The New Marvel-Phile

Posted by hawkeye 
Re: The New Marvel-Phile
June 21, 2018 11:10AM
Dreamslayer72
hawkeye
In honor of the new Avengers movie (hopefully you saw that it was out...), I present two issues of The New Marvel-Phile for this merry month of May! First up, Issue 12 features the Black Order (you may have seen them...), and Thanos's son, Thane!

Is the download link to this not working? I don't see it attached...

It works, click on "Issue 12" in the text.

One world of adventure is never enough.
June 22, 2018 03:44PM
It was too big to attach directly to the forum post, so we had to include a download link. Thanks to the forum for hosting it over at Mega.nz!

Dreamslayer, follow the link that is included where it says Issue 12.
June 28, 2018 03:45PM
In honor of June... with it being as hot as an atomic bomb down here in Mississippi, I give you this month's issue of The New Marvel-Phile, featuring Gamma Corps, Gamma Corps: Black, and the cold, calculating leader of both, General Ryker!

By the way, we are always looking for submissions, so don't hesitate if you have any ideas for updated or new profiles! And we are also looking for encounters, articles, or anything else you might think of for the game!

MP014
Attachments:
open | download - MP-014.pdf (1.78 MB)
June 29, 2018 05:43PM
Awesome! It's about to get hotter at the game table with this sourcebook!
August 06, 2018 04:31PM
So... one of the characters in this month's issue messed with me, and sped up time! Yep, I know it's August, but here is the July issue of The New Marvel-Phile featuring the X-Men from Deadly Genesis!

The previously planned issue featuring Ravencroft Institute will emerge later!

MP-015
Attachments:
open | download - MP-015.pdf (1.01 MB)
August 30, 2018 03:12PM
We're back on track with this month's issue of The New Marvel-Phile! Featuring the national teams of the Philippines and China - Triumph Division and The Dynasty!

MP-016
Attachments:
open | download - MP-016.pdf (1.77 MB)
September 18, 2018 12:37AM
Glad to see the Triumph Division statted up, even though I felt they weren't handled too well in the comics on their first outing (and that there wasn't much to work with).
The timing of the release of this new Marvel-Phile is also kinda funny, considering that currently the Philippines and China are at odds, what with China encroaching on contested territory that the Philippines supposedly has the rights to.
September 19, 2018 08:48AM
It's a funny story how we came about doing a MP on these two groups... the Triumph Division was cut from Andrew Goldstein's upcoming MSH RPG supplement on asian pantheons. And the best image we could find for a cover included The Dynasty, so that's why we included them!

It's interesting how little foreign supers get seen much in the MU - however, an upcoming issue will feature even more foreign supers... and it'll be Giant-Size!
September 24, 2018 05:03PM
While last month saw profiles from Asia, this month we travel around the world to see profiles from many countries! Enjoy this month's "International Edition" of the New Marvel-Phile!

MP017
October 30, 2018 02:54PM
Just in time for Halloween, the MSHRPG Unofficial Canon Project is proud to present the Secret Defenders! Cadaver, Shadowoman, and Cognoscenti... all facing off against two foes from beyond! And stay tuned... a special treat might just show up tomorrow!

MP-018
Attachments:
open | download - MP-018.pdf (1.52 MB)
October 31, 2018 12:56PM
As promised - a special Halloween Treat (no tricks!)... Some classic Horror characters from Atlas comics in this special Halloween Edition of the New Marvel-Phile!

MP-019

(click on the Marvel-Phile text to download this issue)
November 27, 2018 01:39PM
In celebration of family gatherings that tend to happen around this time... we present a... well, okay, they may not be the greatest representations of family dynamics out there, but... they are families! The MSH RPG Unofficial Canon Project is proud to present The Pride!

MP020
Attachments:
open | download - MP-020.pdf (2.39 MB)
December 15, 2018 11:19AM
I'd love to see issues covering all the weirdo characters from Marvel Premiere, as well as the characters from the real world who turned up in Marvel comics.
It would be cool to see stats for the Marvel Comics Official Adaptations too - the Marvel Comics versions of Krull, Blade Runner, etc.
December 15, 2018 02:37PM
Good idea! And if you liked the Marvel Comics Adaptations, you should go over to the MSH RPG Unofficial Canon Project on Facebook, and check out Necromancer's latest release....The Conan the Barbarian virtual box set!

MHR6
December 21, 2018 11:59AM
What better to guard against the start of winter than... the Winter Guard! Presenting this month's issue of The New Marvel-Phile, from George Henson and comic writer David Gallaher!

MP_WG_Cover(2)
December 22, 2018 04:32PM
[www.marvunapp.com]
[marvel.wikia.com]

It got so bizarre it's quite difficult to explain to someone who has never read it just what happened. Never mind why! smiling smiley
January 02, 2019 02:27AM
US Archer can be found in the upcoming Deluxe Edition Gamer's Handbook of the Marvel Universe Volume 1... you should see it sometime in the next month! Writing is complete, and layout and editing is almost finished up!
January 10, 2019 05:33AM
hawkeye
It was too big to attach directly to the forum post, so we had to include a download link. Thanks to the forum for hosting it over at Mega.nz!

Dreamslayer, follow the link that is included where it says Issue 12.

I had the same problem. Mega.nz doesn't like Firefox (or at least the Firefox I'm running). Works well with Chrome, though. Thanks for these great issues!
January 11, 2019 04:55AM
Pel Morba
Thanks for these great issues!

