Timing Dragon man's distance and speed, at the last minute when it's impossible
to change his course, Kilat bolts for the Violinist, specifically for the violin
itself.

Moving aside at the last moment, Kilat takes to the air jumping towards the
white haired violinist as the massive fists of Dragon-Man impact with the spot
he had been standing at moments before creating a crater almost 4 feet across.
Leaping through the air like the great cat whose style Kilat is using, he lands
gracefully and strikes out with one extended hand and shatters the violin in the
grasp of the player into multiple pieces. Almost as soon as he does, the white
haired young mans eyes snap open and looks with horror at the multiple pieces of
wood and metallic strings now laying scattered about him, then yells, as if in
pain "Do you know what you just did?!! That was a Rudoulf Doetsch!!" and begins
striking him in the chest rather ineffectually, all the while tears bubbling up
and then streaming down his face. "You brute! You monster! You Neanderthal!"
The young man continues, while behind him Kilat hears a tremendous "THUMP!"

"Well, then maybe you should have kept him some where safe instead of bringing
him out here where he could have gotten broken." Kilat, tells the raving man
with the white hair as he turns around to look for the greater threat behind him

Looking behind himself, Kilat see's the massive grey skinned beast sitting ion
the sidewalk looking somewhat confused as people obviously coming out of
whatever trance they were in run away from it at their highest possible speed,
all except one little girl with platinum blond hair done up in twin pony tails,
who walks up to the great beast and pats it gently on the foot saying "Its ok
Mwister Dwagon. It's all Okey Dokey Now."

Kilat smiles, at the scene, and reaches behind him, grabbing the still sobbing
violinist by the coat before walking over to the little girl and Dragon man
"Hello, I'm Nicholas. What's your name?"

Looking up at him, the precocious child says, with a slight lisp, "I am Suzie.
And you are Kiwat, or do you pwefer Nichowas?" and he notices her eyes are an
intense blue and the intellect behind those eyes is much greater than you would
expect from a child.

Somewhat shocked by the intenseness of the eyes, and this precocious young
girl knowing his true name, Kilat steps back a couple of feet before recovering.
he thought to
himself "I'm Kilat," he responds to the little girl in the catholic
uniform "And this feels remarkably like a set up of some sort. was this whole-"
he spreads his free arm around to encompass the neighbour hood "-thing a set up
or a test of some kind?"

"No." Suzie answers in the seriousness that only a child can pull off, "I knew
you would be Hewe because Mr. Wyrd told me. But He didn't tell me about them"
she says gesturing towards the sobbing violinist and the great beast who is
currently just sitting there. "If he knew he would have sent Monster with me. I
was just sent to wecwuite you." She says the last with a smile that lights up
her face, then continues. "And he wont be a pwobwem," motioning to Dragon Man,
"But you might want to turn him over to the powice." she finishes gesturing at
the violinist.

"Mr. Wyrd? Who's he? And recruit me for what?" He looks around at the crowd,
looking for the obligatory N.Y.P.D. officer, so he can hand the violinist over
to them while thinking over the little one's offer. Guru was a very
very...difficult man to say the least. He didn't like abrupt changes in
schedule, nor did he like to be uninformed by anything, However, this did sound
much like one of his standard training exercises, so Kilat decided to play along
until he could talk it over with guru when he got back to the school.

"To be a Champion Silly. To help people and do good deeds and be what you can
be." the adorable girls say's staring up at him and smiling. Still petting the
great beasts' foot, she climbs up on its leg and makes herself comfortable, now
petting its knee, to which a deep thrumming almost like a purr comes from Dragon
Mans lips.

"Well, there doesn't seem to be any police nearby right now, so what do you
suggest I do? Tie him up and just leave him outside the jewelry store? We'll
talk about the hero thing after we get rid of this guy."

Shrugging her shoulders, the little girl replies "I don't know. I am just
supposed to recwuite you. I don't fight bad guys, Mr. Wyrd pwomised Monster I
wouldent." and begins to climb on Dragon Mans stomach, then chest, finally
making her way to his shoulder where she sits and reaches up and scratches him
on the top of his head, which causes the deep rumbling purr to increase. "I am
gwonna leave with him. He isn't dangewous, his is just wike a big puppy." she
says with a bright smile. "I am gonna see if Mr. Wyrd will let me keep him."
then returning to the reason she is here she continues, "Mr.Wyrd told me to give
you this card" at which she pulls a business card from her pocket that is
slightly smeared with grape jelly, "And said you should meet him tomowwow after
you get done with your cwass."

Then keeping her hand on Dragon-Mans head, she giggles as the great beast
stands up and begins to flex its mighty wings. "See you water." she say's
laughing with pure joy as Dragon man begins to take to the air...

