The Earth-009 Campaign Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: The Official Earth-009 Campaign Thread
December 15, 2008 11:36PM
Punstarr,

> Well, certain powers say in the description that you start with one power stunt. Do you get that one power stunt in this game?

This is more or less covered in our rules for Character Creation, but bears mentioning anyway. I'll use text from the document downloadable in this thread:

"However, in a Point-Buy system, nothing is free. That means that, if you select a
Body Type that normally gives you some type of Bonus (or Penalty), or choose a Power
that ordinarily is accompanied by a Bonus Power…you don’t get those extras for free
(although, if you really want them, you’re free to pay for them, as per normal)."

With your questions coming to the fore (you and Vrykolas2k), I wish we would have specifically mentioned Power Stunts in that part of the document. I'll get with Carlos and update it for future ease.

Also from the same document:

"In other words…the rule of thumb is: You pay for everything. No freebies! "

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
December 16, 2008 02:20AM
How many Limitations can I character have?
December 16, 2008 02:33AM
Just one. cool smiley

Your free to take more, of course, but only one will return you Character Points for your build.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
December 16, 2008 03:05AM
Cool, thanks.
December 16, 2008 04:39AM
The other problem is, when I click a link, it just takes me to some TurboHD web-page.
December 16, 2008 08:42AM
Actually, I did have another question. Are the Realms of Magic books open as well?
December 16, 2008 09:42AM
I had one question also... I understand the "no bonus powers" but what about resistances etc that are included in the power description?

I.E. Light Manipulation includes Resistance to Light based powers at +1CS

Thanks!
December 16, 2008 10:45AM
Vrykolas2k,

> The other problem is, when I click a link, it just
> takes me to some TurboHD web-page.

That's odd. It should take you to mediafire.com where you can then download the document for the link you clicked.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 16, 2008 11:00AM
StormTigger,

> I had one question also... I understand the "no bonus powers" but what about resistances etc that are included in the power description?
> I.E. Light Manipulation includes
> Resistance to Light based powers at +1CS

You get anything that is an effect of the Power in questions, so in the example you sited, you get the Resistance to Light Based attacks.

> Thanks!

No problem.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2008 11:01AM by The Last Duskblade.
December 16, 2008 02:31PM
Moryssa,

> Actually, I did have another question. Are the
> Realms of Magic books open as well?

Yes. But let me expound on that a touch using Los' own words. I'm not usually one to plagiarize, but since he knows about it:

"Magic will be handled as per the delineated process that begins on page 61-66 of the Advanced Players Book and concludes with the material in the Realms of Magic Supplement."

Feel free to go wild building your mage! smiling bouncing smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 16, 2008 03:31PM
so when and how will we be finding out if we are selected to be in this particular campaign?

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
December 16, 2008 03:37PM
Good question.

After Carlos and I have looked over all the character submissions this weekend, we'll make a decision and e-mail the lucky Players. Everyone else will know the selections have been made by checking this thread for a post on the matter. While we will begin the debate over who to bring in right after Thursday's deadline, it may take us a while, so please be patient.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 16, 2008 05:41PM
ok sad smiley

although my wife says patience isn't one of my strong suits...

i was always horrible around christmas time as a wee bairn...

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
December 16, 2008 08:23PM
Vrykolas2k,

> The other problem is, when I click a link, it just
> takes me to some TurboHD web-page.

Vrykolas,

My computer pops up the media fire page AND an add page each time I click on the site. This is very smoothly done, I thought the add page was the target page too. If this is what is happening to you then the mediafire.com page will be on your display bar. You can reach it their after clicking on the mediafire.com link in this thread.

You should hurry, it would be a shame to miss joining THIS game on account of an inserted add.

TLD, you just hit me with a reply time of about 10 seconds on two posts I sent you. Un-fr!&&!n'-believably amazing, Sir. The hat is off to you.
December 16, 2008 08:52PM
ghost160,

> TLD, you just hit me with a reply time of about 10
> seconds on two posts I sent you.

cool smiley

> Un-fr!&&!n'-believably amazing, Sir. The hat is off to you.

Well put it back on man, it's too cold over there for that. tongue sticking out smiley

Actually I have a special motivation for responding so quickly: Carlos is paying me for my work in Karma points. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 16, 2008 09:18PM
And here it thought it was your compassion and good nature tongue sticking out smiley

(i hope you know I'm kidding here.. my wife keeps reminding me that what little sense of humour I have is hard to understand at times.)