Glad you're enjoying them!
January 12, 2019 04:39PM
It's fun to reminisce, and that's what we are doing with this month's issue of The New Marvel-Phile. Who remembers going to the comic store and seeing those awesome Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe issues? All those characters we had never seen before, all those histories!

Well, this month we are presenting several characters that made the cut for the OHotMU issues, but never made it into a Gamer's Handbook of the Marvel Universe. Enjoy!

MP022
Attachments:
open | download - MP-022.pdf (2.64 MB)
January 21, 2019 11:35AM
Besides US1 and the other novelty vehicle / trucking / car themed heroes and villains (Rocket Racer, Big Wheel, Razorback, US1, Ghost Rider villains, etc.) how about an issue on the "forces" that can endow upon or possess varied people?

Captain Universe, Power Cosmic, Flames of the Faltine, Spirit of Vengeance, etc. -maybe example characters but mainly the actual forces themselves?

For anyone playing or running the game using the forces rather than the characters creates a campaign with legacy heroes and villains and the whole rich mythos but without being restricted to the actual marvel characters from the comics.

Just another thought. smiling smiley
January 22, 2019 03:15AM
Hmmmmm, that's certainly a good idea! I could see including the Starbrand in there as well.
January 22, 2019 04:32AM
Some forces may not have actual stats themselves, or just lack the presence beyond name mention in the comics, but I could see write ups describing the power up they bestow upon their chosen champions to use as a template to apply to others.

For villains, the first ones that come to mind are Cytorrak and the other seven entities of the Octessence that empowered the Juggernaut and the Exemplars.

A high post count is indicative of little more than one having the time to post frequently.
It does not mean a person is more knowledgeable on any given topic than anyone else.
January 22, 2019 06:58PM
Yes that's what I meant, templates or modifers. Flames of the Faltine for example we've seen in old comics crowning characters as a fiery halo or consuming their entire head like Dormammu, or when Nicodemus attempted to attain sorceror supremacy he was overloaded, gained a Dormammu head for a round- then collapsed comatose.
January 24, 2019 03:26PM
Funny you should mention that...I was just noodling around with power templates myself. I hadn't gotten beyond the following list:
Protector of the Universe
Sorcerer Supreme
Herald of Galactus
Power Cosmic
Phoneix Force
Uni-power
Enigma Force
January 24, 2019 06:57PM
Scientist Supreme
Dark Future / "punished" versions of characters
Weapon X program
Flames of the Faltine
Green Goblin Formula
Further Mutation / Monstrous Form (spiky Thing, blue furred Beast, cat-tailed Tigra)
Hulks / Gamma Irradiated (all those Gamma / green skinned altered people and animals)
Inhuman
Morituri
Spider-Power (bitten by the Spider / Spider totem)
Chosen of a God (Moon Knight)
Voodoo powers (Brother Voodoo)
Spirit of Vengeance (flaming skull head etc.)
Werewolf infection
Vampire infection
Things / orange rock form
S.H.I.E.L.D. operative
A.R.M.O.R. operative
S.W.O.R.D. operative
Marvel Zombie infection
What If variant character (some single major harmful change took place, be it losing an eye, turning into a vampire or losing an arm or a leg)
Legacy character (Spider-Girl, Vulturions, etc.) - basically a type of sidekick type character, a beginning character which is a lower Rank version of an existing character "just starting out"
Nazi character
Soviet character
Vampire hunter (Blade, Van Helsing family, Hannibal King)
Half-Kree
Half-Skrull
Deviant
Eternal
Brain in a jar (with or without robot body) (Kree Supreme Intelligence, Doctor Sun, etc.)
Alien foundling (Omega the Uknown, Ultra Girl, Marvel Boy before they ruined his continuity, Red Raven)
Original Human Torch derived Android / Synthezoid (one of the apparently endless Vision / Torch / whatever spinoffs or derivatives)
Renegade Ultron body
Spider-Clone
Parallel world Doom
Parallel world Kang
Fragment of Eternity (Defenders "A Piece of Eternity is Missing" (Defenders #92) )
Parallel world Fantastic Four member
Congress of Realities member (Man-Thing, Howard the Duck issues)
Captain America replacement (government sponsored Captain America variant character eg USAgent)
White Tiger amulet power (Chosen of White Tiger God)

also I guess the Kirby Big Head is a template - M.O.D.O.K. and derivatives.

also also using that brilliant 126 martial arts list it is easy to create Hand Ninja templates and similar - quick and easy way to make hordes of jobbing martial arts groups, clans and teams
January 24, 2019 08:34PM
also I guess the Kirby Big Head is a template - M.O.D.O.K. and derivatives.
January 25, 2019 12:02AM
[classicmarvelforever.com]

Pseudo-Skrulls are another template - exposure to Skrull milk confers templated powerup.
February 04, 2019 04:30PM
As an early surprise (ok... actually I'm moving to DC this month, so gotta get it out early), here is this month's issue of The New Marvel-Phile! Featuring Ravencroft Institute, it also includes characters associated with Ravencroft including Man-Wolf and one of the newest symbiotes, Scorn!

MP023
Attachments:
open | download - Marvel Phile 023 Ravencroft Institute.pdf (1.87 MB)
February 15, 2019 02:44PM
hawkeye
Good idea! And if you liked the Marvel Comics Adaptations, you should go over to the MSH RPG Unofficial Canon Project on Facebook, and check out Necromancer's latest release.... The Conan the Barbarian virtual box set!

Hey there gang, does anyone know how I can get a copy of the Conan source book if I'm not a member of facebook?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 77
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.