He takes the card, careful not to get any Grape jelly on his fingers. "So Suzie, will you be there tomorrow
as well or just Mr. Wyrd, and what are you planning on doing with Mr. Dragon?"
His stomach rumbles, reminding him
of how hungry he actually is. Looking up he sees her and dragon man flying off.
"Oh well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow." He walks over to the shattered violin
on the ground, and takes several of the strings, and ties the hands of the
violinist together, then takes another string and ties him to the drain pipe
attached to the jewelry store. "There that should hold you. there are security
cameras everywhere down here, and if they wonder what happened I guess they can
subpoena those. Have a good day" he leaves the area and continues on the way
back to Lombardi's. All in all that didn't take that long... maybe sally was
still there... and at any rate, he could sure use a pizza. Pulling the card out
of his pocket, he finally takes a look at it.

The Card was a simple, though elegant embossed card with one word written on
it and a phone number. The word, written in gold script, was Champions. As he
walked away from the scene of the attempted crime, he makes his way to
Lombardi's and proceeds to eat dinner, alone.

Re: The Earth 75175 Campaign Thread - New Orleans Thieves Guild
June 27, 2009 02:49AM
NAME: Unknown
HERO NAME: Gambit
ORIGIN: Mutant, Breed (Maturity)
EFFECTS: Collumn 1,+1cs 1 Stat, 1 Contact must be Family
IDENTITY: Secret
LEGAL STATUS: None, His exhistance is unknown to Law enforcement, though suspected
ALIASES: Unknown
PLACE OF BIRTH: Unknown
MARITAL STATUS: Presumed Single
KNOWN RELATIVES: Unknown
BASE OF OPERATIONS: New Orleans
PAST GROUP AFFILIATIONS: Unknown
PRESENT GROUP AFFILIATION: New Orleans Thieves Guild

DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 6'3"
WEIGHT: 227
EYES: Green
HAIR: Black
SKIN: Light Caramel (Mulatto)

STATS
STRENGTH: Gd-10
ENDURANCE: In-40
REASON: Rm-30
INTUITION: Rm-30
PSYCHE: Am-50
APPEARANCE: Rm-30

HEALTH: 130
RESOURCES: Rm-30 (Personal Resources)
POPULARITY: +/-0 (General Public) +/- Ex (Criminal Underworld) +75 (Thieves Guild)

TALENTS: 6
1-Languages: Creole French / English

2-*Leadership: --

4-Crime: In

5-Edged Weapons: Am

6-Acrobatics: Dodge/Evade: Am Escape: Ex

CONTACTS: 5
1-Thieves Guild of New Orleans

2-*Criminal Underworld

4-*People who "Owe" him

POWERS: 12
1-Plasma Generation: Am-50
-Range: 20 Areas
-Secondary effects Psychic(Rm-30) and Flame(Rm-30)
-To use at range greater than touch must chanell through object and max effect is material strength of objecta

2-*Fire Generation/Control: In-40 (Pyrokinesis)

4-Telepathy: Rm-30

5-Telekinesis: Rm-30

6-Hypnotic Control: Mn-75
-Requires either eye contact or touch to initialize
-Telepathic based and limited to Telepathy range once established

7-**Energy Doppleganger/Self Duplication: In-40 (Pyrokinetic "Imps")
-FASERIP and other Ranks are divided between total # of Imps active

10-*Regeneration: Rm-30
-Heals 30x faster than normal for his Endurance Rank
-Can regrow on a Red Feat

12-Resist Physical: Mn-75
-Aging/Toxins/Disease/Poisons/Infections Only
-As a side effect of his regeneration Gambit still appears to be in his late 20s-Early 30s
despite the fact that he must be at least in his mid 70s by now.

--PsiScreen: Mn-75

GEAR

WEAKNESS(ES)
-None

HISTORY
-Leader of the New Orleans Thieves Guild, the man known as Gambit is a rogue of the first order. He is devilish,

charming, honorable, but a unrepentant thief and con-man. He has connections throughout the less savory sides of

the Marvel Earth and is the equal in power to New Yorks "KingPin of Crime". Respected and feared by most of the

underworld he has been the leader of the Thieves Guild for over 50 years.

