Welcome, Battleguy
April 09, 2009 12:10PM
Hope you have a fun stay here smiling smiley
Re: Hello...
April 09, 2009 12:18PM
Verily. Welcome to the boards! smiling smiley

Re: Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread
April 09, 2009 02:41PM
Eww! A newbie! *grins and salivates in anticipation while twirling mustache villianously* Welcome Battleguy

Formerly YourHumbleServant

2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe ~Albert Einstein

People who advocate foolish or dangerous ideas should not be forcibly silenced, but only as a testament to the greatness of the principle of liberty, NOT because the ideas they advocate have any merit whatsoever. ~Thomas Jefferson

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience ~ Mark Twain

Lady Gaga makes Miley Cyrus look like John Lennon ~ Chris Titus

Government that is big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have..History shows that as government grows..liberty decreases. ~ Thomas Jefferson
April 09, 2009 05:06PM
Ah... Yes... A newbie. *Looks at Gene's mustache, and has some evil thoughts*
Welcome sad_genius!
April 14, 2009 01:10AM
Hope you enjoy your time here. cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
April 14, 2009 09:03AM
Well, I figure I'll take my turn....

Hi!

My name is Mark, I'm from the metro DC area. I've been playing/running Marvel since 84, and I've had a long-running campaign since 86 called Defenders International which is still ongoing. In addition, I've been writing a bit here and there for the rules under a plethora of different names. I wrote the original vigilante rule under Shad0hawke for Lady Arachne's website, I started a few games back on AOL and later via egroups, and I lurked a lot at the old site as Jack Nemo.

I'm still running tabletop Marvel every week, and I started in 2002 a series of campaigns which run at Mid-Atlantic conventions and events set in the game world I developed for my group back in 86. I like to generate my takes on stats and powers, and will probably and have already bombarded with old write-ups for either obscure characters or people I like. That means Willie Lumpkin stats any day now.

Outside of that, I'm a recovering comic goon and avid CoH player.

Nice to meet you.
April 14, 2009 09:18AM
Welcome to the active boards! Good to have you here. smiling smiley

Re: Welcome sad_genius!
April 14, 2009 12:16PM
Welcome indeed. Glad to have you here.
Greetings, thejackolantern
April 14, 2009 12:21PM
Welcome (back) to the boards. I recall poking about Lady Arachne's site for goodies back in the day, and I think I've still a copy of the Vigilante rule saved on my drive. smiling smiley
April 15, 2009 06:40AM
Hello all you true believers!! I have been gaming since about 1986. It all began with D&D. Now I play D&D, Marvel TSR, Vampire The Masqurade, and have tried Mage. I am now The Judge in a Marvel game and am looking for the most recent character updates as possible. I am running an X Men game of my own timeline, so if any one has any suggestions I am always up for help. Good to see this game is still going strong, but I would love to see a D20 system come out
April 15, 2009 07:22AM
Welcome! Nice to see you!

Jack's MSH Blog: [jackolanternsmshblog.blogspot.com]

www.ProjectCrusaders.com
April 15, 2009 11:56AM
Welcome to the boards smiling smiley
Welcome Dr. X!
April 22, 2009 03:25PM
Enjoy your stay! grinning smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

"We are not so alone in our uniqueness, I am coming to understand. Perhaps though every drop is individual, we all become the rain?"

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

"...whether or not a character is too powerful or not is entirely relative to the power level the capmpaign was designed to accommodate."

--Powersurge
Welcome Inquisator!
May 07, 2009 03:46AM
Hope you enjoy our site! cool smiley

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class of Earth-009

--Ariadne Oikonomedes

--Powersurge
May 07, 2009 04:21AM
Hi all,
I have been an avid D&D player since 1978 and have played the Marvel RPG since its inception in 1984...

I have tried all the others the silly DC game from West End, the impossible Champions or Hero system (my players were trying to escape math homework) and even more recently Mutants and Masterminds (pretty, but a tough rule system to master) but i kept coming back to Marvel.......its a perfect system.........A comic book incident got me thinking this way......
Way back in Defenders issue 48 Moon Knight is with the group, and their adjective is to get the Hulk to follow them and join in their battle with the LMD Zodiac........During a pivotal scene Moon Knight jumps from a building and drives the Hulk's head into the pavement......because of Hulks body armor and strength, it would be impossible to do any damage with Moon Knight's human strength.......but you could stun and in this case Slam him...........

It made the human players playable and made the game fun for all...........No other system could match this simplicity....

Besides when i think of a hero I automatically think of them having Amazing Strength or Good Dexterity........

I have just revamped my Marvel world (a 1993 campaign with Modern elements thrown in) and thanks to this amazing site (and the Ben Reilly site) my brother is running DC with Marvel rules........

Even though I hate Meta Events........we are doing a parallel world campaign and wipeing out dozens of parallel worlds leaving just two marvel, and one DC world to interact with......

