Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread
February 14, 2010 09:30AM
Glad to have you here Baron!

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
February 14, 2010 03:20PM
Welcome back, Za Zen / Baron Von Blucher! Good to see you back around. smiling smiley
March 04, 2010 06:31PM
speaking of being back,

After one of the most crazy and eventful years I've ever had, things have finally calmed down and I'm home grinning smiley
Welcome Back, Chrono!
March 04, 2010 07:19PM
Yay! One of our craziest, most mentally unbalanced nutballs has returned to us! Let the party commence!

smileys with beerdrinking smileyhot smiley
March 04, 2010 07:38PM
hey! I resemble that remark.... I mean.... ah hell thanks Red grinning smiley
March 07, 2010 02:48PM
Hello. Haven't been on since this has gotten a new look. Its nice to be here.
Welcome Back, Manchine!
March 07, 2010 02:59PM
Welcome back to the boards. Good to see you back around. smiling smiley
March 11, 2010 10:20AM
Hello. I'm new to the site. I found it via wikipedia.

I've been playing RPG's (2nd Edition D&D) with some friends about once monthly, and we were talking about doing a different kind of setting such as super heroes or star wars. I played MSH about 20 years ago, and was wondering if it was still available, and lo and behold, I found this site.

Excellent preservation of the materials. I've been real pleased thus far, and am beginning to formulate a campaign for the guys. I may post up some ideas for the format we are going to use as I am not an experienced judge/gm/dm, and I can always use advice. In the past, I have chronicled our AD&D 2nd Edition adventures in another forum, and I could concieve of doing that here if we ever get around to playing it.

I appreciate the resources available here, both published and non-published. Thanks for all of the hard work.
Welcome, Haggis!
March 11, 2010 11:47AM
Good to have you here. Always nice to see new folks. smiling smiley
FTJ
March 12, 2010 09:17AM
Hello to all. I've visited this site before, but never registered on the boards before. Thanks for the great pdf selection. I've got the old advanced box set but no supplements, so the site resources are really sweet. cool smiley

I'm trying to get some old characters revamped and actually play, but right now I just thought I'd say hi. smiling smiley
March 12, 2010 10:29AM
Welcome FTJ, glad to have you in the community.
Welcome, FTJ
March 12, 2010 05:37PM
Welcome to the boards! Hope you have a long, fun stay with us. smiling smiley
Re: Welcome, FTJ
March 14, 2010 04:23AM
I think for a lot of us here that's how we were initially,

Hope to hear from you a lot, and welcome to the site

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
Welcome, Kara Zor-el
March 14, 2010 09:05PM
Welcome to the boards, one and only Supergirl. smiling smiley Hope you have a long and fun stay with us here.
April 06, 2010 11:22AM
here's a somewhat belated introduction...never know what to say in these things...
Welcome, Zounds!!!
April 06, 2010 11:29AM
No need to say anything specific here, Zounds!!!... Simply announcing yourself and giving us the chance to welcome you aboard is good enough smiling smiley

Welcome to the boards, and I hope you have a great time here.
FTJ
April 06, 2010 01:07PM
Zounds!!! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> here's a somewhat belated introduction...never
> know what to say in these things...

Yeah, me either. But welcome. smiling smiley
April 12, 2010 11:32AM
Hello, I have been using this site as a reference for over five years. I figured that it was about time to join the forums and see what I can help with.
April 12, 2010 11:54AM
Welcome to the forums Synergy and look forward to your contributions!

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
April 12, 2010 12:35PM
What can I get started on? I thought I was going insane a few weeks ago when I saw you guys were changing the character layout. I was trying to access to the character Techno (Marvel) but I noticed that you guys have him currently listed but the link has been broken for quite some time. Is there some what I can contribute there?
April 12, 2010 12:47PM
Synergy Wrote:
> What can I get started on? I thought I was going
> insane a few weeks ago when I saw you guys were
> changing the character layout. I was trying to
> access to the character Techno (Marvel) but I
> noticed that you guys have him currently listed
> but the link has been broken for quite some time.
> Is there some what I can contribute there?

You can always post to the layout forum suggestions or ideas for characters (and likely the broken link is due to Kevin trying to work out some way to update all the old sheets to the new format and will be back up soon). Plus in this forum you can post your feelings on anything just about, I promise we don't bite that often. winking smiley The casual exchange of opinions and knowledge is a help to everyone at some point so jump right in and let us know what you think on things either on the existing threads or one you'd like to bring up.

-- Peter David

Greetings, Synergy
April 12, 2010 01:39PM
Welcome to the forums. smiling smiley
April 12, 2010 03:53PM
Well thank you, guys. I own all the Deadpool comics so perhaps I can start with writing up his entry and show you what I got then.
April 12, 2010 04:57PM
Hi, I'm new.

Greetings, MajorTom
April 12, 2010 04:59PM
Hi, MajorTom! Stand up in front of the class and tell us about yourself. tongue sticking out smiley
Re: Greetings, MajorTom
April 12, 2010 05:00PM
I'm MajorTomSawyer and I know nothing about the Marvel RPG.

Is it fun?

April 12, 2010 05:03PM
Yes. Yes it is. grinning smiley
April 12, 2010 05:08PM
More fun than being the only male participant in a 30 person pudding filled lesbian Royal Rumble...

Or so I've been told...

"See what we learned today Mr. Scruffy? Solve a man's problems with violence help him for a day. TEACH a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a life time!" - Belkar Bitterleaf to Mr. Scruffy the cat

"Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about" - Me

"I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right, And I act like I don't know why I guess a reaction is all I was looking for. You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked before. Baby on your own you take a cautious step, Do you wanna give it up?" Shine - Mr. Big

"Nothing's forgotten. Nothing's ever Forgotten" Robin of Locksley

Snake Eyes is Batman if Batman used an Uzi and Trench Knives when he wanted to be LESS dangerous. - Brotherless One
April 20, 2010 11:13AM
Hello, I am new to your site but not gaming and certainly not the classic TSR Marvel RPG. My gaming group is currently playing Pathfinder while our GM gets his creative juices back on line for our Marvel game. Since he has recently stated he is ready to resume Marvel soon I figured I should check out this site that a member of our group has been talking about for a year or so.
April 20, 2010 11:17AM
Welcome maglock. The site is a great resource for materials, and the forums have some interesting discussions on the rules of the game. Glad to have you with us, and feel free to invite your friends to take a gander.

Maglock Wrote:
> Hello, I am new to your site but not gaming and
> certainly not the classic TSR Marvel RPG. My
> gaming group is currently playing Pathfinder while
> our GM gets his creative juices back on line for
> our Marvel game. Since he has recently stated he
> is ready to resume Marvel soon I figured I should
> check out this site that a member of our group has
> been talking about for a year or so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 30
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.