Sample Thieves Guild Members
NAME: Seer
ORIGIN: Mutant-Induced (Energy Exposure)
OCCUPATION/RANK: Thieves Guild Support
DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5'7"
WEIGHT: 130
EYES: White
HAIR: White
SKIN: White (Albino)

STATS
FIGHTING: Pr-4
AGILITY: Ex-20 (Extremely Graceful)
STRENGTH: Pr-4
ENDURANCE: Ex-20
INTUITION: Am-50 (Gd-10 w/out Powers)
(+1cs)APPEARANCE: Am-50

HEALTH: 48
RESOURCES: Ex-20
POPULARITY: +0 (Genral Public doesnt know of her exhistance)

TALENTS: 2
1-Detective/Espionage: Mn-75 (Naturally Inquisitive)

2-Languages: Latin / English

CONTACTS: 1
1-New Orleans Thieves Guild

1-Telepathy: Am-50
--Must use reflective surface as focus medium or is -4cs to effective rank (Gd-10)

2-**Mind Control Possession/Sensory Link: Rm-30
-Can "Ride" Someone gaining not only control of their body but their sense as well
--Must use reflective surface as focus medium or is -4cs to effective rank (Gd-10)

5-***Clairvoyance/True Sight/Life Detection/Environemental Awareness: Am-50
-Requires use of reflective surface as focus medium or is -4cs to effective rank (Gd-10)
-Max range/area: 3 Miles

--PsiScreen: In-40

WEAKNESS(ES)
-Without powers is Blind
-Energy Allergy-Incapacitation-Continuous
--Light in excess of her Endurance-2cs(Ty-6) or Solar Radiation in excess of her Endurance -4cs(Fe-2) does

1pt/round and reduces her rank in all powers by 1cs for every 10pts of damage done

HISTORY
-History is shrouded in mystery.

NAME: Alicia Karasnoch / Diamond Jane
ORIGIN: Mutant-Random (Maturity)
OCCUPATION/RANK: Thieves guild Enforcer
DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5'8"
WEIGHT: 130 (650 when Crystalline)
EYES: Blue
HAIR: Blond
SKIN: Caucasion

STATS
FIGHTING: Rm-30
AGILITY: Rm-30
STRENGTH: In-40 (Ty-6 when not Crystalline)
ENDURANCE: Am-50 (Gd-10 when not Crystalline)
INTUITION: Gd-10
PSYCHE: Ex-20
APPEARANCE: Gd-10

HEALTH: 150 (76 when not Crystalline)
RESOURCES: Ex-20
POPULARITY: +/- 10

TALENTS: 2
1-Crime: Ex-20

2-Thrown Objects: In-40

CONTACTS: 2
1-Guild

2-Family

POWERS: 7+1
1-***Crystalization/Energy Sponge/Body Transnformation: Self: In-40
-Can create crystal/gemstones from freefloating molecules or the material making
up other people/things
-Can use the crystals to draw in and release energies
-Can internalize powers to make herself into gemstone increasing her str/end and
gaining defensive abilities as well

5-**Regeneration/Self Sustenance: Rm-30
-When crystaline heals 30x faster than normal and requires only 1/30th normal
sustenance/sleep/air/ect..
-Can regrow by means of a Red Feat by drawing ambient molecules and converting
them to crystal as well.

8-Reflection: Mn-75
-Only vs Energy and Psionics and Only when Crystalline
-When Crystal is extremely resistant to energy and psionic attacks/effects, even to the
point that reflect off of her at -3cs (Green Feat) or Fully (Red Feat) at the originator of
the attack. If she doesnnt actively channell it back, the attack is spread as a "explosion"
of -5cs effect with her at the center

WEAKNESS(ES)

HISTORY

NAME: Edmund / Henri Deavaux
ORIGIN: Mutant-Induced (Chemical Exposure)
OCCUPATION/RANK: Enforcer for New Orleans Thieves Guild / Medical Student
DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 6'6" (6' Henri)
WEIGHT: 370 (188 Henri)
EYES: Brown
SKIN: Caucasion (Tanned)

STATS
FIGHTING: Am-50
STRENGTH: Am-50
ENDURANCE: Am-50
INTUITION: Gd-10 (In-40 Hearing/Olfactory)
PSYCHE: In-40
APPEARANCE: Pr-4

HEALTH: 190
RESOURCES: Rm-30 (Henri has an inherittance)
POPULARITY: +10 (Henri) / -20 (Edmund)

TALENTS: 5
1-Chemistry: In-40 (Gd-10 Henri)

2-Crime: In-40/Ex-20 (Gd-10 Henri)

3-Languages: Cajun French / English

4-*Medicine: In-40 (Gd-10 Henri)

CONTACTS: 3
1-(Henri)Tulane University Hospital: Henri interns there and is well liked

2-(Both) New Orlean Thieves Guild

3-(Edmund) "Bloody" Mary: His lover and a fellow psychopath

1-Body Resistance: In-40
-In defense vs Physical and Energy

2-Energy Detection: Sensory Based: Gd-10
-Can see Ultraviolet and Thermal Energies (At Gd-10)
-Can hear Ultra-High and Low frequiencies of sound (At In-40)
-Can smell Ozone traces given off by electricity (At In-40)

3*-Hyper Hearing/Olfactory: Rm-30

5-*Regeneration: Am-50
-Heals 50x faster than normal for His Endurance
-Can Regrow on a Red Feat

