Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
Re: Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread
August 11, 2009 03:25AM
Hey one and all.

I've been an avid Roleplayer for years now, cutting my teeth on 2nd ed DnD, Kult (my FAVE), MSH (close second) and the Whitewolf systems. Even some Rifts, though how I got through all that math is beyond me now!

Unfortunately I've had to move and my (current) local area has very few Roleplayers (1, incl me), so I'm suffering through withdrawl. But, adversity shall be overcome! I hope.

Well, thats me. Cheerz smileys with beer
Greetings, Sir_Smee
August 12, 2009 01:49PM
Welcome to our asylum. Hope you have a long and fun stay amidst the madness. grinning smiley
August 16, 2009 08:11PM
Um.... have I been gone that long? I actually had to google the new/old site. Anyone wanna fill me in on what the hecks been going on over the past year?

Skarlett da Bewildered Spyder

Photobucket
Welcome Back, Skarlett Spyder
August 18, 2009 02:47PM
Good to see you around again.

The very short version is that the site underwent a change in domain and ownership, but is still very much the site we know and love.
September 10, 2009 09:07AM
My name is Big Al and my group of players are the Hit Men. We live in eastern North Dakota and have a variety of player levels. My wife and I have been playing RPGs since 1984. We've played just about everything, but our favorites are D&D 3.5, Classic Marvel, and Star Wars D6. I always enjoyed the imagination that was inspired by a great story. I am an ordained minister and an avid video game player. Hope to talk to you all soon.

Big Al and the Hit Men
Welcome, rattrap2474
September 10, 2009 12:51PM
Welcome to our forums. Hope you have fun and a long, pleasant stay with us. smileys with beer
September 19, 2009 12:43PM
Well, I just recently turned 32. I've been playing the second edition of Dungeons and Dragons since I was 16 (the gray box set), I've been reading comics since I was 12. Whitewolf- Vampire the Masquerade, Mage the Awakening, Wraith: Oblivion, (i can't stand card games- no real imagination to it), I've played practically every TSR D&D computer games- Baldur's Gate, up through Neverwinter Nights 2. I love comics and comic type games- it's just that much closer to reality than the old fantasy/d&d stuff. I was interested in MSH Rpg years ago when it first came out, and it was just recently i got a craving to actually sit down, read through all the material, and start gaming. I love writing stories, and reading them. I'd love to find a group of people to write some Marvel adventures (some adventures with updated Marvel Superhero stats; not like the one's they put out ten years or so ago). Well, enough about me. My favorite powers in all of this are psionic/psychic ones- the closest powers that mankind actually has some proof and knowledge of (big occult fan). My favorite comics were the original X-Factor (when young Nathan Summers was taken into the future), and I love X-Force- especially Cable. I recently got on the facebook MSH group, so if you see me, then you see me. Take care all, and thanks to everyone that opened up this site. There's not a site out there that is this well informed of all the rules, characters, game-stuff, and just plain helpfulness. Keep up the good work! If there were a way to rate this site/webgroup (whatever it would be recognized as) it'd definitely be a 10 in my book. Thanks!
Welcome, azayzel
September 19, 2009 12:54PM
Good to have you aboard. smileys with beer
September 30, 2009 11:55AM
Well I am back!

And thanks to the excellent moderation hereabouts I got all my technical stuff worked out just nice smiling smiley

Cheers everyone and looking forward to reading what goes an 'round these parts again grinning smiley

October 04, 2009 01:19AM
Welcome back AslanC! smoking smiley

The Skycutter

October 06, 2009 08:45AM
Hello!

