The Earth-009 Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: The Official Earth-009 Campaign Thread
December 22, 2008 10:16PM
Dude, damn nice of you to drop in and say hello like that. Me Ive got my fingers crossed, Im hoping santa brings me an acceptance email to the Rook's game for Christmas this year! grinning smiley
Time Commitment
December 22, 2008 11:46PM
Potential Players,

Please send me an e-mail as soon as possible, telling me what your average potential level of commitment to the campaign will be per week. Carlos an I have a schedule in mind, but want each Player to submit something on what they perceive their dedication to be. This will help us through the final stages of the vetting process, and give us a sense of, on average, where Players are coming from, time wise.

Thank you for your continued interest.

We're almost there... cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
December 23, 2008 06:18AM
sent... smiling bouncing smiley

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
December 26, 2008 08:51AM
You know I'll MAKE time for this. Whatever days are easist for the GM are fine by me.
December 26, 2008 11:16AM
Mr Happy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You know I'll MAKE time for this. Whatever days
> are easist for the GM are fine by me.
So Mr. Happy, the time needed are hours 25-30 out of a 24 hour sday and Days 8-17 in a 7 day week. When can we expect the times mentioned to be made? tongue sticking out smiley
December 26, 2008 02:11PM
::paces floor mumbling something about saving the universe::

The suspense is killin me smiling smiley
The Good, The Bad, and The Marvelous!
December 26, 2008 04:05PM
Friends,

Since I know those who submitted a character are about to hunt me down and torture me for the results, I figured it time to reveal the truth at last. Let me just say, that this was a difficult process for Carlos and I, as there were so many cool submissions to consider. So much so, that we brought in four Players, when we originally only intended to bring in three. It was just that close of a race. We chose Players based on a number of factors, that when all combined gave us, what we feel, is the best starting group we could ask for.

But let's get to the point…

I'm announcing three types of news; categorized as I feel is appropriate for the situation.

The Good: I've sent out acceptance e-mails for the chosen Players and their characters. Those who received a welcome message from me should respond quickly with the provided materials, as game start will be upon us shortly.

The Bad: If you have not been graced with a welcome message from me, you and your character have not been chosen for the January 1st game start.

The Marvelous: Although not mentioned at the beginning of this process, Carlos and I intend to accept Players and characters on a continuing basis. The next entry point for this campaign is on February 12th, 2009. For those that submitted a character for the January 1st game start, and were not accepted, you may consider your character already submitted for the second wave. You may also use this time to further polish your character, or change your submission altogether. For those who didn't make the deadline for game launch, you now have an opportunity to work on and submit a character for the next round.

Carlos and I would like to thank you all, once again, for your enthusiasm and creativity. It is this kind of excitement, and buzz, that makes a campaign not only survive, but also thrive.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
December 27, 2008 02:59AM
Rook and The Last Duskblade,

Looks like my character didn't make the final cut. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! sad smiley

Feel free to use the character I submitted ["Glare"] as an NPC / Villain, as I'll likely submit a new character on the next central casting call.

And now, my question / request....

I, like many of us here, am addicted to superhero gaming, and so, I've decided to shake the dust off of my Judge's apron and cook up a game for launch tentatively in March. I really like Carlos' points-based character creation rules and would like to adapt them for my use [with permission] and perhaps ask for a bit of volunteer help with packaging [mostly turning a source / stylebook into one of those beautiful downloadable .pdf files],

More details later, but my game will likely be an interwoven Marvel / DC universe shared continuity construct [which is why there will be a need for a detailed source / stylebook]

2009 holds the 70th anniversary of Marvel Comics and the debut of DC's Batman, and so it seems to me a good time to don a cape smiling smiley
December 27, 2008 03:09AM
It saddens me to say that I too have been over looked sad smileysad smileysad smileysad smileysad smileysad smileysad smileysad smileysad smiley

But fear not for the next time I will rock the house.
December 27, 2008 09:20PM
Aw well, passed over. Well here's keeping my fingers crossed for Febuary.
December 31, 2008 10:56PM
Is there a place non-players and innocent bystanders can watch the Earth-009 game unfold on Uatu's big screen TV?

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
December 31, 2008 11:55PM
This is a very good question smiling smiley

please-please-please the finger smiley

Dead Sidekick Wrote:
> Is there a place non-players and innocent
> bystanders can watch the Earth-009 game unfold on
> Uatu's big screen TV?
January 01, 2009 12:27AM
Unfortunately, no.

The Earth-009 campaign is completely closed to anyone other than the Judge and Player's involved.

Wait your turn! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
January 01, 2009 12:32AM
The Last Duskblade Wrote:
> Unfortunately, no.
>
> The Earth-009 campaign is completely closed to
> anyone other than the Judge and Player's involved.
>
>
> Wait your turn! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

In other words, everytime Krona peers into his temporal microscope he sees the Anti-Monitor's hand, forming a finger to poke him in the eye....

tongue sticking out smiley
January 02, 2009 07:06AM
> In other words, everytime Krona peers into his
> temporal microscope he sees the Anti-Monitor's
> hand, forming a finger to poke him in the eye....

