The Earth-009 Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
The Earth-009 Campaign Thread
December 02, 2008 10:19PM
Judge: The Rook

Player Slots Filled: 7 of 19

Campaign Links: Earth-009

Game World Overview: The game universe of Earth-009 is a complex reality in which all things are possible for Player and character alike, allowing a nearly infinite amount of plot twists and potential for advancement. Each character's story is weaved into the 'macro' plot line, but no particular line of action is forced on him or her at anytime, leaving the bulk of the character's path up to the Player in question.

Character Generation Guidelines: Rules for Character Creation, including an Example Character Sheet.

Campaign Policy: Earth-009 Gaming Policy and Stylebook

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 01:15PM by The Last Duskblade.
Re: The Official Earth-009 Campaign Thread
December 03, 2008 05:30AM
That is FREAKING awesome.

I'm in!

Yosef

"Trust is for the foolish and the dead."
The Undying
December 03, 2008 08:21AM
Classic Marvel Community,

It is my pleasure and honor to announce the official return of Earth-009!

After several months of conversing, convincing and planning, Carlos Lising, known on the boards here as The Rook, has agreed to take up the mantle of Judge once again. For those of us who had the pleasure of playing in his short but potent Xavier Institute campaign, this is a dream come true, and long overdue.

Having seen what Carlos has been working on first hand, I daresay this next campaign will overshadow the prior in both quality and depth. It is at once a continuation and expansion of the game he launched in February of this year.

Game play will will begin in earnest after the first of the year. An appropriate start time considering this year we celebrate the year 2009. For our purposes this represents Phase 2 of 009. ;-)

Interested parties should begin submitting characters as soon as possible.

E-Mail questions and Character Submissions to: binary@earth-009.com

For those Players who are returning, I should mention that Carlos is accepting only new character submissions. So Joseph Creed will no longer be joining us. winking smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 01:20PM by The Last Duskblade.
December 03, 2008 08:48AM
I'm so making a character. I'll have it done soon... smiling smiley
December 03, 2008 08:52AM
I noticed the email above and the address on the pdf files are different. I used the one you posted in case it's wrong.

December 03, 2008 08:54AM
The one in this thread is the correct one.

It's only by accident that I posted the other. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
December 03, 2008 02:55PM
I MUST play this game!
December 03, 2008 03:21PM
Then you MUST submit a character. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 03, 2008 06:49PM
LOL nice stab at JC there ya mug. Nope got a new devil for this game, indeed i do. the finger smiley

Yosef

"Trust is for the foolish and the dead."
The Undying
December 03, 2008 08:05PM
hoi!

i can't find in the linked accesories how can i measue a power stunt's cost.

are they available or everyone starts with only the base powers ?

and what if someone chooses a weakness from the UPB ? how much CP worth that?

Dae
December 03, 2008 08:38PM
Daelon,

Thank you for your interest in Phase 2 of Earth-009! cool smiley

> i can't find in the linked accesories how can i
> measue a power stunt's cost.

That's because no character is allowed to start with Power Stunts.

> are they available or everyone starts with only the base powers ?

Right. Base powers only.

> and what if someone chooses a weakness from the UPB ? how much CP worth that?

Every Weakness or Limitation will be assigned a value by Carlos after he has had the chance to view the 'complete' character sheet. Then he'll let you know how many more Character Points you have to work with. After which, you'll place those extra points in the category you feel best represents your vision, and the process will be nearly complete.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 03, 2008 09:09PM
TLD,

thnx for the quick reply smiling smiley

smileys with beer
December 03, 2008 09:48PM
Daelon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TLD,
>
> thnx for the quick reply smiling smiley
>
> smileys with beer

No problem. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 04, 2008 04:38PM
I dug around the archive and found the old thread when the game was getting started. I take it things are picking up somewhere close to where left off, and the players are still involved in some way with the X-Men? A little background like that helps in figuring out what to make up.

December 04, 2008 09:09PM
tystates,

> I take it things are picking up somewhere close to where left off, and the players are still involved in
> some way with the X-Men? A little background like that helps in figuring out what to make up.