December 16, 2008 09:22PM
Chronomancer,

> And here it thought it was your compassion and
> good nature tongue sticking out smiley

That's absurd! I've never been accused of any such thing in my life.

> (i hope you know I'm kidding here.. my wife keeps
> reminding me that what little sense of humour I
> have is hard to understand at times.)

Yeah, sometimes mine is a little tough to get via this form of communication. But hey, for those who don't recognize good old sarcasm when they see it: moody smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 16, 2008 09:33PM
tongue sticking out smiley

December 17, 2008 08:55PM
Members/Players,

If I have not gotten back to you on a recent e-mail, chances are.... I just did. cool smiley

Today was a busy one for me, so I was not quite on the ball the way I would usually be.

-5 Karma. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 18, 2008 01:14AM
Running Game = Infinite Karma

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
December 18, 2008 04:26PM
Actually, GMs gain karma by killing player characters with high Psyche scores first.

er...

heh

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
December 18, 2008 05:14PM
Just asking for an email if you're not picked for the game too, or a post here with the names of who did, so we're not left wondering.

The Submission Office Is Closed
December 18, 2008 09:05PM
Potential Players,

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this already, but in case I flubbed it: Everyone will receive some kind of indication as to the status of their application. Carlos and I will begin reviewing every application this weekend, but making our final choices may take a week or so.

Please be patient, and I will get notice to everyone.

Thank you to all those who submitted a character.

Except for those who just flooded my Inbox in the last hour! You people, I'm not all that happy with.... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No, seriously. Thank you for your interest in Carlos' new game.

Submission office now closed.... so stop already. smiling bouncing smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
Re: The Submission Office Is Closed
December 18, 2008 10:27PM
What do you mean I can't have a image-animating mutant with a collection of DC Comics?

Just kidding...

I can't wait to find out if I'm a player, or a spectator. smiling smiley
December 20, 2008 03:01AM
Dead Sidekick,

> What do you mean I can't have a image-animating
> mutant with a collection of DC Comics?

You must certainly can. That's just not what you submitted. cool smiley

> Just kidding...

Uh huh.

> I can't wait to find out if I'm a player, or a
> spectator. smiling smiley

Curiosity killed the.... Sidekick. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 20, 2008 03:43AM
The Last Duskblade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dead Sidekick,
>
> > What do you mean I can't have a image-animating
> > mutant with a collection of DC Comics?
>
> You must certainly can. That's just not what you
> submitted. cool smiley
>
> > Just kidding...
>
> Uh huh.
>
> > I can't wait to find out if I'm a player, or a
> > spectator. smiling smiley
>
> Curiosity killed the.... Sidekick. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Darn. Time to join the Exiles.

winking smiley
December 20, 2008 09:22AM
So, what was the deadline again? My friend's kinda of frantic since he's not sure, and I'm distressed since I can't tell him if it's too late or not...*laugh*
December 20, 2008 02:46PM
Tavish: [www.classicmarvel.com]

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
December 21, 2008 11:04AM
Damn. I'll tell him to stop making a character. lol...
December 22, 2008 03:38PM
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to stop by and take the time to thank everyone who's either submitted a character to myself or The Last Duskblade for my soon-to-be-launched game. When I first announced that I was planning to open up the doors to the 009 Universe, I asked TLD if he would represent me on the boards both to coordinate the game launch and be the point of entry for character submissions in order to free me up to continue to work on the game universe's source materials. Obviously, though, in the interim, I've been watching this thread with interest...checking up on you guys and seeing what kinds of questions you'd be asking.

Now, a score-plus of submissions later...I felt the need to stop by in person and let you all know that I've been positively stunned (pleasantly!) and humbled by the amount of interest in my game. Too, after going over the character submissions with TLD, I feel compelled to say that this board has been blessed with an outrageous amount of singularly talented, creative individuals. Some of the submissions we've recieved are making it very difficult to make final decisions on who we're bringing into the game...an indictment of the kind of skill each and every one of you have brought to the table.

TLD and I are still paring down the list, as I write this...but don't worry! We'll be sending all of you notices as to your status with regard to the 009 Universe in short order. Still...with the amount of quality submissions we've recieved, I felt that I simply had to appear and offer each one of you my personal thanks. I'll be endeavoring to bring you the highest-quality gaming experience that I'm capable of offering, in response. Giving what you've shared with me by way of character proposals...I'd definitely say that the ante (as it were) has been upped!

Happy holidays to all of you and your families. And again...spacebo. grinning smiley

The Rook
Judge, Earth-009

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 6
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.