Funny! grinning smiley
January 02, 2009 03:21PM
Guys,

While access to the Earth-009 game site is restricted to those currently involved in the game, I'll ask those four Players if they'd be willing to drop you all a line on this thread to keep you abreast of the goings-on in the game and their opinions on it. In that way, you can stay appraised of Elysium City news as it breaks! grinning smiley

The Rook
January 02, 2009 09:28PM
Sweet! Thats a great idea. I'll take the game vicariously if need be.
January 09, 2009 07:25AM
Carlos and Players,

Since you guys are into the game a little ways now, any chance that we here at Classic Marvel can get an update? I'm not asking for much in the way of campaign information, perhaps just drop us a line every few weeks to boast or brag. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
January 09, 2009 08:24AM
We plan to do just that. Really not very much to talk about right now, but we are all having a good time. Four players, so far we're each in our own thread as details about each character are brought out.

The Second Wave
January 17, 2009 10:30PM
Friends,

I'll now begin accepting character submissions for round two of the Earth-009 campaign.

These characters, if accepted, will begin play in the middle of February.

Fire when ready! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
Re: The Second Wave
January 18, 2009 12:34AM
Woot!

The Second Wave
January 18, 2009 10:06AM
Indeed DSk.

Also, I thought I should mention that to make the submission process go even smoother, do your best to make your character sheet as clean as the Swan Song template provided. That was posted with the creation materials to provide a cheat sheet of sorts for perspective Players. Don't hesitate to use it. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
Submission Deadline (February 15th Entry)
February 06, 2009 09:05PM
Friends,

Carlos and I have been very surprised as to the continued interest in his new campaign, and with the amount and quality of characters we've received for consideration. It's nice to know that with all the work he's putting into this game, people are responding in kind, with both interest and praise alike.

As an aside, I'd like everyone to know that the official start date for the second wave of Players will be February 15th. With that in mind, I'm closing the "Submission Office" immediately. Carlos and I had a chance to work through all character submission over the phone about two hours ago, and came up with a group of Players, and characters, that we think will fit nicely into the game format.

Just as before, the accepted Players will be receiving e-mails from me over the weekend, welcoming them to the Earth-009 game world. If you do not get one of these from me, do not start bathing your toasters just yet. After game start on the 15th of February, I'll post information regarding the next entry point for the campaign.

This game is something of a dead language, a lost art, and it's through the efforts of Judges like Carlos, and Players like you, that it stays alive and well.

Thank you all for your continued interest.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
Re: Submission Deadline (February 15th Entry)
February 06, 2009 10:08PM
Now if some of you players would just post some juicy details for those of us who arent involved. C'mon through us a bone! hot smiley
Re: The Earth-009 Campaign Thread
February 07, 2009 02:05AM
It's safe to say everyone involved in the campaign is having a good time. I continue to be impressed at the depth of characters which IMO far exceed what I came up with for my own. Then there's the level of posts from everyone that forces me to try and keep up with that same quality.

It's all about the details in this game. If you don't want a lot of details, prefer to gloss over the mundane events in a hero's life, then don't sign up.

For my own character, he and his wife had a nerve wracking dinner out where he thought they were being watched. Turns out, they were. Mike (my character) met the one following him, then was taken to meet someone else. One can see future events, and sought Mike out to try and help.

Mike is now on his first day at work at Dow Chemical. Oh yeah, Mike and his wife Beth had what was described by another player as a "swicked" love scene to break in their new house!

February 09, 2009 09:07PM
Heh, (Ty's sex scene)

My character, with the Density Control and Growth powers-both at high ranks, is the team BRICK. The Thing, Hulk, or Thor of our team.

She is also an 8-year-old teddy bear carrying little girl.

A child with a precocious and dependent child's perspective she is anything but a 'tough guy' like most super-heroes but she does have super human sized problems. She is a mutant and she is being hunted by what she thinks is an ultra-elite covert merc squad. Another hero has discovered she is wrong.

Gwen (my character) has lived in the mutant underground (a series of loosely connected hide outs much like the old french underground resistance cells from WW2) for as long as she can remember. Recently, the merc team tracked down their hide out, slaughered everybody, and Gwen and 2 other children escaped with a tough mutant. They ran for another cell only to find the Merc Team beat them their by minutes and killed everyone their too. The 4-some ran and hid in some houses. Gwen became connected to her new family. She loved the other children (the characterization and attention to detail in this game is EPIC).

It was all a nightmare. The children were horrifically murdered and the leader ambushed.

In her tantrum Gwen tore up part of the city (errr, sorry about your new home, J).