This is one of the best single resource sites I have ever come across...........shame on me waitng until now to join the community

Inquisator......
Re: Welcome Inquisator!
May 07, 2009 10:41AM
Welcome, indeed. Good to have you with us.
June 02, 2009 11:06AM
Well, I have been using Gryphon since I was 10, so about 26 years now. I have gamed in many, many systems, but prefer Palladium (the system sucks, the concepts rock, so you put up with it), Marvel (good, simple system, and you can adapt to and with it easily), and of course D20, mostly modern. I have lived all over the place, including 2 separate yeas in a little place called Iraq (really annoying neighbors there!) Currently I am in Michigan, though I have lived here before. Got dragged back here by Cupid of all people, and so I am with my girl, and both of us attend college. She too RPs (Yeah Gamer chick! Woo Hoo!), and is actually in my game, which means I have to strive to avoid both the Gamer Girlfriend pitfalls, and teh opposed GG over compensation thumping when I'm running. Heh, its a fine line to walk!

I have been to this site before, many times, but only recently one of my buddies told me to post and get involved. Oh, and did you all know there was this cool chat board here! (Shameless chat board of awesomeness plug!)

That's more or less it really. You all have a good day, and an awesome game!
Welcome, Gryphon
June 02, 2009 05:50PM
Welcome to the board, Gryphon. Hope you have a long and enjoyable stay with us.
June 10, 2009 05:02AM
Hi everyone

My name is Peter and I'm part of a RPG club down here in sunny Miami

we had just started playing the classic marvel game again (after becoming sick of 4e tongue sticking out smiley) and have a good sized group of people now (like 13 or so players)

I also work with and am a partner of ParadigmConcepts...

we have two game lines Arcanis: the shatterd Empires (d20) and WitchHunter: the Burning Crusade (our own system)
June 10, 2009 06:56AM
Welcome, Nunspa! I hope you enjoy your stay. smiling smiley

Welcome, Nunspa
June 10, 2009 05:30PM
Welcome to the boards. Hope you have a long and enjoyable stay with us.
Howdy!
June 18, 2009 10:23AM
Hello folks!

I've been to the main website time and time again, but only recently joined the forums. TSR's Marvel Superheroes RPG was the second role playing game I was introduced to after AD&D. I have to say, I fell in love with it instantly. I spent many hours rolling up, sometimes cool, sometimes strange, character after character, eventually using them as NPCs to throw at my players' characters.

I'm coming back to the system now as a publisher. Some of you, if not all of you, may know of the 4 Color system. It is a "retro-clone" of the original Marvel Superheroes RPG that just never seems to lose its appeal even after all these years. There are a few other independent companies who are publishing titles for the 4C system, and I'm currently producing a bi-monthly magazine dedicated to it entitled Threat Record. I've only released the first issue in PDF format through an online retailer, but starting with issue #2, it will be offered in print as well.

I look forward to chatting with everyone here!
Welcome, KMan
June 18, 2009 11:32AM
Welcome to the Forums. Good to have you aboard.

Very nice to hear you're putting out a 4C magazine. grinning smiley

Redman II now heads to RPGNow in hopeful quest for Threat Record
Re: Welcome, KMan
June 18, 2009 01:07PM
Thanks! Be warned, the first issue is a rough representation of what the print mag will be like. There will be much more content offered in the print version starting with Issue #2.

Thanks!
Keck Publishing
4C 4Ever!
Re: Welcome, KMan
June 18, 2009 02:04PM
Sweet. Looking forward to it.
July 26, 2009 06:10AM
Hi everybody

I supose I can post this, I'm not really new to the forums boards I use to post about a year back, but my account has been removed since then. Figure I'd keep to tradition and re-interduce myself. My name is Scott and I've been playing Marvel RPG off and on for the past 15 years now. I'm a judge for a group of currently 3 players...no more...no less. I use to run a marvel group for 9 players and that was waaaaaaay to many ppl, initiatives got tedious, combat got long-sum and ppl had to way a very long time to do there roleplaying.

I"m semi familiar with some people on this site already. Never had any problems with anybody in the past, everybody has been really helpfull with the questions i've posted and the help i've needed before.
Welcome back, Marshall
July 26, 2009 08:42AM
Good to have you back with us. Glad to hear you've been finding the site and the community helpful in answering your questions.
August 06, 2009 05:20PM
Hello!

My name is Juan and I'm from Spain. A few weeks ago i decided to host a game in the marvel universe, so i started doing some research to start an adventure. I was planning on using the Marvel Universe diceless system but i came along this game by chance and it looks much more interesting, I decided to give it a try so here I am. I have a few questions so you'll see yet another "noob questions" thread shortly tongue sticking out smiley
August 06, 2009 05:24PM
Leam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello!
>
> My name is Juan and I'm from Spain. A few weeks
> ago i decided to host a game in the marvel
> universe, so i started doing some research to
> start an adventure. I was planning on using the
> Marvel Universe diceless system but i came along
> this game by chance and it looks much more
> interesting, I decided to give it a try so here I
> am. I have a few questions so you'll see yet
> another "noob questions" thread shortly tongue sticking out smiley

Welcome to Classic Marvel Forever and we'll be glad to help you out!

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Greetings, Leam
August 06, 2009 05:40PM
Hola, Juan! Bienvenidos a Classic Marvel.

Hope you enjoy a long and fun visit with us, and by all means bring forth your questions. Discussing the game is why we're here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 30
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.