7-Pheromones: Ex-20
-Has effectives Ex-20 rank control over those who can smell him
-Those who cannot smell him or are biologically not attracted to men are immune

8-Natural Weaponry: Hands: Am-50
Nails and Fingertips are tough enough to be driven into material Strength of Am-50 or less
Can attack doing edged damage

WEAKNESS(ES)
Psychological-Power Negation-Continuous
-Believes needs formula to unleash "Edmund".
-Can only maintain "Edmund" form for 1-10 hours per dose until reverts to Henri
-Each dose costs only Fe to make but is composed of illegal substances
-Henri's stats are as follows
-F:Ty-6 A:Ty-6 S:Ty-6 E:Ty-6 R:Ty-6 I:Ty-6 P:Ty-6 App:Ty-6 Health: 24 Karma: 18
-Considers Henri and Edmund seperate people and Edmund speaks with a London
gutter accent, Henri with a refined Cajun-French
-This is effectively the same as having the Alter Ego power

HISTORY
-Medical student who experimented with mind altering drugs and unleashed the physical manifestation
of his "Dark Side". Henri thrills at the shared memories of Edmund doing things he never could bring himself to do.

NAME: Gator
ORIGIN: Mutant, Induced (Technical Procedure)
OCCUPATION/RANK: Enforcer for New Orleans Thieves Guild
DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 8' (14' counting tail)
WEIGHT: 680
EYES: Golden
HAIR: None
SKIN: Greenish Brown

STATS
(-2cs)AGILITY: Gd-10
(+2cs)STRENGTH: Am-50
(+2cs)ENDURANCE: Mn-75
REASON: Fe-2
INTUITION: In-40
PSYCHE: In-40
APPEARANCE: Fe-2

HEALTH: 175
RESOURCES: Fe-2 (Barely understands wealth)
POPULARITY: -10 (Almost an Urban Legend)

TALENTS: 3
1-*Area Knowledge/Survival: Swamps: Am-50 (Based on Intuition)

3-Underwater Combat: Am/Ex

CONTACTS: 1
1-New Orleans Thieves Guild (They occasionally throw him "snacks" or lead him to them)

POWERS: 5
1-Animal Mimicry: In-40
-Alligator Only
-Physical effect: Semi-Animallistic Form (-2cs Appearance)
-Permenant
--Armor Skin: Leather Like hide and Scales: In defense vs Physical and Energy
--Natural Weaponry: Claws/Teeth: In Edged
--Natural Weaponry: Combat Tail: +1 Attack at In Blunt

2-Animal Communication & Control: Gd-10
-Alligators and Crocodiles only

3-*Hyper Swimming/Water Freedom:
-Can move at 4 areas/round in water

5-Self Sustenance: Ex-20
-Can hold breath for 20x longer than normal

WEAKNESS(ES)
-Near mindless/animalistic state

HISTORY
-Homeless man experimented on by the Lizard, and turned into a Humanoid Gator

NAME: Jade / Real Name Unknown
ORIGIN: Mutant, Induced (Self Achievement)
OCCUPATION/RANK: Support Personel
DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 5'2"
WEIGHT: 96
EYES: Brown
SKIN: Oriental-Golden

STATS
FIGHTING: Rm-30
AGILITY: Rm-30
STRENGTH: Gd-10
ENDURANCE: Rm-30
INTUITION: Rm-30
APPEARANCE: Rm-30

HEALTH: 100
RESOURCES: Gd-10 (Joined Thieves Guild for Resources)
POPULARITY: +0 /+20 w Thieves Guild

TALENTS:
--Occult Lore: Oriental Alchemy: See Powers: Un-100

1-Languages: Chinese / English

2-*Mystic Origin: --- (Powers/Abilities are magickally based)

CONTACTS:
1-Master Xensi-Her teacher a venerable master of Oriental Alchemy

2-New Orleans Thieves Guild

POWERS: 4
1-Ultimate Skill: Occult Lore: Oriental Alchemy: Un
-Was trained by one of the last masters of the art and her knowledge
far exceeds her age.

2-Resist Physical: Rm-30
-Poisons/Toxins/Disease/Infections and Aging Only
-Effect of numerous potions taken

3-Natural Weaponry: Nails: In-40
-Nails are Am material and can do upto In edged damage due to
alchemical treatments

4-Power Simulation: In-40
-Can simulate other powers at upto In-40 rank
-Prep time is one turn per each ten points of the Power rank number.
-The ingredients cost an amount of Resource points equal to 10% of the
Effect's rank(I.E. Gd-10 = Fe-1 and In-40 = Pr-4)

WEAKNESS(ES)

HISTORY
-A ambitious young alchemist of low moral character.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 8
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.