The villains still gave her the slip. That other hero I mentioned, in an amazing scene, used his power to investigate what really happened and discovered this 'merc band' is actually a super villain group Marauder style-their leader, a man with icy blue eyes and white swept back hair who dresses all in red leather with a cruel/condescending sense of humor and some kind of phasing, invisibility, and self-cloaking power was with us all along-I believe WE took him to the new mutant cell and he walked with us to the house and murdered the kids with what I think are cybernetic arms that can change to a series of blades (like buzz saws, drills, and/or propellers (evil #$#%er). So far Gwen is the only one to get a good solid look at him due to his cloaking power but he is DAMN cool...

...and I HATE his guts and want him dead beyond words.

Gwen was rescued at the last minute by a kind woman named Mary, who has undefined powers all her own.

Gwen has just found out the villains are tracking her. She has ID-ed 7 of their group: their leader, 6 henchmen each seeming to be an elite soldier/enemy covert agent type (but, of course, I thought that about their leader too), and a guy who seems to be a tagger for the group -fat, bald, and fond of balderdash hats and stealthy.

The Rook still has Gwen thinking these guys don't have super powers...

Now I'm playing cat and mouse with these @#$#@ trying to get info on them before they kill us.

Did I get everything?

Oh yeah, Ty's character, Mike, may be my 'orphaned' character's illegitimate father but I don't really know anything yet-we haven't met yet and that is just a guess based on 'stuff'.
February 09, 2009 09:52PM
HOLY CRAP GUYS!!! That sounds awesome beyond words. It sounds like the game is off to an incredible start. Dude sex scenes, child killing! Holy crap this game is serious! Thats a whole other level. I know for a fact how vivid the Rook's story telling is, how richly detailed. The man just makes it all come to life. Dudes, Im so jealous now LOL! Keep us posted, this sounds incredible. Try and give us some weekly update if you can.

Oh and the Gwen character is genius man! And 8 yr old who becomes a giant!!! I love it. Keep her alive dude! Cause I warn you, the Rook isnt afraid to kill off players from some of our dicussions of his previous games. Play smart and you'll make it.

LOL a giant girl tearing up the city like Godzilla!!! Classic man!
February 10, 2009 04:21AM
Yes, the game is great. I play Garnell, a recent college graduate and former gang member who is trying to find a balance between his ambition as a business man, his past life as a gangster and... his past lives and mystical heritage. He's currently been dealing with a powerful business man who has taken an interest in him for, as Garnell is beginning to see, a variety of reasons which all stem from the businessman's desire to cultivate greatness.

Naturally, Garnell is both weary and greatful for the attention. The man has set him up with his own business, cars, given him a smart (and very attractive assistant) already passed on clients and even secured a house. But he also knows pretty much everything there is to know about Garnell. And Garnell's house... let's just say that, as he put it, they have come to terms.

One thing I really enjoy is that you have incentive to read the others threads because the city isn't nearly as big as you'd think. We're passing right by eachother, and interacting with eachother's NPCs (and houses tongue sticking out smiley) without the characters realizing it. It's very Heroes-esque.
February 10, 2009 04:54AM
Moryssa Wrote:
> Yes, the game is great. I play Garnell, a recent
> college graduate and former gang member who is
> trying to find a balance between his ambition as a
> business man, his past life as a gangster and...
> his past lives and mystical heritage. He's
> currently been dealing with a powerful business
> man who has taken an interest in him for, as
> Garnell is beginning to see, a variety of reasons
> which all stem from the businessman's desire to
> cultivate greatness.
>

Sounds like both an intersting character and NPC there. Hmmmm, now Im wondering what the business man s up too and Im not even in the game lol!

> Naturally, Garnell is both weary and greatful for
> the attention. The man has set him up with his own
> business, cars, given him a smart (and very
> attractive assistant) already passed on clients
> and even secured a house. But he also knows pretty
> much everything there is to know about Garnell.
> And Garnell's house... let's just say that, as he
> put it, they have come to terms.
>

Oooo mysterious! How do you come to terms with a house? That sounds...creepy.

> One thing I really enjoy is that you have
> incentive to read the others threads because the
> city isn't nearly as big as you'd think. We're
> passing right by eachother, and interacting with
> eachother's NPCs (and houses tongue sticking out smiley) without the
> characters realizing it. It's very Heroes-esque.

Now that is really killer right there. The Rook likes to let you know that things are always in motion around you even if you're not in the scene...damn thats brilliant! I love it! Very Heroes-esque indeed.

Just think, soon the next draft of players will be jining you! You guys will be the vetrans! You'll have to show the newbies around the city. Oh man thats crazy! Im crossing my fingers to join you guys!
February 10, 2009 09:32PM
Three is one of my power numbers. I'm gonna try to get in on the third wave smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 11
Record Number of Heroes Online: 6 on January 11, 2016
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.