Comics for me started in infancy with a giant Red T-Rex and a monkey boy that rode him, Snoopy, Bugs, Richie Rich and such light-humored reads. I was distracted from them during pre-teen days fascinated by Harryhausen movies, Godzilla & Gamera, Lost in Space and Micronauts toys and the beginnings of RPGs in the form of Gamma World and of course D&D

As a teen my friends were into the 'power' players of Marvel - Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, FF etc. with some DC titles mixed in; I was into X-Men, Spidey and Daredevil mostly. Such fond memories I still have of saving enough cash by month's end, walking with my two best friends to the corner liquor store to check the revolving metal wire comic display stand for the latest issues or taking the longer trek on our bikes to the bigger hobby & comics shop across town. Comics for me peaked with Claremont/Byrne at the helm of X-Men

After a long break, a buddy of mine broke out all the MSH books one lazy night in '06; I hadn't seen one in over a decade. Soon we started a campaign based around an old revived character of his. Because of my lifestyle, I've been bouncing back and forth a lot between countries and residences but we manage to play 3-4 sessions every time I'm in town and over the years have had many friends cameo in the latest adventure when available. The running joke is that even though it's been years, it's only been about 1-2 months 'in-game' and that he can't find steady allies to form a team (alas real life, kids, responsibilities take priority)

Anyway, I'm glad to find this site as it seems a wealth of comic and MSH knowledge with friendly down-to-earth folks within
Welcome, Relic
October 06, 2009 12:54PM
Glad you're enjoying yourself so far. Always nice to see new faces.
November 02, 2009 11:15AM
Hi, I am from Tuscaloosa, AL and have been playing marvel since they came out with the advanced set. Mostly as the GM which I really hate since I like being the player more. I have played the 2nd & 3rd edition of DC, Rifts, Battletech, D&D, Shadowrun & Vampire the masquerade. I've always like marvel the best. Was really upset when they stopped making the game. Just when they were advertising Avengers West Coast. I've even made up my own character pieces to fill the void since Marvel only made some of the character pieces for the characters. So far this site has been great.
November 02, 2009 11:36AM
Kiara Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, I am from Tuscaloosa, AL and have been playing
> marvel since they came out with the advanced set.
> Mostly as the GM which I really hate since I like
> being the player more. I have played the 2nd &
> 3rd edition of DC, Rifts, Battletech, D&D,
> Shadowrun & Vampire the masquerade. I've always
> like marvel the best. Was really upset when they
> stopped making the game. Just when they were
> advertising Avengers West Coast. I've even made
> up my own character pieces to fill the void since
> Marvel only made some of the character pieces for
> the characters. So far this site has been great.

Welcome to CMF Kiara glad to have you here! Dive right in or just watch of whatever fits you best and hopefully you'll enjoy your stay and remain for a good long time!

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Welcome, Kiara
November 02, 2009 11:35PM
Welcome to Classic Marvel. Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself here thus far. smiling smiley
Re: I have returned!
November 03, 2009 06:36PM
I have returned to ClassicMarvelForever.com, the domain of The Skycutter! grinning smiley

V

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 08:44PM by The_Skycutter.
Welcome back, Venger
November 04, 2009 11:38AM
Always nice to see the return of previous forum members in addition to the new faces. smiling smiley
Re: Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread!
November 04, 2009 01:14PM
The Mighty Thor has returned to Midgard Mortals and to ClassicMarvelForever.com once more!

Photobucket

By The Power Of The Mighty Thor, So Be It!

Photobucket
November 04, 2009 01:23PM
Welcome back, Venger and Northman!

Welcome to the boards, Kiara! smiling smiley

November 04, 2009 04:07PM
Welcome back Venger & Northman! smileys with beer
Re: Greeting and Salutations - The Official Introduction Thread!
November 05, 2009 01:25AM
Northman Wrote:
> The Mighty Thor has returned to Midgard Mortals
> and to ClassicMarvelForever.com once more!

Now THAT is one badass picture of Thor!

snagged! smiling smiley

Dead Sidekick's Multiversal Table: [i540.photobucket.com]

My Canon Character Toybox: [www.classicmarvelforever.com]

The 126 Schools of Unarmed Ass-Whoopin': [www.classicmarvelforever.com]
Welcome back, Northman
November 05, 2009 01:32PM
Good to see you back around
November 16, 2009 09:42AM
Greetings my fellow MSH players.