While the tone of the game is similar to what can be found in the downloads of that thread, the game has nothing to do with the X-Men mythos at this time. It is instead going to be a campaign based on the West Coast, and managed in a highly populated superhuman area. I'll not diverge much more of the plot and setting, for concern of ruining the surprises that lay ahead for our potential Players. But what I will say, is that you should build whatever character you have dreamt of playing, regardless of setting, as this game will provide almost endless, interactive opportunities. Trust me when I say that the setting is both durable, and non-limiting. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2008 09:11PM by The Last Duskblade.
December 06, 2008 12:15PM
I think I might have gotten my best friend to try and join! He's interested. The only thing he's not sure about is how it works, like how he's supposed to play. I can't seem to explain it well enough because he's still torn. Can y'all help me so I can convince him?
December 06, 2008 07:09PM
Have him read the Policy and Stylebook PDF, as that explains the methodology of gameplay as well anything.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 07, 2008 08:24AM
I've sent my character in. How has the response been from players? Are a lot of the people that played before returning?

December 07, 2008 10:01AM
tystates,

> I've sent my character in.

Thanks. Received.

> How has the response been from players?

Unreal! Actually one of the reasons your guys are getting such a slow response time from me, is the sheer amount of character sheets I'm managing. Everyone please be patient, and I will get back to you well before game start.

> Are a lot of the people that played before returning?

Of the six original Players, only two have submitted character sheets, while two others have suggested they were interested.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 07, 2008 02:42PM
Always interested in one of Rook's games, just haven't had much time to seriously ponder a new character concept though. Plus, with the enthusiastic response this has been getting from folks, I thought maybe I might step back and let others enjoy Rook's great storytelling. I'm sure there's only so many players he'll be able to handle, so perhaps stepping back will open up the chance for someone who's not had the fun of playing in one of Rook's games before. smiling smiley
December 07, 2008 03:13PM
Redman II,

> Always interested in one of Rook's games, just haven't had much time to seriously ponder a new character concept though.

Not a problem brother... we're patient. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

> Plus, with the enthusiastic response this has been getting from folks, I thought maybe I might step back and let others enjoy Rook's great storytelling. I'm sure there's only so many players he'll be able
> to handle, so perhaps stepping back will open up the chance for someone who's not had the fun of playing in one of Rook's games before. smiling smiley

While that's nice of you, it's not really a concern. There's going to be plenty of room for everyone.

Feel free to send a character in as soon as you've got one you dig! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
Submission Deadline (January 1st Entry)
December 10, 2008 08:33PM
Friends,

First let me say that Carlos and I are thrilled with the overwhelming response this new campaign has received. It's been a real pleasure looking through such a myriad of character proposals written and presented by a very creative group of Players.

That being said, let me now announce that the character submission deadline for the January 2009 start of our Earth-009 campaign, will be Thursday, December 18th, 2008. Please have your character sheets in by that day, so that Carlos and I will have time to examine them and respond during the coming holiday season.

Thank you for your continued interest. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 10, 2008 09:34PM
Still working on mine. I hope to submit by this Friday.

I'm of the Stanislavski method of Roll playing and theatre, so this character's 's going to be interesting for me eye rolling smiley

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
December 10, 2008 10:02PM
Chronomancer,

> Still working on mine. I hope to submit by this Friday.

Sounds good. I'll be ready. cool smiley

> I'm of the Stanislavski method of Roll playing and theatre, so this character's 's going to be interesting for me eye rolling smiley

For us to, it sounds like. Sweet! smiling bouncing smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 11, 2008 09:18PM
The Last Duskblade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chronomancer,
>
> > Still working on mine. I hope to submit by this
> Friday.
>
> Sounds good. I'll be ready. cool smiley
>
> > I'm of the Stanislavski method of Roll playing
> and theatre, so this character's 's going to be
> interesting for me eye rolling smiley
>
> For us to, it sounds like. Sweet! smiling bouncing smiley

Thanks for the clarifications and answers to teh e-mails I sent you, My character is finished, and I just sent it off to you. I hope you enjoy the read, and everything's acceptable.
December 15, 2008 05:09PM
I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl about this game, and I still haven't decided on what character to submit LOL

Er, um.

I'm woikin on it!!!

smiling smiley
December 15, 2008 07:04PM
Erm... if you don't start with power stunts, how do you use certain powers?
December 15, 2008 07:51PM
As they are listed in the core books.

You can of course try a Power Stunt in the first round of the game if you want to.

We tried this in the last campaign, and it worked quite well. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 15, 2008 09:12PM
yeah, I've got a couple of things i'd like to try with the Mix that i have... although they'll have to wait until the right time comes up

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
December 15, 2008 10:15PM
Well, certain powers say in the description that you start with one power stunt. Do you get that one power stunt in this game?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 11
Record Number of Heroes Online: 6 on January 11, 2016
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.