My name is JoeSolarte, just wanted to jump into this forum, been meaning to for a long time but was always too busy but here I am.

I firmly believe that the TSR Marvel SuperHero RPG system is one of the best, most flexible RPG systems I have ever played and is perfect for a super hero campaign. Even after 25 years since it's release, it stands alone as the best RPG super hero system ever.

I have been playing MSH since the original YELLOW and BLUE boxed sets came out in the early mid 80's. My gaming group, even thru high school, college/military service, and marriage/families and jobs have managed to keep a core group of about 6 or 7 of us together and have continued playing the system during this time, which I quite frankly believe is quite an achievement.

We have done just about everything you can imagine, from strict "parallel the comic book" campaigns, to "New Universe" style campaigns, to flat out "crossovers from MSH with MiddleEarth/D&D style campaigns".

Anyhow, I am glad to be here and look forward to contributing here.
Greetings, GmJoeSolarte
November 16, 2009 11:55AM
Welcome aboard, sir. Hope you have a good time here, and we look forward to your input and thoughts on things.
November 25, 2009 10:04AM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say hello. i will try to come through when i can. Dumb thing is I have been using classicmarvel as a resource for years and never once bothered to see if the forum worked....LOL...either way. I have been playing this game since it came out. I probably have played all the major RPGs and marvel is by far my favorite. i dont get to chance to play much on my own but i make characters all the time which i use to develop the comics i am working on (and no i dont have any published but i am working on it). I am a big marvel comic collector as well and love wednesday's!

I think i will post some more of my characters so they can be of use to someone. Use them as NPCs maybe or whatever.
Greetings, infinite76
November 25, 2009 12:24PM
Welcome to the forums. Good to have you around smiling smiley
December 13, 2009 08:11PM
Hi I just started playing this game, it's rather fun but I had a question, how does hyperspeed determine extra actions, I created a hyper speeded matter eater for one of my games and was trying to figure out max speed and things like if it attacks, how many attacks a round it gets and the book seems slightly obtuse on the subject, can I get some enlightenment?
December 13, 2009 08:20PM
fjolnir Wrote:
> Hi I just started playing this game, it's rather
> fun but I had a question, how does hyperspeed
> determine extra actions, I created a hyper speeded
> matter eater for one of my games and was trying to
> figure out max speed and things like if it
> attacks, how many attacks a round it gets and the
> book seems slightly obtuse on the subject, can I
> get some enlightenment?

Welcome to the forums here at CMF fjolnir!

As far as your question goes there should be several threads related to Hyper-speed you can find if you look back through the discussion forum if you can't find them you can always start a new thread for that where people are more likely to notice and make it easier to keep the replies to you in an easy-to-find location.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvelforever.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.schlockmercenary.com] - The Gospel of Uncle Ben

[www.furaffinity.net] - Website of Marvel Comics Artist Rusty Haller. R.I.P

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

Be Courteous: Remember to quote who you're replying to so everyone knows who and what you were responding to.
Greetings fjolnir
December 13, 2009 08:31PM
Welcome to the boards smiling smiley

Nightmask makes an excellent point about searching thru prior threads as well as generating a new thread for your question. Both of those in combination should help you find several responses about how different folks handle the superspeed / multiple actions issue, allowing you to draw upon multiple ideas to help find what works for you.
February 14, 2010 05:23AM
Hello

I was on an earlier incarnation of the board, using the name Za Zen. I'm 42, live in rural Maryland, studying to be a chemical dependancy counselor and I started gaming in the 80's. I have not gamed in at least three years but I met some people who game regularly and might give Marvel a try. I tried gaming online and will never bother with that again, my apologies to anybody who was gaming with me a couple years ago.

I'm reading Thor and several Dark Horse titles.
I like noir detective style mysteries, instead of uber power battles in space.
I'm married, have a bunch of cats and a dog.
I like Hank Sr and the Ramones.
Von Blucher is my family name, great-great-granddad Von Blucher beat a guy named Napoleon in a places called Waterloo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 36
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.